• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

LONDON BLACKOUT - Rolling ?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
London Blackout Blamed on Drop in Wind and Natural-Gas Power
(Bloomberg) -- London and surrounding areas suffered a widespread power outage Friday during the evening rush hour after windpower and natural gas generation levels dropped, according to data from network manager National Grid Plc.
“Today what happened is a major offshore wind generation site and a gas turbine failed at the same time,” said Devrim Celal, chief executive officer of Upside Energy in London, which contracts with National Grid to help balance electricity. “There was a significant shortage of generation, and that sudden drop created ripple effects across the country.”
National Grid ascribed the power failure to an “unexpected and unusual event”, the loss of two generators connected to the U.K. transmission system, which then led to a “fall in the frequency of the electricity system,” it said in an e-mailed statement. “The system operated as planned by disconnecting an isolated portion of electricity demand,” it said. "...

More here: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/london-blackout-blamed-drop-wind-180608412.html

From my brother ConantheLibertarian: " The news reports are that this was two generator failures. Unlikely as that is – they could still do the Southern California “rolling blackout” with remaining capacity providing intermittent power.
The concept is simple. If you have half the power to provide multiple areas, you provide power to half of the areas at about 2 hour intervals. Switch back and forth.
This gets electric trains parked – people out of subway tunnels and stuck elevators, etc. in hours instead of overnight.

(I’m not convinced they know the cause in London since they haven’t “rolled” the blackout)

The bad part, as California learned during the Gov Gray Davis years – if you announce when an affected area will be blacked out – people make plans to start looting. After learning this – rolling blackouts were never announced, they just did it.
Electric power is the tenuous strand linking the modern world to civilized conduct.

NYC Blackout in 1977 …".

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I laugh at urban problems. All our problems are caused by cesspools city dwellers so let them figure their own problems out!

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So, I wonder who broke the wind in London?!? The Queen cocked a cheek?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
While we can have fun with this remember the LBMA - London Bullion Market Association .
I'm wonderin' whether this could be a lead up to an "Undocumented Withdraw". IDK