• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Meanwhile in Chicongo

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
CHICAGO — To mark the second anniversary of her swearing-in, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Tuesday that she would only grant one-on-one interviews to Black and Brown journalists.

“I’m thinking in this one day when we are looking at the two-year anniversary of my inauguration, as a woman of color, as a lesbian, it’s important to me that diversity is put front in center,” Lightfoot said.

https://wgntv.com/news/politics/may...iews-to-only-black-and-brown-journalists/amp/

Golden Regards
Uncle

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
CHICAGO — To mark the second anniversary of her swearing-in, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Tuesday that she would only grant one-on-one interviews to Black and Brown journalists.

“I’m thinking in this one day when we are looking at the two-year anniversary of my inauguration, as a woman of color, as a lesbian, it’s important to me that diversity is put front in center,” Lightfoot said.

https://wgntv.com/news/politics/may...iews-to-only-black-and-brown-journalists/amp/

Golden Regards
Uncle
The great people of Chicago deserve what they vote for, although we now know voting was always a sham and this troglodyte was more probably 'appointed' by the Bolsheviks already in power than actually elected by the people

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Golden Regards
Uncle

Diversity should be put front and center, so only do interviews from people of color. What a fucking moron.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Diversity should be put front and center, so only do interviews from people of color. What a fucking moron.
as a woman of color, as a lesbian
These people are mentally ill! POC and degenerate sexual preference fatigue will eventually translate into torches and pitchforks in the dead of night!!! Google (or use Duckduckgo like I do) 'Night of the Long Knives' for more information

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
These people are mentally ill! POC and degenerate sexual preference fatigue will eventually translate into torches and pitchforks in the dead of night!!! Google 'Night of the Long Knives' for more information
The pendulum swings...

There is NO part of recorded human history, where sexual perversion, especially homosexuality, were tolerated or celebrated in society without a subsequent collapse and then violent, barbarian backlash.

Seems we're all set to add another rhyming chorus to history's warning tale.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The pendulum swings...

There is NO part of recorded human history, where sexual perversion, especially homosexuality, were tolerated or celebrated in society without a subsequent collapse and then violent, barbarian backlash.

It can't happen fast enough for me

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The pendulum swings...

Uh... Sparta?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Uh... Sparta?
And where are they, now?

How long did they last? The Greek city-states rose, became corrupt, especially in the case of Sparta, and fell.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Visitors to Chicago Loop warned to watch out for large groups of robbers in parks​

By FOX 32 Digital Team
Published 1 day ago
Loop
FOX 32 Chicago

CHICAGO - Chicago police said that large groups of robbers swarmed victims at parks in the Loop in the past couple weeks.
The robbers used force to take the victims' belongings in these two incidents:
  • Randolph side of Millennium Park, May 21, 7:20 p.m.
  • Museum campus near South 11th, May 21, 7:20 p.m.
  • Be aware of your surroundings at all times
  • If you're thinking of using your phone in a public place, take a look around
  • Pay special attention to suspicious individuals or vehicles loitering in the area
  • Report suspicious activity immediately
  • If you are confronted by an assailant, remain calm
  • Call 911 immediately if you are a victim or witness to a crime and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any physical/clothing identifiers in addition to any vehicle description and license plate information
  • If approached by a witness to an incident, request they remain on scene when possible or obtain contact information
  • Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
  • https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/v...atch-out-for-large-groups-of-robbers-in-parks

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Call 9-1-1, and discover what "Defund The Police" means, in real terms.

Words fail me.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
No posts since 6/6. Things must be quieting down now.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
No posts since 6/6. Things must be quieting down now.
Too damn hot to riot, & waiting for stores to re-stock, & Thug Ammo Warehouse is having supply issues.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
junteenth celebrations

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are free to be dumbasses.
SNICKER : )

seriously, my cell phone, it had a news story yesterday, Sunday, said 7 people killed 'across the country', paraphrase, and mentioned approx 3 connected to 'parties' on Juneteenth...

didn't call it juneteenth misschief or any such phrase, black shootings were not in the story...

i thought: we aint' through the weekend yet, let's see what blows through the Windy City (poor town to suffer this for nearing what? 80 years? century?, shit, American Criminal Politicians, let's see a Discovery Channel Documentary...i digress

so...yeah

here we are

RIP victims, and the dumbasses, they knew it going in...no sympathy for you

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Downtown Chicago emerges from pandemic -- hobbled by crime wave​

Bob Chiarito
Sat, June 19, 2021, 8:16 PM·4 min read

<<Note the punch line in the article ""The truth is nobody knows exactly what is driving the increase," Ander said." so draw your own conclusions>>

Businesses in downtown Chicago that survived the pandemic-related economic slump and two spasms of looting last summer should be ecstatic with Monday's reopening of America's third-largest city.

