• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

List all major business closures here, that are due to Beer Virus aka CV-19

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
OC lockdown.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I couldn't stand it, I had to go out in the garage & find my dust mask.
BRING'EM ON !! :belly laugh:

BRING'EM ON !.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
You mean something like this ? :don't    know2::rotf::rotf::rotf:

bring'em on....png

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Mall of America closed as of 5PM tonight. Wisconsin Governor bans all gatherings of 10 or more and all bars and restaurants may only serve pick-up food or curbside food orders. Bars that do not serve food are S.O.L.

Target stores are limiting hours and allowing elderly and immune compromised patrons to shop during the first hour open on Wednesdays (after their intense cleaning and restocking).

All volunteer tax preparation services such as AARP and VITA have shut down for the rest of tax season. They did so without notifying those with appointments. We have bewildered seniors showing up at our office.

All schools in WI close indefinitely tomorrow. Everything changes by the hour. I don't keep up on my overtime days and didn't know half of the stuff until I got home at 7PM.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Actually I'm much more interested in when/how soon this stupidity will end. 15 April?
It'll end when society learns to live with the new risk.
Seeing as they aren't doing what it would take to actually get rid of the darn thing, it's seeming more and more like it's just gonna be something that is with us now. From now on it'll be colds flu and covid season. Or as I like to call it, wuflu.

Edited to add: at some point life will have to go on.

Your wish came true !

Fresh from my son in Orange County ! WTF - what an overreach of power ! red sq on last page added by T
Orange County, COMMIEFORNIA is officially locked down !!!!
I skimmed through that, but didn't see an actual curfew listed. Did I miss it?

Imo, if ya wanna go somewhere and a cop asks why you are out, just tell 'em you'te out hitting stores trying to find supplies ya need. If grocery stores and pet food stores and drive thru resturants are open, they are obviously allowing for people to go to those establishments and if you can't find what you need at one place, go to another. Around me there's stores like those in every direction, so no matter where I'm going, there's always at least one that would make sense as to my direction of travel.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
People are crazy. Some feel like they have to take some sort of 'precautionary' action to remain relevant or something. Kinda like being 'woke' I suppose. When the best thing they could do is sit there, shut up and do nothing.

I got a text from the cell phone company yesterday just to let me know that they are being proactive in helping to stop the spread of the virus. The cell phone company for chrissakes. Yeah, pretty sure they'll still cash the checks I send them...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Is this a trial run for when they want to lock us down whenever they think it is necessary ?
I see this as a win/win for our masters (sarc), as when it is over & the virus did not spread much, it will be "we did the right thing" AND if the virus spreads & kills millions, God help us, the next time they might execute the ill, the possibly ill & cremate them !
Interesting that we have had much worse viral attacks & 95% or more survived them.
We are in uncharted waters !

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I skimmed through that, but didn't see an actual curfew listed. Did I miss it?
I see it as an initial attempt to test the waters for a future curfew/lock down.
REMEMBER:
When the government wants to do something, that they know the people will resist, they CREATE a PROBLEM, big enough, that the people will accept the solution to the problem, no matter how distasteful !
As shootist has said, several times, something else is coming !
I believe he is right & I am thinking it is a financial meltdown, currency change, or a digital money (cashless). :don't    know2:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Chrysler plant in Detroit closed, Jeep plant in Toledo closed.

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Took me awhile to realize it but most humans actually prefer to be slaves.

Its a lot easier being told what to do than to think for yourself and risk making decisions. Can't say I see things changing. Seems people have been domesticated for easy control and tax harvesting.

They freed the slaves not because they suddenly grew a conscience but because they realized it would be far more profitable to tax the hell out everyone and convince them they actually had a say in matters (voting).

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I regularly duck into Mail Boxes Etc. just before 4:00 to make the FedEx truck by 4:00. Yeah, not any more. Starting tomorrow they will close at 2:00 until further notice. I suspect it's because they can get paid whether they're open or not with 'free' federal money because they're 'impacted' by the virus. If this is the way it's going to go then yes, the stock market is still wildly overvalued.

It's getting loopy.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
LDG is still going to the office for now, the barn is still needing Machinery stuff fixed, so far it's pretty much "normal" for me.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My company (I work in IT) has spent the week getting the entire company ready to work exclusively from home. Tomorrow, I'll likely be the only one left in the building manning the trenches as one other guy works in the field getting the last people geared up and out. After that, I'll likely the the only one ( I will be the only IT guy) going back in with any regularity as I'm responsible for the server backup tapes.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Rumor (I emphasize "rumor") has it that the big cloud providers are having an Oh! Shit! moment as parts for their proprietary built servers, and those of the commodity builders are expected to be impacted greatly in the coming months.

That means adding capacity to the cloud is going to be impacted.

