• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Magic Mushrooms Could 'reset' People With Depression

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
...research has suggested that they might be thought of as a serious medication to combat mental illness.
Shrooms.png
Scientists have discovered that magic mushrooms contain a substance called psilocybin which has the ability to "reset" the brain of people who suffer from severe depression.

Several patients described feeling ‘reset’ after the treatment and often used computer analogies.

For example, one said he felt like his brain had been ‘defragged’ like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt ‘rebooted'.

Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary ‘kick start’ they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a ‘reset’ analogy.

Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy.

Whilst this is an encouraging break through in mental health research, Professor David Nutt who was the senior author of the paper admitted that more knowledge needed to be obtained before to see if the results were consistent.

Magic Shrooms

More research is needed. Any volunteers?

whistle::confused::D:p
BF

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
More research is needed. Any volunteers?
I just got home (I live in a rain forest) from the coast & it has rained hard, here at home. I will be shroom hunting in a day or so.
I have tried "magic mushrooms" only once. On a camping trip I got talked into trying them. I got 50 feet from camp & got lost - no more magic for me !!

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My one pot smoking buddy from high school used to also do shrooms.
At the time he laughed a lot.
He did a permanent reset at age 40 & shot himself.
Guess not everyone gets the defrag variety.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This is good to hear coming out. True psychedelics such as Psilocybin, mescaline, cannabis all act as amplifiers. They do not do anything to you. Let me repeat that. They do not do anything to you. They amplify what is already in you. Ever smoke with a nervous newbie, they just got more nervous, didn't they. Ever wonder why cannabis truly helps so many different kinds of medical problems? How does cannabis help many people with different kinds of medical problems, like pain, inflammation, muscle spasms, seizure disorders, occular disorders, psychiatric disorders, on and on. Cannabis amplifies your bodys normal innate intent to heal itself, and somehow adds muscle to it, so you can heal yourself more effectively. That's how cannabis works. But one has to be careful with the stronger psychedelics, as they can drag things out of you that you thought you successfully buried long ago, and slap you right in the face with it.

The path of healing with psychedelicsis just starting in our society although healing with psychedelics has been going on for many thousands of years. Cannabis is mild enough to use unproctored, but there is a developing healing therapy beginning with the stronger psychedelics, and patients within it will need to be closely monitored and directed.

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
they can drag things out of you that you thought you successfully buried long ago, and slap you right in the face with it.
A-yup BTDT
I got 50 feet from camp & got lost - no more magic for me !!
That's funny tazzar, did you see any snakes? That would have really blown you up. Psychedelics really amplify that buried primeval snake fear.

BF

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Can't be any worse than pharmaceutical anti-depressants.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
That's funny tazzar, did you see any snakes? That would have really blown you up. Psychedelics really amplify that buried primeval snake fear.
No snakes, just great confusion of direction. Camp was in plain sight buy I couldn't get there !!

Can't be any worse than pharmaceutical anti-depressants.
I wouldn't know !! LOL

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
This is good to hear coming out. True psychedelics such as Psilocybin, mescaline, cannabis all act as amplifiers. They do not do anything to you. Let me repeat that. They do not do anything to you. They amplify what is already in you. Ever smoke with a nervous newbie, they just got more nervous, didn't they. Ever wonder why cannabis truly helps so many different kinds of medical problems? How does cannabis help many people with different kinds of medical problems, like pain, inflammation, muscle spasms, seizure disorders, occular disorders, psychiatric disorders, on and on. Cannabis amplifies your bodys normal innate intent to heal itself, and somehow adds muscle to it, so you can heal yourself more effectively. That's how cannabis works. But one has to be careful with the stronger psychedelics, as they can drag things out of you that you thought you successfully buried long ago, and slap you right in the face with it.

The path of healing with psychedelicsis just starting in our society although healing with psychedelics has been going on for many thousands of years. Cannabis is mild enough to use unproctored, but there is a developing healing therapy beginning with the stronger psychedelics, and patients within it will need to be closely monitored and directed.
Cannabis does have a place in some peoples lives.
I indulged in pot for back pain until surgery, about 4 years. It did NOT reduce the pain, BUT it did change my perception of it & allowed me to do my stretches that were otherwise too painful to do.
Also, pot made me very mellow. Mrs. Taezzar liked it when I was "high" on pot.
:finished 2:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Damn, 100 years or so ago a few of us scored some 'shrooms. Me and the 2 guys I was with would eat a whole one, figure nothing was happening and eat another whole one. Huh, these things are weak! Then we went over to the other guys place who got the same 'shrooms and they were cutting them into equal size tiny pieces!
Rut roh!!
Turns out they were pretty damn powerful it just took a while for them to kick in. Whew!

