• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Meanwhile in Chicongo

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
You can take the African SAVAGE out of the jungle...

A whole bunch of my in-laws (nephews, nieces etc.) are "dark-colored"... from Venezuela... and out of them only ONE is a "miscreant" asshole who the night before my departure from a visit stole my toilet kit... including my electric razor and ESPECIALLY MY DENTURES... leaving me toothless... I made a huge stink, and finally the toilet-kit "re-appeared" in the living room... the 16 year-old still denying having any involvement...

That was back in 1998...

But all the rest of my "black relatives" are serious hard-working people... but also very involved in the "Jehovah Witness" group... so that might have something to do with it... Some "social values" and "religious values".... and "family values"...

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

New: Top cop says he personally benched cops who busted a heroin dealer in chief’s Lexus — but that’s not what the department said last month​

March 9, 2022 CWBChicago Citywide
Chicago Police Supt. David Brown on Wednesday gave a brand new explanation for why officers who arrested a man for allegedly throwing $6,300 worth of heroin from the chief of internal affairs’ personal car were removed from street duty. And that’s not the only new development.
“Until we fully understand all of the conduct of every officer involved is why we pulled them,” Brown said. “I made the decision.”
But that’s not what CPD Chief Communications Officer Don Terry told us on February 21.
In an email then, Terry wrote, “The officers are active. They were removed from operations to complete recommended training.”
David-Brown-1024x576.jpg
CPD Supt. David Brown speaks to the media on March 9, 2022. | Facebook
The story about Chief Yolanda Talley’s car, which was reportedly driven by her niece and occupied by frequently-convicted heroin dealer Kenneth Miles continues to evolve, despite Brown’s best efforts to put the scandal behind him.
CWB Chicago was first to report that public records show Miles was the confidential informant whose bad information led police to conduct the wrongful raid on Anjanette Young’s home. That debacle cost the city a $2.9 million settlement just two months before Miles allegedly threw a bag containing 84 smaller baggies of heroin from Talley’s car last month.
The Sun-Times last week published police body camera video that showed Talley’s niece dropping her aunt’s position in the department as they arrested Miles.
Yesterday, WGN reported that police returned Talley’s car to her niece after Miles’ arrest, even though she was driving on a suspended license. Questions continue to be raised about why police returned the chief’s Lexus when CPD routinely seizes the vehicles of ordinary citizens in much smaller narcotics cases.
In light of WGN’s reporting, it appears the department even released Talley’s car to someone who didn’t have a license to drive.
Also of note:
On February 24, Brown said he had not seen any evidence that Talley had done anything wrong.
“Of course, I wasn’t on the scene making any of these decisions,” he quickly added.
Brown now appears to be applying a double standard in which he personally removed front-line officers from duty “until we fully understand all of the conduct” while still allowing Talley to serve as the head of internal affairs as the city’s inspector general reviews the circumstances of her car being involved in a sizable heroin bust.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A whole bunch of my in-laws (nephews, nieces etc.) are "dark-colored"... from Venezuela... and out of them only ONE is a "miscreant" asshole who the night before my departure from a visit stole my toilet kit... including my electric razor and ESPECIALLY MY DENTURES... leaving me toothless... I made a huge stink, and finally the toilet-kit "re-appeared" in the living room... the 16 year-old still denying having any involvement...

That was back in 1998...

But all the rest of my "black relatives" are serious hard-working people... but also very involved in the "Jehovah Witness" group... so that might have something to do with it... Some "social values" and "religious values".... and "family values"...
It's not about skin color crunchy, it's about culture

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Its fellow body snatchers are still snickering, "You picked the ugly one!"

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Chicago Fed’s Woke Enemy Of Free Speech Heading For Promotion To Federal Reserve Board – Wirepoints
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...omotion+To+Federal+Reserve+Board+–+Wirepoints

The United States Senate on Tuesday voted to advance Lisa Cook’s nomination by President Biden to the Federal Reserve Board after a committee deadlocked on her nomination earlier this month. Cook is currently an Executive Committee member of the regional Chicago Federal Reserve Bank Board of Directors. As a member of the national Federal Reserve Board, she would have key influence on the Fed’s monetary policy, which is supposed to be about price stability, i.e., controlling inflation.
In 2020, you may recall that the Chicago Fed bowed to the cancel mob in a particularly egregious manner by cutting ties with a prominent University of Chicago economics professor, Harald Uhlig. We wrote about it here.
What was Uhilg’s sin? He wrote a series of tweets criticizing Black Lives Matters’ call to defund police departments. That’s all.
Cook was one of the leaders in the resulting character assassination that led to firing Uhlig. She said free speech “should have its limits” and accused Uhlig of using it to “spread hatred and violate the dignity of other people.”
Lisa-Cook.jpeg
Lisa Cook. Source: Wall Street Journal
Nationally recognized legal scholar Jonathan Turley called the Chicago Fed affair “one of the most notorious cancel campaigns” he has covered in his work defending free speech. Uhlig himself described the matter in the Wall Street Journal, listing it among other reasons why she should not be promoted to the Fed.
Senators opposed to Cook’s nomination are furious about not only the Chicago Fed affair but the rest of Cook’s record on free speech, race and political activism. Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), the ranking member of the Senate Banking Committee, said this about Cook on the Senate Floor:
Professor Cook’s history of extreme left-wing political advocacy and hostility to opposing viewpoints also makes her unfit to serve on the Fed….
Professor Cook’s record indicates that she is likely to inject further political bias into the Fed’s work—at a time when hyper-focus on inflation and adherence to the Fed’s dual mandate is at its most critical.
In over 30,000 public tweets and retweets, Professor Cook has supported race-based reparations, promoted conspiracies about Georgia voter laws, and sought to cancel those who disagree with her views, such as publicly calling for the firing of an economist who dared to tweet that he opposed defunding the Chicago police.
After Banking Committee Republican staff highlighted these tweets for the public’s attention, Professor Cook blocked the Banking Committee Republican Twitter account—one day before her nomination hearing. Apparently Prof. Cook not only realizes how inflammatory her own tweets are, but also has no regard for the Senate’s constitutional responsibility to vet her public statements.

