• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Membership Drive 2021

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Woo Hoo I made it in before the cutoff this year. :dancing guy:blond:

(Still miss the duck)

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
we probably hit a bigger goal in a shorter time, as I wasn't watching it,

was probably more like 12 hrs or so

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You will do these things when I am a sleep! When I wake up on a Saturday I head off to do other stuff, it's not typically a big day for GIMing.

This might explain why I missed many of the earlier drives, it was done before I even saw it.

If I hadn't got a PM pointing it out I'd have missed this one!

:-)

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
thx for leaving it open.......didnt even notice the banner till now....very nice to see a long list of contributors

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
WE PASSED GOAL!!!

We are at $35 and change, so good to go with the plans on the update,

Thanks to everyone,

I will only leave it open at this point in case someone wants to get in before the lock. Every year there are those that are disappointed by locking down too fast. Sometime tomorrow I will take down the banners, and even then there will be someone disappointed.

Again, look at that list in post 1

One helluva impressive list of contributors!

I tried AGAIN to contribute via the paypal button up on top. I tried with the "pay with credit card" button, and THIS time it keeps telling me "Some of your information is incorrect. Please verify and try again " over and over and over !!

It keeps deleting my credit card # when it does this so I`m assuming it`s the paypal site and NOT my credit card because I tried two different credit cards which I know for a fact are both VALID!!

I finally gave up!! Those fucking ASSHOLES at Paypal don`t know what the hell they`re doing!! It`s one of the reasons I quit using them a while back .......... they`re just plain STUPID !!! I wouldn`t recommend these MORONS to my worst enemy. Now I remember WHY I quit using these bastards .......... they`re just too stupid to deal with !!

I really, REALLY WANTED to donate this time and thanks to the sons-of-bitches at paypal, I can`t !! Fucken STUPID, INCOMPETENT PIGS !!

If anyone doubts what I`m saying , Google ...... https://www.google.com/search?q=why...me..69i57.36325j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8:

You`ll quickly see what I mean !! It`s painfully obvious paypal makes it`s money by FUCKING their customers out of their money !!

Last edited:

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
thx for leaving it open.......didnt even notice the banner till now....very nice to see a long list of contributors

Blink and you miss it!

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
yep Zed,

The links have been taken down, we are past goal and there is no reason to leave them up.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Uh-ooh... Did mine arrive?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
we probably hit a bigger goal in a shorter time, as I wasn't watching it,

was probably more like 12 hrs or so
"Yeah Baby"!
1615638125133.png

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I didn't attend the festivities this go around and, want to take a minute to thank all of those who did. By keeping GIM entirely commercial and thereby corporate free we get to keep our freedom of speech in this tiny little corner of the world and thereby our ability to agree, disagree or at the very least have pissing matches.

A huge thanks to the unbearable Bear. I've had unvoiced complaints against the man in the past, particularly over the April fools day transition so many years ago but, I was blind to the realities of the situation. I'm absolutely certain there is no one better to usher us through another season and want to extend my true appreciation for all of his voluntary leadership. I thought you were going to pull the plug this year but, here you are trudging through with it again.

A huge thanks also goes to the other mods. Not a power hungry asshole in the lot of you. That's a huge compliment imho.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
83 people ( includes the --- ) IBTL

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Blink and you miss it!

yeah........i rarely notice the header any more and its not like it stands out .....i actually didnt notice it at all....i was looking at someones old post logs looking for a old post and saw where they had commented on the membership drive thread and went looking or i wouldnt have seen it at all.....i am EXTREMELY happy that this site is add and commercial free ...

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Feel bad that I missed it. Almost like a lottery to contribute.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Feel bad that I missed it. Almost like a lottery to contribute.
I feel fortunate that I spotted it this year, most times I miss it. Even though I don’t post a lot, I really appreciate the information and camaraderie that this site has given me over the years. Thanks again, Bear.

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
where is the fucking paypal button? ive looked everywhere!

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
What?? Wait! Oh crap. Will get you next year..

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
Point of fact, do not lie!

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
i have been on the road for a few days. i want to donate. please where can i do this?

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
WE PASSED GOAL!!!

We are at $35 and change, so good to go with the plans on the update,

Thanks to everyone,

I will only leave it open at this point in case someone wants to get in before the lock. Every year there are those that are disappointed by locking down too fast. Sometime tomorrow I will take down the banners, and even then there will be someone disappointed.

Again, look at that list in post 1

One helluva impressive list of contributors!
please send me a link or tell me where or how i can make a donation!

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Enjoy this one on the house.
i dont want any freebies. i love this site. i want to help keep it alive. sometimes i cant access it for a few days. this pisses me off. i want to be a contributing part of this place.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
i dont want any freebies. i love this site. i want to help keep it alive. sometimes i cant access it for a few days. this pisses me off. i want to be a contributing part of this place.
Understandable. Contribute with content. That's what really makes or breaks this site.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I know the feeling. I've been checking every day for 3 months so I wouldn't miss it. It looks like you've supported GIM in the past. Someone else missed out back then. I've missed for several years myself. You're contributing by posting over the next year. Just remember early March next year.........cool:

kiffertom

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
i really like this site! i believe that a good amount of you actually give a shit about the world and each other. on most other sites gutless fucking weasels lower than whale shit lurk waiting to dehumanize someone they disagree with instead of taking the time to explain their point of view. i really had no idea that the contribute button was only up for a very short time. thank you Scorpio for being the giving person you are by letting burn outs like me be a part of GIM2. thanks to everyone for your teachings and kindness. i have learned a lot from this place!

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
i really like this site! i believe that a good amount of you actually give a shit about the world and each other. thank you Scorpio for being the giving person you are by letting burn outs like me be a part of GIM2. thanks to everyone for your teachings and kindness. i have learned a lot from this place!
Amen and Awoman.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i really like this site! i believe that a good amount of you actually give a shit about the world and each other. on most other sites gutless fucking weasels lower than whale shit lurk waiting to dehumanize someone they disagree with instead of taking the time to explain their point of view. i really had no idea that the contribute button was only up for a very short time. thank you Scorpio for being the giving person you are by letting burn outs like me be a part of GIM2. thanks to everyone for your teachings and kindness. i have learned a lot from this place!
I think in the past we have all missed it and felt like you do. I was lucky to catch it this year as it was up for less than a day.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I think we feel it now because GIM2 was almost closed down. It's like your girl packing her shit and starting to walk out the door, but you pull out a pair of diamond earrings and she stays instead.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
send metal

KnowWhy

Seeker
Reaction score
The old GIM had only a few days per year one could register. I missed that a few times until this new version came. Imagine missing that!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's like your girl packing her shit and starting to walk out the door, but you pull out a pair of diamond earrings and she stays instead.
If a girl stops for that, the guy would be better off pulling out cubic zirconia earrings instead.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
If a girl stops for that, the guy would be better off pulling out cubic zirconia earrings instead.
Yeah, nic, for some girls it be a big mac, order of fries and a shake.
Or, in a pinch, a good line of blow.

BF