Yet, many are batting a new hardship -- a surge in crime that is keeping customers, and their money, away.

"I've never felt more unsafe than I do now," said Steve Burrows, a 48-year-old attorney who has called Chicago home his entire life. "I work downtown so I'm here every day during the day but I won't come down here at night or on the weekend."

If people like Burrows, suburbanites and the millions of tourists who normally visit the lakefront city stay away, Chicago businesses will feel the impact as many are still trying to emerge from the tumult of the last 16 months.

Roseanna Ander, founder and executive director of the University of Chicago Crime Lab, stresses that the uptick concerns gun crimes and other types of violent crime -- also experienced by other cities around the United States.

"The truth is nobody knows exactly what is driving the increase," Ander said.

But it's clear the pandemic added to many existing social problems.

"It exacerbated everything, it magnified everything," she said.

- 'Our city is safe' -

Chicago is experiencing crime in areas that had generally been considered safe, like the Magnificent Mile commercial district and tony Oak Street, where last August rapper FBG Duck was shot dead in broad daylight.

Violent crime is up in the city in every category. Carjackings, about half committed by juveniles, are happening all over Chicago, while expressway shootings are at levels never seen before with 93 so far this year versus 39 at the same time last year, according to police.

In downtown, much of the lawlessness has been blamed on youths who have come to the area on weekends the last two months, causing havoc by tipping over planters, robbing pedestrians and committing assaults -- incidents that business owners say are keeping customers away.

Yet Mayor Lori Lightfoot is optimistic.

On Tuesday, a day Chicago experienced its third mass shooting in three days, she called for more federal help to stem the flow of illegal guns but also struck a positive tone.

"The reality is our city is safe. I stand by that," said Lightfoot.

City Council member Raymond Lopez, a frequent Lightfoot critic, said she's living in "fairyland" and blasted her recent changes that banned most police car chases and limited foot chases of suspects.

"The police need to catch criminals. They need to stop planting flowers and building community gardens and start catching people committing crimes. No longer allowing them to run after criminals -- they already can't drive after them. What's next, no longer being allowed to handcuff them?"

Lopez also said Chicago is getting a bad reputation that is detrimental to its economic recovery, with a quarter of the city's budget based on revenue from tourism and hospitality.

"When the national mood at the mere mention of our name that Chicago is too dangerous to go to, no one will want to come here."

The city's police department has asked the University of Chicago Crime Lab to analyze the violent crime wave.

Crime over the Memorial Day weekend in May, the traditional start of the US summer, was down significantly this year -- as the police department ordered officers to work 12-hour shifts, cancelled days off and stepped up patrols downtown.

But offenses surged again after officers returned to normal shifts, prompting the police department to return this weekend to the stepped-up presence.

It's not clear how long that policy will stay in place, police spokesman Russ Rosenoff said.

- 'Scary' -

For Jackie Jackson, 49, and Janel Jackson, 27, a mother and daughter who own three Kilwins ice cream shops in Chicago, including one on Michigan Avenue that was looted last summer in violence stemming from protests against police abuses, the crime downtown is causing shops to close early in prime summer season.

"People want to go out and have fun at 7 pm but safety comes first," Janel Jackson said. "Having to close up so early because no one is downtown affects us tremendously."

With people wary of going for something like an after-dinner ice cream, it's hitting the bottom line.

"Everyone is concerned, it's definitely an issue we should be focused on because it's all about guests in beds and diners in seats. We want people feeling safe when they come to visit our great city," said Sam Toia, head of the Illinois Restaurant Association.

Although Jackie Jackson believes in Chicago's business potential, crime has her making a five-year plan to get out.

"I don't carry a purse anymore... I don't go into any parking lots. I can't go through a drive-thru because I'm so afraid. I don't wear jewelry. I can't live.

"I can't wait to get me a little lake house and sit on the front porch and sip iced tea someplace and live happily ever after because this is scary."

