• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mel Gibson casting in Rothchild comedy sparks outrage

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
From Drudge:

Mel Gibson casting in Rothchild comedy sparks outrage
News of the film, set among the New York super-rich, attracts criticism in wake of the actor’s previous antisemitism controversies

Andrew Pulver
@Andrew_Pulver
Tue 14 May 2019 08.51 EDT Last modified on Tue 14 May 2019 11.02 EDT

Rothchild, starring Mel Gibson, is described ‘an action-packed cautionary tale on wealth and power’. Photograph: Valerie Macon/AFP/Getty Images

A wave of condemnation has greeted the announcement of a new film starring Mel Gibson, in which the actor is due to play a character called Whitelaw Rothchild, the patriarch of a wealthy family.
The film, called Rothchild, is being offered to buyers at Cannes, and is described as a “dark comedy” and “an action-packed cautionary tale on wealth and power”. Shia LaBeouf also stars, playing family outcast Becket Rothchild, who has to supplant nine other family members to claim an inheritance. The script – which on the face of it bears a distinct resemblance to the 1949 British comedy Kinds Hearts and Coronets – is set among a group of the New York super-rich, whose surname is nearly identical to the celebrated Jewish banking dynasty who are ubiquitous as the target of antisemitic tropes.
While the ethnicity of the family in the film has not been specified in reports, its similarity to the Rothschild name has sparked outrage because of the series of incidents that contributed to Gibson’s lengthy ostracism by Hollywood. In 2006, he launched an antisemitic tirade against a police officer after he was arrested in California; he later apologised. In 2012, he was accused of “hating Jews” by screenwriter Joe Eszterhas, which Gibson denied. Two years later, he was recorded using racially abusive language in a voicemail message to his former partner Oksana Grigorieva. And, in 2016, he described the continuing controversy over his 2006 outburst as “unfair” and “a dim thing in the past”.

There's more at the link but I'm censoring certain people for their thoughts and words.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/14/mel-gibson-casting-in-rothchild-comedy-sparks-outrage

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I enjoy Mel Gibson's movies, and now I like him even more !!! :2 thumbs up:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What is a Semite?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The name "Rothschild" means "red shield". The word "Rothchild" makes no sense at all. I see no resemblance, other than using most of the same letters. Case dismissed.

I like Mel Gibson's work. If he "sparks outrage", then he is doing something right! :)

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I don’t recall ever seeing a movie with Mel Gibson in it that I did not like. From Gallipoli to Braveheart to The Patriot, The Passion of The Christ and many more, Mel, whether he is directing or acting is a genius. Hamlet; who would have thought that Mel could credibly perform Shakespeare, but he did and was phenomenal. We Were Soldiers, Hacksaw Ridge, even Mad Max and Lethal Weapon, great stuff.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Controlled opposition. an expose that isn't an expose. Waste of time. Why would anyone think Hollywood would expose the Rothschilds????? Come on. He is one of them.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
And don't forget "Conspiracy Theory" — that one fits right in here.

BF
Another good one. Even some of those B movies he was making for awhile, while TPTB in Hollyweird were pissed at him, we’re really decent flicks. A couple come to mind, minus titles*, were one where his estranged daughter gets involved with some bad guys and he has to protect her. Another, where his daughter, older this time, is shot on his front porch for reasons unknown and he goes on a tear finding out who is responsible and dealing with them. Good stuff! Also, good grief, I forgot Payback. Love that flick. Pure brutality, but everybody deserves what they get.

*Blood Father and Edge of Darkness, if anybody wants to check them out.

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When this film comes out, watch it with this in mind;
The purpose of the film is to point ridicule at anyone who thereafter points scrutiny at the Rothschilds.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Hoarder, you haven’t even seen the movie yet, but you’re sure about the political propaganda subtext already? With H-weird in general, I can understand that, but with Gibson and a few, select others, sometimes the typical H-weird agenda gets a sidestep.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Hoarder, you haven’t even seen the movie yet...
But I know who makes movies, I know how they operate and I know their agendas. Given that, speculation is easy.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
But I know who makes movies, I know how they operate and I know their agendas. Given that, speculation is easy.
Ehhh, we’re gonna diverge on this one, for right now. We’ll see how it turns out. I’m with you on who makes the movies, in general, but I’m giving Mel the benefit of the doubt.