• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Meanwhile in Chicongo

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If he hadn't been a fellow uniformed First Responder...he'd have been in Cook County Jail.

Only professional courtesy let him get away with the bourgeoisie crime of self-defense.
Time to do a Kyle on the murdering bastage.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Chicago is mostly known for bad things: organized crime, dirty slaughterhouses, and political corruption. The short-lived Starz series Boss was about corruption and starred Kelsey Grammar as Chicago’s mayor. After Baltimore and Detroit, Chicago may be the most notorious city in America.

However, Chicago does have a “Magnificent Mile” of upscale hotels, restaurants, and shops on Michigan Avenue. Like many American cities, it relies on the mile to attract tourists, who want to avoid the “bad” parts of town. What happens when every part of a city goes bad?

The “Magnificent Mile” now has empty stores that once hosted such attractions as Macy’s and Disney. The Mag Mile produced $150 million in sales taxes in 2019, but just $60 million in 2020, the year of the George Floyd riots. President of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association Rob Karr says that the “impression around the nation is that Chicago is not a very place safe to be.” Alderman Brian Hopkins says new businesses don’t want to open where shoplifting rings have been “operating with impunity downtown.”

“With continued robberies in the area, Chicago police have issued a warning about suspects only described as young men, in their teens, robbing items on display,” reported the local CBS station. The “only” tells us all we need to know. “No one is in custody, and the robberies are still under investigation,” the story concluded.

Thieves are working systematically. Last week, a gang robbed three 7-Elevens in 30 minutes. In September, a black gang robbed a beauty store in the suburbs and employees treated it like a regular occurrence.

Other gang attacks within the city hit perfume stores and Walgreens. These are not romantic criminals stealing bread to feed their children. People who work downtown say they are afraid to leave the office at night.

What happens if police arrest suspects? Thanks to George Soros-financed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, possibly nothing. She has told prosecutors not to bring felony theft charges if someone steals less than $1,000 worth of property. That means a ticket for a court appearance and no bail, so thieves go back to work right away. Miss Foxx also presided over the Jussie Smollett hoax. She dropped charges, even though he staged a hate crime against himself. Her supporters weren’t bothered; she easily won reelection in 2020.

The police can’t stop brazen shoplifters, but they did launch an investigation in 2019 because somebody put up stickers of the American Identity Movement. I’ve seen no report of arrests.

We can’t accuse the media of covering up crime. The Washington Post noted that Chicago is on pace for its highest homicide rate in 25 years. The Chicago Sun-Times publishes lurid descriptions almost daily of mass shootings. On October 19, there were fifteen shootings (two fatal). Two more were shot to death the next day. A story came out on October 22 about a woman who heard about a shooting in her neighborhood, and then found out the victim was her brother. Fox News has a “Chicago’s Crime Wave” section. In late September, one victim was an eight-year-old boy. Voters don’t seem to care, at least not enough to vote out Miss Foxx or support a different party.

In April last year, we wrote about “The Great Replacement” in Chicago. From 1910 to 2020, the city went from almost entirely white to just about one-third white. In 2016, murders soared after a white police officer shot a black teenager, and the problem has only gotten worse. Curiously, other violent crimes have declined over the last two decades (barring a short-lived spike around 2016), but homicides keep going up .

Kim Foxx can be unintentional funny. Earlier this month, the “body snatchers faction of the Four Corner Hustlers” used home-converted automatic weapons to attack the “Jack Boys faction.” Three men were shot, one died, and the “Jack Boys” refused to leave their hideout, prompting a standoff with the SWAT team. Kim Foxx didn’t bring charges. Her office explained this was, in part, because the shootout was “mutual combat” and therefore possibly not a criminal matter. Even far-left black mayor Lori Lightfoot thought that was too much, though the state’s attorney and the mayor reportedly met to talk out their differences — with the helpful mediation of Jesse Jackson. In the case of a young man stabbed to death, Miss Foxx again brought no charges, in part because she called it another case of “mutual combat.”

It’s not surprising that affluent shoppers want to stay away.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
imho, the voters get what they deserve... (if it isn't Dominion making the choices...)