The big 3 are already asking big, big users to define their needs for the coming year since many of them run 1.5 million plus virtual servers and way too many to count serverless applications.

Ironically, server-less does not really mean server-less.

The big guys are already eyeing some of the smaller fish like digital ocean, linode, etc. as a short term fix and already have lobbyist plying strategic congress critters saying that this in the national interest to sweep up these smaller competitors as a stop gap measure and not as a anti-competitive measure.

Then again, the way things are going alibaba computing may have excess capacity (I apologize for the bad joke).

Ironically, IBM might come out a winner as they still maintain some sort of domestic chip manufacturing capacity. Go figure. Every time I think big blue is ready to bite the dust they find a way to scramble to safe ground.

"GLADE SPRING, Va. — Utility Trailer Manufacturing has laid off 75 employees at the facility in Glade Spring, Virginia.

Plant Manager Sam Cassell says the decision was made due to a decline in demand.

“Laying off any number of staff is never easy, especially when it is within such a tight community of Utility Trailer Glade Spring," Cassell said. "We understand the impact this can have on many of those around us. We will continue to evaluate the demand for dry vans and hope that future increases in demand will allow us to reengage the services of our valued employees.”

https://wcyb.com/news/local/utility...RL-IAXDGPgxiDP2GmnCb0CuSQ_v2PfPpexvyHVeBCGaEQ

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Rumor (I emphasize "rumor") has it that the big cloud providers are having an Oh! Shit! moment as parts for their proprietary built servers, and those of the commodity builders are expected to be impacted greatly in the coming months.

That means adding capacity to the cloud is going to be impacted.

The big 3 are already asking big, big users to define their needs for the coming year since many of them run 1.5 million plus virtual servers and way too many to count serverless applications.

Ironically, server-less does not really mean server-less.

The big guys are already eyeing some of the smaller fish like digital ocean, linode, etc. as a short term fix and already have lobbyist plying strategic congress critters saying that this in the national interest to sweep up these smaller competitors as a stop gap measure and not as a anti-competitive measure.

Then again, the way things are going alibaba computing may have excess capacity (I apologize for the bad joke).

Ironically, IBM might come out a winner as they still maintain some sort of domestic chip manufacturing capacity. Go figure. Every time I think big blue is ready to bite the dust they find a way to scramble to safe ground.
I would NEVER put anything from my computer or my photos, with anybody else ! COMPUTER GEEK.gif :picture perfect::thumbs down:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Detroit restaurant chain laid off 500.
Buddy sem-retired working 2 days a week was asked to take a few weeks off.
Sister-n-law does nails and salon closed so she is at zero income.
Trucking company pulling trucks off the road.

I think the sunshine is right around the corner in a few weeks. Ya gotta get knocked down before you get up. Darkest before the dawn and all that. No sports so people are paying attention. Even a little politer than a short time ago.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
is there a Poll for when will America be shut down , medical Marshall law , curfews and all that?....
Heard a murmer tonight about a possible nationwide quarantine from someone in the military. Guy said he'd advise to stock up on food. This is all very rumor based fwiw. A 'they are telling us' type of thing.

As I said in the previous post, things are happening very fast.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Heard a murmer tonight about a possible nationwide quarantine from someone in the military. Guy said he'd advise to stock up on food. This is all very rumor based fwiw. A 'they are telling us' type of thing.

As I said in the previous post, things are happening very fast.
My wife who works for major hospital here said the pervasive rumor is for regional quarantines lasting up to 45 days.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I told my wife last night, I think its a possibility that the country and culture we have lived in may cease to exist as we know it. I don't like hearing those words come out of my own mouth and I hope its exaggerated but its certainly possible.

We have been easily manipulated and the means of control are in place. Except for those living off the grid.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Well, I might have to work until July 15 now. I did not want to work past tax day. It my semi-retirement job.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
NYC will be shut down for sure. Not sure where most of the cases are originating but NY already has claims over 5300 Cases. SUCKS TO BE THEM.
FIFY :2 thumbs up::rotf::rotf::rotf:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Where does that leave the following quarter?
We are still waiting for IRS guidance and finalized rules. We are telling clients to follow existing tax law for anything but paying their individual balance due at this time. We are also encouraging everyone to file by 4/15 since we may not be open or have adequate staffing beyond that point. I work for H&R Block. I work one day a week in the off season.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
3 of my part time gigs are shut down.
I have contracts at 2 local nightclubs to provide sound & lighting for the rock rooms.
I also sell at the local flea market in the spring.
Frankly at my & the wife's age I'm glad to not be doing any of that.
I personally handle mixing Friday & Saturday at the one location.
Maybe 3 bands a night sharing microphone drunken sweat, spit & phlem.
It's a glamorous business...
I'm trying to fill my time listing flea inventory on eBay, but that is going slow.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
County fairgrounds closed all events canceled. Many were annual.