• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Meanwhile in Chicongo

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

CBS Chicago Special Report: Why I Carjack; Teens Tell All​

The city is on pace to top last year’s numbers. You’ve heard from victims of those crimes. You’ve heard from police and community leaders trying to prevent those crimes.

But, for the first time you’re hearing from some of the youngest carjackers committing those crimes. They talk about why they do it, how they do it and what it will take to get them to stop.

Three teens sat down with CBS 2’s Irika Sargent for a candid conversation.

We’re giving them a voice, not to glamorize to take advantage of them, but to understand why they do it. Could what they say help you stay safe?

‘David’ is 14 years old.

“If they fight back, I drag them out of the car and get in,” he said.

‘Nicole’ is 16 with a long list of carjackings on her record.

“I’d say like six. I don’t know. I don’t count. (laughs)”

The Crimes

There could be hundreds of teens in Chicago looking for their next victims. We know from Chicago Police data CBS 2 received through a public records request that police arrested 50 kids between the ages of 12 and 17 for carjacking. That was in the first four months of this year.

‘David’ had not been arrested when we talked with him over the summer. He told us he didn’t have any regrets after committing his first carjacking.

Anyone anywhere can be carjacked. It’s happening in dark alleys, busy parking lots, even steps away from your front door.

Victims described their carjackers: “I could just feel her hands around my neck.” And “…leaned over into the car and put the gun to my head.” And “…put a gun to my chest and said, ‘If you move, I’ll kill you’.”

We’ve been tracking a surge in carjackings for two years with many victims shocked at the age of their attackers.

The wife of a man shot dead when teens couldn’t figure out how to drive his car said through tears, “I want my husband back. It’s the worst day of my life.”

The daughter of an Army veteran beaten to death by teens said, “It makes no sense to me.”

Chicago Police have expanded its carjacking task force twice already this year. However, without much success. Through the end of September, CPD has made arrests in just 73 of 1,203 carjackings. That’s an under 6% arrest rate.

The arrest data reveals 54% of those arrested for carjackings (January through April) were 17 years old or younger.

Until now, you haven’t heard from young carjackers on what motivates them to commit these crimes, how they choose their targets and if anything will make them stop.

CBS 2 set up a room to speak with the three teens. CBS 2 set it up in a way that we wouldn’t see them, and they wouldn’t see each other. Nothing else was off the table.

‘David’ is 14 Years Old

Sargent:
“What drew you to it?”

‘David’: “The game. GTA.”

GTA is the longstanding, popular video game, Grand Theft Auto.

‘David’: “If you don’t got a car on there, you can just take the car from people. It looked fun. I wanted to do it.”

Sargent: “Take me back that first time.”

‘David’: “Me and my friends, three of us, we was walking and I told ‘em ‘Let’s take a car.’ We saw a man and we just ran and stuck him up and got in the car and drove off.”

Sargent: “Did he seem scared, shocked to see someone so young doing it?”

‘David’: “Yeah.”

Sargent: “Would you say that it was easy?”

‘David’: “Yes.”

He says getting the gun was also simple.

‘David’: “People on Facebook and stuff. They sell guns.”

Sargent: “So you were able to buy a weapon off Facebook?”

Sargent: “And do you find a lot of kids your age do that?”

‘Nicole’ is 16 Years Old

‘Nicole’ carjacks for different reasons.

‘Nicole’: “I had some place to go and I didn’t have a way there. Sometimes I even sell a car, like get a car just to get money.”

She says being a girl works in her favor.

‘Nicole’: “They wouldn’t probably expect a younger aged female to be out here carjacking.”

Sargent: “What kind of weapons do you use when you commit a carjacking?”

‘Nicole’: “A knife.”
Nicole has been arrested before. But, after a short stay in juvenile detention, she was back out and back to carjacking.

Sargent: “Is this something that you still are doing?”

‘Nicole’: “Yes.”

READ MORE:Dax The Dog Fetches A Couple Of Suspected Car Thieves In Lake Bluff
The Community

“In my mind there is no child that is irredeemable,” says Tyrone Muhammad.

He spent 21 years in prison for murder. And, before that as a teenager he says “I did the drive-by. I did the carjacking,” Muhammad said.

Now he runs a mentoring group called Ex-Cons for Community & Social Change (ECCSC). The goal? To stop teens from landing behind bars, using his own life as a cautionary tale. Does mentoring work?

“If you don’t replace their activity with something constructive., where they can see themselves making a living, then you’ll never fix this problem,” Muhammad said.

And there’s a lot of work to be done.

CBS2 has been tracking carjackings in Chicago. With 1,203 carjackings so far in 2021, this year is on track to top last year’s number of 1,414.