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think Lightfoot and Foxx are doing a wonderful job, if the job is to destroy your city.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
This is what might have happened to Rittenhouse had he not been armed

Two charged after group beats a college student at Roosevelt Red Line​

November 10, 2021 CWBChicago CTA, Loop
Prosecutors charged two men who were allegedly part of a group of attackers that attacked a college student on the Red Line as the victim was on his way to class. One of the men is accused of using a 16-inch wooden tire tool to beat the victim.
Keno Blackmon, 22, and Jabari Walker, 21, are each charged with one count of felony aggravated battery of a transit passenger on Wednesday.
Prosecutors said the 22-year-old victim was riding a southbound Red Line train to school on October 29 and got out of his seat to exit at Roosevelt. That’s when one of four attackers who remain at-large pulled the victim’s COVID mask and let it snap back on the man’s face, Assistant State’s Attorney John Gnilka said.
Left-to-right-Keno-Blackmon-a-22tire-buddy22-and-Jabari-Walker.jpg.jpg
Left to right: Keno Blackmon, a 16-inch “tire buddy,” and Jabari Walker | CPD; Amazon: CPD
Two more offenders then began punching the victim in the face and head, causing him to fall toward the doors. The crew continued to beat the man as he made his way onto the platform and tried to get away.
That’s when Blackmon and Walker exited from the train car’s other doors and ran toward the victim, Gnilka said. Walker began punching the victim while Blackmon beat the student with a 16-inch wooden “tire buddy” that had a 2-inch metal tip, according to Gnilka.
The rest of the crew then joined in and continued beating and attacking the man until they fled the area together.
Gnilka said the victim suffered several chipped teeth, cuts to his face and body, and bruises and swelling to his left eye, neck, both forearms, and a shoulder.
CTA surveillance cameras recorded the attack from start to finish.
On Monday, police recognized Blackmon and Walker and arrested them on the 200 block of South State Street. Blackmon was still carrying the 16-inch tire buddy when cops took him into custody, Gnilka said.
Blackmon has a pending misdemeanor case for unlawful possession of a knife at the Jackson Red Line station. He is the father of two and is a health caregiver, Assistant Public Defender Suzin Farber said.
Judge Maryam Ahmad set his bail at $5,000. She also ordered him held in lieu of $1,500 for violating his bond terms in the knife case. He must post a 10% deposit of $650 to go home on electronic monitoring under Ahmad’s order.
Blackmon has been arrested in Chicago ten times since 2016. In one case, he and four others were accused of randomly tazing people and stealing property along the Lakefront near Montrose Harbor. Prosecutors charged him with theft, aggravated assault, and trespassing. The outcome of those charges was not immediately available.
Walker appeared in a separate courtroom because he had an extradition warrant pending in Minnesota. A prosecutor told Judge Kelly McCarthy that Walker was adjudicated delinquent as a juvenile for robbery in 2015.
His public defender said he is homeless and has two children with a third on the way.
McCarthy set his bail at $50,000 in the CTA attack case. He’ll need to post $5,000 and go onto electronic monitoring. But he won’t be able to do that anytime soon. McCarthy also ordered him held without bail on the Minnesota warrant.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Can we rename this thread 'Fun with Inner City Africans'? Are facts racist?

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
we won't hear anything beyond this, about a Chinaman being taken down by a Black man...

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The blacks want out of Chicongo too. What can't the Democrats F U ?

As the Black population continues to drop in Chicago and Illinois, few regret their move: ‘I have peace’​

By WILLIAM LEE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
NOV 22, 2021 AT 5:00 AM

Five years after leaving South Shore, Jason and Jennifer Parks are convinced the decision to move their family to northwest Indiana was the right one.
As Chicago continues to struggle to contain violent crime, the Parkses said they appreciate the town of St. John’s slower pace.
The four-bedroom home they had built on a wide lot in Lake County provides space, security and the community kinship they were searching for.
Jason Parks, center, talks with three of his daughters, Jayla, Jillian and Jada, from left, at the family's home in St. John, Indiana, on Nov. 17, 2021. The Parks family moved from Chicago to Northwest Indiana five years ago.

Jason Parks, center, talks with three of his daughters, Jayla, Jillian and Jada, from left, at the family's home in St. John, Indiana, on Nov. 17, 2021. The Parks family moved from Chicago to Northwest Indiana five years ago. (Terrence Antonio James / Chicago Tribune)
The family is among thousands of Black Cook County residents who left the city for other states during the past decade, according to recent census data. The so-called reverse migration out of Chicago has continued, lowering the city’s Black population by about 10%.
A city that once drew tens of thousands of southern Black residents and once held the nation’s second largest Black population seems to have lost its attraction for Black folks, who continue to leave. Chicago’s Black population dropped to 787,551 in 2020, its lowest total since the mid-1950s.

