• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Looking for the only banker who was convicted for the subprime scam

ProxyCell

A while back I was watching a news program and it was covering a story about a small bank in America that has, supposedly, the only bank owner to be convicted for the subprime scandal. I'm looking for more information about this bank. The owner was a Chinese-American and I believe he got the conviction overturned on appeal.

Does anyone here have any information regarding the bank (its name) or the people involved? I'm curious about the story lately. Thanks in advance!

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm sure a lot of you won't want to hear this, but IMO the problems were the Wall Street securitization outlets--Goldman et al for example--NOT any typical "banks". Also, the legal liability IMO lies at the feet of the ratings agencies that rubber-stamped those securities as "AAA", thereby allowing it to continue and ultimately defrauding investors. Where is the rating agency outrage? Where is the rating agency accountability? Where is the rating agency prosecutions?