• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Looking At Gold

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
THE MASSIVE 46 STORY TALL STRUCTURE: The Penasquito Mine Tailings Dam

Posted by SRSrocco in Energy, Mining, News, Precious Metals on May 17, 2019 — 21 comments

The colossal Penasquito Mine’s tailings dam will reach a stunning height of a 46 story skyscraper over the next decade. That is, if the mine reopens and is allowed to continue business as usual. Newmont-Goldcorp suspended operations at Mexico’s second largest silver mine on April 29th, due to a blockade stemming from issues with the local community in regards to water supply concerns and problems with a trucking contractor.

Last year, the Penasquito Mine produced 272,000 oz of gold and over 18 million oz of silver. However, it plans on producing over 5 million oz of gold and 400+ million oz of silver over the next decade.

After I published my article, MORE TROUBLE IN MEXICO: Second Largest Silver Mine Suspended Operations, I did some research on Penasquito’s tailings dam, and when I saw a photo of the dam, I was literally shocked by its massive size. I never really gave it much thought about where all the waste ended up after the processing of ore was finished. It’s a typical problem we all deal with today, OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND.

Let me start by saying that the tailings dam is so large; it surpasses the size of the Penasquito open-pit mine itself. For clarification, the tailings dam (or ponds) are used to store the processed waste slurry after the metals have been extracted. Here is a layout of the Penasquito Mining Operation:

(image courtesy of Goldcorp 2018 Tailings & Mine Waste Conference PDF report)

Read the rest here: https://srsroccoreport.com/the-massive-46-story-tall-penasquito-mine-tailings-dam/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Russia & China Consider Gold Back Currencies!
SalivateMetal

Published on May 21, 2019

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The Rarest Piece Of Gold Too Valuable To Price!
SalivateMetal

Published on May 24, 2019