The Parkses and their four daughters had lived in a modest bungalow on South Euclid Avenue, the same block that Michelle Obama’s family once called home, until violence drove the Parkses out three years after they moved in.
Now they appreciate the active parents at the local schools where their 15-year-old twin daughters are thriving and have part-time jobs after school. Their younger daughters can play in the yard without the possibility of gunfire. Best of all, their new community has shopping of all kinds, and their money seems to go further than on the South Side, which lacked many of the basic neighborhood amenities they expected as homeowners.
“I’m glad that we’re out here. I have friends. I have a sense of community,” said Jennifer Parks, a triage nurse at University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, who grew up in Chicago. “We feel safe. We really do. I know violence is everywhere. If someone wants to hurt you, they’ll hurt you. But I have peace.”
Her husband, Jason, who works in finance, agreed that safety was an issue, but said the lack of resources in his old community also propelled their move out of the South Side.
“What I expect if I’m paying property taxes and the like is, within a 10-minute drive in my community I should be able to have access to most of what I need. Most, not everything. And that’s what we have here,” he said. “We got what we were looking for in terms of space to raise our family and more of a neighborhood feel.”
Jennifer Parks with two of her four daughters, Jenna, left, and Jayla, center, on Nov. 17, 2021, in St. John, Indiana.

Jennifer Parks with two of her four daughters, Jenna, left, and Jayla, center, on Nov. 17, 2021, in St. John, Indiana. (Terrence Antonio James / Chicago Tribune)
Like the Parkses, thousands of those who left Cook County chose neighboring states like Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. On average, nearly 8,000 Black residents moved to Indiana each year between 2015 and 2019, according to the Brookings Institution.
Far removed from the times when Chicago was an industrial and manufacturing powerhouse and hog butcher to the world, Black Americans no longer arrive in the city with dreams of finding work. In fact, experts say those with less education and fewer skills are looking elsewhere.
Southern states like Georgia, Texas and Florida draw Black residents from all over the country. After Indiana, Georgia and Texas were the top destinations for Black residents leaving Illinois each year between 2015 and 2019.
There’s also a growing number of Chicago residents who have chosen far-flung states that haven’t traditionally had a large Black population, like Arizona, which has quietly become home to thousands of former Chicago residents, Black and white.
“When I got here, it was so peaceful and friendly. It was like day and night,” said Gerald Anthony Kelly, a South Side native and former CTA bus driver who moved to the Phoenix area in 2013. “Things you can do here you can’t do in Chicago, like sit outside at night. Go for walks at night. I saw the cost of living was so much cheaper here, and the job market was wide open here.”
Award-winning fantasy writer Nnedi Okorafor said she moved from the south suburbs to Phoenix earlier this year, drawn there by its year-round warmth. The author of 19 books, Okorafor said her resolve to stay in the Southwest grew after her daughter, Anyaugo, was accepted at Arizona State University.
“Each time I’ve gone (to Arizona), I’ve gradually fallen in love with the area because I love heat and the desert,” she told the Tribune. “Once (my daughter) got into ASU, it all just lined up and made sense.”

