• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

lol....atlanta denny's

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Did they file assault charges against the employees who hit them?

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Dedicated employees, I'm impressed by their loyalty, lol.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Restaurant flunks health dept inspection, manager kicks out TV crew.

I've seen worse.
Thanks! I started listening to it, but couldn't grasp what they failed in the first few moments. I thought it might have been a fight in the store?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I wouldn't eat at a Denny's if it was free !

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
My opinion, most of these chain restaurants don’t care anymore about their customer base. They are expensive! It’s difficult to get two meals for much less than $20, anymore from anywhere in the fast food/chain restaraunt world. They often will carelessly screw your order up, not giving you what you wanted, or give you bad food, old food, the wrong food, whatever. And honestly, most of these places, the food sucks, big time, even if it’s made and served right. Not to even mention the horrible employee attitudes. They can all go out of business, as far as I’m concerned. People need to learn to shop for food and cook. The people at that Denny’s, their attitude should have been, “We made a few mistakes. We are sorry, we will fix this problem. We care about our customers. Give us another chance.”

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My opinion, most of these chain restaurants don’t care anymore about their customer base. They are expensive! It’s difficult to get two meals for much less than $20, anymore from anywhere in the fast food/chain restaraunt world. They often will carelessly screw your order up, not giving you what you wanted, or give you bad food, old food, the wrong food, whatever. And honestly, most of these places, the food sucks, big time, even if it’s made and served right. Not to even mention the horrible employee attitudes. They can all go out of business, as far as I’m concerned. People need to learn to shop for food and cook. The people at that Denny’s, their attitude should have been, “We made a few mistakes. We are sorry, we will fix this problem. We care about our customers. Give us another chance.”
I stopped going to Ihop about 8 years ago because you couldn't walk in and get a cheap plate of pancakes anymore...a simple plate of pancakes was upwards of $10! That didn't count drink/coffee or a side of bacon! Insane.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I stopped going to Ihop about 8 years ago because you couldn't walk in and get a cheap plate of pancakes anymore...a simple plate of pancakes was upwards of $10! That didn't count drink/coffee or a side of bacon! Insane.
Oh yeah. I took the wife to Outback Steakhouse a couple weekends ago. We wanted a decent meal and I felt like having a nice Ribeye and a couple of Fosters. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. But! Our bill, including a well earned 20% tip, was a tad over $100. Whoa. I’ll go back again, but not too often.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
That ten bucks may work if you lived in 1969.

Pancakes are expensive now...
Here’s what the inflation calculator said:

CPI Inflation Calculator
$ 10.00

in 1969
has the same buying power as

$71.78

in 2019...........

Lenny’s is really cheap !...

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My family had an epic Ihop experience once. I was there with my mom, my sister and her (now X) husband. The waitress came out with most of our meal a while after we placed our order and looked my mom and said "I am sorry, you do not get your eggs". So we start asking, "What do you mean? The meal is supposed to come with eggs" and she explains that the cook will not cook the eggs. We asked why the cook will not cook the eggs. Eventually she stated that it was because the cook did not know English and they were unable to communicate the point that he forgot the eggs. We asked for a manager. A while later the manager showed up, the lady looked like she just crawled out of bed after a rough night. The manager was annoyed with us! that she had to come in to deal with the situation. Here's the kicker, finally for all of our troubles they offered us a practically worthless coupon. That was only the 2nd and last time I had ever been to an Ihop.

I almost never eat out unless traveling but when I do it will not be an Ihop if avoidable, nor a Denny's for that matter.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My opinion, most of these chain restaurants don’t care anymore about their customer base.
At least with Denny's, it's not just your opinion but rather fact.
Edited to add: considering the way those people acted, the only good response is for them to be fired and have charges pressed for assault. If they didn't want to be in that spot, the employees/manager should have done their jobs so as to not fail a health inspection.

Denny's serves up no response to viral video

ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) It’s the viral video everyone is talking about. Denny’s employees shoving CBS46 out of a Lithonia restaurant last week after being asked about a failing health inspection at the Panola Road location.

It sent shock waves across the country making headlines in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Drudge Report and on several radio stations Monday morning.

“I was completely, completely shocked that everybody acted the same way,” WAOK radio host Rashad Richey said.

The question everyone is asking, what action was taken against the employees caught on camera throwing punches?

CBS46 checked with Denny’s corporate office and they would not elaborate beyond saying the franchisee has taken appropriate action with employees.

So, who is the franchise owner? According to county records and a Denny’s corporate video, it’s Donnell Thompson. A former NFL player for the Indianapolis Colts.

CBS46 made numerous attempts to reach Thompson and give him an opportunity to share his side of the story, but he never returned our calls.

“Denny’s is open to work with anybody,” Thomson said on the Denny’s corporate video.

CBS46 also tried calling the restaurant in Lithonia several times Monday and was told there was no manager there. Plus, each time we called they hung up the phone on us.

The invitation is still on the table for Denny's management to discuss the incident and any changes they've made.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
My family had an epic Ihop experience once. I was there with my mom, my sister and her (now X) husband. The waitress came out with most of our meal a while after we placed our order and looked my mom and said "I am sorry, you do not get your eggs". So we start asking, "What do you mean? The meal is supposed to come with eggs" and she explains that the cook will not cook the eggs. We asked why the cook will not cook the eggs. Eventually she stated that it was because the cook did not know English and they were unable to communicate the point that he forgot the eggs. We asked for a manager. A while later the manager showed up, the lady looked like she just crawled out of bed after a rough night. The manager was annoyed with us! that she had to come in to deal with the situation. Here's the kicker, finally for all of our troubles they offered us a practically worthless coupon. That was only the 2nd and last time I had ever been to an Ihop.

