• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Lefties Get an Education on Restrictive Gun Laws

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
First, they came for hand sanitizer and bleach wipes. Then it was the toilet paper. Now, it's guns and ammunition.
AmmoLand

Americans are lining up at local gun shops taking stock of their safety concerns and stocking up on guns and ammunition. FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) told NSSF background check traffic saw a 300 percent increase on Monday, March 16, compared to the same day in 2019. Daily volumes are roughly double what they were a year ago.

Not So Easy

First-time gun buyers are learning the gun control tropes of people being able to buy guns over the internet just isn’t true. Omaha Outdoors reported they were having to tell many Californians, despite what gun control politicians claim, they can’t sell and ship guns online. Those in even more restrictive states are learning the harsh realities that gun owners must endure to buy a gun and exercise rights.
  • In Illinois, Massachusetts, Hawaii and New Jersey, gun owners must get a firearms owner identification card. That’s not so simple when health concerns are causing government offices to shutter.
  • California requires a Firearms Safety Certificate to purchase a gun. Buying ammunition in California can only be done with its own background check.
  • Connecticut requires an owner to obtain a handgun eligibility certificate. Long guns in Connecticut require their own long gun eligibility certificate. Iowa requires a five-year permit to buy a handgun.
  • Maryland law requires a handgun qualification license. Those buying modern sporting rifles, or what the state defines “assault weapons” must obtain a Regulated Firearms Purchase.
  • Michigan law states anyone buying a handgun must have a valid handgun purchase license issued by local law enforcement or concealed carry license.
  • Nebraska buyers must have a handgun certificate or a concealed weapon permit to buy handguns.
  • New York has licensing requirements for handguns that require photographs and fingerprints and the state has six months to process the license.
  • North Carolina requires a permit to purchase from the county sheriff.
  • Rhode Islanders must complete a two-hour safety class to obtain a safety certificate from the state’s Department of Environmental Management.
  • Washingtonians must complete safety training within five years to buy semiautomatic rifles.
  • Those living in Washington, D.C., don’t have to get a license to buy, but the District’s registration requirements serve the same purpose as it must be completed and signed off before purchases can be made.

Maybe now they will understand a little better.
BF

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
'Way the hell back in the Olden Days, I got a pistol permit in New Yawk for my Luger. The permit was limited to the Luger (serial # on permit) and ONLY that Luger. No other pistol.

Required two drivers license-style photos, fingerprints... and get this: SIDE OF PALM prints. <-- TINS

And the only reason I qualified even with all that was that I was a GI.

And... it was not valid in New Yawk City.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
so....

"You're looking to purchase an Assault Rifle?"
"That'll be $10k and we can toss in a box of 22 'Long Rifle' ammo for ya, O.K.?"
"Magazines are over there on the shelf... $50 ea or we got a deal today, three for $200 "

:2 thumbs up:

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Left anti-gun citizens want to buy guns now?
Is that true?
... and if these owners with their shiny new weapons don't end up injuring themselves, these weapons will be the first to fall victim to any .gov 'buy back' program and will be traded out for a grocery card or a Target card (how appropriate) in a few years...

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So, this is how the wheel has turned. My ultra libtard ex-sister in law and her clueless husband are as anti gun as they come. They got scared last week and moved in with the ex-inlaws (whom I still have a pretty good relationship cause of my boy) because the ex-inlaws own and use guns.

Needless to say, I had to txt my SIL and rub her face in it, as she used to think I was crazy for owning guns and being a "redneck" as she used to put it. Not so funny now is it?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Good post.
What???
They moved to be in a home where they are protected by guns?
Wow.
Where did they live before?
Do want to buy guns now?
So, this is how the wheel has turned. My ultra libtard ex-sister in law and her clueless husband are as anti gun as they come. They got scared last week and moved in with the ex-inlaws (whom I still have a pretty good relationship cause of my boy) because the ex-inlaws own and use guns.

