• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Meanwhile, in the Canaries...

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This whole Canary Island thing is intriguing. In my woo-woo mind it reminds me of 9/11. You know, you call for help. Same thing here, the canary in the coalmine. All hell is about to break loose. Not that I think it will. Just seems parallel to me.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

USGS Warns Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Erupting In "Full Swing"​

the earth seems to be waking up. We had a 3.7 earthquake west of me 30 miles. I called the earthquake chic at CU boulder, she says I dunno man, no known fault lines where the quake was. she also says sometimes we find new faults, after quakes.

Im looking forward to some calamity, ive been bored for quite some time.

:robber:

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if it's NEAR or UNDER those "old vents", then there DOES EXIST a "big problem" - which NOBODY seems to be considering.
Anecdote. One afternoon I'm deep frying potatoes (husband loves home made fries) well, a grease fire started on the stove top. I grabbed at wet dishcloth to slap it out. The dishcloth EXPLODED out of my hand and the bang was immense. Shocking.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Anecdote. One afternoon I'm deep frying potatoes (husband loves home made fries) well, a grease fire started on the stove top. I grabbed at wet dishcloth to slap it out. The dishcloth EXPLODED out of my hand and the bang was immense. Shocking.
yep, don't mix oil & water... ever tried dropping some drops of water into boiling oil?...

DRY CLOTH...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Extreme closeup of lava entering the sea.

Lots of firey lava.

A huge chunk of rock floats down a river of lava.

What it looked like before the eruption.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can order one of these and have it delivered to Washington DC?

I was thinking more along the lines of arranging a series of congressional junkets; planeloads of Congresscritters, SES, lobbyists and other useless fed.gov leaches.

We must appease the angry climate change deities!

That might just balance the budget.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of arranging a series of congressional junkets; planeloads of Congresscritters, SES, lobbyists and other useless fed.gov leaches.

I don't hate the idea! :2 thumbs up:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Krakatoa's eruption resulted in two years of reduced sunlight hitting Earf. Two years of colder temperatures, from all the particulates tossed up.

I hope we get that. I want this Glow Bull Warming Narrative shoved right up their mmm-mmm-mmms...straight to their empty bellies and colons.

Between that and the Big Die-In that's ahead, it may well be a re-balancing.

Am I sounding like Klaus or Georg, now? We're on opposite sides, but I expect their solution to a non-problem, takes things our way.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bushcraft Bear's latest vid.

A "lava tsunami".

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is on the edge of the lava flow slapping a nice ribeye on it. 10 seconds on each side and it would be about perfect. Nice char too.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one is on the edge of the lava flow slapping a nice ribeye on it. 10 seconds on each side and it would be about perfect. Nice char too.
Some of that molten glass would probably stick to it, also.

I'll pass, thanks.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some of that molten glass would probably stick to it, also.
It's hot enough that you'd only have to get it close, wouldn't have to put it directly on it.

As fast as that stuff is flowing though, I doubt anyone would want to be anywhere near close enough to cook a steak on it. Let alone to suffer the noxious fumes that's coming from it.
In many of his vids he talks of the bad air, and he's a good ways away from it in most of his vids.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
When the EQ's start getting above 4.0 thats when it starts getting serious.

Increasing earthquake strength and increased lava flows. Yeah, that doesn't seem like a great trend to me.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Fast-flowing lava doesn't present a "huge danger", i.e. not a great "explosive risk", since it's "flowing freely" and not "concentrating explosive pressure".

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the "huge danger" would be in the case that the "magma chamber below" should heat up the OLD EMPTY VERTICAL VENTS from PREVIOUS ERUPTIONS... not really "empty" but FULL OF SEA WATER... in which case they would create "super-heated water" wanting to EXPAND INTO STEAM with great pressure, and risk CRACKING the side of the "chain of vents", which are in a straight line, just like "drill holes in cement" that you make to "split a slab of concrete"...

In which case HALF OF THE ISLAND could just COLLAPSE AT ONCE westward into the Atlantic Ocean, creating a HUGE INSTANT DISPLACEMENT of sea water.

Just consider that the Tsunami in Japan was caused by a 9 foot drop in a section of earth crust... not a MOUNTAIN dropping into the sea...

