• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mass evacuation after fire triggers explosions at Siberian base

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Flying shrapnel from military base leaves one soldier dead and at least seven injured

Andrew Roth in Moscow
Mon 5 Aug 2019 17.01 BST
Last modified on Tue 6 Aug 2019 11.37 BST

Explosions rock Siberian military ammunition depot – video

Thousands have been evacuated from a Siberian town after an ammunition depot on a military base caught fire, triggering huge explosions that have sent deadly shrapnel flying for miles around.

One soldier was killed and at least seven other people have been injured, including several with shrapnel wounds, according to Russian state media reports.

Video posted to social media showed thick smoke rising over the military base and visible shockwaves rising from the thunderous blasts. Some of the explosions sent flames and white sparks flying high into the air.

Joseph Dempsey@JosephHDempsey

This visible shock wave provides an indication of the power of explosions at #Russia munitions depot near Kamenka, Siberia https://tass.com/emergencies/1071960 …

9:35 AM - Aug 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

570 people are talking about this

An estimated 40,000 tank and artillery shells are kept on the base in Achinsk, a Siberian city that lies near the Trans-Siberian railroad, 2,000 miles east of Moscow. The Russian Defense Ministry said the storage site that exploded held gunpowder charges for artillery shells.

Russian state media estimated that 11,000 people have been evacuated to a distance of 12.5 miles from the base. The mayor of Achinsk, Ilay Akhmetov, has told the 100,000 residents of the city to prepare for evacuation. Video from the town showed local residents scrambling as explosions and an air siren could be heard.

Flames and debris rise from the ammunition depot on fire. Photograph: Dmitry Dub/Reuters

“Explosion after explosion,” one woman filming the blasts said. “One is happening every 10 seconds.”

Sarah Rainsford@sarahrainsford

Crazy pictures from Krasnoyarsk region - where a weapons store is exploding at a military base....

...like this girls basketball team

Soldiers on the base are hiding in bomb shelters as fire fighters use armoured vehicles for protection

10:15 AM - Aug 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

516 people are talking about this

It is not clear what caused the blasts, although lax safety precautions have caused similar accidents in the past. Siberia has also been hit by wildfires this summer, made worse by warming temperatures and a lack of rainfall.

Explosions at ammunition dumps can send unexploded shells flying for miles around, requiring a significant clean-up effort to de-mine residential areas before locals can return to their homes.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
That’s gotta be frightening considering their history (Chernobyl).

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sabotage?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
BREAKING: Locals in the Russian city of Severodvinsk have been told to take iodine tablets and stay indoor after massive explosion at nuclear test site days ago. Radiation levels have reportedly been detected. Residents only told an 'incident' took place.

twitter.com/BreakingNLive

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
demitry light this fuse.....K comrade….

I'm not really understanding the use of a solid nuclear stick on liquid propellant. UNLESS, unless they anticipated using the solid to excite the liquid to such a degree that it was almost ready to dissociate into its fundamental elements. Kind of like using microwaves to turn gasoline into a vapor and then consume it into a suck-squeeze-bang-blow engine. I'd say they totally fed it up if it was supposed to be a break glass in case of emergency outer space motor.

wtf are they doing over there and why haven't we had any of these failures? I'd say we haven't had any of these failures because who in their right mind would ionize a liquid into a plasma to drive a heat expansion apparatus in a closed environment? I mean seriously....

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
BREAKING: Locals in the Russian city of Severodvinsk have been told to take iodine tablets and stay indoor after massive explosion at nuclear test site days ago. Radiation levels have reportedly been detected. Residents only told an 'incident' took place.

twitter.com/BreakingNLive
Did you watch the videos?

I would bet a few rubles that some nukes were detonated.

I am actually quite surprised that those videos have not been scrubbed from the interwebs.

By the bye:

I used to guard nukes.

120 mm artillery shells among the lot.

And backpacks...

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Did you watch the videos?

I would bet a few rubles that some nukes were detonated.

