• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

List all major business closures here, that are due to Beer Virus aka CV-19

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It has been confirmed, Minnesota liquor stores here will remain open during the "stay-at-home" order in Minnesota. While the stay at home order lasts Friday 11:59PM through April 10, the bars are to remain closed and restaurants pick-up only extended through at least May 1st. Lots of people going to be staying at home and drinking. Myself included (when I'm not working or in the garden).

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
New rule, new rule. Baker called it. It is declared hereforth that reusable grocery bags are banned and stores must supply free of charge paper, single use or compostable plastic bags.
There go the trees! So sad!!!

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Only medical pot shops can operate as of tomorrow noon. No recreational only stores can operate for 2 weeks.
Back to the black market we go.....Get ready to pay pre rec store prices too.

Minnesota liquor stores here will remain open during the "stay-at-home" order in Minnesota.
Wonder how many alcoholics this "crisis" will produce?

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wonder how many alcoholics this "crisis" will produce?
Probably a good number. People are stuck at home with their families, some without work, stressing, maybe nothing to do with all the time.

I feel damn lucky. I live alone. I mostly work from home. Apparently my employer is considered essential and if they weren't I could have easily weathered a long gap. I am in no danger of getting bored as I have a strong tendency to take on too many things.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I still haven't heard a good reason as to why liquor stores are allowed to remain open when so many other places have to close down.
It's not as though people didn't see what was coming. If they could go buy a 100 rolls of toilet paper, why couldn't they grab a couple weeks supply of their favorite hooch at the same time?

Besides, what good is being able to get liquored up if afterwards I can't even get a tattoo? Makes no f'ing sense. None at all. Lol

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I still haven't heard a good reason as to why liquor stores are allowed to remain open when so many other places have to close down.
It's not as though people didn't see what was coming. If they could go buy a 100 rolls of toilet paper, why couldn't they grab a couple weeks supply of their favorite hooch at the same time?

Besides, what good is being able to get liquored up if afterwards I can't even get a tattoo? Makes no f'ing sense. None at all. Lol
When the government picks winners and losers all bets are off. I didn't expect my employer to be considered essential. Turns out they didn't even need to ask for an exemption, they are exempted by category.

People will have to learn how to do their own tattoos.
Now that brings up an interesting question. How many crude COVID-19 tattoos will there be? Home done during stay-at-home/quarantine.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When the government picks winners and losers all bets are off. I didn't expect my employer to be considered essential. Turns out they didn't even need to ask for an exemption, they are exempted by category.

Now that brings up an interesting question. How many crude COVID-19 tattoos will there be? Home done during stay-at-home/quarantine.
I'm more worried about a population explosion.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm more worried about a population explosion.
Especially in Iowa as of yesterday. The governor signed an order that all elective or non-emergent surgical procedures are prohibited until April 16. A local radio personality called the governor's office for clarification and got a written response from her office. Yes, abortions are considered to be elective, non-emergent procedures and are forbidden with the rest of them.

I'll bet no one saw that coming.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
My employer terminated any bonuses.

I see the writing on the wall, layoffs are next. It’s only a matter of time.

Unfortunately I started in December and it’s usually last in, first out.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
why not extend it to Jan 1, 2021, let's just write the rest of the year off...

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
why not extend it to Jan 20, 2021, let's just write the rest of the year off...
FIFY........ so they can steal the election......

I shudder to think of our future if they do ever get any power again.