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Roseanna Ander, founder and executive director of the University of Chicago Crime Lab, stresses that the uptick concerns gun crimes and other types of violent crime -- also experienced by other cities around the United States.
"The truth is nobody knows exactly what is driving the increase," Ander said.
But it's clear the pandemic added to many existing social problems.
"It exacerbated everything, it magnified everything," she said.

Look at it this way. When all the mice see the big hifalutin rats get away with all the cheese secondary to their mass emoting hysteria, scaring the population into throwing money irrationally, why of course they want to get some of that action (revenge or dough) as well.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
"The reality is our city is safe. I stand by that," said Lightfoot.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Although Jackie Jackson believes in Chicago's business potential, crime has her making a five-year plan to get out.
She should rethink this plan and go for the 5 day instead....

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Monday was one of the deadliest days in Chicago this year, following a weekend when more than 50 people were shot​

There have been at least 317 homicides in Chicago this year, up from 302 this time last year.
By Sun-Times Wire Updated Jun 22, 2021, 2:55pm CDT
Onlookers watch as Chicago police work the scene where two people were shot and killed in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, in the Woodlawn neighborhood, Monday, June 21, 2021.
Onlookers watch as Chicago police work the scene where two people were shot and killed in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, in the Woodlawn neighborhood, Monday, June 21, 2021. Tyler LaRiviere/Sun-Times

Chicago recorded one of its deadliest days of the year Monday, following a week of mass shootings and a weekend where at least 52 people were shot across the city.
At least seven people were shot to death on Monday, one shy of the worst day for murders in Chicago so far this year. That was just a week ago when eight people were killed, including four at a mass shooting in Englewood.
Five of the seven fatal shootings occurred in neighborhoods that are seeing more murders this year than last year, according to Sun-Times data: Roseland, Woodlawn, East Garfield and North Lawndale.
One of the homicides was in the Morgan Park neighborhood, which is even with last year. The other was in Fuller Park, which saw no homicides last year.

Investigators Search For Clues In Fire That Killed Six Children

Homicides in Chicago — A list of every victim: Our comprehensive database tracks every homicide in the city with information about victims, locations and more.
The violence followed a weekend that saw seven people killed and 45 others wounded. The victims included a Maryland grad student stabbed to death Saturday afternoon in the Loop, and a couple shot to death during the Puerto Rican Day parade later that night.
Last week, Chicago was hit by two mass shootings: four killed and four wounded in an Englewood home; and five people wounded in a shooting in West Garfield Park.
In all, there have been at least 317 homicides in Chicago this year, up from 302 this time last year. Last year ended with 775 homicides, an increase of more than 50% from 506 murders in 2019.
Other deadly days this year have been Jan. 7 (seven homicides), April 4 (also seven), May 21 (six) and June 11 (five).
Monday’s murders included:
  • A 19-year-old woman who was sitting in a car in the 300 block of West 52nd Place in Fuller Park about 9:40 p.m. when someone stepped out of a gray Infiniti G35 and opened fire, Chicago police said. She was struck twice to the side of her body and once to her lower back. She was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
  • Minutes earlier, a man was killed and a woman critically wounded on the Far South Side. They were sitting in a car in the 11800 block of South Michigan Avenue when someone fired at them about 9:40 p.m., police said. The man, 32, was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was pronounced dead. The 35-year-old woman was taken to the same hospital in critical condition.
  • A man was killed while working on his car in Fernwood on the South Side. He was in front of his home in the 10400 block of South Eggleston Avenue about 8:40 p.m. when someone fired from a silver Chevy Malibu, police said. The 28-year-old was struck multiple times and taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead.
  • A man and a woman were found shot to death in Woodlawn on the South Side. Dominique Johnson, 20, and Shanal Guy, 18, were shot in the head around 5:40 p.m. in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, authorities said. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. A weapon was recovered. The Cook County medical examiner’s office said Johnson killed Guy and then turned the gun on himself.
  • A man was killed in East Garfield Park. The 23-year-old was in a car in the 3400 block of West Walnut Street when a car pulled up and someone inside opened fire, police said. The man was struck in the neck and back. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
  • A 67-year-old man was shot and killed in a road-rage shooting Monday morning in Lawndale on the West Side. The shooter thought Patrick Earl had cut him off in the 1600 block of South Kostner Avenue at 9:45 a.m., police said. He argued with Earl, took out a gun and fired two shots, striking Earl once in his chest. Earl, who was the only person in the car, crashed and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
At least 11 other people were wounded, including a 4-year-old boy shot possibly by accident in a Woodlawn home and two people wounded on the Eisenhower Expressway near West Garfield Park.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Monday was one of the deadliest days in Chicago this year, following a weekend when more than 50 people were shot​

