• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Magic Stairs - Architectural Illusion by Filipino Architect Rafael Nelson Aboganda

lucy_may

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Re: Magic Stairs - Architectural Illusion by Filipino Architect Rafael Nelson Abogand

Whats the secret?

blueice

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Re: Magic Stairs - Architectural Illusion by Filipino Architect Rafael Nelson Abogand

Joe, thanks but in the mornings this is taxing
my feeble mine..

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

I posted without vetting - I guess I should have. There are supposed to be two videos explaining it. can't find them.
After a second cup of coffee, I realized it could only be a hoax - everyone remembers this triangle

the-impossible-triangle.jpg

and the stairs ...

impossible_staircase-svg.png

The said staircase is said to violate the laws of physics and basic logic by looping back into itself.

The clip shows some students, who step on the stairs for the first time, brought to amazement after finding out that it is indeed a never-ending staircase.

But no, the video is just a hoax and there is no Escherian stairwell that exists in RIT nor elsewhere in the world.

Everything is part of a project by film and animation graduate student Michael Lacanilao. "The Stairwell Project" aims to create a modern myth regarding the existence of such "magic staircase" in the school.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

The shot where all the students were holding hands was pretty well done.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

I posted without vetting - I guess I should have. There are supposed to be two videos explaining it. can't find them.
After a second cup of coffee, I realized it could only be a hoax - everyone remembers this triangle

View attachment 70479

and the stairs ...

View attachment 70480
I learned this one as a young mechanical design/draftsman in the early '60's.

3 PRONED BLIVET ASSEMBLY.jpg

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member

Remarkable how the non-professional actors gave a convincing show of being surprised.
They seemed to be real reactions.
I will keep that in mind.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

These guys should work for Isis.