• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

McDonald's introduces the $15 per hour minimum wage, bilingual employee

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Better than a greasy monkey standing at a cash register not getting the order correct. Plus the machines don't steal or get a lunch break.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
These morons took what used to be part time HS jobs and tried to turn them into living wage careers. Looks like they demanded themselves right out of a job. Of course they probably aren't smart enough to even realize that. Just the man keepin them down.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Also, they make a great "Complaint Department", if you got a problem, take it up with the machine...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It seems like people who work at McDonald's are pissed at you because they ended up there.
F'em. I didn't hold a gun to their to fill out the application.
...but not everyone working at Micky D's is pissed about working there nor are they all morons deserving of nothing more than min wage.

I've actually seen some fairly sharp peeps workin' there. Both times I encountered them, I mentioned something to the manager about them. One has since been promoted to management and I think the other one quit. lol

As for those machines, they do not take cash. If you pay with cash you must still go to the counter to pay. So if you're payin' with cash, it's probably quicker to just go to the counter to begin with.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Do any of you actually eat that shyte? If so, God bless you. Never mind 15 an hour, you couldn't pay me 15 bucks to eat a single thing on their "menu."
I'll admit that I eat there sometimes. Always just a cheeseburger and fries when I do. Don't care for much else on the menu. Certainly not for the prices they charge. For not a whole lot more than what their big sandwich meals cost, I'd prefer a nice bbq plate piled high with brisket sliced from the non-lean side and a big side of green beans, fries and a big bowl of peach cobbler for dessert. Find ya a place that makes all of those things well, and you'll have found a winner. lol

SheepDog68

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I worked at the big M for about 2 months after moving to a new city cold! Manager stole hours from me every paycheck, but my time log always came through in the end.

Yes there where some good folks there and several potheads and undesirables etc! Never saw it for anything other than what it was a stopgap job.

I did have a little fun since most don't necessarily expect a fairly educated, well read (to some extent) individual behind the counter.

SD

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Fast food workers used to be for spending money and experience for most front line workers. I was 17 the last time I did that job. Ancient history. I have two generations of kids. A couple of Gen Xers and a couple of primarily early Millenials. The Millenials had a harder time getting part time unskilled work because our local fast food workers were often retirees who needed to make up cash lost from their pensions and retirement accounts. They did get positions in retail that required more lifting than many of the older people could do.

I for one, am grateful for the opportunity I got to work at Hardee's and A&W for the year I did so. As a result, I then got a job at a Supper Club, a tipped position that brought in way more cash and helped me not to borrow a bunch of money for my education (BS in accounting). That is what these jobs were for.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
About once every three or four years I'll stop into a McDonalds and buy a large order of fries. It's not really food but it will fool your stomach until you get some real food.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Saw these machines in a McD in Poland [much better food BTW].
Exactly zero customers used them while we were in there, only went once.
The counter staff spoke English and was very helpful [pretty too!].

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
It seems like this is what g00gle/@pple/microsh@ft/etc has planned for our future. The only problem is they will end up charging the business owners as much or more than wages by the time they over-promise and under-deliver on their tech. Not to mention the countless pissed off customers that can't find what they want on the darn interface and go away forever.

I predict a Luddite revolt in the next 10 years.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
...but not everyone working at Micky D's is pissed about working there nor are they all morons deserving of nothing more than min wage.....
I've actually seen some fairly sharp peeps workin' there.
I have to agree there are some around here too that have worked their way up from Cashier or Cook to Production Supervisor to Closers and into Management.

The ones I know love their jobs and go out of their way to please the customer, and educate their Line Staff when there are questions.

I think McDonalds fries tasted better a few decades ago when they still cooked fries in beef tallow.

Don't know why but I think a McDonald's hamburger in Canada tastes much much better.Maybe the beef Canadians use is a higher quality? I will actually go out of my way to eat there at least once when I am in Canada

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Also, they make a great "Complaint Department", if you got a problem, take it up with the machine...
Machines very seldom make mistakes.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
BUY more metal piercing AMMO !!!

Before the machines know what we're up to. :fire:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Do any of you actually eat that shyte? If so, God bless you. Never mind 15 an hour, you couldn't pay me 15 bucks to eat a single thing on their "menu."
100% agree. I'll never eat there again. It's already been over 10 years since the last time I ate anything off that menu. Eating plastic will kill you.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I like their chicken nuggets and Double Filet-0-Fish with extra Tartar Sauce.