Career growth elsewhere​

Illinois in general saw some of the largest losses of Black residents during the last decade of any state except New York. As Chicago’s Hispanic and white populations have increased in the last decade, the city’s Black population dropped by 84,738 since 2010, the second highest decline after Detroit.
The extended departure offers a challenge to city officials hoping to retain families and professionals who could help stabilize troubled South and West Side communities.
The mayor’s office didn’t respond to the Tribune’s requests for comment.
The outward trend is hardly a single phenomenon as the Midwest’s Black population has fallen by more than 130,000 people in the last 10 years, according to the Brookings Institution’s analysis.
The Atlanta, Dallas and Houston metro areas have gained the most Black residents between 2010 and 2020.
Researchers with the nonprofit Metropolitan Planning Council analyzed early data releases that found low-wage and low-skill workers among the most likely to leave Cook County, outnumbering new arrivals by a ratio of about 2 to 1.
“Non-college-educated Black residents may leave Cook County in search of employment, or simply not consider low-wage employment sufficient reason to stay if other aspects of the city fail them,” the council wrote in an online article last August. “Likewise, less-educated Blacks in other parts of the country no longer consider Cook County or Chicago an economic destination and its economic opportunities probably do not offset its negative national reputation for violence, segregation and uneven schools.”
The city’s inability to create or facilitate jobs to replace the industrial job losses, as well as the rise of drugs has contributed to the decline, according to researchers.
“We’ve never recovered from losing manufacturing jobs from the ‘70s on and ... the manufacturing jobs disappearing was replaced by the era of mass incarceration where we sent people to prison for many offenses ... many of them drug,” said Daniel Cooper, the planning council’s director of research.
Black professionals are also leaving Cook County, though they are replaced by out-of-state Black professionals moving in. Examining census data from 2013 to 2017, Cooper, working with researchers Jim Lewis and Rob Paral, also found that Black professionals “have roughly replaced one another as some have left Cook County for nearby counties or other parts of the nation, but many managers and professionals from other states have moved to Cook.”
The reason appears to be the large number of corporations and businesses that draw professional Black jobseekers.
Some who left say the growth they’ve experienced since leaving wasn’t possible here.
Roseland native Apryl Moore, who moved to Texas in 2016, said her business, FreshSteps Medical Foot and Nail Spa in McKinney, is thriving in a way that she doesn’t believe would have been possible in her hometown.
Her business, which combines foot and nail care with a podiatrist’s supervision, has seen a boom in the affluent county where she lives and works, she said, adding that she’s receiving 20 to 30 new clients a month.
Her new home in Texas is free of the red tape that hampered such a business in Roseland.
“I’m on target for my business to bring in six figures in one year. I would have never been able to do that in Chicago,” said Moore, 49, a divorced mother of two.

‘I didn’t have peace’​

In Tempe, Arizona, Kelly, the former CTA bus driver, said he found an outpost of Black Chicago transplants in a region that has drawn thousands of Illinois residents since 2010. Having lived in Chicago since he was 3, Kelly, 50, said most of his family had abandoned the city.
“Every (sibling) that was there, with the exception of my older sister, left. I have 14 siblings, now all of us are gone. In Indiana, California, Texas, Arizona. We all had to get out,” Kelly said. “It’s just not the place you want to raise a family,” he said.
The Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler metro area had the eighth highest gain of Black residents during the past 10 years, with more than 72,000 new arrivals. In addition to Chicago, Phoenix has gained a number of people from Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area. Many believe the new arrivals from blue states helped tip the 2020 presidential election for President Joe Biden.
Chicago dining staples such as Lou Malnati’s, Portillo’s and Harold’s Chicken have opened stores there.
Kelly said he quickly found work as a city bus driver — first for Phoenix and later Tempe — all while maintaining his other job as the founder and host of the Internet radio station World Vibe Radio One.
The former Longwood Manor resident grew weary of the city and felt traumatized after several instances of crime.
“It made me nervous, honestly. I got carjacked. It was a rough experience. I’ve been shot at on the CTA bus twice. Two burglaries in Oak Park and twice more in Chicago,” he said. “There was a lot going on in Chicago. A lot of violence. A lot of death. I felt like I didn’t have peace.”
Kelly, like other former residents, dreads daily news reports of violence and crime in Chicago.
Moore, who first moved to Dallas before moving to McKinney to open her nail care business, knows the feeling. She said she felt apprehension whenever she returned to Chicago to care for her father.
“I left in 2016. I felt (crime) was getting bad then. After I left, I felt like it was getting worse,” Moore recalled. “I had to fly back and forth to Chicago for almost two years every month, sometimes twice a month, and I literally used to get anxiety about coming to Chicago.”
Jason Parks, the Indiana transplant, said a lot of big cities experience these kinds of problems.
“I don’t want to villainize Chicago,” he said. “Crime was an issue. I won’t deny that ... but more than anything we wanted to create an environment for our family that really allows us to enjoy the neighborhood and our neighbors.”
Jason and Jennifer Parks and their daughters moved from Chicago to this subdivision in St. John, Indiana, five years ago.

