• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Manic monday beatdown on metals

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
One ugly spread on palladium

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Looks like the FED is trying to beat down everything and blame it on Omnicron. Looks like a buying opportunity for those who do not celebrate Christmas.

offourse2

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
Seeker
Reaction score
For those that do also. My grandkids and a couple special nieces have gotten birthday and Christmas euro fractionals from me every year. They are

now in their mid teens and have come to appreciate their piles of kings & queens. All were told to cash them in if and when they wanted, None have.:2 thumbs up:

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Famine coming in three months.
Four months later they are still spending more money on dog-food than cat-food. Perhaps, they are keeping them for future use, in case hunger ever gets here ?

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I got my first fractionals today. 1/10thoz gold eagles. They are so tiny. They Itty bitty little things. I guess you could call them cute. :don't know:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I got my first fractionals today. 1/10thoz gold eagles. They are so tiny. They Itty bitty little things. I guess you could call them cute. :don't know:
Like a thin dime.:2 thumbs up:

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Palladium again taking it on the chin...down another $125 just in the past couple days. The drop from the peak in May 2021 has been a whopping $1288(-42.9%) in just 7 months. Seems a bit excessive, even if one accepts that platinum is being substituted as a catalyst in hybrid vehicles.

1639149046011.png

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Palladium again taking it on the chin...down another $125 just in the past couple days. The drop from the peak in May 2021 has been a whopping $1288(-42.9%) in just 7 months. Seems a bit excessive, even if one accepts that platinum is being substituted as a catalyst in hybrid vehicles.

View attachment 236297
is it time to buy ?

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
is it time to buy ?
If you buy a purely industrial metal in the form of a few coins, which palladium seems to be to me, who will buy it from you when you decide to sell it?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I call 'em MONEY! But prefer their bigger brothers. I got Ag for "cute".

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If you buy a purely industrial metal in the form of a few coins, which palladium seems to be to me, who will buy it from you when you decide to sell it?
I bought palladium at the shows at 300/400 an ounce after the big hit, sold most for over 800 an ounce at coin shows. Had both bars and coinage

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

To a local LCS. or maybe a regional LCS. I sold a 1 oz bar when Pa soared to $2,000. Well I got two 1/2 oz Pt coins and a check. Still I see palladium in trouble for some time. All these supply chains and no cars being built because of chips is going to way on demand.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
don't ever leave this place...

i love it, "Cute"

:green tea:

i might never see 1/10's being called cute ever again...

cute is better to read than: "those things are too fkn small..."

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
is it time to buy ?
Not in my opinion. I use ratios to determine what to buy or swap and palladium is still...to my mind far from a value play.

Palladium : Platinum = 1.91
Gold : Palladium = 1.00
Platinum : Silver = 43.02
Palladium : Silver = 80.71(This was 18.9 as recently as 2012 and under 15 three years prior)

While palladium is allegedly more scarce in the Earth's crust than is platinum(and therefore gold), it's also not used for a whole lot of applications. It's demand is nearly all linked to it's use as a catalyst in gasoline powered vehicles. While palladium is far more attractive at current levels than it was half a year ago, I still fail to see why I choose to invest in it vs silver and/or platinum...which are at far lower historical ratios relative to the other PMs.

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Although Palladium is an industrial metal, it is now in its fourth year of being produced at the US Mint, both as a bullion item, and as a numismatic offering. Because of this the resale market has improved drastically. Spreads are still much greater than gold and silver, but buying and selling the metal has become considerably easier.

rbh110

Reaction score
I sold some Pd in April to JM Bullion, much better price than LCS was going to give and payment received 2 days after product was received. Very easy transaction ( and glad I sold since Pd is down around $1,000 from when I sold). I had a little SPPP too, sold 1/2 of it and bought Sprott silver ETF (which is down from when I bought, but down less than SPPP)

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What are you guys seeing for 90% at your LCS? The one here had a nice amount....dimes alone filled up over half of a 20# cat litter plastic jug. Their asking price was 20x face which equates to about $27.97/ounce. Their premium on generic 1-ounce Ag bars was about the same.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
My fave LCS has zero 90%, and a few .999(generic rounds) going for $27.50ish. Sucky pickins imo...I rather snag some sovereign 1oz coins online for roughly the same pricetag.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
2 lcs have plenty of stock premiums thru the roof just like online and fleabay ampex is 26x on 90 whats up there? seems like 3/4 over is the new norm on 999

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The weird Monday beatings in non-monetary industrial metals continues. This chart is, to my mind, stunning...

