• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Made up my mind ......

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
Ok cool I will buy a armors wrench and tighten it to the next groove. I need to get some anti-sieze anyway to do this right. I guess I could just take it to my local armorer and have them assemble it, but I like to be hands on when I can. The only thing is .....

How the frack do you get that damned gas tube pin through the front sight post lol. I guess I need a punch set?

Sorry, I have been sick, but whatever you do... Do not overtighten it. If it is had tight and aligned then I would wrench it to the next slot. Hand tight is just that, no real torque to it. give it a bit of help to the next slot and you should be golden.

FWIW I have seen barrels shoot loose on the range before on hand tight fits. A little force should get it just right for you. It does not need to be super tight, but it does not need to be tight like head bolts either. If you absolutely CN'T get it to the next alignment slot then you either need to get a vice block and vice or back it back down, depending on how much ass you can put behind it. I am 6'02" and almost 300lbs so I can put some serious ass behind a bolt even with my injuries.

I have even sat on receivers and tightened the nut up that way before. Just be careful not to strip the receiver threading. Treat it like a carbourator rebuild and feel it out.
The fricking receiver is aluminum, and you are tightening a steel nut onto it, against metal-to-metal contact where the barrel meets the receiver. Don't over tighten it. A little bit of rotation raises contact pressure a lot, and hence, pressure on the threads.

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
A punch set is very handy, lol. Make sure you do that part right as your gas system is the heart of the operations. CMMG I think, has a punch that is perfect for this install. And yes, anti-seize is a good idea. FWIW I have none on any of my rifles, but that is just me.

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
ARFCOM used to have some great tutorials on doing these things. I have not been on there in a while, but it would be worth checking out. We even got on live video feed one night with Swingset (I believe was his name) and helped him build an AR upper and lower.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
Damn fine riffles man. And I just found out I can buy a complete .50BMG upper from a company for like 2k. It sits right on top of the AR15 lower too. ......god I want it so bad right now. As soon as the next opprotunity presents itself where I have 2k .... im getting it. I will just have to find a range that is setup for .50 lol.

And just to get your blood pumping about this rifle, here are some of my toys ;)

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
Damn fine riffles man. And I just found out I can buy a complete .50BMG upper from a company for like 2k. It sits right on top of the AR15 lower too. ......god I want it so bad right now. As soon as the next opprotunity presents itself where I have 2k .... im getting it. I will just have to find a range that is setup for .50 lol.
Thanks. I love shooting a 50. I loved shooting the M107. It has its drawbacks, but is still a fine rifle. Never have shot the one you are talking about, but the recoil on the 107 is so nice that you can fire it a lot without it tearing you up. I love the way it flairs your nostrils when you fire it.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
I might be just getting a fully assembled BCM upper. Oh and I picked up a burnshell holographic optic. I guess its exactly the same as a eotech because eotech made them. And my first 30rd magpul.

Last edited:

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
I think for now I will just stick with what I have for now. Will have the local pros assemble it tomorrow.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
Whelp pulled the trigger on a complete bcm upper assembly chrome lined 1x7 twist

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
Hmmm my edit didn't go through. I also picked up a 30rd magpul and a bernshell eotech optic.

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
I have never been an Eotech fan myself, but a lot of folks like them. Not sure about the Bushnell ones. I am also not a huge Magpul supporter for the most part, but their magazines are awesome.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
Meh I figured I need a sight of some kind for now if I want to shoot it so I bought that Bushnell. Appearntly they are made by eotech with the exception of no protective shroud, different batteries, and graphic designs on them. Other than that its all the same internal parts.

I have never been an Eotech fan myself, but a lot of folks like them. Not sure about the Bushnell ones. I am also not a huge Magpul supporter for the most part, but their magazines are awesome.

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
Meh I figured I need a sight of some kind for now if I want to shoot it so I bought that Bushnell. Appearntly they are made by eotech with the exception of no protective shroud, different batteries, and graphic designs on them. Other than that its all the same internal parts.
I am sure it will do fine. You aint gonna be hunting down Al Quaeda with this thing right now anyways right? Bushnell stuff is pretty good anyways. It may not be the top of the line, but it is still better than Tasco, or NC Star or something similar. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker
I might be hunting Al Quaeda paper targets, but thats about it lol.

I am sure it will do fine. You aint gonna be hunting down Al Quaeda with this thing right now anyways right? Bushnell stuff is pretty good anyways. It may not be the top of the line, but it is still better than Tasco, or NC Star or something similar. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
I might be hunting Al Quaeda paper targets, but thats about it lol.
One never knows what the future might bring :cool:

But you are on the right path with your decisions on this rifle. You have made good choices in equipment and you should be fine no matter what comes your way.

ewells

Seeker
Seeker

Attachments

ewells

Seeker
Seeker

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. My computer broke and I have been using only my iPhone. Nice rifle, really nice. Don't worry about the charging handle, I have standard ones on all of my AR's and they work perfectly. Nice, well thought out and simple rifle. Now, get a quality weaponslight and sling on it and it will be perfect. Don't junk it up with a lot of bells and whistles and you will have an AR that will fulfill everything you need.

A lot of people like to add stuff to their rifles they don't really need, like visible lasers, funky grips, battery compartments everywhere, stash tubes for one extra round, and so on. Most of it is not ever needed, and just for cool guy factor. Carry your extra shit on your kit, not your rifle. Get a backup iron sight too, but spend your money mostly on ammo and training, not toys and you will do great. I always fondle my new AR's to death. I carry them in the bathroom with me, all over the house, sleep with them by my bed. Kind of like a high priced whore, you want her close when the urge takes over. Then when I am done she gets thrown in the closet and locked away with the rest of the whores and only comes out to play when I need her. But back on guns.... Great choice on components. I am sure you will get many a year of enjoyment out of it. :beer1:

akahagar

And just to get your blood pumping about this rifle, here are some of my toys ;)
Hello DM1975,
Could you tell please us more about the SBR versions? Particularly the last one. It looks like it is a 9mm or 22. Very intriguing.

Thanks
akaHagar

DM1975

Seeker
Seeker
Hello DM1975,
Could you tell please us more about the SBR versions? Particularly the last one. It looks like it is a 9mm or 22. Very intriguing.

Thanks
akaHagar
PM sent. I suggest that before you take the dive into class 3 that you research some of the wonderful resources on the web that are available to make sure you are in complete compliance with the law. AR15.com has excelent threads on SBRing rifles, as well as reported time lines from the ATF and help filling out all forms.