These two years together have already netted more carjackings than the pervious three years combined. 2,617 compared to 2,307. Nearly every neighborhood has been hit.

The five hardest hit communities so far this year:

• Austin, 93
  • Garfield Park, 75
  • North Lawndale, 75
  • Humboldt Park, 47
  • South Shore, 44
‘Nicole’ often targets the Loop where there have been 11 carjackings this year. That’s two more than last year.

Sargent: “What about that area makes it a prime spot?”

‘Nicole’ says it’s all about how people act, “They will think that it’s like more safer for them…like they don’t have to worry about nobody running up on them.”

Sargent: “Have you ever hurt someone?”

‘Nicole’: ”No. No. It hasn’t got that far.”

Though, she admits it can quickly escalate.

Sargent: “People are losing their lives because of this. People are paralyzed because of this. Do you think of the victims?”

‘Nicole’: “I want to say yeah. But like in that moment you might not be thinking.”

Remote Learning Impact

With the increased carjackings over the past two years, could remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic be partially to blame?

‘Nicole’ says, “I would sometimes go to school and sometimes I won’t. If I’m feeling it or not.”

She adds, “If I was like doing the in-person school, then it would be less of me like thinking to go carjack somebody.”

‘David’ says he also didn’t take remote learning “…that serious.” He says he was “bored.” And, had more time on his hands to commit a carjacking.

And, recently released first day attendance numbers from Chicago Public Schools back up what ‘Nicole’ and ‘David’ said.

For the 2020-2021 school year, first day attendance was 84%. Last year, CPS started the school year remote learning. First day attendance numbers dropped 10% drop from previous years.

‘Chris’, 19 Years Old

‘Chris’, now 19, committed his first carjacking at 15. His sights set on areas like the north side and “Neighborhoods that have low crime rate but like wealthy people,” he said.

He also tracks the police, looking for gaps in service, “Which area is the slowest on police cars coming around.”

Chris said he has carjacked drivers just to ride around the city. But there’s another deadly reason. What he calls hot cars are often used in drive-by shootings.

Sargent: “Has there been a time when you used a hot car for retaliation with an enemy or gang-related?”

‘Chris’: “That’s touchy topic. I have been in a situation where a hot car was involved.”

Chris said he recently stopped carjacking. His mother discovered what he was doing and kicked him out. He also became a father.

“She told me get yourself together and you’ll be able to be here for your son. That’s what really changed me,” he said.

The Past and The Future

‘Nicole’ and ‘David’ said their families were unfortunate examples.

“Seeing my brothers go in and out of jail for this type of stuff,” said ‘Nicole’.

“I got family members that are also doing the same thing,” said ‘David’. He says that played a role in him carjacking.

Muhammad tries to change teens’ paths by getting them jobs at construction sites, partnering with local businesses, pastors and legislators. But is that enough to make kids like ‘David’ and ‘Nicole’ successful?

“Absolutely not. Not without right mentors being positioned. ‘Cuz the moment those young people are interrupted by feelings, anger, frustration with life they’ll go back to what they know,” said Muhammad.

While David’ and ‘Nicole’ haven’t reached a point where they want to stop carjacking, they still talk of big dreams.

‘Nicole’ wants to be a doctor. “Working in UIC Hospital or something. Taking care of people or saving lives,” she said. What does she say to people who are skeptical? How would she show them she wants to change? “Graduate high school and go to college,” she said.

‘David’ wants to own his own car dealership and feels he can accomplish that.

Reverend Robin Hood knows stories of kids like these well. He mentors teen carjackers and often partners with Muhammad.

“They’re not mature enough to see the whole picture, like we would love for them to do. They don’t see they can kill somebody. They don’t see, they can go to jail the rest of their life,” said Rev. Hood.

But, at this point, many don’t agree with that. They want them locked up and they won’t have sympathy for even the youngest children when they come with such a serious threat.

‘David’: “See, I won’t shoot them. If they fight back, I like, drag them out of the car and get in extra fast.”

Sargent: It’s just having that thrill again that’s what would make you do it again?

‘David’: “Yeah.”

This is not the end of the conversation. It’s a multi-layered issue with a lot of opinions. CBS 2 is committed in the coming weeks to exploring the complexities of this surge in carjackings and specifically those carjackings committed by teenagers like ‘David’, ‘Nicole’ and ‘Chris’.
Criminals are TV heroes now! How brave watching these young urban African Americans fight racism while struggling to work their way out of poverty !!! The city dwellers deserve what they get because they tolerate it!

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Judged by the content of their character.................

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Coming soon to all USA big cities.