Jason and Jennifer Parks and their daughters moved from Chicago to this subdivision in St. John, Indiana, five years ago. (Terrence Antonio James / Chicago Tribune)
Crime wasn’t a consideration for Okorafor, who said she began planning her escape from Illinois before the pandemic to evade Chicago’s notorious winter weather.
“First and foremost, I don’t like cold (weather). The winters were long and dark. Gradually I just lost my tolerance for the winter,” said Okorafor, 47, who is working on television development projects with HBO and Amazon.
“I’ve met three of my neighbors around my home. All of them are from Chicago,” she said. She added that she’s kept her suburban condo and hasn’t completely turned her back on Illinois.
“I always feel like I have to have a foot there. It’s my home base and it always will be,” she said. “Just not in the winter.”
Relocation hasn’t been without some minor gripes for the people the Tribune interviewed.
For Moore, her daughter had difficulty adjusting to high school among affluent classmates.
For Jason Parks, who grew up in Gary, he had to reacclimate to his conservative home state and get used to seeing Trump signs on front lawns. He didn’t anticipate the intense response to mask mandates at his children’s school. Trump earned about 42% of the vote in Lake County.
Still, his family is satisfied with its new home, though he didn’t rule out a return to Chicago, with some caveats.
“There would have to be a lot of financial reasons for me to come back to the city that would directly impact my family, because really that’s what drove me away — all of the financial things and the other political things,” Parks said. “Those things have to change.”

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
Decent people, no matter skin color want to live far, far away from the ghetto thugs.
Best way to see illannoy or chicongo is in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

“Organized burglars” raid stores in Wicker Park and West Town overnight (Please don’t call them looters)​

November 26, 2021 CWBChicago West Town, Wicker Park
An organized group burglarized several businesses in and near Wicker Park early Friday Park, prompting Chicago police to flood the downtown retail corridors with extra resources to prevent similar raids along the Mag Mile and nearby areas. But, please help the city maintain its image by not calling them looters. The mayor will thank you.
Between 1:30 a.m. and. 3 a.m., a group of men that traveled in a 3-vehicle convoy burglarized the Foot Locker, 1241 North Milwaukee, North Face at 1629 North Damen, D&D Liquor at 2006 West Division, and the Empire Wireless at 2640 West Division, according to preliminary CPD reports. The front entrance was also damaged at Hustla Boutique, 1431 West Chicago, but it was not immediately clear if merchandise was taken.
Police said clothing was taken from Foot Locker, coats were taken from North Face, and electronics were taken from the cellular store.
The burglary crew traveled in a black Jeep Cherokee, a white Cadillac, and a Ford Fusion. Police searched the area for the burglars but came up empty-handed.
Among the burglars was:
  • a heavyset Black male who wore a black ski mask with a white hoodie and red shoes
  • a heavyset Black male who wore all black with a white COVID mask
  • a Black male who wore a white hoodie with the word “HOODRICH” on it

Second spree​

Friday was the second time in a week that CPD sent reinforcements to shore up its presence along the Magnificent Mile and nearby retail corridors. On November 19, Chicago police leaders activated the city’s anti-looting plan to protect the Central Business District after a series of incidents downtown and in outlying neighborhoods. The incidents cropped up hours after a jury acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse of all charges in Kenosha.
A South Side alderman says looters struck her ward that evening and police confirmed groups of men successfully raided a Mag Mile department store and tried to break into a Loop footwear shop around the same time.
At 6:44 p.m., a group of men jumped out of two or three vehicles and stole “large amounts of merchandise” from a store on the 700 block of North Michigan, according to a CPD media statement. Witnesses said the offenders targeted Neiman Marcus, 737 North Michigan. No arrests were made.
Just under an hour later, officers responding to calls of a man with a rifle near State and Lake in the Loop were struck by a stolen SUV that they tried to pull over, according to CPD reports. The vehicle’s occupants ran from the scene, but cops arrested them nearby, a police spokesperson said in a tweet that included a photo of four guns officers allegedly found in the SUV.
Then, around 9:07 p.m., a group of men got out of a car and broke the front windows of Foot Locker, 26 South State, according to a CPD report. Police said they did not know if the men had taken anything from the store.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

“Organized burglars” raid stores in Wicker Park and West Town overnight (Please don’t call them looters)​

November 26, 2021 CWBChicago West Town, Wicker Park
An organized group burglarized several businesses in and near Wicker Park early Friday Park, prompting Chicago police to flood the downtown retail corridors with extra resources to prevent similar raids along the Mag Mile and nearby areas. But, please help the city maintain its image by not calling them looters. The mayor will thank you.
Between 1:30 a.m. and. 3 a.m., a group of men that traveled in a 3-vehicle convoy burglarized the Foot Locker, 1241 North Milwaukee, North Face at 1629 North Damen, D&D Liquor at 2006 West Division, and the Empire Wireless at 2640 West Division, according to preliminary CPD reports. The front entrance was also damaged at Hustla Boutique, 1431 West Chicago, but it was not immediately clear if merchandise was taken.
Police said clothing was taken from Foot Locker, coats were taken from North Face, and electronics were taken from the cellular store.
The burglary crew traveled in a black Jeep Cherokee, a white Cadillac, and a Ford Fusion. Police searched the area for the burglars but came up empty-handed.
Among the burglars was:
  • a heavyset Black male who wore a black ski mask with a white hoodie and red shoes
  • a heavyset Black male who wore all black with a white COVID mask
  • a Black male who wore a white hoodie with the word “HOODRICH” on it