Needless to say, I had to txt my SIL and rub her face in it, as she used to think I was crazy for owning guns and being a "redneck" as she used to put it. Not so funny now is it?

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They live outside San Diego (rich part) and the in-laws live out in east county (country).

Don't know if they will buy or train with guns now, but maybe they will see the light after this!

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
so....

"You're looking to purchase an Assault Rifle?"
"That'll be $10k and we can toss in a box of 22 'Long Rifle' ammo for ya, O.K.?"
"Magazines are over there on the shelf... $50 ea or we got a deal today, three for $200 "

:2 thumbs up:
Yeah but where are the high capacity assault clips and the thingy that goes up?

Last edited:

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I can tell you HOW to avoid all those rules.

Get your own FFL (class III should be considered minimum but a Class X is the way to go - both cost extra $$$, especially the Class X). AND AN SOT. Guess what, none of those RULES APPLY TO YOU NOW.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I can tell you HOW to avoid all those rules.

Get your own FFL (class III should be considered minimum but a Class X is the way to go - both cost extra $$$, especially the Class X). AND AN SOT. Guess what, none of those RULES APPLY TO YOU NOW.
Yeah, good luck with that! Those are very costly and take months or even years to obtain for your ordinary Joe, not to mention the costs assoviated with providing a secure area for those Class III evil weapons of war that the ATF will approve! Get yourself a FFL 03 C&R (Curios and Relics) and have all the milsurp weapons you can find delivered right to your door. $30 bucks for 4 years

Last edited:

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
... and if these owners with their shiny new weapons don't end up injuring themselves, these weapons will be the first to fall victim to any .gov 'buy back' program and will be traded out for a grocery card or a Target card (how appropriate) in a few years...
I'm just picturing these morons stacking the guns in a heap as they queue up and wait to be admitted to Klub FEMA.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The libtards are afraid of the Toilet Paper Pirates.

Assuming they are able to obtain said firearms, they have a steep learning curve which includes function, ammo, mags, cleaning and training which requires MORE ammo, time and money.

Out in these parts, the gun stores are closed, and so are the shooting ranges.

Too little, too late...

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
They may as well not even bother. Will probably end up hurting themselves or others. I doubt they would be able to protect themselves with a weapon anyway. One of the requirements is you need to be able to pull the trigger.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
They may as well not even bother. Will probably end up hurting themselves or others. I doubt they would be able to protect themselves with a weapon anyway. One of the requirements is you need to be able to pull the trigger.
And actually know how.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Are liberals really trying to buy guns now?
That is the word. I watched a YT video, yesterday I think, by a gun store owner in Indiana. He said that 70-80% of the purchases in his store in the past week or so have been by first time gun buyers (or at least buyers he’s never seen in his store before). Some folks have told him they were scared of guns or were anti/gun, but were afraid to be without one, in the current situation. He says he is cautioning every new buyer to try to get training in safe gun handling. Nothing like buying something you don’t like and know nothing about in a panic.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
That is the word. I watched a YT video, yesterday I think, by a gun store owner in Indiana. He said that 70-80% of the purchases in his store in the past week or so have been by first time gun buyers (or at least buyers he’s never seen in his store before). Some folks have told him they were scared of guns or were anti/gun, but were afraid to be without one, in the current situation. He says he is cautioning every new buyer to try to get training in safe gun handling. Nothing like buying something you don’t like and know nothing about in a panic.
Everybody be sure to save up some dry powder for the yard sales this summer. <hint, hint>

BF

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
From another forum I peruse.