Cook indeed has no background or work history in monetary affairs. That concentration is increasingly displaced by woke politics at the national Fed board and the Chicago Fed. Here’s how the Chicago Fed describes itself in its About web page:
The Bank takes a holistic approach to its varied responsibilities, seeking to connect its internal and external practices with key initiatives that include:
Inflation is now at a 40-year high, thanks in large part to the Fed’s creation, out of thin air, of some $5 trillion dollars just in the last three years. Would it be asking too much for Fed nominees to be expert in monetary policy — or at least have some common sense — instead of a record opposing free speech and promoting racial division? Apparently, it is. The Senate appears likely to approve Cook’s nomination, voting on party lines.
Uhlig recently asked these more specific questions about Cook, the answers to which should be obvious:
Should these activist stances be a cause of concern, before appointing someone to one of the highest offices in the country? I do think so. Might she use her then considerable power to shut down speech and disagreement in the Federal Reserve and elsewhere? Is it reasonable to appoint a person as Fed Governor, who so forcefully spoke up against someone critical of defunding the police, when some police protection might occasionally be welcome to, say, help guard the gold reserves and cash delivery trucks, protect bank employees and assure the safety of buildings?
What, then, will happen, when she is appointed Governor? Will Fed researchers continue to speak freely about their findings concerning racial disparities or the importance of policing, or will speech by sullied, for fear of taking a wrong step and seeing a career come to an end? To the degree that these issues matter for monetary policy at all, will the Board be provided with a balanced and reasoned assessment by its researchers, or will only an activist voice be welcome?

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Chicago Fed’s Woke Enemy Of Free Speech Heading For Promotion To Federal Reserve Board – Wirepoints​

https://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=https://wirepoints.org/chicago-feds-woke-enemy-of-free-speech-heading-for-promotion-to-federal-reserve-board-wirepoints/&title=Chicago+Fed’s+Woke+Enemy+Of+Free+Speech+Heading+For+Promotion+To+Federal+Reserve+Board+–+Wirepoints

The United States Senate on Tuesday voted to advance Lisa Cook’s nomination by President Biden to the Federal Reserve Board after a committee deadlocked on her nomination earlier this month. Cook is currently an Executive Committee member of the regional Chicago Federal Reserve Bank Board of Directors. As a member of the national Federal Reserve Board, she would have key influence on the Fed’s monetary policy, which is supposed to be about price stability, i.e., controlling inflation.
In 2020, you may recall that the Chicago Fed bowed to the cancel mob in a particularly egregious manner by cutting ties with a prominent University of Chicago economics professor, Harald Uhlig. We wrote about it here.
What was Uhilg’s sin? He wrote a series of tweets criticizing Black Lives Matters’ call to defund police departments. That’s all.
Cook was one of the leaders in the resulting character assassination that led to firing Uhlig. She said free speech “should have its limits” and accused Uhlig of using it to “spread hatred and violate the dignity of other people.”
Lisa-Cook.jpeg
Lisa Cook. Source: Wall Street Journal
Nationally recognized legal scholar Jonathan Turley called the Chicago Fed affair “one of the most notorious cancel campaigns” he has covered in his work defending free speech. Uhlig himself described the matter in the Wall Street Journal, listing it among other reasons why she should not be promoted to the Fed.
Senators opposed to Cook’s nomination are furious about not only the Chicago Fed affair but the rest of Cook’s record on free speech, race and political activism. Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), the ranking member of the Senate Banking Committee, said this about Cook on the Senate Floor:
Professor Cook’s history of extreme left-wing political advocacy and hostility to opposing viewpoints also makes her unfit to serve on the Fed….
Professor Cook’s record indicates that she is likely to inject further political bias into the Fed’s work—at a time when hyper-focus on inflation and adherence to the Fed’s dual mandate is at its most critical.
In over 30,000 public tweets and retweets, Professor Cook has supported race-based reparations, promoted conspiracies about Georgia voter laws, and sought to cancel those who disagree with her views, such as publicly calling for the firing of an economist who dared to tweet that he opposed defunding the Chicago police.
After Banking Committee Republican staff highlighted these tweets for the public’s attention, Professor Cook blocked the Banking Committee Republican Twitter account—one day before her nomination hearing. Apparently Prof. Cook not only realizes how inflammatory her own tweets are, but also has no regard for the Senate’s constitutional responsibility to vet her public statements.

Cook indeed has no background or work history in monetary affairs. That concentration is increasingly displaced by woke politics at the national Fed board and the Chicago Fed. Here’s how the Chicago Fed describes itself in its About web page:
The Bank takes a holistic approach to its varied responsibilities, seeking to connect its internal and external practices with key initiatives that include:
Inflation is now at a 40-year high, thanks in large part to the Fed’s creation, out of thin air, of some $5 trillion dollars just in the last three years. Would it be asking too much for Fed nominees to be expert in monetary policy — or at least have some common sense — instead of a record opposing free speech and promoting racial division? Apparently, it is. The Senate appears likely to approve Cook’s nomination, voting on party lines.
Uhlig recently asked these more specific questions about Cook, the answers to which should be obvious:
Should these activist stances be a cause of concern, before appointing someone to one of the highest offices in the country? I do think so. Might she use her then considerable power to shut down speech and disagreement in the Federal Reserve and elsewhere? Is it reasonable to appoint a person as Fed Governor, who so forcefully spoke up against someone critical of defunding the police, when some police protection might occasionally be welcome to, say, help guard the gold reserves and cash delivery trucks, protect bank employees and assure the safety of buildings?
What, then, will happen, when she is appointed Governor? Will Fed researchers continue to speak freely about their findings concerning racial disparities or the importance of policing, or will speech by sullied, for fear of taking a wrong step and seeing a career come to an end? To the degree that these issues matter for monetary policy at all, will the Board be provided with a balanced and reasoned assessment by its researchers, or will only an activist voice be welcome?

She'll fit in perfectly.
Fake money.
Fake hair.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
She'll fit in perfectly.
Fake money.
Fake hair.
Fake intelligence.

They're pursuing the Magic Money Tree theory of currency management, right now, and wondering why it's not working so well.

So, they've got the answers: The Right People aren't in charge. They don't BELIEVE hard enough.