Once was enough, thanks, but what a hell of a ride it was!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I just got back from a "hunt". These will go into my sauce & go over some fresh salmon fillets.
Chanties.jpg

My sauce

put this over fried fish...jpg

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I did shroom's one time a 100 years ago also - it was like a cartoon and I felt 10 feet tall, but it was nothing like the one time I did peyote. I picked 2 large cactus in the desert and waited a couple of months later to try it. The trip lasted 4 days and was very pleasant - after I was sick for several hours after ingesting. I've had no desire to try any of it again, but my wife has been talking about wanting to try mushrooms after reading articles like this one. I may or may not try it again, I might just let her do it and be her guardian. I've also heard you can take niacin to cut a mushroom trip short if you need to.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I may or may not try it again, I might just let her do it and be her guardian. I've also heard you can take niacin to cut a mushroom trip short if you need to.
As I recall, it only lasts a couple of hours.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Whatever you do, do NOT drive while on mushrooms!

... it was 100 years ago and in my youth when the windshield suddenly became a movie screen.

Nice to watch, but 'driving' required extra concentration. Who knew!?

Fortunately, home was just a few minutes away when they kicked in.

Haven't done them since. Wouldn't even know where to get them.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Whatever you do, do NOT drive while on mushrooms!

... it was 100 years ago and in my youth when the windshield suddenly became a movie screen.

Nice to watch, but 'driving' required extra concentration. Who knew!?

Fortunately, home was just a few minutes away when they kicked in.

Haven't done them since. Wouldn't even know where to get them.
Yes i remember getting in my car tried to sit down and thought i fell into a hole in the ground. Tried to back out the car and thought the suspension collapsed. Then the car was below ground level somehow so i couldn't open the door to get out, ended up climbing out the window. Great times made friends with rocks and trees.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The best trip I had on drugs ever was watching one of the X men movies with my brother and our lady friends about a few hours after eating an eighth of an ounce plus some more for good measure...

I can testify that shrooms amplify your mood. I had to keep telling myself that the movie wasn’t real, Professor X is only a character... a movie can make you a little emotional and the shrooms will have you thinking it’s real for a moment.

Definitely do not ever drive on shrooms; your pupils get dilated, it’s like seeing light without a condom on and the colors can amaze you...

Good luck going to sleep on that, all the thoughts that came to my head kept me awake.

I swear to this day, I’ve said this already a few times nearly every time we talk about shrooms; but after that day I never felt sorry for myself. I just remember tripping my balls off about the laws of physics and how complicated dna replication is and that I’m made up of TRILLIONS of cells and the fact that somehow I was incredibly blessed to be born human. I had the fear of god put into me that night.

I think it can cure depression if the person is also exercising, eating right and not doing hard drugs and also making the right choices in life.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
50 years ago when TPTB were actively promoting the use of mind altering drugs, hallucinogens were quite popular. But the trend shifted and TPTB concentrated on promoting and supplying opiates, cocaine and crack, meth and ecstacy. Why did they shift away from hallucinogens like LSD, mescaline and psilocybin? My guess is they found that many people who use them develop the ability to think outside of the box.....and they don't want that.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My guess is they found that many people who use them develop the ability to think outside of the box.....and they don't want that.
Badda bing...

This needs to be emphasized.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
50 years ago when TPTB were actively promoting the use of mind altering drugs, hallucinogens were quite popular. But the trend shifted and TPTB concentrated on promoting and supplying opiates, cocaine and crack, meth and ecstacy. Why did they shift away from hallucinogens like LSD, mescaline and psilocybin? My guess is they found that many people who use them develop the ability to think outside of the box.....and they don't want that.
You can get hooked pretty badly on opiates, meth and coke... not so much for lsd and shrooms.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Addicts have been cured by being guilt tripped while on a huge ego busting trip. The depraved addicted mind finally sees what the addiction is doing to friends and family.

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
the one time I did peyote. I picked 2 large cactus in the desert and waited a couple of months later to try it. The trip lasted 4 days and was very pleasant - after I was sick for several hours after ingesting.
Did you by chance at that time read any of Carlos Castaneda books? Journey to Ixtlan, perhaps?

BF