Chicago installing 'Bleeding Control Kits' around city amid gun violence​

Chicago has begun installing “Bleeding Control Kits” across the city under the new Safe Chicago program amid an increase in gun violence.

The city will install 426 Bleeding Control Kits in 269 Chicago buildings, including City Hall and Chicago Public Library locations. Each kit can treat up to eight victims.

Every kit comes equipped with a tourniquet, gauze, shears, gloves, and an instruction manual on how to best use it in instances of “life threatening bleeding emergencies” that can result from falls, penetrating injuries (such as stabbings), gunshot wounds, and more.

However, it has received renewed attention addressing gun violence following the release Monday’s updated crime stats from the Chicago Police Department.

As of Monday, Chicago has reported 2,688 shootings, an 11 percent increase from this time last year, as well as 602 homicides, marking a 4 percent increase. The data does not specify the homicide causes of death.

"We're living in different times," OEMC Executive Director Rich Guidice told NBC Chicago. “And we're doing our best to adapt to the environment that we're living in.”

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and an instruction manual on how to best use it in instances of “life threatening bleeding emergencies”
this is gonna work well...

is there an Ebonics version?

:summer:

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Coming soon to all USA big cities.

Chicago installing 'Bleeding Control Kits' around city amid gun violence​

Chicago has begun installing “Bleeding Control Kits” across the city under the new Safe Chicago program amid an increase in gun violence.

The city will install 426 Bleeding Control Kits in 269 Chicago buildings, including City Hall and Chicago Public Library locations. Each kit can treat up to eight victims.

Every kit comes equipped with a tourniquet, gauze, shears, gloves, and an instruction manual on how to best use it in instances of “life threatening bleeding emergencies” that can result from falls, penetrating injuries (such as stabbings), gunshot wounds, and more.

However, it has received renewed attention addressing gun violence following the release Monday’s updated crime stats from the Chicago Police Department.

As of Monday, Chicago has reported 2,688 shootings, an 11 percent increase from this time last year, as well as 602 homicides, marking a 4 percent increase. The data does not specify the homicide causes of death.

"We're living in different times," OEMC Executive Director Rich Guidice told NBC Chicago. “And we're doing our best to adapt to the environment that we're living in.”

New city motto..."be nice, shoot someone near a bleeding control kit"...because they care.

Who needs police when the city provides bleed out kits? Pretty soon hospitals and medical folk will be replaced too when beds and monitors will be strategically placed in hot zones, not to be used by the homeless, unless they're shot.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
milwaukee gets no respekk

expert reveals the huge pile of dead blacks are not because of (blm) hate agenda, but because of muh racizm

This trend is especially true in Milwaukee, where homicides jumped by 93% from 2019 to 2020.

Lee found that the majority of the violence has taken place on Milwaukee's north side — in predominately Black neighborhoods.

"And I mean, these neighborhoods have seen a deep-rooted racism that has led to neglect and poverty on the north side," Lee says. "And these are the reasons behind why the city is facing a surge in only certain parts of the city."

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Fun times this weekend

FOP President Predicts 50% Of CPD Officers Will Stay Home If Mayor Lightfoot Doesn’t Back Down From Vaccine Mandate​

CHICAGO (CBS) — The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is standing firm in a stare-down with Mayor Lori Lightfoot, over the vaccine mandate for city workers, which goes into effect on Friday.

CBS 2’s Jermont Terry reports officers gathered at the FOP lodge Wednesday night to determine their next steps as a Friday deadline approaches for all city workers to notify the city of their vaccination status.

FOP members want the deadline pushed back until Jan. 1, while the two sides continue negotiations on the city’s vaccination policy, but Lightfoot refuses to budge, despite a warning from the police union’s president that half of the officers in CPD are willing to defy the city’s deadline, and go on “no pay” status.

So many officers showed up for Wednesday’s emergency FOP meeting that they couldn’t all fit inside the lodge, and some had to gather on an overflow patio outside.

FOP members are looking for guidance on how they should move forward if they refuse to get vaccinated.

The Lightfoot administration is giving all city workers until Friday to notify City Hall of their vaccination status, or else go on “non-disciplinary no-pay” status. Any city worker who is not fully vaccinated by Friday has the option of getting tested for COVID-19 twice a week, at their own expense and on their own time, but that option runs out at the end of the year.

The mayor’s office has said all city workers must be fully vaccinated by Dec. 31.

“Hell no is the best I can put it, and it was across the board,” Chicago FOP President John Catanzara said of the response from the police union.

Catanzara has told officers to refuse to report their vaccination status, but to show up to work on Friday, and let their superiors make the decision to send them home.

“We are going to have our members report to work, and let the Department tell them ‘go home,’” Catanzara said.