In comes this trash.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Chicago film office chief appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot is rushed to intensive care after being beaten up by gang breaking into his car - as mayor says carjackers strike because they feel 'unloved'​

• Kwame Amoaku, 51, was appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot in July 2019 to head the city's film office
  • On Wednesday morning he was attacked and beaten up outside his home, and his car stolen by 'three kids'
  • Amoaku was taken to hospital where he was admitted to ICU and treated for head injuries, but is expected to recover
  • Chicago police say that carjackings are up three percent, and 57 percent of those arrested are juveniles
  • On Saturday Lightfoot told a forum of young people, assembled to discuss crime reduction strategies, that carjackings were because youth 'feel unloved'
  • In February she blamed the rise of carjackings on remote learning during the pandemic

The head of Chicago's Film Office was rushed to intensive care after being beaten by three car thieves described as children - as the very mayor who appointed him claimed carjackers only struck because they feel unloved.
Kwame Amoaku, 51, was attacked twice by three people just before 8am Wednesday morning outside his home in the centre of Chicago, near the National Museum of Mexican Art.
Chicago police reported that Amoaku saw three young men inside his car as he walked toward it at 7:46am, on the 2100 block of West 22nd Place.

He confronted the intruders, who then attacked him and fled in a gray Dodge Caravan that was waiting nearby.
Moments later, they returned to the scene, beating Amoaku a second time and robbing him, before driving off in his car.
'This AM I was attacked, beaten, and my car stolen by three kids,' he wrote on Facebook.
'Thanks to all who have reached out. I'm in the ICU, I'm going to be OK.'
56175565-10682245-image-a-2_1649027820561.jpg

+5
View gallery
Kwame Amoaku, 51, was beaten and robbed outside his Chicago home on Wednesday morning by three youths, who stole his car

+5
View gallery
Kwame Amoaku, 51, was beaten and robbed outside his Chicago home on Wednesday morning by three youths, who stole his car
His daughter wrote on Facebook: 'My dad was viciously attacked outside his home.
'He will be unable to work or cook for himself. Please donate if you are able.
'You never think this would happen to your family. Until it does.'
Amoaku was appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot to head the city's film promotion agency in July 2019.

And on Saturday Lightfoot, who was elected in May 2019 and appointed Amoaku two months later, said that young people were stealing cars because they were 'unloved'.
The number of people carjacked - 499 - is up 3 percent.
Chicago police said 57 percent of carjacking suspects are juveniles.
'There are too many young people in this room that feel unloved, and we need to change that if we are going to change the trajectory of their lives,' Lightfoot said, addressing an event at Harold Washington Library for young people, focused on how to reduce crime.
The mayor said Chicago cannot 'arrest ourselves' out of public safety problems.
Lightfoot in February said the city's carjacking spikes were linked to remote learning, during the pandemic.
Amoaku, a veteran film industry professional, was location manager from 2014 for the NBC series, Chicago Fire, and for the 2019 Netflix movie based on Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats. In July 2019 he was appointed head of the city's Film Office, set up to promote filming in Chicago

+5
View gallery
Amoaku, a veteran film industry professional, was location manager from 2014 for the NBC series, Chicago Fire, and for the 2019 Netflix movie based on Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats. In July 2019 he was appointed head of the city's Film Office, set up to promote filming in Chicago
Amoaku has worked in the film industry for 25 years before heading up the city's Film Office

+5
View gallery
Amoaku has worked in the film industry for 25 years before heading up the city's Film Office

Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, is pictured on Saturday at a town hall event in a library to discuss young people and crime. She said carjackings were carried out because young people 'feel unloved'

Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, is pictured on Saturday at a town hall event in a library to discuss young people and crime. She said carjackings were carried out because young people 'feel unloved'

'We started seeing this rise in cases in 2020,' she said.
'And I'll be frank and say in Chicago there was a correlation we believe between remote learning and the rise in carjackings.'
Shootings and homicides are down in the city so far this year.
There were 508 shootings as of the end of March this year, compared to 582 shootings during the same time period this time last year.
There have been 128 homicides so far this year - a seven percent decline over the same time period last year.
The West Side and South Side have seen a 24 percent decrease in the number of people shot, or 110 fewer than last year, accounting for nearly all of this year's decrease in shootings.
Lightfoot has battled criticism over her vow to defund the police, then refund it as crime soared, and has also clashed with cops over her imposition of a COVID vaccine mandate on the crime-ridden city's public workers.
Amoaku was described as bringing '25 years of experience as an executive producer, director, assistant director, production manager, location manager, actor, and writer to the position.'
Amoaku was location manager from 2014 for the NBC series, Chicago Fire, and for the 2019 Netflix movie based on Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats.
He also had acting roles including in Chicago Fire, ER, and Prison Break.
'I'm honored to join Chicago in this pivotal role to showcase the talent, creativity and beauty found here,' said Amoaku at the time.
'The entire city is a show-stopping stage for amazing productions in both TV and movies and I'm excited to lead this office and continue to bring significant projects that impact Chicago both artistically and economically.'

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Chicago film office chief appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot is rushed to intensive care after being beaten up by gang breaking into his car - as mayor says carjackers strike because they feel 'unloved'​

• Kwame Amoaku, 51, was appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot in July 2019 to head the city's film office
  • On Wednesday morning he was attacked and beaten up outside his home, and his car stolen by 'three kids'
  • Amoaku was taken to hospital where he was admitted to ICU and treated for head injuries, but is expected to recover
  • Chicago police say that carjackings are up three percent, and 57 percent of those arrested are juveniles
  • On Saturday Lightfoot told a forum of young people, assembled to discuss crime reduction strategies, that carjackings were because youth 'feel unloved'
  • In February she blamed the rise of carjackings on remote learning during the pandemic

The head of Chicago's Film Office was rushed to intensive care after being beaten by three car thieves described as children - as the very mayor who appointed him claimed carjackers only struck because they feel unloved.
Kwame Amoaku, 51, was attacked twice by three people just before 8am Wednesday morning outside his home in the centre of Chicago, near the National Museum of Mexican Art.
Chicago police reported that Amoaku saw three young men inside his car as he walked toward it at 7:46am, on the 2100 block of West 22nd Place.

He confronted the intruders, who then attacked him and fled in a gray Dodge Caravan that was waiting nearby.
Moments later, they returned to the scene, beating Amoaku a second time and robbing him, before driving off in his car.
'This AM I was attacked, beaten, and my car stolen by three kids,' he wrote on Facebook.
'Thanks to all who have reached out. I'm in the ICU, I'm going to be OK.'
56175565-10682245-image-a-2_1649027820561.jpg

+5
View gallery

+5
View gallery
His daughter wrote on Facebook: 'My dad was viciously attacked outside his home.
'He will be unable to work or cook for himself. Please donate if you are able.
'You never think this would happen to your family. Until it does.'
Amoaku was appointed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot to head the city's film promotion agency in July 2019.

