• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Meanwhile in Chicongo

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I wonder what the ratios are, White on White, Black on Black, Hispanic/ Latino, Mix, which Gangs involved.
Probably the vast majority will be gang related but it would be nice to see the numbers for each.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I wonder what the ratios are, White on White, Black on Black, Hispanic/ Latino, Mix, which Gangs involved.
Probably the vast majority will be gang related but it would be nice to see the numbers for each.
Do you think these travesties could be avoided if the criminal justice system actually enforced current regulations? We all know that the guns themselves are not the problem. It is the illegal acquisition of firearms by bad actors that is the problem. How can we enforce our current laws?

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Do you think these travesties could be avoided if the criminal justice system actually enforced current regulations? We all know that the guns themselves are not the problem. It is the illegal acquisition of firearms by bad actors that is the problem. How can we enforce our current laws?
You can't, they're all humans with human traits and human faults! The people in DC and the state offices are too busy trying to overthrow the current president to be bothered with the rule of law

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Here ya' go GB.

https://heyjackass.com/

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Indianoplace had 7 shot last night

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Da Bears won 31-24 . ( yeah! )
:tired:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The entire state is turning commie but the homies will be able to keep their guns!

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...posts/63-f0e76d19-ba23-4fb7-9dfb-867c492d536b

LOCAL

Illinois bill would allow for gun ownership to be disqualified based on alarming social posts
If passed, this bill would allow police to disqualify an individual from purchasing a gun and even revoke a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card if any information on the social media accounts was found alarming.

Author: Abby Urbanek
Published: 1:14 PM CST February 11, 2019
Updated: 3:04 PM CST February 11, 2019

CHICAGO – Illinois state Rep. Daniel Didech has proposed a law that would require police to screen the social media accounts of potential gun buyers.
If passed, this bill would allow police to disqualify an individual from purchasing a gun and even revoke a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card if any information on the social media accounts was found alarming.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1st Amendment be damned...

I wonder which ministry of government department defines 'alarming'...?
Anything.

Don't ANY of these assholes ever even LOOK at the Constitution???

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Illinois bill would allow for gun ownership to be disqualified based on alarming social posts
I don't mean to defend this action in any way, and like any other government program, it would eventually be misued to ensnare poeple it wasn't meant to apply to. Having said that, the people who post things that this bill is aimed at are just plain stupid, and there might be a good argument against stupid people having guns. Similar to Trump exposing the RINOs, social media is exposing dumb people.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I don't mean to defend this action in any way, and like any other government program, it would eventually be misued to ensnare poeple it wasn't meant to apply to. Having said that, the people who post things that this bill is aimed at are just plain stupid, and there might be a good argument against stupid people having guns. Similar to Trump exposing the RINOs, social media is exposing dumb people.
The 2nd Amendment contains no wording to the effect "except stupid people."

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Don't ANY of these assholes ever even LOOK at the Constitution???
Yeah, They do. The U.N. and the USSR Constitution with maybe a smattering of Red Commie Chinese thrown in for good measure.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
More bad news, Da Bears lost tonight.

Larry Elder
@larryelder

·36m
With all of that city’s leftwing firepower--Barack Obama, Bill Ayers, Rahm Emanuel, Rev. Louis Farrakhan, Father Pfleger, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Rev. Jeremiah Wright—why isn’t Chicago a shining city on a hill? #Chicago
Quote Tweet

Breaking911
@Breaking911
MASS SHOOTING CHICAGO: At least 13 people were shot on Chicago's South Side early Sunday - at a memorial for someone who died from gun violence earlier this year. It happened on the 5700 block of South May Street in Englewood. 4 victims are critical.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This is great. A “house party” that was being held in a vacant unit was a celebration of life for the nice fellow who decided to Armed carjack a guy in his BMW in downtown Chicago. Unfortunately for the carjacker, who the party was in honor of, that BMW owner was also a CCL holder and was able to end the threat right then and there. Seems like violence follows this guy even in death. None the less we hear once again allegations indicating it was the gun's fault once again. Black lives matter you know.

13 people shot at Chicago house party; pastor laments mass violence ‘just another shooting’
John BaconGrace Hauck
USA TODAY
CHICAGO – Gunmen opened fire at a house party on the city's South Side early Sunday, wounding 13 people and sparking bedlam as partygoers fleeing for safety encountered more shooting on the street outside, police said.
Patrol Chief Fred Waller said two "persons of interest" were being questioned. One was armed with a revolver and the other had suffered a gunshot wound at the party in the Englewood neighborhood, he said.
"There was a dispute where shots were fired inside," Waller said. "The people started to spill out, and as they spilled out more shots were fired. So we have about three (shooting) scenes."
Waller said the party was a memorial for someone who had been killed in April. He described a "chaotic" scene but said officers arrived within minutes and were assisting the wounded before ambulances arrived. Some of the outside shooting was caught on police surveillance video, he said.
"Definitely there were two different shooters,” Waller said. “It looked like they were just shooting randomly at people as they exited the party.”
Mayor Lori Lightfoot visited some of the victims at University of Chicago Hospital and urged people with information about the shooting to come forward to police. She also urged community leaders and neighbors to rally support for families suffering from gun violence.
"People deserve to live their lives without fear of someone pulling out a gun," she said. "Especially in a moment of reflection and remembrance during the holiday season."
The Rev. Michael Pfleger, senior pastor at nearby Saint Sabina Church, said that too often guns are used to express "pain, anger and frustration."
"They were gathered to remember someone else who was Killed," Pfleger said on Facebook. "So this is how we remember??? When do we end this GUN MADNESS? Anywhere else in the Country this is a Mass Shooting, in Chicago it's just Another Shooting."

