• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Man, ex-gf in court over $338M Powerball

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Lets see here......................Shacking up with gf for 10 years + getting her knocked up + baby daddy winning huge Powerball ticket + lawyers and lawsuits = Baby Mama drama. Yep it's simple math to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/09/couple-powerball-court-case/3486935/

PATERSON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey man who won a $338 million Powerball jackpot, among the largest lottery winnings, is embroiled in a court fight with his former girlfriend over the money.

Pedro Quezada of Passaic was the sole winner of the Powerball drawing last spring, worth about $152 million after taxes.

His lawyer argues that Inez Sanchez has no claim to the money because the couple were never married.
The rest of the story is here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/09/couple-powerball-court-case/3486935/

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
In my state he would get hammered on the common law marriage deal. Sucks to lose half plus support

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Pack your bags honey, you're going on a trip, I just won the Lottery!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Here is an interesting part of the article that I found:

Sanchez's attorney says that a large chunk of the lottery winnings is already gone, claiming $57 million has been sent to Quezada's native Dominican Republic, $5 million was given away, $300,000 was spent on the home in Clifton, and $20 million can't be located, the newspaper reported.
Hmmmmm..........Sounds like he threw away $20 million in a dumpster. I guess someone needs to go dumpster diving to check the dumpsters in the immediate area of the man's residence.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The only thing that would be funnier, is if he had an ex-wife, who decided that she wanted to come back. If it was over then, its still over! :banana:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
He be screwed.................outta some big bucks.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Almost always, someone who has never had money at any level and wins the lottery, it ends badly. So many of them are just so stupid that they haven't the first clue on how to conduct themselves.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Almost always, someone who has never had money at any level and wins the lottery, it ends badly. So many of them are just so stupid that they haven't the first clue on how to conduct themselves.
Same with some people that acquire inheiritance. Its even sadder, when the person who worked all their life for their money, leave it to someone that pi$$e$$ away.

Anakin

Silver Member
Silver Miner
According to that article, they had shared finances, so he will (rightly) have to share.