And on Saturday Lightfoot, who was elected in May 2019 and appointed Amoaku two months later, said that young people were stealing cars because they were 'unloved'.
The number of people carjacked - 499 - is up 3 percent.
Chicago police said 57 percent of carjacking suspects are juveniles.
'There are too many young people in this room that feel unloved, and we need to change that if we are going to change the trajectory of their lives,' Lightfoot said, addressing an event at Harold Washington Library for young people, focused on how to reduce crime.
The mayor said Chicago cannot 'arrest ourselves' out of public safety problems.
Lightfoot in February said the city's carjacking spikes were linked to remote learning, during the pandemic.
Amoaku, a veteran film industry professional, was location manager from 2014 for the NBC series, Chicago Fire, and for the 2019 Netflix movie based on Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats. In July 2019 he was appointed head of the city's Film Office, set up to promote filming in Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats. In July 2019 he was appointed head of the city's Film Office, set up to promote filming in Chicago

+5
View gallery
Amoaku has worked in the film industry for 25 years before heading up the city's Film Office's Film Office

+5
View gallery

Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, is pictured on Saturday at a town hall event in a library to discuss young people and crime. She said carjackings were carried out because young people 'feel unloved''feel unloved'

'We started seeing this rise in cases in 2020,' she said.
'And I'll be frank and say in Chicago there was a correlation we believe between remote learning and the rise in carjackings.'
Shootings and homicides are down in the city so far this year.
There were 508 shootings as of the end of March this year, compared to 582 shootings during the same time period this time last year.
There have been 128 homicides so far this year - a seven percent decline over the same time period last year.
The West Side and South Side have seen a 24 percent decrease in the number of people shot, or 110 fewer than last year, accounting for nearly all of this year's decrease in shootings.
Lightfoot has battled criticism over her vow to defund the police, then refund it as crime soared, and has also clashed with cops over her imposition of a COVID vaccine mandate on the crime-ridden city's public workers.
Amoaku was described as bringing '25 years of experience as an executive producer, director, assistant director, production manager, location manager, actor, and writer to the position.'
Amoaku was location manager from 2014 for the NBC series, Chicago Fire, and for the 2019 Netflix movie based on Chicago's hip-hop scene, Beats.
He also had acting roles including in Chicago Fire, ER, and Prison Break.
'I'm honored to join Chicago in this pivotal role to showcase the talent, creativity and beauty found here,' said Amoaku at the time.
'The entire city is a show-stopping stage for amazing productions in both TV and movies and I'm excited to lead this office and continue to bring significant projects that impact Chicago both artistically and economically.'

He looks like a nice man. It’s too bad he’s not more prepared to bash a few heads when necessary.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Did they get his car?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
He looks like a nice man. It’s too bad he’s not more prepared to bash a few heads when necessary.
He was one more propagandist stirring up race hatreds, when Ms. Beetlejuice hired him to craft OFFICIAL propaganda.

Zero pfux given.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
He was one more propagandist stirring up race hatreds, when Ms. Beetlejuice hired him to craft OFFICIAL propaganda.

Zero pfux given.

I guess I was judging him based on his photo with the kids. Providing he’s not a pedophile, he just looked like a happy dad or granddad. I might have him wrong.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I guess I was judging him based on his photo with the kids. Providing he’s not a pedophile, he just looked like a happy dad or granddad. I might have him wrong.
Leftist Elites seldom live as they tell us we should live.

He found a lucrative occupation making films that push Leftist filth.

That doesn't mean he believes it.

I've known a few blacks. Many of them were churchgoing, grounded people...but what they believed, for their families and about life and God, didn't mesh with what they parroted back (the Leftist Narrative) when asked, or how they voted.

To say that that is a failing, is an understatement.

This guy made this failing into a career. What you sow, you reap.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
FACT: Just more black on black crime.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
East Carondelet is a few hours or so southwest of Chicago but it is in Illinois like Chicago is and is another hilarious political situation so common to Illinois these days. Have a good laugh...I know I did

Man who received pardon for felony arson and became fire chief is now also a police officer​

Man who received pardon for felony arson and became fire chief is now also a police officer

An East Carondelet police car is pictured this week. (Capitol News Illinois photo by Beth Hundsdorfer)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022

State board shows Jerame Simmons joined the force March 14​

By BETH HUNDSDORFER
Capitol News Illinois
bhundsdorfer@capitolnewsillinois.com

Jerame Simmons spent nearly 24 years as a convicted felon after pleading guilty to arson in 1999 until a 2021 pardon cleared that record and allowed him to head the department that put out the fire he started.

Now, he’s not only a fire chief, but also a part-time police officer, allowed to make arrests, carry a gun and use lethal force if warranted.

A plea deal allowed him to avoid prison time 24 years ago, but the prohibitions that come with a felony conviction would stand in the way of a public safety career and gun ownership.

That all changed with a May pardon from Gov. JB Pritzker, which followed a string of other favorable decisions from police, prosecutors and judges that allowed Simmons to avoid prosecution or conviction in other cases.

After that pardon, Simmons became the fire chief for the Prairie Du Pont Fire Department, where he previously served as a volunteer firefighter when he pleaded guilty to setting fire to an abandoned home when he was 18 years old. His hire prompted a mass resignation by firefighters from the department.

Last month, he also became a part-time police officer in his small hometown of East Carondelet, just across the river from St. Louis, where his father has served as mayor for more than three decades.

Simmons did not return calls for comment.

The timing of Simmons’ employment is fortuitous for him. Starting July 1, officers must have completed nine months of training before starting work. Because he was hired before the July 1 deadline, he has full police powers and can begin work immediately. He must complete nine months of training within his first 18 months of employment.

According to the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, Simmons joined the force on March 14 and completed his firearms training on March 23. Although the pardon did not restore Simmons’ firearm privileges, a federal law exempts police officers from having to obtain a Firearm Owners Identification Card or concealed carry license.

Background checks are largely up to the counties and municipalities doing the hiring and are usually required by most local police departments. Simmons’ father, Herb Simmons, is the longtime mayor of East Carondelet, a village of 500 that borders the Mississippi River on one side and a railroad depot on the other.

Herb Simmons also formerly served as the town’s police chief. He is currently head of the St. Clair County Emergency Management Agency and he sits on several influential boards in the Metro East region.