1639422733487.png

From an all time high of 5.39 on Monday March 02, 2009 to an all time low(so far) of 0.33 just 11 years later(Monday March 30, 2020). Does anybody really think these wild swings have much of anything to do with the laws of supply and demand? Perhaps they do, ...and they're wildly exacerbated by people(banksters) employing leverage to hypothecate large quantities of paper "metal"? No way do these swings make sense in a world of mature mining and legitimate price discovery mechanisms.

The amount of physical metal that one can stack merely by playing around with these macro trends in ratios is insane.

0.57 to 5.39(9.46x) in 8 years and then right back down to 0.33(16.33x) in the following 11 years. Yeah hindsight is 20/20, ...and that's a twenty-six fold increase in 19 years swapping between palladium and platinum.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
And it continues to all the weekdays, good golly when does it end, inflation now 9.6 plus
Worse, that 9.6% is the YoY PPI(producer price index)...a leading indicator showing input prices for manufacturing. Officially (price)inflation is "only" 6.8%. This means that real yields on 10y debt(1.459%) are actually negative over 5%.

...and it's going to get worse, as per the PPI. Still everything that should be hedging vs inflation continues to drop relative to the almighty buck.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So it continues, dems spend another 2+T , raise the debt level another 2+T and real money takes a beating, I guess tptb are in full control.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
is it time to buy platinum again?

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I nibbled on PPLT this morning. Waiting to go all-in to see if the market / economy crashes. If the market crashes, i suspect it will pull down PM ETFs with it
I suspect the same. There is no reason to think it won't go lower if everything crashes. At least for a while.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The premiums are still outrageous

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Any day is a good day.

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I suspect the same. There is no reason to think it won't go lower if everything crashes. At least for a while.
It's a tricky game. I want into PMs because inflation is getting bad, but it has to be timed just right. Prices look good to me right now, but ... I bet a stock market crash like we had in 2020 will drop these ETFs like a rock. Then if they respond like they did in 2020, the price will whipsaw back up in really short order. The new massive inflation is the wild card. Maybe they don't repeat 2020.

It'd be a different story for me if buying physical instead of ETF. We all know the sellers wouldn't sell when PMs hit bottoms last year or kept premiums high. If i was buying physical i'd be comfortable buying at these prices.

Do your own due diligence folks

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I always thought Gold went up because of a loss in confidence in the govt.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought Gold went up because of a loss in confidence in the govt.
The government has decided to suspend that concept by ignoring paper metal pricing scams used to suppress actual metal prices.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
What the hay going on with metals, up down and all around, ??????????????????????????

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
What the hay going on with metals, up down and all around, ??????????????????????????
ramping up for the Monday morning dump. Every week like clockwork lately!

VTEEZER

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Maybe we break the trend and stay north of $1800 AU now. :2 thumbs up:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The monday beatdown is on

Attachments

• bramden.jpg
    bramden.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 10

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny...for weeks the battle was gold > $1800 and silver > $24. Gold is/was back over $1800 and silver is miles from $24 now. Always and forever it seems it's silver and not gold they beat the shit out of...likely because it's a lot easier(small market), banksters stack gold not silver, and because the two metals are inseparably linked in the minds of PM bugs. Holding one down holds them both down.

How many people here say they'd rather stack silver, but for the high premiums? Knocking the paper price down and holding it there while the physical bullion price barely moves makes the premiums higher as a percentage. Almost as though we're being channeled into stacking gold over silver due to paper metal manipulation.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Four months later they are still spending more money on dog-food than cat-food. Perhaps, they are keeping them for future use, in case hunger ever gets here ?
There is a lot of ruin in a nation - to quote Adam Smith.

This nation, this economy, has endured much more than I'd expect.

If you're looking forward to famine...I don't know what to say to you, except that reality isn't just going to reveal itself, it's going to pound you into goo.

It's coming. Slow or fast, it's coming.