• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Men now avoid women at work – another sign we're being punished for #MeToo

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Men now avoid women at work – another sign we're being punished for #MeToo

Arwa Mahdawi,The Guardian 20 hours ago

Photograph: Bert Hardy Advertising Archive/Getty Images

It looks like Mike Pence is quite the trendsetter. The US vice-president famously refuses to have dinner alone with any woman who isn’t his wife – and now working men across corporate America appear to be following his lead.

Related: NYT columnist quits Twitter after daring critic to 'call me a bedbug to my face'

A new study, due to be published in the journal Organizational Dynamics, has found that, following the #MeToo movement, men are significantly more reluctant to interact with their female colleagues. A few highlights from the research include:

• 27% of men avoid one-on-one meetings with female co-workers. Yep, that’s right, almost a third of men are terrified to be alone in a room with a woman.
• 21% of men said they would be reluctant to hire women for a job that would require close interaction (such as business travel).
• 19% of men would be reluctant to hire an attractive woman.

The data above was collected in early 2019 from workers across a wide range of industries. Researchers had asked the same questions (albeit to different people and with more of a focus on future expectations) in early 2018, just as #MeToo was in full swing, and depressingly, things appear to have got worse. In 2018, for example, 15% of men said they would be more reluctant to hire women for jobs that require close interpersonal interactions with women, compared to 21% in 2019.

It’s not just men who are afraid of women, by the way. Women also appear to be increasingly wary of hiring women. The 2018 survey results found that more than 10% of men and women said they expected to be less willing than before to hire attractive women. (Note: the 2019 results for women are not yet public.) Internalized misogyny really is a bitch.

There’s been a lot of talk about “grey areas” in #MeToo. All this harassment business is very difficult for men, we’re told, because nobody even knows what sexual harassment is any more! Men are afraid to even shake a woman’s hand in case she thinks it’s harassment! Easier to just avoid contact altogether! What’s really interesting about this study, however, is that it thoroughly debunks the argument that men are confused about what constitutes unacceptable behavior. The very first thing researchers did was look at 19 behaviours (emailing sexual jokes to a subordinate, for example) and get people to classify it as harassment or not. Surprise, surprise, both genders basically agreed on what harassment entails.

“Most men know what sexual harassment is, and most women know what it is,” Leanne Atwater, a professor at the University of Houston and one of the study’s authors, told the Harvard Business Review. “The idea that men don’t know their behavior is bad and that women are making a mountain out of a molehill is largely untrue. If anything, women are more lenient in defining harassment.”

So there you go: most men are perfectly aware of the difference between a friendly hug and a creepy hug. They are perfectly aware of what constitutes harassment and what doesn’t. Which makes you wonder why so many men are afraid to interact with women at work?

The answer to that question, perhaps, is that a lot of men aren’t so much afraid of being accused of anything as they are they are angry that #MeToo ever happened. They’re angry that they’ve been made to think about their behavior, made to interrogate power dynamics they always took for granted, and they are punishing women for it by refusing to interact with them.

It’s worth noting, I think, that the Harvard Business Review article previewing the study’s 2019 results is headlined The #MeToo Backlash. You see that phrase a lot and that framing subtly implies that #MeToo went too far, that a backlash is only natural. It’s yet another form of victim-blaming; another way to quietly put women back in their place.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/men-now-avoid-women-another-050045912.html

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Yep, that’s right, almost a third of men are terrified to be alone in a room with a woman.
No, not terrified, just stay away from it totally. As they can claim whatever they want and you have to prove yourself innocent rather than the converse. It isn't terrified, it is smart. Only the dumb or truly arrogant ones still fall for the same traps.

It’s yet another form of victim-blaming; another way to quietly put women back in their place.
naww, we don't think like that. We just don't give a shit and don't want to waste time on it. Isn't about punishing, or setting some stupid standard or whatever the libtards want to portray it as.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
• 27% of men avoid one-on-one meetings with female co-workers. Yep, that’s right, almost a third of men are terrified to be alone in a room with a woman.

What kind of a puss drama queen is afraid to be alone in a room with a female co-worker?
I’m cringing at the laughable eunuchs who apparently want to have their own little pity party about how “violated” they are.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I don't "work" as an identified value. Yet I do like trampy women. What to do?
Those trampy women become paragons of virtue when they want to nail you to the wall.

There's been 2 trials around here where women accused men of inappropriate advances, but it turned out it was anything but. One, the women tried to get loan from a wealthy artist - they hung out, got drunk and he asked if he could kiss her tit. She agreed and he did. Then she meetooed him and filed charges after being encouraged by her friends. She had deleted emails with her girlfriends where she admitted to giving him permission, then said he groped her without consent. She gave the cops her phone and they were able to retrieve her deleted emails.