Herb Simmons did not return a call for comment.

The charges

It was after school on a Thursday, Jan. 15, 1998. Toilet paper and ceiling tiles were piled in a heap in the basement of Dupo High School and set on fire, causing minor damage.

Nine days after that fire, St. Clair County sheriff’s deputies received a report that a white van had turned on emergency lights and stopped a vehicle.

The men in the stopped vehicle told police that the van’s driver approached them and asked if they had alcohol, then displayed a badge and told them he was a U.S. marshal. Deputies later found Simmons behind the wheel of a white Chevrolet Astro Van, registered to his father, Herb Simmons, who served as a deputy U.S. Marshal.

On Feb 13, 1998, a vacant house was set on fire.

Police stopped Simmons and questioned him after a neighbor identified a white van leaving the area after the fire started. Simmons was driving a white van – and responding to the fire call in his capacity as a volunteer firefighter – when he pulled up at the Prairie Du Pont Fire Department.

The Illinois Fire Marshal’s report from 1998 stated a 5-gallon gas can was found on the home’s first floor, flares were found in three different locations, and evidence of accelerant was found on the stairs of the home.

Gloves and a coat taken from Simmons had the odor of gas, and Simmons’ cousin told police Simmons started the fire. The house had been set on fire three times before.

Simmons eventually confessed to a St. Clair County detective, but Simmons said the officer “acted like a jerk” and lied to him to leverage the confession.

After his arrest, Simmons was charged with starting the fire at Dupo High School a month before the fire at the vacant house. He was also charged with unlawfully using the emergency light.

In the case at the high school, Simmons was charged with a Class X felony – the most serious felony – because he knew that there was a woman in the building when the fire was set, according to court records.

In a plea agreement, the school fire charge was dismissed and Simmons pleaded guilty to the arson charge related to the vacant home. Under the terms of the deal, Simmons received four years of probation on the arson charge related to the vacant home. He received another 30 months of probation for the unlawful use of an emergency light.

Those charges were expunged after the pardon was signed by Gov. JB Pritzker on May 19, 2021.

The fight

Three years before that pardon, Jerame Simmons told a strip club bouncer that he was a cop, according to a police report.

The bouncer at the Sauget club ejected Simmons’ wife, who had had an altercation with another patron, the report stated. The report stated the bouncer said Simmons accosted him, told him that he was a police officer, then pulled a gun.

Simmons later denied that he pulled a firearm, stating that he shook his fist at the bouncer while holding a vape cigarette.

Police did not review the surveillance video because they took the word of the club manager, who said Simmons was not holding a gun.

Simmons was not a police officer at the time.

Simmons was charged with disorderly conduct and sentenced to 90 days probation.

Simmons has faced other charges over the years as well, including a 2006 charge of leaving the scene of an accident, to which he pleaded guilty and received six months supervision; a 2009 charge of obstructing a police officer, to which he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to conditional discharge; and a 2016 disorderly conduct charge to which he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation.

He has also had multiple charges dismissed, including a 2006 charge of violating an order of protection, a 2008 charge of impersonating a police officer, and two 2008 charges of violating an order of protection.

These charges cannot be seen on Simmons’ public record, but were listed in the petition for clemency and in previous news coverage about the fight at the strip club.

Public safety record

Simmons was interested in law enforcement early on, according to his clemency petition.

He joined the Boy Scout Explorers at the East Carondelet Police Department when he was still in high school.

He trained with a K-9 Officer, searched for missing kids and started a Boy Scout Police Explorer program. He received first responder, firefighter and police safety commissions, as well as University of Illinois and Federal Emergency Management Association certificates.

He served as director of the Public Safety Department of Emergency Services for East Carondelet in 2005. He volunteered with the Golden Garden, Valmeyer and Prairie DuPont fire departments. He was acting fire chief for the Brooklyn Fire Protection District.

In May, he asked the governor for another chance – a clean slate to pursue a career in public safety.

“I know that kids do stupid things, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time is all it takes. I am a perfect example,” Simmons wrote in his petition. “I have lived this nightmare for a long time and I am asking for your forgiveness.”

Capitol News Illinois is a nonprofit, nonpartisan news service covering state government that is distributed to more than 400 newspapers statewide. It is funded primarily by the Illinois Press Foundation and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
East Carondelet is a few hours or so southwest of Chicago but it is in Illinois like Chicago is and is another hilarious political situation so common to Illinois these days. Have a good laugh...I know I did

Man who received pardon for felony arson and became fire chief is now also a police officer​

Man who received pardon for felony arson and became fire chief is now also a police officer

An East Carondelet police car is pictured this week. (Capitol News Illinois photo by Beth Hundsdorfer)
Wednesday, April 13, 2022

State board shows Jerame Simmons joined the force March 14​

By BETH HUNDSDORFER
Capitol News Illinois
bhundsdorfer@capitolnewsillinois.com

Jerame Simmons spent nearly 24 years as a convicted felon after pleading guilty to arson in 1999 until a 2021 pardon cleared that record and allowed him to head the department that put out the fire he started.

Now, he’s not only a fire chief, but also a part-time police officer, allowed to make arrests, carry a gun and use lethal force if warranted.

A plea deal allowed him to avoid prison time 24 years ago, but the prohibitions that come with a felony conviction would stand in the way of a public safety career and gun ownership.

That all changed with a May pardon from Gov. JB Pritzker, which followed a string of other favorable decisions from police, prosecutors and judges that allowed Simmons to avoid prosecution or conviction in other cases.

After that pardon, Simmons became the fire chief for the Prairie Du Pont Fire Department, where he previously served as a volunteer firefighter when he pleaded guilty to setting fire to an abandoned home when he was 18 years old. His hire prompted a mass resignation by firefighters from the department.

Last month, he also became a part-time police officer in his small hometown of East Carondelet, just across the river from St. Louis, where his father has served as mayor for more than three decades.

Simmons did not return calls for comment.

The timing of Simmons’ employment is fortuitous for him. Starting July 1, officers must have completed nine months of training before starting work. Because he was hired before the July 1 deadline, he has full police powers and can begin work immediately. He must complete nine months of training within his first 18 months of employment.

According to the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, Simmons joined the force on March 14 and completed his firearms training on March 23. Although the pardon did not restore Simmons’ firearm privileges, a federal law exempts police officers from having to obtain a Firearm Owners Identification Card or concealed carry license.