I almost never eat out unless traveling but when I do it will not be an Ihop if avoidable, nor a Denny's for that matter.
A couple months ago,I drove the wife over to NW Pa. from Ohio to see her folks. On the way out of town, I decided I needed an ice mocha coffee to perk me up some, so we stopped at McDonalds. The staff looked pre-occupied, so I went to the electronic kiosk/ordering station and ordered an ice-mocha with extra espresso and paid. Went up to the counter to wait and a girl comes over and said, “I’m sorry, our machine is broken, what can I get you instead of your ice-mocha?” I didn’t want anything else, so I asked for my money back. The manager comes over and for the life of me, he reminded me of the chicken dude from Breaking Bad, like spitting image. You know, Los Pullos Hermanos. He looked pissed and practically tossed my money at me, gave me the wrong change, but I was afraid he’d put out a hit on me if I said anything. I just left. Another nail in the coffin of fast food for me.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
so I went to the electronic kiosk/ordering station
Those things suck. Unless there's more than 4 people in the line, it's quicker to just wait for the human order taker.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Isn't Amazon serving hotcakes and fast food now? They sell everything else and slowly putting all their competition out of business.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Those things suck. Unless there's more than 4 people in the line, it's quicker to just wait for the human order taker.
I kind of like the kiosks. If you order an ice mocha, you can specify extra espresso, or none, of xtra chocolate or none, whole milk, non-fat milk, whipped cream or none, etc. If you try to tell a person, they will not hear everything you said and screw it up, guaranteed! But then, you have to assume the human making your mocha cares enough to do it right, if their machine is actually working. Whatever the case, I’m done with McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, KFC, Domino’s, Denny’s, Subway, Taco Hell, Pizza Hut and more. So many of these places are a disaster. It’s so much easier and even cheaper to cook steak or pork loin, a whole chicken is less than ten bucks. Two ribeyes are about the price of a meal at one of the fast food disasters.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I kind of like the kiosks. If you order an ice mocha, you can specify extra espresso, or none, of xtra chocolate or none, whole milk, non-fat milk, whipped cream or none, etc. If you try to tell a person, they will not hear everything you said and screw it up, guaranteed! But then, you have to assume the human making your mocha cares enough to do it right, if their machine is actually working.
You also need to assure that your wait person understands and speaks English. Good luck with that!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
local maroons at whataburger regularly claim their machine 'isn't working' when you try to order a shake. they just dont feel like running it
Why would anyone eat that shit? I mean really, why would anyone go to any fast food joint to consume what they put in front of you? You place your health at risk when you place your trust in a fast food joint (or most restaurants for that matter)! I only eat out at selected locations for that reason. There are no fast food/burger places on that list! Call me over-cautious if you'd like but there's plenty of youtube videos out there which make my point.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
local maroons at whataburger regularly claim their machine 'isn't working' when you try to order a shake. they just dont feel like running it
More than likely they just don’t feel like cleaning it regularly. They’re a pain to keep clean and too much work. Bad management.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I kind of like the kiosks.
Maybe if you're only ordering one thing, perhaps.
....but if there's multiple items it just takes too damn long to get through all of it. IMHO, their gui is clumsy.

The automation I want isn't to replace the person taking my order, but rather the food prep. I'd much rather they automate that part by removing the human element as much as possible. Then make sure the 2-3 people working the counter are good at their job.
...and have you ever noticed that no matter how busy it is, no place ya go ever uses all their cash registers? They could have 3 registers and ten people waiting, but at most ya might see two of 'em going.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A couple months ago,I drove the wife over to NW Pa. from Ohio to see her folks. On the way out of town, I decided I needed an ice mocha coffee to perk me up some, so we stopped at McDonalds. The staff looked pre-occupied, so I went to the electronic kiosk/ordering station and ordered an ice-mocha with extra espresso and paid. Went up to the counter to wait and a girl comes over and said, “I’m sorry, our machine is broken, what can I get you instead of your ice-mocha?” I didn’t want anything else, so I asked for my money back. The manager comes over and for the life of me, he reminded me of the chicken dude from Breaking Bad, like spitting image. You know, Los Pullos Hermanos. He looked pissed and practically tossed my money at me, gave me the wrong change, but I was afraid he’d put out a hit on me if I said anything. I just left. Another nail in the coffin of fast food for me.

And the same souless dolts who can't even do a good job slopping down fast food want to be paid $15+ per hour for the shitty job that they do....

We do need a reset.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
I make a better, higher quality steak than anything you can get at Outback...and it’s less than half the price,

And Denny’s just plain sucks. Factory eggs, fake syrup, terrible coffee, low quality “food” and minimum wage employee derelict employees handling my meal...I’ll pass.

I like to know where my food comes from and prepare it myself. I’ve worked in a kitchen like that before....i’ll Pass.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I make a better, higher quality steak than anything you can get at Outback...and it’s less than half the price,

And Denny’s just plain sucks. Factory eggs, fake syrup, terrible coffee, low quality “food” and minimum wage employee derelict employees handling my meal...I’ll pass.

I like to know where my food comes from and prepare it myself. I’ve worked in a kitchen like that before....i’ll Pass.
Same here. I can grill up a steak better than most places on my gas (*gasp!*) grill out back...and I have no formal training.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Anybody who eats at that Denny’s after this incident is plain stupid.