• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mayhem

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Just noticed his updated avaitar and sig. Searched for a thread and found none. Looks as if Sir Hemster passed on 9/6/19. Really saddened by this news as G was fine Sir.

Had several private conversations over the years about work, life and other things. He had a great sense of humor, got a kick out of Andial like i did, and he always kept it real.

He wanted pops and i to drive down and work on his place a few years back and i sure wish we could have after what that bunch put them through.

He was going through a rough time health wise at the same time my pal Don was. G always ask for updates via pm and there's not a doubt in my mind that he truly cared about a guy he would never meet.

Always told me he kept Don in his prayers and was heartbroke when i told him that Don had taken a turn for the worse.

Speaks volumes to kind of person he was and kind of folks that you'll find gracing this forum.

Greg is Ace's in my book and will be kindly remembered for the Sir he always was to me.

Rest in peace Hemester old pal and the kindest of regards to his widow. I truly am sorry for your loss.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter

mayhem

Silver Miner Site Supporter

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Last seen Friday at 3:09 AM

mayhem was/is one of the good guys,
stimulating conversation wherein he had the ability to actually think,
been my pleasure knowing him!

I'll be seein' ya mayhem, only a question of when.............

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
When I first joined, mayhem gave me a warm welcome. We disagreed on one thing and at first, I thought he was giving me grief. Maybe he was but what I gained out of it was his wish for me was to open my eyes.

Thanks for passing the bad news along, stondey. I do hope he went in peace.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I liked Mayhem. We chatted a couple of times.

I knew he was on the downhill side, but didn't know how far it progressed.

He seemed to poo poo the seriousness, so I thought he was on the mend.

Sad to hear he passed...

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Greg was most certainly one of the good guys. I mean that sincerely. We had one or two personal conversations, awhile back. I can not tell you the personal stuff he said to me, but I can tell you that he had one heck of an extraordinary life. The kind you would read about in a novel, or see in a movie. Then, one day, I believe God spoke to him, gave him a vision that entirely changed his life, forever. He became a new man. And I mean entirely, a new man. That’s the Greg you knew here on GIM. He was very strongly opinionated, but also very sincere, with opinions based on faith in God and his extraordinary life’s experiences. I know Greg is standing with God, right now and for him, it must be incredible. He knows a peace, joy and love like he’s maybe never felt before. I envy him now, but I’ll be there too, someday. God bless him.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Hope all was well with his soul...RIP....had only one private message with him over the years on 9/1 this year about a post i had made i am very glad i replied with kindness....its good to leave behind good memories with those you have interacted with in life

thx for posting Stoney

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
One stand-up guy.

RIP mayhem.

Golden Regards
Uncle

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Greg was most certainly one of the good guys. I mean that sincerely. We had one or two personal conversations, awhile back. I can not tell you the personal stuff he said to me, but I can tell you that he had one heck of an extraordinary life. The kind you would read about in a novel, or see in a movie. Then, one day, I believe God spoke to him, gave him a vision that entirely changed his life, forever. He became a new man. And I mean entirely, a new man. That’s the Greg you knew here on GIM. He was very strongly opinionated, but also very sincere, with opinions based on faith in God and his extraordinary life’s experiences. I know Greg is standing with God, right now and for him, it must be incredible. He knows a peace, joy and love like he’s maybe never felt before. I envy him now, but I’ll be there too, someday. God bless him.
can you tell us any more - maybe using vague terms?

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Anyone else note that he knew his end here was coming soon, and he wasn't afraid. I remember reading his words to that effect. He was remarkable to me for that alone, that he knew and was almost welcoming it. It was obvious that he had a compelling and remarkable life.

RIP mayhem

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Anyone else note that he knew his end here was coming soon, and he wasn't afraid. I remember reading his words to that effect. He was remarkable to me for that alone, that he knew and was almost welcoming it. It was obvious that he had a compelling and remarkable life.

RIP mayhem
Let’s just say that Greg knew his destination, after he left this planet. He had a glimpse of it once, in a hospital room, quite awhile ago and the thought of ending up in the realm of God and the angels left him with no fear of letting go here, save leaving his wife, who he loved very much. My sympathies to Mrs. Mayhem, for her loss. I believe, though, based on what Greg told me, she will see him again.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I am sorry for your loss Mrs. Mayhem...

May the grace and peace of Jesus Christ rest upon you and yours...

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Sorry to see Mayhem pass, but with God, he is in an infinitely better place.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
RIP my Friend. I'll miss our conversations. See ya' on the other side!!
Condolences to Mrs Mayhem, if you ever need anything, never hesitate to contact any of us here.

Last edited:

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Let’s just say that Greg knew his destination, after he left this planet. He had a glimpse of it once, in a hospital room, quite awhile ago and the thought of ending up in the realm of God and the angels left him with no fear of letting go here, save leaving his wife, who he loved very much. My sympathies to Mrs. Mayhem, for her loss. I believe, though, based on what Greg told me, she will see him again.
Mayhem fought the good fight, without complaint.

Cheered up those around him as we travel between these eternities.

Now go rest on that Mountain, Greg. Hope to see ya at the big meetup.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
He was Top Drawer.

The words of others here explain to everyone how and why he was respected.
When I go, the membership here will have a going away celebration, but I won't be invited! :beer:
I've ruffled too many feathers here but that's ok, I understand why! I can't save them all however; it's my honor to know you all! :gracious:

Last edited:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Last time I was in Florida, I mentioned that I'd been there, Mayhem said if I'd have said something, I could have came by his home for a visit.

By then I was already home.

RIP Greg.

And thanks Stonedy.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
can you tell us any more - maybe using vague terms?
Hi EO. I’m not ignoring your question, just thinking about it and whether I should answer it, or how to answer it. Greg is gone, but still, some of the things he told me I think, were in confidence. I’ll just repeat what I said in an earlier post, that he led an extraordinary life. But, one thing he said, I believe, was in a public post here on GIM. He mentioned that he was in the service and at least part of his job was demolitions and he was quite good at it, which is how he earned the name, Mayhem. He related a story, but I honestly can’t recall the specifics of it, right now, but in it, he related some specific details that made it clear how the name, Mayhem was appropriate.
As for his civilian life, let’s just say it’s the kind of stuff that books are written about and you might see in the movies. I don’t think it’s my place to elaborate.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I liked Mayhem. We chatted a couple of times.
I knew he was on the downhill side, but didn't know how far it progressed.
He seemed to poo poo the seriousness, so I thought he was on the mend.

Sad to hear he passed...
I was in that camp too.
I pray he was in Heaven before the devil even knew he was dead.
Another good man moves his membership to the Heaven Chapter of GIM2.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sung by angelic voices. A new home with the Son:

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
When I go, the membership here will have a going away celebration, but I won't be invited! :beer:
I've ruffled too many feathers here but that's ok, I understand why! I can't save them all however; it's my honor to know you all! :gracious:
You know I will miss your heart of gold surrounded by a thick crust of...well - we will just leave it at crust since we on Mayhems thread...

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
we will just leave it at crust since we on Mayhems thread...
Straw,

was gonna say, throw another log on the fire, but then didn't
as there may be people here who would take that wrong and figure he was in a rough tour of duty shall we say