Background checks are largely up to the counties and municipalities doing the hiring and are usually required by most local police departments. Simmons’ father, Herb Simmons, is the longtime mayor of East Carondelet, a village of 500 that borders the Mississippi River on one side and a railroad depot on the other.

Herb Simmons also formerly served as the town’s police chief. He is currently head of the St. Clair County Emergency Management Agency and he sits on several influential boards in the Metro East region.

Herb Simmons did not return a call for comment.

The charges

It was after school on a Thursday, Jan. 15, 1998. Toilet paper and ceiling tiles were piled in a heap in the basement of Dupo High School and set on fire, causing minor damage.

Nine days after that fire, St. Clair County sheriff’s deputies received a report that a white van had turned on emergency lights and stopped a vehicle.

The men in the stopped vehicle told police that the van’s driver approached them and asked if they had alcohol, then displayed a badge and told them he was a U.S. marshal. Deputies later found Simmons behind the wheel of a white Chevrolet Astro Van, registered to his father, Herb Simmons, who served as a deputy U.S. Marshal.

On Feb 13, 1998, a vacant house was set on fire.

Police stopped Simmons and questioned him after a neighbor identified a white van leaving the area after the fire started. Simmons was driving a white van – and responding to the fire call in his capacity as a volunteer firefighter – when he pulled up at the Prairie Du Pont Fire Department.

The Illinois Fire Marshal’s report from 1998 stated a 5-gallon gas can was found on the home’s first floor, flares were found in three different locations, and evidence of accelerant was found on the stairs of the home.

Gloves and a coat taken from Simmons had the odor of gas, and Simmons’ cousin told police Simmons started the fire. The house had been set on fire three times before.

Simmons eventually confessed to a St. Clair County detective, but Simmons said the officer “acted like a jerk” and lied to him to leverage the confession.

After his arrest, Simmons was charged with starting the fire at Dupo High School a month before the fire at the vacant house. He was also charged with unlawfully using the emergency light.

In the case at the high school, Simmons was charged with a Class X felony – the most serious felony – because he knew that there was a woman in the building when the fire was set, according to court records.

In a plea agreement, the school fire charge was dismissed and Simmons pleaded guilty to the arson charge related to the vacant home. Under the terms of the deal, Simmons received four years of probation on the arson charge related to the vacant home. He received another 30 months of probation for the unlawful use of an emergency light.

Those charges were expunged after the pardon was signed by Gov. JB Pritzker on May 19, 2021.

The fight

Three years before that pardon, Jerame Simmons told a strip club bouncer that he was a cop, according to a police report.

The bouncer at the Sauget club ejected Simmons’ wife, who had had an altercation with another patron, the report stated. The report stated the bouncer said Simmons accosted him, told him that he was a police officer, then pulled a gun.

Simmons later denied that he pulled a firearm, stating that he shook his fist at the bouncer while holding a vape cigarette.

Police did not review the surveillance video because they took the word of the club manager, who said Simmons was not holding a gun.

Simmons was not a police officer at the time.

Simmons was charged with disorderly conduct and sentenced to 90 days probation.

Simmons has faced other charges over the years as well, including a 2006 charge of leaving the scene of an accident, to which he pleaded guilty and received six months supervision; a 2009 charge of obstructing a police officer, to which he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to conditional discharge; and a 2016 disorderly conduct charge to which he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation.

He has also had multiple charges dismissed, including a 2006 charge of violating an order of protection, a 2008 charge of impersonating a police officer, and two 2008 charges of violating an order of protection.

These charges cannot be seen on Simmons’ public record, but were listed in the petition for clemency and in previous news coverage about the fight at the strip club.

Public safety record

Simmons was interested in law enforcement early on, according to his clemency petition.

He joined the Boy Scout Explorers at the East Carondelet Police Department when he was still in high school.

He trained with a K-9 Officer, searched for missing kids and started a Boy Scout Police Explorer program. He received first responder, firefighter and police safety commissions, as well as University of Illinois and Federal Emergency Management Association certificates.

He served as director of the Public Safety Department of Emergency Services for East Carondelet in 2005. He volunteered with the Golden Garden, Valmeyer and Prairie DuPont fire departments. He was acting fire chief for the Brooklyn Fire Protection District.

In May, he asked the governor for another chance – a clean slate to pursue a career in public safety.

“I know that kids do stupid things, but being in the wrong place at the wrong time is all it takes. I am a perfect example,” Simmons wrote in his petition. “I have lived this nightmare for a long time and I am asking for your forgiveness.”

Capitol News Illinois is a nonprofit, nonpartisan news service covering state government that is distributed to more than 400 newspapers statewide. It is funded primarily by the Illinois Press Foundation and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.

Glorifying, praising and rewarding criminals is standard operating procedure for the communist city leaders and many of the commie state governors. We all know it but for some reason, we just continue to tolerate it

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The mayor said Chicago cannot 'arrest ourselves' out of public safety problems
Is that because almost everyone in Chicago would end up getting arrested?

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Massacre as Usual in Chicago​

Mayor Lightfoot presides over a routine weekend shooting spree.​

im-545346

First responders move a shooting victim to an ambulance on Adams Street near State Street in downtown Chicago on Saturday, May 14, 2022.​

The shooting in Buffalo on Saturday has horrified Americans, but it was massacre as usual in Chicago this weekend and few outside the Windy City noticed.
At least 33 people were shot, five fatally, according to police. Five of the victims were in the 1st police district, which covers the downtown Loop and Near South Side. The city’s daily mayhem isn’t limited to high-crime neighborhoods but has spread to busy commercial areas. Shootings in the 1st district are up 60% over last year.
Sixteen-year-old Seandell Holliday was shot in the chest and killed in downtown Millennium Park. He’s the 97th child shot and 20th slain this year. The previous weekend 24 people were shot, six fatally.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Chicago’s politicians haven’t stopped the violence, and on Sunday she announced that unaccompanied minors will no longer be allowed in Millennium Park after 6 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Chicago has long had an 11 p.m. city-wide curfew for minors, but Ms. Lightfoot said on Monday that she would bump it up to 10 p.m. on the weekends.

