• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Medical debt jail...

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coffey...s-is-jailing-people-over-unpaid-medical-debt/
There is at least one issue a divided electorate can come together on this election year: A recent poll finds 90% of those surveyed agreed on the importance of making health care more affordable.

Millions of Americans remain uninsured.

As CBS News correspondent Meg Oliver reports in partnership with ProPublica, some people are even going to jail because they're squeezed by a system that's putting new demands on overburdened incomes.

Tres and Heather Biggs' son Lane was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 5 years old. At the same time, Heather suffered seizures from Lyme disease.

"We had so many — multiple health issues in our family at the same time, it put us in a bracket that made insurance unattainable," Heather Biggs said. "It would have made no sense. We would have had to have not eaten, not had a home."

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i once read about the idea, it's better just to let them die, and it was compelling enough, i have since changed my mind...

Can't get Health Care from taking on New Debt and you want to complain? I say, go ahead and just die

it's easier that way, for sure
:surrender:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The millions of Americans not insured, wonder what kind of cars they drive, cell phones they have, tv plans ect, Id bet many have made the choice for luxuries over necessities

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The millions of Americans not insured, wonder what kind of cars they drive, cell phones they have, tv plans ect, Id bet many have made the choice for luxuries over necessities
So cars and phones are not necessities?

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
There seems to be a lot of misplaced faith in the medical community, when their business model is selling treatments instead of cures.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
A recent poll finds 90% of those surveyed agreed on the importance of making health care more affordable.

Millions of Americans remain uninsured.
If you want cheaper health care, we need to increase the number of uninsured to 330 million.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Divvy up the costs and solutions any way you want. The important thing is that the Doc and Hospital execs remain filthy rich and unaccountable.

Its always framed as 'how are we going to pay for it' not why are we paying so much.

My son recently broke his arm. In the old days they would have put it in a cast and six weeks later opened it back up. Nowadays its all about surgeries. He was in 40 grand two days after he broke it. Another son of mine cut himself at work requiring a few stitches. They insisted he come back and have the 'surgeon' look at it.

The entire thing is a crock, a sham.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The original question was "what kind" of cars and phones. I'm getting along with $40 per year for cell phone service and a 26 year old car, Some people I know who can't pay their bills have expensive cell plans, cable TV, and fairly new cars. It's about the choices, and those who choose to be responsible having to bail out those who aren't. I could have bought a new car for the amount of money obamacare cost me in the first few years, but I paid the obamacare penalty instead to stay insured.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
he didnt say that...he said what kind of car or what kind of phone. ...big difference in a 2005 corolla with 175,000 miles and no loan payment vs a 2019 Rav4 with a $450/ payment...or a clam shell phone with a plan cost of $30/month vs the latest iphone 11 with a device fee of $50 a month and a plan fee of $100 a month

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
C'mon guys, everyone knows ya needs a $50k car to get to the grocery store and a $1k iphone to call your friends.
Sheesh! Get with the program, guys!

Do I really need to add the /sarc? Lol

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Definitely need a get around vehicle and a basic phone...now if I have a 10 year old car that I keep in mint condition that's allowed and if I get my cousins 5 year old Apple what ever, that's ok?

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
he didnt say that...he said what kind of car or what kind of phone. ...big difference in a 2005 corolla with 175,000 miles and no loan payment vs a 2019 Rav4 with a $450/ payment...or a clam shell phone with a plan cost of $30/month vs the latest iphone 11 with a device fee of $50 a month and a plan fee of $100 a month

^^^ This...

If you participate in usury, you are in fact participating in your and our destruction.

Hmmm, perhaps that's why usury has always been considered a sin, in all societies except those which in the past have been destroyed with that tool.

As to medicine, it's been a piece of total shit since the administrators took it over thirty some years ago. Doctors for the most part do not run medicine, except for those selfish greedyass docs who prefer the administrative part of medicine, or that is the money, over taking care of people.