• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mayhem

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
For Greg...

Not that it'll matter much to me in that day, but this is the song I would wish to have at my passing.
LT, That was beautiful. Thanks for posting that.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I don't know if it is coincidence... But I just bought a case of PBR beer after Mayhem has gone. And the printing on the can is crazy weird, like they lost their original artwork and just threw in some random clip-art. Maybe Mayhem was keeping the PBR trade dress alive, just by being here. I don't know what to make of the new printing. There is a moose head vomiting a staircase, a "guy" with a popcorn head pointing to corn, and a couple alien slug life forms doing... something.

Goodbye for now, Mayhem. Those still here have work to do, but we will see you again.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Straw,

was gonna say, throw another log on the fire, but then didn't
as there may be people here who would take that wrong and figure he was in a rough tour of duty shall we say
:dduck::dduck::dduck:

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
i wish the family of mayhem peace. he already has it. i hope they are thankful that they had him in their life! all my true friends who really loved me are gone! im so happy to have had them as a part of my life! this is a message to us all. life is not forever! our egos have a tough time realizing that this part of our existence will end one day. if one lives 74 years its 27001 days. do your best to enjoy the day, moment! dont put off something youve always wanted to do! be kind to others! smile! we all have some type of suffering. this is part of the life. always be thankful that we have been given life and have lived this long! thanks mayhem for reminding me of this!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Mayhem sent me a private message on Jan. 27, 2018 which I would like to share because it was a very nice message, doesn't contain anything that should remain secret and shows how kind Mayhem was to forum members. Matter of fact, I don't remember Mayhem posting anything ever in an unkind way, something I'm still trying to learn, thanks to Mayhem's examples....

Private message sent to me in 2018 from Mayhem:

I just found this thread tonite. It has been rewarding for me in many way's. But your post http://goldismoney2.com/threads/american-babylon-yeah-thats-you.163679/page-2#post-1307678 really hit straight to where my heart is. After 75 years, the last 30 seeking the truth to the Creator and the redemption of His Son, and traveling through many of the so called 'religious' doctrines available to man today, your expressions of where it is was very heart warming. It is, between Him and each and every one of us, not some doctrine.

No reply needed, I just wanted to say thanks.

greg
Travel well and may your Creator bless you Mayhem. You will be missed. RIP

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
He earned my immediate respect here.

I always assumed Greg picked his moniker 'MAYHEM' was from 'PROJECT MAYHEM' in the 'Fight Club'?

Tyler Durden ~ "Our great war is a SPIRITUAL WAR."

Mayhem was a great example for all of us and he definetly left GIM a better place. Salute:racoon:

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Mayhem sent me a private message on Jan. 27, 2018 which I would like to share because it was a very nice message, doesn't contain anything that should remain secret and shows how kind Mayhem was to forum members. Matter of fact, I don't remember Mayhem posting anything ever in an unkind way, something I'm still trying to learn, thanks to Mayhem's examples....

Private message sent to me in 2018 from Mayhem:

Travel well and may your Creator bless you Mayhem. You will be missed. RIP
Wish I could give this 1000 likes...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I always assumed Greg picked his moniker 'MAYHEM' was from 'PROJECT MAYHEM' in the 'Fight Club'?

Mayhem was a great example for all of us and he definetly left GIM a better place. Salute:racoon:
His avatar used to have this guys face...

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
project mayhem
1)A secret operation carried out by the Fight Club, led by Tyler Durden, to topple the corporate american system. Project Mayhem is an ongoing struggle against the power hungry rich bastards who don't give a fuck about the white coller working class american people.

2) A unique and better way of looking at life
1) blow up credit card buildings, reset the debt to zero

2a) In Tyler we trusted....

Leave it to the corporate bastards to steal our slogans. We never stood had a chance, did we?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Mayhem, I didn’t know you. Never met or talked to you. And yet tonight I felt you. No shit. Deep in my heart.
So I spilled some high-end MacCallan into God’s green earth, ... and drank the rest.
I shall sauté you and let you know that even by your influence, you were greatness.
I envy that you know Fiddlers Green and I have yet to feel it’s sun on my face.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I got on well with Mayhem.

RIP.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
While we never met, apparently he lived near me. He was a good person.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Thanks Scorp. for the thread.
There is no doubt mayhem left his own unique mark and respected by many here.
Thoughts and prayers for mayhem, you and the family with great respect.