He said, based on a “rough estimate,” half of the city’s officers are prepared to stay home on “no pay” status.

“The belief is we’re going to have a very, very large percentage of officers that are going to be willing to go into a no-pay status, because they’re not going to enter their information into the portal,” Catanzara told CBS 2’s Tara Molina before Wednesday’s union meeting.

“The ball is really in the city’s court at this point to come to the bargaining table and push the deadline back, or deal with a city that is going to have, I guarantee you, at least half the department staying home come Saturday morning,” Catanzara said after the meeting.

With city not budging on its deadline, and the union standing its ground, what’s the next move? The FOP wants all members to file for an exemption from the vaccine requirement.

However, they would then be required to pay out-of-pocket to get tested for COVID twice a week.

Yet CBS 2 legal analyst Irv Miller is quick to point out it’s highly unlikely the courts will step in before the Friday deadline, adding it comes down to what each officer chooses to do.

“I think eventually the courts have to get involved. You have a dispute between two parties; frankly, a legitimate dispute between two parties. That’s what courts are there for, to resolve those issues,” Miller said.

The union also filed unfair labor practice paperwork with the Illinois Labor Relations Board on Wednesday, also filing a demand for expedited arbitration with the city. Catanzara said they have a class-action grievance prepared, too.

But Chicago Police aren’t the only city workers facing the Friday deadline.

What makes Chicago Police different than all city employees facing this same mandate?

“I guess, for one, we work a profession that nobody wants at this point. They can’t get anyone to take this job. The other unions in this city have seemed to literally just lay down and decided, ‘Let them [the FOP] take the lead. If they win, we all win. Let them have the fight,’” Catanzara said.

Asked about the FOP’s prediction that CPD could see a 50% reduction in manpower over the vaccine mandate, Mayor Lori Lightfoot stood her ground, emphasizing the importance of vaccination for officers.

“Really, what we are focusing on is to maximize the opportunity to create a very safe workplace. Police officers, firefighters, others on the front line every day who interact with the public, it makes sense for them to get vaccinated,” Lightfoot said.

The mayor also noted the city already has lost several police officers who have died of COVID, and she doesn’t want to see any more die because they refuse to get vaccinated.

As for the possibility thousands won’t show up for work when the mandate starts, she said the city is prepared.

“We’ll see what happens. John Catanzara says a lot of things – a lot of it offensive, and racist, and foolish – but we will see what happens,” she said. “We’ll be prepared for any eventuality, but our message is to the members: protect yourself, protect your family, protect your partner, protect members of the public, get yourself vaccinated. We do not want to lose any more officers from COVID-19 deaths, when a life-saving vaccine is readily available.”

If half of the city’s police force does go on “no pay” status over the vaccine mandate, there are rumbles vaccinated officers will have their days canceled, and be required to work 12 days straight to fill the void.

Police officers already are required to get other vaccinations to work, but Catanzara said the COVID vaccine mandate is different, because those other requirements came with applying for and getting a job, and this is a change to their conditions of employment.

“They’re changing conditions of employment. We don’t feel that’s legitimate,” Catanzara said. “Lift the mandate, lift the deadline, and go back to protecting the city.”

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They - the cops - gambled. They took a horrible job, and stayed with it as it got more horrible, in hopes of getting the Brass Ring, the Golden Pension.

Looks like they have to poison themselves to get it, now. That, over-and-above Chicongo's probable fiscal implosion - Elites at the top of government will have THEIRS; the cops, who cause crime, not so much.

They kept on gambling; and now they have to destroy their very BODIES to remain in the running. Now, think about that. Given what we see, the odds are a VERY HIGH NUMBER will be quickly permanently disabled. And retiring.

And that implodes the pension plan. It becomes SSI for Awl.

No...IMHO, the only sane thing is to walk/refuse, and file lawsuits. If the nation survives, they'll win. If it doesn't survive, they'll at least be un-poisoned.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Lizard Thing Mayor... If she wants to confiscate Americans' guns, why not take them from criminals?
'
You know, like a test run.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The Lizard Thing Mayor... If she wants to confiscate Americans' guns, why not take them from criminals?
'
You know, like a test run.
Shee-itt.

She/it...ADMIRES criminals. Dey her HEE-rowes.

It be DA PO-PO be cauzin all dis crime schitt.

Chicago is lost. Sub-idiots elected that thing, and slash-and-burn rentier cronies who make money off government, stand for it.

Thinking - mistakenly - they can go home to their suburbs and everything will be swell indefinitely.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Fun times this weekend

FOP President Predicts 50% Of CPD Officers Will Stay Home If Mayor Lightfoot Doesn’t Back Down From Vaccine Mandate​

CHICAGO (CBS) — The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is standing firm in a stare-down with Mayor Lori Lightfoot, over the vaccine mandate for city workers, which goes into effect on Friday.

