• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

LedgerMail: World’s first decentralized secure email solution onboards 500K users!

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

LedgerMail: World’s first decentralized secure email solution onboards 500K users!​

Screenshot-2021-03-08-at-7.25.21-PM-80x80.png

November 8, 2021
By
Anjali Sriniwasan
ledgermail-1.jpg

Privacy is a growing concern for everyone around the world and while traditional email providers use the IMAP/SMTP transfer protocols, their centralized governance styles are raising concerns.
These legacy email providers use cumbersome and old email transfer protocols that are very susceptible to hacks and exploits. A shocking 94% of cyber attacks took place through email over the past 2 years. This resulted in $26 billion worth of losses around the world.
LedgerMail is a decentralized email solution that relies on blockchain technology to build an email ecosystem that is decentralized and gives back control to users. It also addresses the privacy and security concerns of users and gives them a secure system.
What is LedgerMail?
LedgerMail offers a decentralized email solution with the aim to protect the digital rights of email users through the utility of blockchain technology.
It provides an immutable, private and secure email service that aims to make traditional email protocols obsolete. Every email transfer on LedgerMail is treated as a transaction and validated using the XDPoS consensus mechanism.
The platform operates on the 3rd generation Hybrid blockchain platform which is a lightning-fast, accountable and enterprise-ready fabric that is based on the Delegated Proof of Stake algorithm. It has 108 transaction-validating master nodes along with another 192 standby nodes.
Key features
Some of the major features of LedgerMail are:
  • Decentralization: Unlike centralized email platforms, LedgerMail stores emails over a shared ledger that is distributed over nodes across a blockchain network.
  • Encryption: In order to provide users with the best encryption and security, the platform uses cryptographic algorithms, hashing functions, and an Asymmetric-key mechanism.
  • Privacy: By going away with centralized governance on the platform and using asymmetric cryptography, LedgerMail makes sure that users’ privacy is given the top priority.
  • Security: The platform aims to build a tamper-proof, immutable, and unhackable service that gives people a decentralized email ecosystem.
  • Prevention: LedgerMail prevents data and network breaches by preventing header manipulation and overwriting to spoof email IDs.
How does it work?
ledgermail.jpg

LedgerMail offers a simple to use UI, users can become a part of the ecosystem through enabling the LedgerMail extension and then logging in with any of their existing email IDs. Once this is done a key phrase for login is generated and the user is all set to use the services of LedgerMail. Every user gets seed words (a private key) that are used to decrypt emails that are not stored on the LedgerMail servers.
Every email transfer takes less than 0.00125 XDC for validation. Since LedgerMail operates on a 3rd generation XDC blockchain and an XDPoS consensus mechanism, it consumes very minimal energy for each transaction. The platform itself is a Carbon Neutral Blockchain Platform and takes extremely low energy for transactions. LedgerMail is planning on an environment-friendly ecosystem through the adoption of Blockchain 4.0 and XDPoS 2.0.
Conclusion
LedgerMail is backed by LedgerFi IT Solutions that is based in UAE and powered by XinFin’s XDC network. It is bridging the gap between DeFi and DeCom and focusing on exchanging information, data, files, and even digital currencies.
The platform has successfully onboarded 500K+ users, has 308,453 active wallets and was able to achieve 100K+ email transactions in 24 hours. Every user has a unique blockchain wallet ID that is mapped internally with their email IDs to get better interoperability and accessibility.
To create your free account and for more information, please check out their official website.
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be treated as news/advice.

https://ambcrypto.com/ledgermail-worlds-first-decentralized-secure-email-solution-onboards-500k-users/

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
...it consumes very minimal energy for each transaction. The platform itself is a Carbon Neutral Blockchain Platform and takes extremely low energy for transactions...

...To create your free account and for more information...

As in it won't hog up 5% of the world's power to host an e-mail server? Wow! What a concept! What will they think of next?

Sort of brings the whole concept and value of the energy intense vapor coins into focus.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
As in it won't hog up 5% of the world's power to host an e-mail server? Wow! What a concept! What will they think of next?

Sort of brings the whole concept and value of the energy intense vapor coins into focus.
Where do you get this bogus information from? The media?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
hey D,

thought it more interesting that there may be a applicable use finally of crypts,

what I was referring to some time ago,

and secure email would be a good thing,

compared to mcsoft/yahoo/joogle etc

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Nope. T
Where do you get this bogus information from? The media?
Nope, thought of it on my own. It's always bugged me that crypto 'currencies' gobble up such an enormous amount of energy- for an invisible batch of ones and zeros. But supposedly required for the layers of uber security.

But you see it, a free email account that uses the same tech but uses almost none. That was my point.

Bogus? What is it that I said that was bogus?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
which is a fair point,

as with any 'free emails', how is it being funded to be a operable infrastructure for emails,

and then is there some additional energy demand to go crypt vs the normal net route with and traditional email

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
why would anybody want their emails stored permanently on a public ledger? Sure its "secure" for now; until it isn't.
And a ledger? how much spam is gonna take space up on that?

wastrel

rather annoying
Reaction score
Remember during the run-up to the "dot com crash" in 2000, many new business plans were basically "something we're already doing, but on the internet!" Some were good ideas, the majority were not.

Well, now you're starting to see plans of "something we're already doing, but on a blockchain!" Some might be good ideas...

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
How does it stack up to Proton Mail?

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm no cybersecurity expert but Proton Mail seems to be secure (enough).

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Nope. T

Nope, thought of it on my own. It's always bugged me that crypto 'currencies' gobble up such an enormous amount of energy- for an invisible batch of ones and zeros. But supposedly required for the layers of uber security.

But you see it, a free email account that uses the same tech but uses almost none. That was my point.

Bogus? What is it that I said that was bogus?
Sure, cryptos use energy. Some use much energy. But compared to the amount of energy gobbled up by fiat systems, crypto energy use is a drop in the bucket. Not bad for a currency which is used world wide. Also, most crypto mining is in places where energy is abundant and sometimes just wasted/burned off. If this is your main complaint, I would suggest turning off whatever it is you're listening to.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
don't know enough about it yet,

but it appears as though the email is carried on another and routed through ledger,

in other words, it still exists on the legacy types then gets traded thru ledger and on its way

when I get time, have to look into it more,

but for now, pretty useless if they are just a rerouter

then we could probably assume that a inbound mail is going to be flagged as spam and you may not see it, as the legacies choose to move them out of the equation,

as I said, more work to do to find out what it actually is