"One thing I can honestly say is a LOT of Democrats are getting an eye opener. Local shop called me yesterday, and asked if I could come in and help. I used to do it years back as a volunteer(just extra eyes/ears during the 2013 mess, got a couple of sweet guns out of the deal). Most of the people coming in were first-timers. The few I assisted were registered Dems(I asked, "just out of curiosity"). Every one of them was shocked what you had to do just to get a gun. One younger guy I helped was a Bernie fan. I pulled up a couple of pics on my phone, and showed them to him. "Hey, that looks like Walmart right now." Nope.....that was the USSR under Communism in 1975. This is what Bernie would cause if he gets in. It really got him to thinking, and asking serious questions. I spoke to him as a human being, and he was actually surprised that a Conservative was so mellow. He actually thanked me for being honest, and said he had plenty of time to go do research, as he was working at one of the taverns that is now closed.

Another couple were pissed that the Dems were stonewalling virtually every Trump proposal, or trying to slip in their pet projects. They weren't looking for a handout or a "Trump check", just cut the red tape and get the problem solved. One older gentleman looked at them and said, "Welcome to reality. I was a Dem years ago, and they have been doing this <crap> for decades." I passed the ball to him, and they left enlightened.

Some of those getting handguns were delayed as well. That alone was a teachable moment."

Another post from the same thread.

"Ran into town to try to find some things for my mother-in-law. Had my PPE on and saw no one else taking any precautions. Walked past the gun counter and saw a line. I haven’t seen a line at a Walmart gun counter since Oblamo won. Heard a bit of a commotion so moved a bit closer to hear.

“I’m sorry sir but the whole system is running slow due to all of the panic buying. We simply can’t sell you the gun until the background check comes back.” Is what the lady behind the counter said. "

Rude awakening for some of the indoctrinated.:tex:

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Everybody be sure to save up some dry powder for the yard sales this summer. <hint, hint>

BF
I can't wait to snatch up all that discounted ammo and toilet paper.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
...Rude awakening for some of the indoctrinated.:tex:
As soon as this passes, they'll almost all go back to their old habits, ways and social views. I've seen it here with my own eyes here in NY right after 9/11 and Super Storm Sandy. They do not learn. No matter how many times you hit them in the head with the 2x4 of cold, hard truth. Unfortunately their center of balance is to be a slave/sheep and they actually prefer it to be that way.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As soon as this passes, they'll almost all go back to their old habits, ways and social views. I've seen it here with my own eyes here in NY right after 9/11 and Super Storm Sandy. They do not learn. No matter how many times you hit them in the head with the 2x4 of cold, hard truth. Unfortunately their center of balance is to be a slave/sheep and they actually prefer it to be that way.
Kinda like praying only when things are going shitty.

Bigfoot

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I welcome as many new firearms owners as we can get. The more people who realize guns are tools that can be used to protect themselves, their family, and their community, the better. We WANT the Hegelian Dialectic to break down.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Several years ago, I gave my older sister a .38 Police Special (old timey cop-issue sidearm) because it was just about impossible to not be able to work it. Point, shoot. No racking, no "clips", no safeties, double-action... just an always-ready firearm to keep safely somewhere in her house.

I just found out: She gave it away. :bang head:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
On The Joe Rogan podcast yesterday, he said a bunch of his neighbors who are all lefties were asking him what kinds of guns to buy and stuff too. Just more confirmation that it is indeed happening.

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Evl Bnkr

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Unintended consequences. Don't the assholes runnin this circus know what panic makes americans do?

Reminds me of a short story
Here it is in a PDF format: Unintended Consequences

BF
Wow BF - you must read big books if a 749 page book is a "short story"! LOL I'm 100 pages into it and enjoying it biggly...

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Unintended consequences. Don't the assholes runnin this circus know what panic makes americans do?

Reminds me of a short story
Here it is in a PDF format: Unintended Consequences

BF
Thank you sir.

I have several copies. Originals. One signed by John Ross himself. I loaned my dad my first run copy and he gave to my BIL who gave it to somebody and can't remember who.
But I bought more copies and I always have a couple of extras to loan out.

BUT NOW I HAVE THE PDF and I can just give THAT OUT.

THANK YOU SIR.