CBS 2’s Jermont Terry reports officers gathered at the FOP lodge Wednesday night to determine their next steps as a Friday deadline approaches for all city workers to notify the city of their vaccination status.

FOP members want the deadline pushed back until Jan. 1, while the two sides continue negotiations on the city’s vaccination policy, but Lightfoot refuses to budge, despite a warning from the police union’s president that half of the officers in CPD are willing to defy the city’s deadline, and go on “no pay” status.

So many officers showed up for Wednesday’s emergency FOP meeting that they couldn’t all fit inside the lodge, and some had to gather on an overflow patio outside.

FOP members are looking for guidance on how they should move forward if they refuse to get vaccinated.

The Lightfoot administration is giving all city workers until Friday to notify City Hall of their vaccination status, or else go on “non-disciplinary no-pay” status. Any city worker who is not fully vaccinated by Friday has the option of getting tested for COVID-19 twice a week, at their own expense and on their own time, but that option runs out at the end of the year.

The mayor’s office has said all city workers must be fully vaccinated by Dec. 31.

“Hell no is the best I can put it, and it was across the board,” Chicago FOP President John Catanzara said of the response from the police union.

Catanzara has told officers to refuse to report their vaccination status, but to show up to work on Friday, and let their superiors make the decision to send them home.

“We are going to have our members report to work, and let the Department tell them ‘go home,’” Catanzara said.

He said, based on a “rough estimate,” half of the city’s officers are prepared to stay home on “no pay” status.

“The belief is we’re going to have a very, very large percentage of officers that are going to be willing to go into a no-pay status, because they’re not going to enter their information into the portal,” Catanzara told CBS 2’s Tara Molina before Wednesday’s union meeting.

“The ball is really in the city’s court at this point to come to the bargaining table and push the deadline back, or deal with a city that is going to have, I guarantee you, at least half the department staying home come Saturday morning,” Catanzara said after the meeting.

With city not budging on its deadline, and the union standing its ground, what’s the next move? The FOP wants all members to file for an exemption from the vaccine requirement.

However, they would then be required to pay out-of-pocket to get tested for COVID twice a week.

Yet CBS 2 legal analyst Irv Miller is quick to point out it’s highly unlikely the courts will step in before the Friday deadline, adding it comes down to what each officer chooses to do.

“I think eventually the courts have to get involved. You have a dispute between two parties; frankly, a legitimate dispute between two parties. That’s what courts are there for, to resolve those issues,” Miller said.

The union also filed unfair labor practice paperwork with the Illinois Labor Relations Board on Wednesday, also filing a demand for expedited arbitration with the city. Catanzara said they have a class-action grievance prepared, too.

But Chicago Police aren’t the only city workers facing the Friday deadline.

What makes Chicago Police different than all city employees facing this same mandate?

“I guess, for one, we work a profession that nobody wants at this point. They can’t get anyone to take this job. The other unions in this city have seemed to literally just lay down and decided, ‘Let them [the FOP] take the lead. If they win, we all win. Let them have the fight,’” Catanzara said.

Asked about the FOP’s prediction that CPD could see a 50% reduction in manpower over the vaccine mandate, Mayor Lori Lightfoot stood her ground, emphasizing the importance of vaccination for officers.

“Really, what we are focusing on is to maximize the opportunity to create a very safe workplace. Police officers, firefighters, others on the front line every day who interact with the public, it makes sense for them to get vaccinated,” Lightfoot said.

The mayor also noted the city already has lost several police officers who have died of COVID, and she doesn’t want to see any more die because they refuse to get vaccinated.

As for the possibility thousands won’t show up for work when the mandate starts, she said the city is prepared.

“We’ll see what happens. John Catanzara says a lot of things – a lot of it offensive, and racist, and foolish – but we will see what happens,” she said. “We’ll be prepared for any eventuality, but our message is to the members: protect yourself, protect your family, protect your partner, protect members of the public, get yourself vaccinated. We do not want to lose any more officers from COVID-19 deaths, when a life-saving vaccine is readily available.”

If half of the city’s police force does go on “no pay” status over the vaccine mandate, there are rumbles vaccinated officers will have their days canceled, and be required to work 12 days straight to fill the void.

Police officers already are required to get other vaccinations to work, but Catanzara said the COVID vaccine mandate is different, because those other requirements came with applying for and getting a job, and this is a change to their conditions of employment.

“They’re changing conditions of employment. We don’t feel that’s legitimate,” Catanzara said. “Lift the mandate, lift the deadline, and go back to protecting the city.”