Second spree​

Friday was the second time in a week that CPD sent reinforcements to shore up its presence along the Magnificent Mile and nearby retail corridors. On November 19, Chicago police leaders activated the city’s anti-looting plan to protect the Central Business District after a series of incidents downtown and in outlying neighborhoods. The incidents cropped up hours after a jury acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse of all charges in Kenosha.
A South Side alderman says looters struck her ward that evening and police confirmed groups of men successfully raided a Mag Mile department store and tried to break into a Loop footwear shop around the same time.
At 6:44 p.m., a group of men jumped out of two or three vehicles and stole “large amounts of merchandise” from a store on the 700 block of North Michigan, according to a CPD media statement. Witnesses said the offenders targeted Neiman Marcus, 737 North Michigan. No arrests were made.
Just under an hour later, officers responding to calls of a man with a rifle near State and Lake in the Loop were struck by a stolen SUV that they tried to pull over, according to CPD reports. The vehicle’s occupants ran from the scene, but cops arrested them nearby, a police spokesperson said in a tweet that included a photo of four guns officers allegedly found in the SUV.
Then, around 9:07 p.m., a group of men got out of a car and broke the front windows of Foot Locker, 26 South State, according to a CPD report. Police said they did not know if the men had taken anything from the store.
Good!!!

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
This is hillareous. Look at the posts above and then read the newest post from the AP today. What a hoot!

HE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NOVEMBER 27, 2021 9:26 AM

CHICAGO
Police are alerting businesses in Chicago to recent thefts of purses at retail shops.

Five thefts have been reported between Oct. 22 and Nov. 19 along North Michigan Avenue and North Rush Street involving up to 10 teens or young adults who enter and leave quickly, police said Friday in a release.

The thieves flee in vehicles, most of which were reported stolen.

Friday evening, three men walked into a Foot Locker in Chicago’s West Elsdon neighborhood and tossed merchandise into trash bags before fleeing, WBBM-TV reported.

Smash-and-grab crimes at high-end stores are rising in some parts of the country. Groups of people -- often masked and dressed in black -- smash windows and display cases then snatch as many items as possible before running out to waiting vehicles.

Stores throughout San Francisco’s Bay Area have been hit this month as thieves, some carrying crowbars and hammers, smashed glass cases and window displays, stealing jewelry, sunglasses, suitcases and other merchandise.

Those thefts are believed to be part of sophisticated criminal networks that recruit mainly young people to steal merchandise in stores throughout the country then sell it in online marketplaces.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is hillareous. Look at the posts above and then read the newest post from the AP today. What a hoot!

HE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NOVEMBER 27, 2021 9:26 AM

CHICAGO
Police are alerting businesses in Chicago to recent thefts of purses at retail shops.

Five thefts have been reported between Oct. 22 and Nov. 19 along North Michigan Avenue and North Rush Street involving up to 10 teens or young adults who enter and leave quickly, police said Friday in a release.

The thieves flee in vehicles, most of which were reported stolen.

Friday evening, three men walked into a Foot Locker in Chicago’s West Elsdon neighborhood and tossed merchandise into trash bags before fleeing, WBBM-TV reported.

Smash-and-grab crimes at high-end stores are rising in some parts of the country. Groups of people -- often masked and dressed in black -- smash windows and display cases then snatch as many items as possible before running out to waiting vehicles.

Stores throughout San Francisco’s Bay Area have been hit this month as thieves, some carrying crowbars and hammers, smashed glass cases and window displays, stealing jewelry, sunglasses, suitcases and other merchandise.

Those thefts are believed to be part of sophisticated criminal networks that recruit mainly young people to steal merchandise in stores throughout the country then sell it in online marketplaces.

Not too hilarious, edsl48. My opinion is, based on their “it’s just stuff, you have insurance, you can replace it” rhetoric, they plan on making laws allowing home invasions and smash/grabs all legal, while making home defense illegal. The madness grows daily. That is their goal.