She put the guy through hell and tried to ruin his reputation. She lost the trial, but suffered no consequiences for lying on the stand, filing a false police report, and withholding evidence.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Oh, The Jussie Smollett Syndrom, yeah, i heard about that, you can take down anyone, a city's budget, an enemy, competition, by falsly accusing anyone of anything...no proof, just make it up, it costs you nothing while the police department pays for everything...

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Just don t give a shite here.
Not going outta my way to be " friendly " anymore though...
Not gonna be any kind of victim either.
Had a few lawsuits and threats at the shop.
Guys talking smack and women " overhear" stuff.
But...along that line ...same shite with male apprentices...
Snowflakes and new gen of each gender complain about the perception of aggression or harassment.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What kind of a puss drama queen is afraid to be alone in a room with a female co-worker?
Said like a man that has never seen an insane bitch be believed for concocting utter tripe.

It's sensible, they fight dirty and with no honor. Not all but enough to warrant significant caution.

They are getting what they sowed.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Said like a man that has never seen an insane bitch be believed for concocting utter tripe.

It's sensible, they fight dirty and with no honor. Not all but enough to warrant significant caution.

They are getting what they sowed.

Thanks for the laugh, my friend.

I was charged with sexual assault after a woman who worked at a hardware store - - we’ll call it “House Despot” - - went to the police and claimed I groped her ass while I was in the store.

Apparently she filed three different statements with the police before they finally laid charges. First thing I asked for was a copy of the surveillance video - - to which “House Despot” said none of their cameras were working at the time so there was no video.

A friend put me in touch with a criminal defence lawyer that he’d used in the past. Cost me a few thousand dollars but the case was thrown out before it ever went to trial.

My sense is the woman used the situation to go off work for “stress leave” and collect disability payments.

Was I “terrified” or traumatized by the situation? Get fucking real.

But I suppose you might be if you’re a dumbass who can’t string together a few coherent sentences in your defence, or a puss who shits his pants at the mere thought of police/lawyers/courts/judges.

Biggest regret from it was not filing a civil suit against “House Despot” and their employee for defamation. Pretty sure I could have got a nice “return on investment” for what it cost me for the lawyer, but unfortunately I never got around to filing it and before I knew it the limitations period had lapsed.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Ahem. Sure, what ever you say.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I had the chance to ask a lady why her panties had zippers and clasps on the sides.

Imagine that!

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So many problems in our world are the direct result of sexual urges (and the hormones that cause them).

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Feminism has weaponized women. There are plenty of loose skanks out there away from work who are ready and willing to fulfill a man's sexual urges. Men who like to keep their jobs and stay out of jail can afford to avoid any women they come in contact with in their business life like the plague. Of course, a stiff dick has no conscience (or brain for that matter) so many of them attached to some of these men will continue to slide into the trap!

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I’m cringing at the laughable eunuchs who apparently want to have their own little pity party about how “violated” they are.
It is not fear.

I have followed as best I can, this policy for years.

Conference room meetings are typically not an issue, due to cameras and microphones, but rooms without cameras are a no-no.

It is CYA.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It should be noted that the men answering the survey did not claim they were afraid or terrified, they only answered that they avoided one-on-one meetings with female co-workers. The bit about being terrified seems have been only added by the harpy writing the article and looking for a way to neuter these men. And judging by the way you bought her line, it worked.

Avoiding those situations is the only prudent way to go in the modern era for men with something to lose.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's not only hate culture, more to the point it is the law which is wholly biased in favor of women and against men. The ONLY recourse is to simply avoid women as much as possible. They are dangerous, treacherous, conniving, deceitful, hateful, brainwashed, emotionally unstable and 99% of everything you don't need in your life.

There's something to be said for hookers and blow....

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was charged with sexual assault after a woman who worked at a hardware store - - we’ll call it “House Despot” - - went to the police and claimed I groped her ass while I was in the store.
How did it feel?

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
I can’t believe the pitiful “woe-is-me” rhetoric in this thread.

Grow a pair and stop feeling sorry for yourselves while cowering away from being alone with a woman.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
First we allowed them to vote......And now look at the US.

Really just need to get back to basics. Let the women go back to being secretaries and blowing the boss on lunch break. Don't let em vote or run for office.
I love women and believe they have a place in society, just not in running it. They make great servers at restaurants though and can handle themselves in a production line at a factory where they get to do mindless chit and gossip all day.

Been married twice so I know how they roll and how believable they can be. That "friend" that visits every month makes em all go berserk. Do we really want one of these lunatics having the codes for our nukes?

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
There are businesses that are instituting strict no touch policies that include shaking hands.
That's one hell of an awkward way to start a business meeting with a potential client. They arrive after a long flight, stick out their hand and you tell them, "Sorry, we don't shake hands here at XYZ company."

Last edited:

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
There are businesses that are instituting strict no touch policies that include shaking hands.
That's one hell of an awkward way to start a business meeting with a potential client. They arrive after a long flight, stick out their hand and you tell them, "Sorry, we don't shake hands her at XYZ company."
We'll be bowing our heads at each other before long.