Its response!!

1634243990928.png

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
What's the hi low on shootings this weekend if it's above 60°?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well...

Folks are being shown, ain't they.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
1634304923126.png

Message to Chicongo this weekend!

1634305492153.png

Last edited:

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Chicago’s homicide problem dwarfs those in New York, Los Angeles​

The City of Chicago is getting outsized attention for its growing wave of violent crime, but based on recent data reported by University of Chicago researcher Jens Ludwig in the Chicago Tribune, the city’s homicides deserve even more scrutiny.

Comparable data shows Chicago’s homicide rate in 2021 (annualized) is six times larger than New York’s and three times bigger than Los Angeles’. Chicago has lost nearly 30 people per 100,000 in population to homicides compared to ten in Los Angeles and just five in New York.

Ludwig’s data largely dismisses the narrative that Chicago’s increase in homicides is just part of the national trend seen in the last two years.

As the below graphic shows, Chicago’s homicide rate broke ranks from New York and Los Angeles’ in the 1990s and never dropped to the lower levels experienced by the bigger two cities over the next two decades.

There are plenty of experts who downplay Chicago’s current numbers by saying that the 1990’s rates were worse, or by comparing Chicago’s rates to smaller cities like St. Louis, Baltimore or New Orleans. But Chicago has always demanded it be compared to the two bigger coastal cities on a host of issues – and on homicides, it’s failing badly.

The other key data point from Ludwig’s analysis is the growing disparity between Chicago’s racial demographics.

Homicides are down for whites and Hispanics, but not for blacks, compared to the peak in the 1990s. In fact, the data shows that it’s black deaths driving the overall increase in Chicago. Black homicides were at a 30-year high in 2020, at 78.3 per 100,000 population. In the 1990s, the rate peaked around 70.

In contrast, Hispanic homicide rates are down about 30 percent, even when taking into account the recent jump, and white rates are down 65 percent compared to the early 1990s. Homicide rates in 2021 for Hispanics and whites were at 15.3 and 2.9 per 100,000, respectively.

Ludwig’s analysis also dismisses all the usual explanations for Chicago’s higher levels of homicide:

“It’s natural to think that the most important factors that affect gun violence, such as funding for public schools, racial and economic segregation, or gun availability and gun laws, must also explain the safety gap across cities. But as best as we can tell in the data, that doesn’t seem to be the case.”

Instead, Ludwig says the gap between the big cities may relate to Los Angeles and New York shifting “to a more professionalized organization.” Both embraced “a reduction in cronyism in appointments and promotions, better officer training, data-driven management systems and efforts to increase officer and departmental accountability” to a degree that Chicago has not. The result for Los Angeles has been a steady decline in its homicide rate as public support for police has increased.

Meanwhile, a Wirepoints/ROCR opinion poll on policing conducted in October 2020 indicated over half of Chicagoans had a negative opinion of the CPD, with more than 60 percent of South Siders having a poor or not so good opinion. However, instead of wanting less police presence, most Chicagoans also want more officers on the street. Nearly 80 percent of residents indicated they wanted police to spend more or the same amount of time in their neighborhood.

While professionalized policing might be part of the solution in Chicago, what all of the above shows is that incremental steps are not going to cut it. The homicide rate is far too extreme.

What it also shows is that change is possible. Ludwig’s data finds New York and Los Angeles managed to drop their homicide rates by 83 and 64 percent, respectively.

That’s a good target to demand from Chicago officials.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
1634306028552.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
1634308482461.png

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1634369330660.png

This isn’t a Chicago story. It’s a Democratic Party story.

Kim Foxx, the state’s attorney for Cook County and darling of MSNBC, has managed to increase murders in Chicago to astounding levels even at a time when we’re all getting used to astounding crime figures. Nationwide in 2020, murder and non-negligent manslaughter were up 29.4%, according to the FBI. That’s more than double the previous record of 1968, when murders increased by 12.7%.

Under the careful management of Foxx, murders in Chicago were up 55%. To put this in perspective, last year, there were nearly as many murders in Chicago (population: 2.7 million) as in New York City and Los Angeles combined (total population: more than 12 million).

Perhaps you’ve heard about the Wild West shootout in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago two weeks ago? One group of gang members shot up the house of rival gang members at around 10 in the morning. They blasted the house with more than 70 rounds, using handguns that had been modified into automatic weapons. Their rivals fired back from inside the home, in a gun battle that lasted so long, it was still going on when the police arrived.

All of this took place in full view of police street cameras, as well as the first officers on the scene.

Of the four initial shooters, one was shot dead at the scene and left behind. The other three took off in two (stolen) Dodge Chargers. One gang member drove to a medical center, dumped his wounded comrade, then led police on a car chase ending in a fiery crash. The other Charger turned up nearby, in flames.

Police arrested the two gang members from the hospital, as well as the three gunmen inside the home.

Foxx refused to bring charges against any of them on the grounds that it was “mutual combat.” At this point, the Chicago PD’s only option may be to resubmit charges on environmental grounds—polluting the air with lead.

Who knew that when Foxx talked about not prosecuting the small stuff, she was talking about murder and mass shootings? In today’s Chicago, the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre is legal.

Foxx’s bullheaded refusal to prosecute in this case was a shock to everyone in the country, except anyone living in Chicago. This is nothing new for the Democrats’ favorite DA. The police ought to put together a calendar of Foxx’s Released Murderer of the Month.

In July it was the murderer of Chrys Carvajal, a 19-year-old National Guardsman who was gunned down when he stepped out of a house party over Fourth of July weekend. Three eyewitnesses and video evidence led the police to a notoriously violent 38-year-old gang member.

Foxx refused to bring charges, claiming there wasn’t enough evidence.

August’s Murderer of the Month shot at a guy, missed him, but managed to hit two little girls sitting in the backseat of their family’s car after returning from church. Six-year-old Aubrey Broughton took a bullet through her lung, was rushed to the hospital and survived. But another bullet lodged directly in the heart of Aubrey’s sister, 7-year-old Serenity, killing her.

Again, the police investigated, found the suspect’s vehicle, evidence inside the car, and cellphone records pointing to a 24-year-old parolee.

Foxx refused to bring charges. (On the other hand, she did remind Serenity’s parents that she too, is a “mother,” so that was nice.)

Serenity’s mother complained that the police and prosecutors are “just bickering.” That was her assessment of the situation—not that Chicago has a prosecutor who won’t prosecute murder. This may explain why—in addition to George Soros’s $2 million donation—Foxx was reelected last year.

September’s Murderer of the Month was the killer of 18-year-old Manuel Porties Jr., who showed up for a fist fight and instead was repeatedly stabbed in the neck after being knocked to the ground. Naturally, the killing was captured on cellphone cameras of bystanders.

Foxx refused to bring charges against Porties’ killer, on the grounds that it was—again—“mutual combat.”

Due to the popularity of drive-by shootings and a “snitches get stitches” ethos, there’s already only about a 20% chance of being arrested if you commit murder in Chicago. Those are pretty good odds for taking another human life.

But even if the police catch you and present the prosecutor with video evidence, eyewitnesses, cellphone signals or a dead 7-year-old girl, Foxx is there to ensure that you will NOT go to prison. At this rate, Foxx might eventually kill off every living human being in Chicago.

But as I said, this is not a story about Chicago. Kim Foxx is a dangerous nut, but she’s not a random dangerous nut. She is the Democratic Party’s beau idéal of criminal justice.

Liberal moneybags George Soros has spent millions of dollars installing criminal-friendly prosecutors around the country. (Back before it was “anti-Semitic” to mention Soros’ pro-murder campaign, the New York Times ran an article boasting of the old prune’s role in electing inert prosecutors, like Foxx.)

A few hundred thousand dollars dumped into a minor DA’s race is more than enough to decide an election. Soros has spent millions. Foxx was Soros’ first success in electing DAs who would refuse to put another black man in prison.

They’re cool with dead black teenagers and dead 7-year-olds. The only black lives the Democrats care about are the lives of black criminals.

MSNBC, mouthpiece of the Democratic Party, was ecstatic the night Foxx won the election that would make her Cook County’s top prosecutor, with Lawrence O’Donnell giddily interviewing the pro-criminal Foxx. She was triumphantly interviewed again that weekend by Al Sharpton.

When has any prosecutor’s election drawn such celebration? When has it even drawn notice?

There is not a Republican in the nation who is not required to publicly state his position on Donald Trump. How about asking Democrats to take a position on Soros’ campaign to install nolle prosequi prosecutors? Apart from Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, will any Democrat in the country criticize Foxx?

No, of course not. As dead bodies pile up in Chicago under Kim Foxx, remember: This is the criminal justice “reform” Democrats want for the entire country.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Is CHicongo in flames yet?

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1634394059636.png

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1449182729678041088

"When Tyranny Becomes Law Rebellion Becomes Duty"

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1634439114921.png

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Chicago’s homicide problem dwarfs those in New York, Los Angeles​

The City of Chicago is getting outsized attention for its growing wave of violent crime, but based on recent data reported by University of Chicago researcher Jens Ludwig in the Chicago Tribune, the city’s homicides deserve even more scrutiny.