Lily

Hi My name is Michelle and I am Greg's "Mayhem" daughter. Greg is still with us. He has not passed away. he is bedridden though. His message of RIP 9/6 was his last sign off. I have spoken to my stepmother and he's very ill and doesn't have long before he goes home to our heavenly father. His wife who is taking care of him and My older Brother and I are in CT while he's in FL.

It's wonderful to read all about him. I wish i knew him better. He left when i was 3 and my brother was 6. We tried to have a relationship with him, but it was very difficult. regardless of the troubles Mike & I had with him, we love him very much.

God provides us with grace and mercy. Kindness and forgiveness. Love knows no boundaries! Jesus showed us that

I will keep everyone posted on his condition.

Keep all 4 of us in your prayers. I pray BOLDLY that my dad will find peace with the Lord.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Hi My name is Michelle and I am Greg's "Mayhem" daughter. Greg is still with us. He has not passed away. he is bedridden though. His message of RIP 9/6 was his last sign off. I have spoken to my stepmother and he's very ill and doesn't have long before he goes home to our heavenly father. His wife who is taking care of him and My older Brother and I are in CT while he's in FL.

It's wonderful to read all about him. I wish i knew him better. He left when i was 3 and my brother was 6. We tried to have a relationship with him, but it was very difficult. regardless of the troubles Mike & I had with him, we love him very much.

God provides us with grace and mercy. Kindness and forgiveness. Love knows no boundaries! Jesus showed us that

I will keep everyone posted on his condition.

Keep all 4 of us in your prayers. I pray BOLDLY that my dad will find peace with the Lord.
Thanks for that, Lily. We all, obviously thought Greg was gone. I’m sorry to read that it’s been tough between you and your brother and your Dad. That, I’m sure, is frustrating and sad. Best of luck to you and best wishes and blessings to all.

Lily

can you tell us any more - maybe using vague terms?
If you can share - I would love to know a bit more about my father.

Son of Gloin said:
Greg was most certainly one of the good guys. I mean that sincerely. We had one or two personal conversations, awhile back. I can not tell you the personal stuff he said to me, but I can tell you that he had one heck of an extraordinary life. The kind you would read about in a novel, or see in a movie. Then, one day, I believe God spoke to him, gave him a vision that entirely changed his life, forever. He became a new man. And I mean entirely, a new man. That’s the Greg you knew here on GIM. He was very strongly opinionated, but also very sincere, with opinions based on faith in God and his extraordinary life’s experiences. I know Greg is standing with God, right now and for him, it must be incredible. He knows a peace, joy and love like he’s maybe never felt before. I envy him now, but I’ll be there too, someday. God bless him.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Son of Gloin said:
Greg was most certainly one of the good guys. I mean that sincerely. We had one or two personal conversations, awhile back. I can not tell you the personal stuff he said to me, but I can tell you that he had one heck of an extraordinary life. The kind you would read about in a novel, or see in a movie. Then, one day, I believe God spoke to him, gave him a vision that entirely changed his life, forever. He became a new man. And I mean entirely, a new man. That’s the Greg you knew here on GIM. He was very strongly opinionated, but also very sincere, with opinions based on faith in God and his extraordinary life’s experiences. I know Greg is standing with God, right now and for him, it must be incredible. He knows a peace, joy and love like he’s maybe never felt before. I envy him now, but I’ll be there too, someday. God bless him.
I’ll think about that, a little bit. Since Greg isn’t gone, I obviously spoke a little too soon on where he is and what he is experiencing. Maybe a personal message would be more appropriate. It would appear in the page head, under the little envelope icon.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Lily, You are welcome to 'hang out' here on the board for as long as you like. This place needs a woman's touch. Not to say there are no women here, there are, but PM's tend to be a male dominated endeavor.

Mayhem has posts here that you can search under his name and they should give you some insight into his character...

We're a salty bunch keen on preserving what little freedoms we have left. Historically PM's are linked with freedom. The topic touches on many areas, as you can see from the various forums here. There's a wealth of information and BS in some instances. Education is the key to 'knowing' and we strive to achieve that end.

Thanks for keeping us informed on his condition and welcome to the board.

Lily

Yippee!! Thank you so much. Goldhedge. I am my father's daughter - Quite opinionated but with a touch of diplomacy. Must be the younger generation of him. LOL. Dad will be 77 Next week on 10/22. I just turned 50 on 10/1.

I have been reading thru his posts for about 3-4 yrs now. We had a blow out several years back and it's been my way to check on him. Kinda sneaky - I know, i'm not proud but i needed to know he was ok.