“This restriction aims to build a culture of care in our public spaces instead of using police enforcement to criminalize our youth,” the mayor’s spokeswoman Kate LeFurgy told us.
If you want to understand Chicago’s public-order problem in a nutshell, there it is. Normal policing is considered criminalizing youth, as opposed to getting criminals off the streets. Instead the mayor won’t let unaccompanied teens visit a city park alone in the evenings on weekends. Does anyone really believe this will make a difference, assuming it is even enforced?
Between 2020 and 2021, Chicago cut its police budget by some $63 million. The city has since restored and increased funding, but it has also reduced the size of its authorized police force by eliminating more than 600 vacancies between 2019 and 2022.
The cops know they lack political support to do their dangerous jobs and have responded by resigning and retiring en masse. Chicago now has 1,343 fewer sworn officers than it did in May 2020. Get ready for more bloody weekends this summer.
In Chicago last year, 797 people were murdered and 4,375 were shot, increases of 60% and nearly 69% compared to 2019. The city has seen 207 homicides so far this year—including Holliday and four others killed over the past weekend.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Massacre as Usual in Chicago​

Mayor Lightfoot presides over a routine weekend shooting spree.​

im-545346

First responders move a shooting victim to an ambulance on Adams Street near State Street in downtown Chicago on Saturday, May 14, 2022.​

The shooting in Buffalo on Saturday has horrified Americans, but it was massacre as usual in Chicago this weekend and few outside the Windy City noticed.
At least 33 people were shot, five fatally, according to police. Five of the victims were in the 1st police district, which covers the downtown Loop and Near South Side. The city’s daily mayhem isn’t limited to high-crime neighborhoods but has spread to busy commercial areas. Shootings in the 1st district are up 60% over last year.
Sixteen-year-old Seandell Holliday was shot in the chest and killed in downtown Millennium Park. He’s the 97th child shot and 20th slain this year. The previous weekend 24 people were shot, six fatally.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Chicago’s politicians haven’t stopped the violence, and on Sunday she announced that unaccompanied minors will no longer be allowed in Millennium Park after 6 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Chicago has long had an 11 p.m. city-wide curfew for minors, but Ms. Lightfoot said on Monday that she would bump it up to 10 p.m. on the weekends.

“This restriction aims to build a culture of care in our public spaces instead of using police enforcement to criminalize our youth,” the mayor’s spokeswoman Kate LeFurgy told us.
If you want to understand Chicago’s public-order problem in a nutshell, there it is. Normal policing is considered criminalizing youth, as opposed to getting criminals off the streets. Instead the mayor won’t let unaccompanied teens visit a city park alone in the evenings on weekends. Does anyone really believe this will make a difference, assuming it is even enforced?
Between 2020 and 2021, Chicago cut its police budget by some $63 million. The city has since restored and increased funding, but it has also reduced the size of its authorized police force by eliminating more than 600 vacancies between 2019 and 2022.
The cops know they lack political support to do their dangerous jobs and have responded by resigning and retiring en masse. Chicago now has 1,343 fewer sworn officers than it did in May 2020. Get ready for more bloody weekends this summer.
In Chicago last year, 797 people were murdered and 4,375 were shot, increases of 60% and nearly 69% compared to 2019. The city has seen 207 homicides so far this year—including Holliday and four others killed over the past weekend.
"33 people"

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
CWBChicago
@CWBChicago
Just in: Court records show the man being sought for shooting a #Chicago police officer yesterday was charged with felony firearm possession in October 2020. Cook County prosecutors dropped the case in February.
That should be a civil suit action and lead to a criminal charge(s).

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
And while everyone is in an uproar about the school shooting.

Chicago shootings: 47 shot, 9 fatally over Memorial Day weekend, CPD says​

CPD Supt. David Brown says violent crime is down after most violent Memorial Day weekend in city in recent years

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
And while everyone is in an uproar about the school shooting.

Chicago shootings: 47 shot, 9 fatally over Memorial Day weekend, CPD says​

CPD Supt. David Brown says violent crime is down after most violent Memorial Day weekend in city in recent years

"Non-mass" shootings are a far more urgent problem than so-called mass shootings.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Shootings of Chicago police officers prompt calls for crackdown, gun reform
1654689456335.png

By PETER HANCOCK
Capitol News Illinois
phancock@capitolnewsillinois.com

SPRINGFIELD – Gov. JB Pritzker indicated Monday he would be willing to deploy the National Guard to help deal with a violent crime spree in Chicago, but only if he’s asked to do so.

“Well, I think you know that I have called up the National Guard whenever local mayors that I've spoken to have wanted that done, have needed that done in their local communities,” Pritzker said at a Monday morning news conference. “And I'll continue to make the National Guard available whenever it is necessary.”

His comments came when reporters asked him to respond to a statement from Republican gubernatorial candidate Jesse Sullivan, who called on the Democratic incumbent to issue a disaster declaration in Chicago and deploy the National Guard to help quell the city’s violence.

“Somehow, 28 months in (to the pandemic), JB Pritzker is still signing monthly COVID disaster proclamations, but he is unwilling or unable to act on an even more pressing crisis – the senseless violence ravaging the streets of Chicago,” Sullivan, a venture capitalist from Petersburg, said in a statement. “If Pritzker says that COVID is still an emergency but police shootings aren’t, he needs to open his eyes.”

Sullivan’s statement came after two Chicago police officers and a deputy U.S. marshal were shot and wounded in the city in less than a week.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the most recent shooting of an officer happened Sunday afternoon in the Englewood neighborhood on the city’s south side where an officer was shot and wounded during a brief exchange of gunfire following a traffic stop.

On Wednesday, June 1, a female officer was shot and wounded in that same neighborhood while attempting to make a traffic stop. And on Thursday, a U.S. marshals officer and a police dog were shot and wounded while trying to make an arrest on the city’s northwest side.

According to statistics from the Chicago Police Department, as of Monday there had been 232 murders in the city so far this year and 952 shooting incidents. And while those numbers are down from the same period last year, the overall rate of major crimes in the city is up 35 percent.

In a statement, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the recent shootings highlight the need for stronger federal action on gun control.

“Let me say again, every single day, on every watch, our brave men and women of the Chicago Police Department risk their lives for our safety,” she said. “But I must ask again, when is enough, enough? Are we not fed up with the catastrophic consequences of having too many illegal guns readily available to criminals, the mentally ill, and juveniles? How many times must I, and my fellow mayors across the country, plead with the Senate to take action and end the easy access to illegal guns?”

The crime rate in Illinois, and Chicago in particular, has become a major issue in this year’s race for governor where Pritzker is campaigning for reelection against a field of Republicans who have been critical of his record on public safety. Republicans will choose their candidate in the June 28 primary.

Most notably, GOP candidates have criticized him for signing the 2021 criminal justice reform bill known as the Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today, or SAFE-T Act, which, among other things, ends the use of cash bail starting Jan. 1, 2023, expands the rights of people held in jail or detained by law enforcement, establishes new certification and decertification standards for officers, imposes new use-of-force standards and expands the use of police body cameras.

Even though many provisions of that law have not yet taken effect, Republicans have nevertheless tried to blame it for the rising crime rate and for a large number of resignations and early retirements of law enforcement officers throughout the state.

But speaking at another media event Monday in Chicago, Pritzker defended his record in supporting law enforcement.

“I want to remind you that we've made major investments in support of police, in particular in building back our Illinois State Police, which provides so many officers to back up Chicago Police Department, as well as police departments all over our state,” he said.

Pritzker went on to say that he also has called out National Guard forces whenever he was asked to do so by local officials, including the city of Aurora after being asked to do so by its mayor, Richard Irvin, who is also a Republican candidate for governor.

“And I will tell you that I have never hesitated when asked by local law enforcement by local mayors to provide help from the National Guard,” he said. “I've never, ever hesitated to do that. I've done that several times.”

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
As long as the leftists protect the urban Africans nothing will change and the commie utopia in their cesspool cities will continue unabated.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Shootings of Chicago police officers prompt calls for crackdown, gun reformView attachment 262995

By PETER HANCOCK
Capitol News Illinois
phancock@capitolnewsillinois.com

SPRINGFIELD – Gov. JB Pritzker indicated Monday he would be willing to deploy the National Guard to help deal with a violent crime spree in Chicago, but only if he’s asked to do so.

“Well, I think you know that I have called up the National Guard whenever local mayors that I've spoken to have wanted that done, have needed that done in their local communities,” Pritzker said at a Monday morning news conference. “And I'll continue to make the National Guard available whenever it is necessary.”

His comments came when reporters asked him to respond to a statement from Republican gubernatorial candidate Jesse Sullivan, who called on the Democratic incumbent to issue a disaster declaration in Chicago and deploy the National Guard to help quell the city’s violence.

“Somehow, 28 months in (to the pandemic), JB Pritzker is still signing monthly COVID disaster proclamations, but he is unwilling or unable to act on an even more pressing crisis – the senseless violence ravaging the streets of Chicago,” Sullivan, a venture capitalist from Petersburg, said in a statement. “If Pritzker says that COVID is still an emergency but police shootings aren’t, he needs to open his eyes.”

Sullivan’s statement came after two Chicago police officers and a deputy U.S. marshal were shot and wounded in the city in less than a week.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the most recent shooting of an officer happened Sunday afternoon in the Englewood neighborhood on the city’s south side where an officer was shot and wounded during a brief exchange of gunfire following a traffic stop.

On Wednesday, June 1, a female officer was shot and wounded in that same neighborhood while attempting to make a traffic stop. And on Thursday, a U.S. marshals officer and a police dog were shot and wounded while trying to make an arrest on the city’s northwest side.

According to statistics from the Chicago Police Department, as of Monday there had been 232 murders in the city so far this year and 952 shooting incidents. And while those numbers are down from the same period last year, the overall rate of major crimes in the city is up 35 percent.

In a statement, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the recent shootings highlight the need for stronger federal action on gun control.

“Let me say again, every single day, on every watch, our brave men and women of the Chicago Police Department risk their lives for our safety,” she said. “But I must ask again, when is enough, enough? Are we not fed up with the catastrophic consequences of having too many illegal guns readily available to criminals, the mentally ill, and juveniles? How many times must I, and my fellow mayors across the country, plead with the Senate to take action and end the easy access to illegal guns?”

The crime rate in Illinois, and Chicago in particular, has become a major issue in this year’s race for governor where Pritzker is campaigning for reelection against a field of Republicans who have been critical of his record on public safety. Republicans will choose their candidate in the June 28 primary.

Most notably, GOP candidates have criticized him for signing the 2021 criminal justice reform bill known as the Safety, Accountability, Fairness and Equity-Today, or SAFE-T Act, which, among other things, ends the use of cash bail starting Jan. 1, 2023, expands the rights of people held in jail or detained by law enforcement, establishes new certification and decertification standards for officers, imposes new use-of-force standards and expands the use of police body cameras.

Even though many provisions of that law have not yet taken effect, Republicans have nevertheless tried to blame it for the rising crime rate and for a large number of resignations and early retirements of law enforcement officers throughout the state.

But speaking at another media event Monday in Chicago, Pritzker defended his record in supporting law enforcement.

“I want to remind you that we've made major investments in support of police, in particular in building back our Illinois State Police, which provides so many officers to back up Chicago Police Department, as well as police departments all over our state,” he said.

Pritzker went on to say that he also has called out National Guard forces whenever he was asked to do so by local officials, including the city of Aurora after being asked to do so by its mayor, Richard Irvin, who is also a Republican candidate for governor.

“And I will tell you that I have never hesitated when asked by local law enforcement by local mayors to provide help from the National Guard,” he said. “I've never, ever hesitated to do that. I've done that several times.”

Hey...maybe they should disarm cops!

After all...it's The Science, that nobody needs a gun to defend himself. That probably includes cops, right? Bring a gun to a violent situation, and you just have more mass-shootings. So, APPEASEMENT! SURRENDER! Stay at home...or in the police station; do NOT have arms, and maybe the nice thugs will leave you alone.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nuke it. Problem solved. Sorry to the 10 or so good people there.
I've taken flack, here and elsewhere, in my (admittedly uninformed) opinion that Russian hypersonic systemic nuking, of American Organized cities, would be the best outcome for everyone. I'm not advocating nuclear war; but pResident Potatohead sure wants to goad Vlad into one.

Rather than timid symbolic strikes in Ukraine, go where the true evil is. It pains me to say it...but it's right here, with our Elites. As well as in Davos and the Cayman Islands; but here is where the decision was made, to sell souls for Western Oligarchs' support.

About four hypersonic launches should do it. The Beltway; Shitcago; Renton, Washington, and Manhattan.

PROBLEM SOLVED. The other Chocolate Cities will starve in the chaos - depopulating the CORRECT way. Decent people can get on with their lives. Which will be hard, no doubt, and entail a lot of rebuilding; but that's inescapable now anyway.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score