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also wonder about the massive displacement of material. That's one helluva lot of lava flowing out creating a vacuum.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some interesting views in this vid. Side by side thermal/visible images from a helicopter.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I also wonder about the massive displacement of material. That's one helluva lot of lava flowing out creating a vacuum.
I don't think that it works that way... It's relieving pressure... like a pressure cooker on your stove top, imho...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I don't think that it works that way... It's relieving pressure... like a pressure cooker on your stove top, imho...
The surface crust sinks accordingly. Probably, generally, in a wide area as to be minimally noticed.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Especially when ya consider that that the Earth is basically an 8000 mile diameter ball of lava with a thin crust on it. It's only about 20-30 miles thick.

The amount of lava comin' out of this volcano seems like a lot, and I'm as amazed by these vids as anyone else is, but in the grand scheme of things it's absolutely nothing compared to the amount of lava the Earth is capable of puking forth.

Eruptions lasting millions of years with lava covering an area the size of today's EU, up to two miles thick, and that virtually wipe out life as it was prior to the eruption.

For anyone interested in this stuff, and even if you don't watch this whole vid, at least check out the first two minutes where they show the size differences between the different types of eruptions. They just keep getting bigger and bigger.

How ever unlikely a truly big eruption may be, it is very sobering to think of what is in fact within the realm of possibilities. If the "Earth" wanted us gone, we would be.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I think there are lots of interactions that we barely understand. Magnetics between the sun and planets. Gravity interactions between all the solar bodies ect.. Isostactic pressure is only a small part of it I think. Imagine ice accumulating 2 miles thick in Northern North America. That ice also lowers the sea levels by 400' Trillions and gazillions of lbs of ice and water. The weight of the ice and loss of weight of the water would cause the sea floors to rise and the land masses to compress. In fact part of the relief of the ice melting is ongoing today.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Merkin

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I've read up and watched the videos about La Palma. If half of that island slides away the Mega Tsunami created is projected to swamp the entire state of Florida and tens of miles into the states along the Eastern Seaboard.
It might eliminate the need for the jab in some minds.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Where's the Tsunami? I was told there would be an Earth shattering tsunami!

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
How about taxing all Spaniards MORE for their CO2 emissions, eh?....

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Where's the Tsunami? I was told there would be an Earth shattering tsunami!
As I've mentioned a couple times before...

Notice how the vents "line up" with each other?

The tsunami danger doesn't come from these "new active vents", but from the "old ones" from previous eruptions, all "lined-up" and "hollow" - but not "empty". They're filled with water... and if/when the "magma chamber" heats them up enough, it'll become "super-heated water wanting to expand into steam", and CRACK the mountain right along the "lined-up vents", thence just DROPPING half of the mountain into the sea AT ONCE...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
As I've mentioned a couple times before...

Notice how the vents "line up" with each other?

The tsunami danger doesn't come from these "new active vents", but from the "old ones" from previous eruptions, all "lined-up" and "hollow" - but not "empty". They're filled with water... and if/when the "magma chamber" heats them up enough, it'll become "super-heated water wanting to expand into steam", and CRACK the mountain right along the "lined-up vents", thence just DROPPING half of the mountain into the sea AT ONCE...
We could use a little excitement around here. Watching NYC, Boston, Baltimore, maybe even DC go under for the last time would be great entertainment for those of us on higher ground. I hope its carried live on CNN

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Especially when ya consider that that the Earth is basically an 8000 mile diameter ball of lava with a thin crust on it. It's only about 20-30 miles thick.

The amount of lava comin' out of this volcano seems like a lot, and I'm as amazed by these vids as anyone else is, but in the grand scheme of things it's absolutely nothing compared to the amount of lava the Earth is capable of puking forth.

Eruptions lasting millions of years with lava covering an area the size of today's EU, up to two miles thick, and that virtually wipe out life as it was prior to the eruption.

For anyone interested in this stuff, and even if you don't watch this whole vid, at least check out the first two minutes where they show the size differences between the different types of eruptions. They just keep getting bigger and bigger.

How ever unlikely a truly big eruption may be, it is very sobering to think of what is in fact within the realm of possibilities. If the "Earth" wanted us gone, we would be.

Fascinating

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
This barely belongs here but, we are rhyming with the 17th century. Yes there was volcanism happening then.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Don't buy the three hundred foot waves were surge in a New York minute it's just like the b******* storm surge the media pushes every time there's a freaking hurricane