The victims' ages ranged from 16 to 48, Waller said, and the violence appeared to stem from a personal dispute as opposed to a gang-related attack.
Terrence Daniely, who lives nearby, told ABC7-TV he was awakened by the gunfire.
"I heard the sounds of people screaming and running from a party on the street," he said. "The police response was amazing, it seemed like there were 100 police officers running to the scene."
Alderman Stephanie Coleman said she went to the scene after receiving phone calls from several nearby residents. She said the party apparently had taken place in a vacant unit.
Coleman said she was concerned for kids and for seniors living on the "wonderful" block.
"I saw disappointment, I saw frustration, I saw fear," she said. "I saw lots of concerned neighbors getting to the bottom of it."
Not all the recent crime news in Chicago has been negative. Police say violent crime is down in 2019, and the department has forecast a double-digit percentage decline in shootings and homicides for the third straight year.
Still, about 475 homicides have been reported this year. And last month the city reached a dark milestone when the number of illegal gun seizures for the year reached a stunning 10,000.
Pfleger told USA TODAY that guns have become "a part of the American wardrobe" and called for federal legislation to curb easy access to firearms.
"Too many disputes are reconciled by weapons," Waller said. "There are too many weapons on the street."

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Chicago City is right up there with New York City and Los Angeles City with the MOST stringent gun laws in the nation.

Guess going against the 2nd Amendment NEVER works, does it?

All of them are created MURDERVILLES by the scared politicans.

Perhaps if the foolish liberal city fathers could use logic they would see that they as FOOLS just armed up the outlaws and left their citizens ALL to go to hell.

ONLY give-aways, making them homeless, free lunches, and keeping the people down-and-out fit in those foolish cities...

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
ONLY give-aways, making them homeless, free lunches, and keeping the people down-and-out fit in those foolish cities...
Jails have fights, Prisons have fights, Detention Centers have fights. They all are living on the Free Shit Society program of incarceration.
You don't hear of fights in working factories and manufacturing. You don't here about fights in Fed Ex, UPS and it has been a while since the USPS had anyone going "Postal".
You don't see salespeople physically fighting over a customer....
So, People who work for a living have better things to do with their time than to be involved in fights and riots. JMHO

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Jails have fights, Prisons have fights, Detention Centers have fights. They all are living on the Free Shit Society program of incarceration.
You don't hear of fights in working factories and manufacturing. You don't here about fights in Fed Ex, UPS and it has been a while since the USPS had anyone going "Postal".
You don't see salespeople physically fighting over a customer....
So, People who work for a living have better things to do with their time than to be involved in fights and riots. JMHO
1579981899572.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Chicago City is right up there with New York City and Los Angeles City with the MOST stringent gun laws in the nation.

Guess going against the 2nd Amendment NEVER works, does it?

All of them are created MURDERVILLES by the scared politicans.

Perhaps if the foolish liberal city fathers could use logic they would see that they as FOOLS just armed up the outlaws and left their citizens ALL to go to hell.

Bolsheviks and logic don't mix!

The wife and I spent a couple of months in 2010 in the Chicago are during the spring, maybe it was where we stayed but it didn't seem to be a cesspool at all, very similar to Melbourne or Brisbane here in Australia.

Has it become that bad in the following ten years?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
not chicago....but lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/birmingham-kfc-serving-from-chicken-wire-barrier-153159663.html

KFC branch serves customers through wire fence after months of fights and attacks on staff

Bosses have now opted to install vertical metal bars along the serving counter, with five strips of ‘chicken wire’ style fencing running between customers and staff.

Management made the move following a series of serious incidents in the KFC branch over the past year.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Bosses have now opted to install vertical metal bars along the serving counter, with five strips of ‘chicken wire’ style fencing running between customers and staff.
How appropriate... serving chicken through chicken wire....

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The wife and I spent a couple of months in 2010 in the Chicago are during the spring, maybe it was where we stayed but it didn't seem to be a cesspool at all, very similar to Melbourne or Brisbane here in Australia.
It's highly dependent on location. The tourist promoted areas, like Michigan Ave., look beautiful. The museums are first rate. Then there's the rest of the city behind the curtain. I can't speak to 10 years ago, but compared to 60 years ago when I lived there, the city is a dirty cesspool. When I lived there, it all felt normal. Only after I was gone for a few months did I realize how dirty and unfriendly it was. The political system has been totally corrupt from before when I was born. By coincidence, it's all democrats running the place.