There have been at least 317 homicides in Chicago this year, up from 302 this time last year.
By Sun-Times Wire Updated Jun 22, 2021, 2:55pm CDT
Onlookers watch as Chicago police work the scene where two people were shot and killed in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, in the Woodlawn neighborhood, Monday, June 21, 2021.
Onlookers watch as Chicago police work the scene where two people were shot and killed in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, in the Woodlawn neighborhood, Monday, June 21, 2021. Tyler LaRiviere/Sun-Times

Chicago recorded one of its deadliest days of the year Monday, following a week of mass shootings and a weekend where at least 52 people were shot across the city.
At least seven people were shot to death on Monday, one shy of the worst day for murders in Chicago so far this year. That was just a week ago when eight people were killed, including four at a mass shooting in Englewood.
Five of the seven fatal shootings occurred in neighborhoods that are seeing more murders this year than last year, according to Sun-Times data: Roseland, Woodlawn, East Garfield and North Lawndale.
One of the homicides was in the Morgan Park neighborhood, which is even with last year. The other was in Fuller Park, which saw no homicides last year.

Investigators Search For Clues In Fire That Killed Six Children

Homicides in Chicago — A list of every victim: Our comprehensive database tracks every homicide in the city with information about victims, locations and more.
The violence followed a weekend that saw seven people killed and 45 others wounded. The victims included a Maryland grad student stabbed to death Saturday afternoon in the Loop, and a couple shot to death during the Puerto Rican Day parade later that night.
Last week, Chicago was hit by two mass shootings: four killed and four wounded in an Englewood home; and five people wounded in a shooting in West Garfield Park.
In all, there have been at least 317 homicides in Chicago this year, up from 302 this time last year. Last year ended with 775 homicides, an increase of more than 50% from 506 murders in 2019.
Other deadly days this year have been Jan. 7 (seven homicides), April 4 (also seven), May 21 (six) and June 11 (five).
Monday’s murders included:
  • A 19-year-old woman who was sitting in a car in the 300 block of West 52nd Place in Fuller Park about 9:40 p.m. when someone stepped out of a gray Infiniti G35 and opened fire, Chicago police said. She was struck twice to the side of her body and once to her lower back. She was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
  • Minutes earlier, a man was killed and a woman critically wounded on the Far South Side. They were sitting in a car in the 11800 block of South Michigan Avenue when someone fired at them about 9:40 p.m., police said. The man, 32, was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was pronounced dead. The 35-year-old woman was taken to the same hospital in critical condition.
  • A man was killed while working on his car in Fernwood on the South Side. He was in front of his home in the 10400 block of South Eggleston Avenue about 8:40 p.m. when someone fired from a silver Chevy Malibu, police said. The 28-year-old was struck multiple times and taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead.
  • A man and a woman were found shot to death in Woodlawn on the South Side. Dominique Johnson, 20, and Shanal Guy, 18, were shot in the head around 5:40 p.m. in the 6300 block of South Kimbark Avenue, authorities said. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. A weapon was recovered. The Cook County medical examiner’s office said Johnson killed Guy and then turned the gun on himself.
  • A man was killed in East Garfield Park. The 23-year-old was in a car in the 3400 block of West Walnut Street when a car pulled up and someone inside opened fire, police said. The man was struck in the neck and back. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
  • A 67-year-old man was shot and killed in a road-rage shooting Monday morning in Lawndale on the West Side. The shooter thought Patrick Earl had cut him off in the 1600 block of South Kostner Avenue at 9:45 a.m., police said. He argued with Earl, took out a gun and fired two shots, striking Earl once in his chest. Earl, who was the only person in the car, crashed and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
At least 11 other people were wounded, including a 4-year-old boy shot possibly by accident in a Woodlawn home and two people wounded on the Eisenhower Expressway near West Garfield Park.

:2 thumbs up: