• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Manic monday beatdown on metals

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why anybody wants more buyers of PMs is a mystery to me. I need less demand to meet my price targets, not more.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Won't happen. They will be traded in for CryptoDollars.
I think the Fed will covet several ethereum nodes by way of BlackRock. Kill two birds with one stone. Get control of the future of what was supposed to be decentralized exchanges. And then have the ability to make all stablecoins on ETH 2.0 worthless and present the massed with their own.

I am not at all liking what I am hearing with this upgrade. The day will come when I exchange my ether for gold. I just have to get ready for a giant capital gains tax bill when I do it.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1651239367233.png

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Its so flagrant the manipulations, when the fk does it end?????????????

Reactions: TLM

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Its so flagrant the manipulations, when the fk does it end?????????????

I am not meaning to sound harsh or like I am picking on you, but you and others seem to focus a lot on the swings in the metals prices. Can I ask why? Even with the dips in the paper price, you still have the same amount of silver. It seems like a waste of time and energy to worry about the spot price every day and to get upset if it's beat down. Again, not picking on you just trying to understand why.

Personally, I don't care if it goes up or down. I add a little to my stash where I can. I have no plans to sell, just to keep stacking. I used to worry about the ups and downs in the prices but found that to be incredibly draining. Once I stopped doing that, stacking became much more fun.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I am not meaning to sound harsh or like I am picking on you, but you and others seem to focus a lot on the swings in the metals prices. Can I ask why? Even with the dips in the paper price, you still have the same amount of silver. It seems like a waste of time and energy to worry about the spot price every day and to get upset if it's beat down. Again, not picking on you just trying to understand why.

Personally, I don't care if it goes up or down. I add a little to my stash where I can. I have no plans to sell, just to keep stacking. I used to worry about the ups and downs in the prices but found that to be incredibly draining. Once I stopped doing that, stacking became much more fun.
same! I'm looking to get a new tractor so I'll be suspending my PM buying, since the same money can only be spent once, and will be riding it out with the stash as it is at the bottom of the lake. The ride over the past 4 or 5 years was fun for sure, now we'll see what it will produce in the long run (for me anyway)

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Paper silver was beaten like a red headed stepson!

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Everyone's situation is different. Some long term stackers may have short to medium range plans that require raising cash and possibly liquidating a portion of their stash. watching silver approach an area where one would feel good about selling only to be savagely beat back again can be frustrating.

The trick is not to need to raise cash too urgently. But sh!t happens.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Sht just gets old watching tptb tank metals to prop the dying dollar, I did take advantage of the deal nick posted on those kilo bars from bold, seriously thinking of putting some on plastic

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Sht just gets old watching tptb tank metals to prop the dying dollar, I did take advantage of the deal nick posted on those kilo bars from bold, seriously thinking of putting some on plastic
When it comes to the dollar and the manipulation of precious metals, everything will remain the same....until one day it doesn't! That day cometh post haste!

The dollar is teetering...

1651379867723.png

Last edited:

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Bought about an oz a a week ago. I am solely responsible for this beatdown.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I got new tires and shocks on the truck. Its a good thing too, cuz im about to back it up!

:band player 4:

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Good timing because the banksters are giving it everything they got...

Time for a trip to the LCS today. :funky:

All this means is I'm going to have more stacks of real things and stonks... and less fake FRN's in their banking system. Now that is a win-win.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I offered a seller $25 for ten grams of silver and they said no thanks, I don't need the money and will stick with the higher asking price for now.

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is just plain weird. Markets down, metals down, dollar flying high. Just seems like backwardation. Also smacks or something ominous coming. Just a gut feeling I guess.

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is just plain weird. Markets down, metals down, dollar flying high. Just seems like backwardation. Also smacks or something ominous coming. Just a gut feeling I guess.
Yes it is, Barrettone.

And last week I purchased some 5 oz. .999 Silver buttons from my friends at Scottsdale Mint in Arizona for 132.99 fiats/each. Today silver is lower and the buttons are running 10 fiats higher. Shipment is due today!!

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Is it time to buy yet?

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Is it time to buy yet?

Every day/week is a buying opportunity if you have the funds. I am not going to sit and wait for the hope that I can get silver at $20/ounce out the door (and no, I am not going to bother with sterling like the one guy keeps pumping). I look at this way...you can hold on to dollars that are becoming more and more worthless as time goes on, or you can exchange that for precious metals that have been desired for thousands of years. It's a pretty clear choice, IMO.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Every day/week is a buying opportunity if you have the funds. I am not going to sit and wait for the hope that I can get silver at $20/ounce out the door (and no, I am not going to bother with sterling like the one guy keeps pumping). I look at this way...you can hold on to dollars that are becoming more and more worthless as time goes on, or you can exchange that for precious metals that have been desired for thousands of years. It's a pretty clear choice, IMO.

you inspired me. I grabbed me another 1 oz Kruggie! I love those things!! :2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is it time to buy yet?
Sure is.

The price remains the same; but the dollar's true value, in terms of what it will buy at the butcher, the baker, the credit-card maker...that keeps falling, in double-digits, now. Looking at price increases, I'd say we're at about over 25 percent YoY.

Note I didn't say "inflation." The currency has been inflated to DOUBLE the amount of fiat in circulation, with MOAR to CUM. What that means, in literal monetary-economic terms, is, the purchasing power of each unit ("dollar") has been cut in half. It will show in the market, eventually, as 100-percent increases in prices - a doubling.

If I could, now, I'd be in there buying like hell.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
Sure is.

The price remains the same; but the dollar's true value, in terms of what it will buy at the butcher, the baker, the credit-card maker...that keeps falling, in double-digits, now. Looking at price increases, I'd say we're at about over 25 percent YoY.

Note I didn't say "inflation." The currency has been inflated to DOUBLE the amount of fiat in circulation, with MOAR to CUM. What that means, in literal monetary-economic terms, is, the purchasing power of each unit ("dollar") has been cut in half. It will show in the market, eventually, as 100-percent increases in prices - a doubling.

If I could, now, I'd be in there buying like hell.
What exactly, would you buy?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I'd buy gold - it's less volatile, in price; and the reason is, fewer owners/sellers, and more commitment (higher cost) from each.

If I could, I'd get some silver - to diversify, of course. Silver is a flyer. Don't expect the Reddit masses to act any more rationally than other Internet masses caught up in Kewel movements. So it could go up, and down, or park.

But gold could become a lightning rod, as it did in 1933.

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice. If I had any real insight, I'd have loaded up on $TSLA stock five years ago. And bitcoin before that. Both are brain-dead scams; and both have exploded in market price.

Now you see my track record.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm partial to only gold and silver as those metals have a long track record of representing the value of money. 2000 years ago the value of gold and silver was never disputed. Nobody on the internet or in the MSM at the time had to tell people back then that gold and silver were money. I'm not sure if platinum or palladium was actually viewed the same back then.

The same holds true today! Of course, that's only my opinion. Others view things differently. It's hard to say who may be right or wrong but the one fact remains. The value of the US dollar is fleeting and temporary. Many people agree; don't get caught holding only FRNs when the music stops

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score
I'd buy gold - it's less volatile, in price; and the reason is, fewer owners/sellers, and more commitment (higher cost) from each.

If I could, I'd get some silver - to diversify, of course. Silver is a flyer. Don't expect the Reddit masses to act any more rationally than other Internet masses caught up in Kewel movements. So it could go up, and down, or park.

But gold could become a lightning rod, as it did in 1933.

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice. If I had any real insight, I'd have loaded up on $TSLA stock five years ago. And bitcoin before that. Both are brain-dead scams; and both have exploded in market price.

Now you see my track record.
Don't beat yourself up.
I wanted to buy 10 shares of BTC in the early 2000's. It was $600 a coin and my wife talked me out of it. Imagine me seeing that I could have had over $600k USD and I'm Canadian . . . so yeah we all have our horror stories.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Yah another wack day
The Banksters are nihilists.

EVERYTHING that represents wealth, must be destroyed, as long as it can. Land ownership, encumbered with crushing taxation. Currency, made into fiat, and debased as an ongoing program. Stonks, and commodities...blown into bubbles in a Financialized market. And gold, manipulated down with fake paper-trading, while the mAsses get indoctrination of how gold is a Worthless Relic.

While digital tokens are pumped and protected - the better to fleece the Sheeple at some point in the future.

Gold will endure - as hard work and skills and useful commodities will endure. Digital tokens, and electricity, and stonks...will not.

Nor will bank accounts, no matter how much "insurance" is put on them.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Dang silver up, was gona grab 2/3 more of those kilo bars on Bold

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Oh what will the am bring????????????