Comparable data shows Chicago’s homicide rate in 2021 (annualized) is six times larger than New York’s and three times bigger than Los Angeles’. Chicago has lost nearly 30 people per 100,000 in population to homicides compared to ten in Los Angeles and just five in New York.

Ludwig’s data largely dismisses the narrative that Chicago’s increase in homicides is just part of the national trend seen in the last two years.

As the below graphic shows, Chicago’s homicide rate broke ranks from New York and Los Angeles’ in the 1990s and never dropped to the lower levels experienced by the bigger two cities over the next two decades.

There are plenty of experts who downplay Chicago’s current numbers by saying that the 1990’s rates were worse, or by comparing Chicago’s rates to smaller cities like St. Louis, Baltimore or New Orleans. But Chicago has always demanded it be compared to the two bigger coastal cities on a host of issues – and on homicides, it’s failing badly.

The other key data point from Ludwig’s analysis is the growing disparity between Chicago’s racial demographics.

Homicides are down for whites and Hispanics, but not for blacks, compared to the peak in the 1990s. In fact, the data shows that it’s black deaths driving the overall increase in Chicago. Black homicides were at a 30-year high in 2020, at 78.3 per 100,000 population. In the 1990s, the rate peaked around 70.

In contrast, Hispanic homicide rates are down about 30 percent, even when taking into account the recent jump, and white rates are down 65 percent compared to the early 1990s. Homicide rates in 2021 for Hispanics and whites were at 15.3 and 2.9 per 100,000, respectively.

Ludwig’s analysis also dismisses all the usual explanations for Chicago’s higher levels of homicide:

“It’s natural to think that the most important factors that affect gun violence, such as funding for public schools, racial and economic segregation, or gun availability and gun laws, must also explain the safety gap across cities. But as best as we can tell in the data, that doesn’t seem to be the case.”

Instead, Ludwig says the gap between the big cities may relate to Los Angeles and New York shifting “to a more professionalized organization.” Both embraced “a reduction in cronyism in appointments and promotions, better officer training, data-driven management systems and efforts to increase officer and departmental accountability” to a degree that Chicago has not. The result for Los Angeles has been a steady decline in its homicide rate as public support for police has increased.

Meanwhile, a Wirepoints/ROCR opinion poll on policing conducted in October 2020 indicated over half of Chicagoans had a negative opinion of the CPD, with more than 60 percent of South Siders having a poor or not so good opinion. However, instead of wanting less police presence, most Chicagoans also want more officers on the street. Nearly 80 percent of residents indicated they wanted police to spend more or the same amount of time in their neighborhood.

While professionalized policing might be part of the solution in Chicago, what all of the above shows is that incremental steps are not going to cut it. The homicide rate is far too extreme.

What it also shows is that change is possible. Ludwig’s data finds New York and Los Angeles managed to drop their homicide rates by 83 and 64 percent, respectively.

That’s a good target to demand from Chicago officials.
Gun control working in LA and NYC?????

Or did they finally kill off enough of the Darwin Nominees to restore balance to the gene pool?

I'm sure there are liberals out there that would claim its gun control that is working, but Chicago has the most stringent laws of all of them.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Life in Utopia was never better! The residents there must be so proud of how they've taken the lead in our society!

1634777488114.png

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The "law of un-intended consequences", but quite "predictable" for "critical thinkers"... and PROVEN elsewhere beforehand...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I wonder how far down into savagery Chicongo must decline before even the shooters, carjackers, and rapists rebel?

Sooner or later -- think about it -- Chicongo will deteriorate to Mogadishu. It has to.

Infrastructure breakdown is happening right now. Street repairs? Food delivery trucks on regular schedules? Restaurants, clothing stores, hardware stores? Transportation? Protection from outright violent crime?

ALL. GONE.

What happens when the Lake SNOW hits?

And the electricity goes out because of the destruction of everything else that would normally support its flow...

They have Beetlejuice as an icon.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I wonder how far down into savagery Chicongo must decline before even the shooters, carjackers, and rapists rebel?

Sooner or later -- think about it -- Chicongo will deteriorate to Mogadishu. It has to.

Infrastructure breakdown is happening right now. Street repairs? Food delivery trucks on regular schedules? Restaurants, clothing stores, hardware stores? Transportation? Protection from outright violent crime?

ALL. GONE.

What happens when the Lake SNOW hits?

And the electricity goes out because of the destruction of everything else that would normally support its flow...

They have Beetlejuice as an icon.
We reap what we sow Walt!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The "law of un-intended consequences", but quite "predictable" for "critical thinkers"... and PROVEN elsewhere beforehand...
I’m not so sure “unintended” is the right term, Crunch.