I used to give women a softer handshake, now bear down on them a little. Let them know I could crush them if I wanted.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It’s only harassment if you’re ugly/creepy...

I’ve trained a few female student drivers; Thankfully I didn’t find any of them attractive. It’s easy to keep it professional when you’re not checking them out. I would avoid putting myself in that situation with a pretty woman as I’m only a man and I have flaws... and a penis.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I coached /managed a women's softball team one season only. I was single most of the women were single too. I was placing the best players on the team 1st in the line up.
After three innings of the very first game I was "Playing Favorites" even though I was trying to get everybody some playing time.
The worse team I've ever had in any of the sports I coached, basketball, football, t-ball, baseball, and softball.
I played Co-Ed softball and volleyball, but I'd NEVER take a coaching spot when it come to females again.
PITA.
I had girls play for me in basketball and t-ball and were great kids and players. Each better than most of the boys in the age group.
But coach adult women ? Oh, Hell NO!!

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Tell us how you really feel man, don't hold back.............

:dduck:
I tried but my computer started smokin' when I went to post! So I had to "dial back" my verbiage so I wouldn't cause a digital holocaust! Poor old computer just couldn't deal with it.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I can’t believe the pitiful “woe-is-me” rhetoric in this thread.
There isn't one, unless you are looking from a female perspective and thinking emotionally.

Grow a pair and stop feeling sorry for yourselves while cowering away from being alone with a woman.
The risk reward just isn't there so you don't take any risks. Why would you? It could be a career ender, well, you know, not if you are a big box employee but if you have an actual career. It is simple enough to do and without causing offence.

Honey I lost my career because she is bullshiting just doesn't cut it... next thing you know it will be your marriage as well. The thing is that there is sweet FA upside and epic downside should you run across the wrong individual. So again... why risk anything, especially if it is not to your benefit.

Last place I worked women out number men at least 5:1, man where the politics dirty. The kumbaya, cooperative, non competitive, compassionate sex my frickin ass.

The insane culture on most University's these days have even the "enlightened" academic men afraid to close the door on a meeting with a female.

#MeToo believe her because she said is having unintended consequences, let them live with them for a while. Maybe they will stop crapping on the vast majority of decent guys out there.

Did you know that the most credible studies have the rate of false rape allegation in the 30 to 50% range. These studies were gold standard in that they required the evidence and an admission of a false charge by the woman before recording them as false. The 2% number is feminist bullshit. Is it any wonder men are mistrustful?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It’s only harassment if you’re ugly/creepy...
Yep so true... it's also harassment if you ignore them when they don't want to be ignored. Worse is to say thanks but no! That one really gets the back up and that is when the shitty rumors and allegations fly. It's actually safer to hit on them than to take a pass, it is a mortal insult and that requires maximum reputational destruction! Taking a pass and saying "no thanks" has caused the most trouble I have ever had with women.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
It could be a career ender, well, you know, not if you are a big box employee but if you have an actual career.
Your reading comprehension needs work, my friend. Go back and read Post #10 again. Slowly, this time.

I’m self employed, my friend. I don’t live in fear of my “career” ending.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think you have to know the coworkers and act like a decent human. I'm currently dating a former co-worker; we started dating while working together. It's not all bad...if you're a douchebag, expect douchebag karma.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Your reading comprehension needs work, my friend. Go back and read Post #10 again. Slowly, this time.

I’m self employed, my friend. I don’t live in fear of my “career” ending.
Nope, my comprehension is fine.

My nose for bullshit is good as well.

Self employed and you don't live in fear of your career ending... good luck with that you big ol self saucing pudding!

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Yep so true... it's also harassment if you ignore them when they don't want to be ignored. Worse is to say thanks but no! That one really gets the back up and that is when the shitty rumors and allegations fly. It's actually safer to hit on them than to take a pass, it is a mortal insult and that requires maximum reputational destruction! Taking a pass and saying "no thanks" has caused the most trouble I have ever had with women.
I've been married for a couple hundred years now and worked around women for the last 13 or so years. I have developed a routine at work where I interact with women but I don't ever look at them. Hard to explain but it works.
Because of this the ones most likely to get looked at constantly cut through my work area to get to the break room even though it's out of their way.

.:don't    know2:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ah, The old sneak peak. The wolf inspecting the flock. :secret:

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The kind who was called by his manager to sit in HR to get the 3rd degree because a bat shit crazy lunatic feminist felt threatened by his presence in the break room and reported him .... you can get a lot of reprimands from HR for all sorts of things - none of which mean much .... sexual harassment / misconduct is not one of them - the incident goes on your annual eval. It leads to sensitivity training classes every F'ing year -

Don't get too carried away with your machismo till you've experienced it

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Don't get too carried away with your machismo till you've experienced it
That's just it, he has experienced it. Lol