I am actually quite surprised that those videos have not been scrubbed from the interwebs.

By the bye:

I used to guard nukes.

120 mm artillery shells among the lot.

And backpacks...
Two different incidents, my post and goldhedges are not the same boom as the op.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter
yeah, I'm not going with the outerspace motors at all. But I just could not resist.
I Luv ya Mikey!

One of these days, you and I will party in person.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Two different incidents, my post and goldhedges are not the same boom as the op.
"The authorities in Severodvinsk, 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the test site, said on their website on Thursday that automatic radiation detection sensors in the city “recorded a brief rise in radiation levels” around noon that day."

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Flying shrapnel from military base leaves one soldier dead and at least seven injured

Andrew Roth in Moscow
Mon 5 Aug 2019 17.01 BST
Last modified on Tue 6 Aug 2019 11.37 BST

Explosions rock Siberian military ammunition depot – video

Thousands have been evacuated from a Siberian town after an ammunition depot on a military base caught fire, triggering huge explosions that have sent deadly shrapnel flying for miles around.

One soldier was killed and at least seven other people have been injured, including several with shrapnel wounds, according to Russian state media reports.

Video posted to social media showed thick smoke rising over the military base and visible shockwaves rising from the thunderous blasts. Some of the explosions sent flames and white sparks flying high into the air.
This visible shock wave provides an indication of the power of explosions at #Russia munitions depot near Kamenka, Siberia https://tass.com/emergencies/1071960 …
570 people are talking about this

An estimated 40,000 tank and artillery shells are kept on the base in Achinsk, a Siberian city that lies near the Trans-Siberian railroad, 2,000 miles east of Moscow. The Russian Defense Ministry said the storage site that exploded held gunpowder charges for artillery shells.

Russian state media estimated that 11,000 people have been evacuated to a distance of 12.5 miles from the base. The mayor of Achinsk, Ilay Akhmetov, has told the 100,000 residents of the city to prepare for evacuation. Video from the town showed local residents scrambling as explosions and an air siren could be heard.

Flames and debris rise from the ammunition depot on fire. Photograph: Dmitry Dub/Reuters

“Explosion after explosion,” one woman filming the blasts said. “One is happening every 10 seconds.”
Crazy pictures from Krasnoyarsk region - where a weapons store is exploding at a military base....​
...like this girls basketball team​
Soldiers on the base are hiding in bomb shelters as fire fighters use armoured vehicles for protection​
516 people are talking about this

It is not clear what caused the blasts, although lax safety precautions have caused similar accidents in the past. Siberia has also been hit by wildfires this summer, made worse by warming temperatures and a lack of rainfall.

Explosions at ammunition dumps can send unexploded shells flying for miles around, requiring a significant clean-up effort to de-mine residential areas before locals can return to their homes.
Corrected the article:

"An estimated 40,000 tank and artillery shells WERE kept on the base in Achinsk..."

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
"The authorities in Severodvinsk, 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the test site, said on their website on Thursday that automatic radiation detection sensors in the city “recorded a brief rise in radiation levels” around noon that day."
I didn't notice you were the original poster when I made post #11. Anyhow two different explosions 1700 miles apart in russia.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What are the odds of two major explosions 1700 miles apart on the same day?
I don't know about on the same day, but these things seem to happen fairly frequently over there. When I was searching for the vid I posted, I found several from previous ammunition fires. I had to be careful in finding the one I posted to make sure it was of the one posted about in the op.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't know about on the same day, but these things seem to happen fairly frequently over there. When I was searching for the vid I posted, I found several from previous ammunition fires. I had to be careful in finding the one I posted to make sure it was of the one posted about in the op.
There was a big one that happened during the hottest part of the Ukranian "war"...there were surface to air missiles cooking off and flying around, I believe it lasted several days. Incredible footage.

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter
What are the odds of two major explosions 1700 miles apart on the same day?
Same as the odds that both incidents are vodka intoxication related?