• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Message from "Silver's" wife...

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I took his blood pressure (which is fantastically low, without BP meds!), mine was 147/110 with a pulse of 107. Is that bad?
I think it would be high for a Buddhist monk in Tibet who has all material cares given. It might be rather low for a soldier in an active war zone. You have a patient that needs care, and you put yourself into overdrive to do EVERY SINGLE THING YOU CAN. When I have some non-personal job, I often go into "turbo" mode, where I observe my whole essence speeds up to get it done. Even when it is just taking the truckload of "Bountiful Baskets" produce and dividing it into the members' baskets. I get what you are going through. I suggest you consider it normal and hopefully temporary.
Asking for a friend. Caregiving is HARD, even when you love the patient with every fiber of your being.
I suggest the change from "even when" to "especially when". Don't doctors defer to others for surgery for family members? Don't lawyers get another when they need to face litigation? It is natural to care for a loved one, but is it not hard to be the primary caregiver? Please, do what you can, but accept the help that is offered. And understand why others will offer help. I ask directly, "why are others helping?" The answer will affirm why Silver is worthy of respect.
He went pretty dark on me this morning and our caregiver, we'll call her Connie, came over as soon as I called. she specializes in hospice care and is so excited to be helping someone heal rather than crossover. She said suicide is unchangeable and not his best bet. But that it's totally normal to have these thoughts.
He is still here, so he still has more to do. Life is a job. We have work to do. Quitting your job just means you have to get a new job. He needs to be here to do what he needs to do. Quitting now is leaving us without whatever he might have added.

OKAY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE WILL GIVE, BUT WE NEED IT! Can I get any plainer than that?! Please read this to him.

My words are leaving me emotional and crying. So be it. I wish the best for you both.

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think it would be high for a Buddhist monk in Tibet who has all material cares given. It might be rather low for a soldier in an active war zone. You have a patient that needs care, and you put yourself into overdrive to do EVERY SINGLE THING YOU CAN. When I have some non-personal job, I often go into "turbo" mode, where I observe my whole essence speeds up to get it done. Even when it is just taking the truckload of "Bountiful Baskets" produce and dividing it into the members' baskets. I get what you are going through. I suggest you consider it normal and hopefully temporary.

I suggest the change from "even when" to "especially when". Don't doctors defer to others for surgery for family members? Don't lawyers get another when they need to face litigation? It is natural to care for a loved one, but is it not hard to be the primary caregiver? Please, do what you can, but accept the help that is offered. And understand why others will offer help. I ask directly, "why are others helping?" The answer will affirm why Silver is worthy of respect.

He is still here, so he still has more to do. Life is a job. We have work to do. Quitting your job just means you have to get a new job. He needs to be here to do what he needs to do. Quitting now is leaving us without whatever he might have added.

OKAY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE WILL GIVE, BUT WE NEED IT! Can I get any plainer than that?! Please read this to him.

My words are leaving me emotional and crying. So be it. I wish the best for you both.

Hey there SE,
Your last few sentences I highlighted in red are wonderful.
Thanks for posting that.
Ditto what SE says there.
Regards,

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Thank you for the updates, every little bit counts. BP nothing to much to worry about, I'm NOT a doctor but I'm sure it is understandable considering the situation. Looks like there are a number of people out there supporting you guys, and I"m happy to see the GIM2 crowd step up to the plate and help out fellow member.

Prayers to both of you, keep the positive E flowing and make time for yourself to recharge as it will help Silver as well as you.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
2. Some of my good friends started a GoFundMe when it first happened, and that has been a lifesaver. I had been prepared to deal with mailing off a monster box and waiting a week to get the funds but that GoFundMe took away my worries - our income is gone for the time being. Never in a million years did we think WE would be on the receiving end of a GoFundMe, we normally make donations and help as we can. It's humbling, and every donation made me cry. That being said, I am fine with a GoFundMe. The kindness and generosity of others has enabled me to focus all of my energy on Silver.
I speak for myself but I'm pretty sure many members would like the "particulars" identifying your GoFunMe information.
Pray to you and Silver.
Gb

I wrote the above when I first saw your post a page back. Sorry guys for stompin' what you already posted.
I have sent a donation along with prayer. ( When two or more gather in his name...)

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wife of Silver, although you are doing a great job caring for Silver don't forget to take care of "yourself" too. Do not neglect your own health. I cared for my mother for the last 8 years of her life. It can be very taxing and one tends to put off rest, personal doctor visits etc. In order to tend to the patient. Take "mental health" breaks when you can so you don't become resentful. "I'll get to it later" is a common refrain. Don't let the phrase "killing the caregiver" become a reality.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Going from being invincible to being cared for is a big change in how a person views their presence on this speck of dust. I believe the spirit is just a occupier of the body. Can't say I have THE answer to wanting to keep going. Many things in my mind pushes me to keep keeping on. I count my blessings and remind myself that the world isn't all about me. No matter how bad I have it, it can get worse and others have suffered even more.

The both of you have a new life now. Work with what you have as opposed to what you had. Can't stress enough what MrLucky said about taking care of yourself. I have faith you all will find balance.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Wife of Silver said:
I took his blood pressure (which is fantastically low, without BP meds!), mine was 147/110 with a pulse of 107. Is that bad?

Daddy of a Doctor (Me): It is not bad. It is HORRIBLE. You are headed for a stroke. YOU NEED BP MEDS STAT.

STAT means today.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Wife of Silver said:

Daddy of a Doctor (Me): It is not bad. It is HORRIBLE. You are headed for a stroke. YOU NEED BP MEDS STAT.

STAT means today.
Agree with Unca Walt. When that Diastolic ( last) number is over 90 you are into Borderline. At 110 you are High. Take you pulse after you have relaxed at least 5 minutes. 107 pulse is high but could be due to your recent activity level.
Plus being female it should be lower.
If you can't get in to see your family doctor I would recommend you go to a Urgent Treatment, Little Clinic ( Kroger) type of health clinic and get checked out.
You are in a stressful situation in the first place. You got to take care of you FIRST and NOW.
Best Wishes & Prayers to you both.

Wife of Silver

Reaction score
We didn't have a doctor before this and won't officially have one until Bob's first appointment on May 3, but are friends with the local docs. They wanted me to come in for a full panel, blood work, etc. and really, I can't.

Unfortunately, living in the sticks with mountains out our windows and javelinas and mule deer (who love eating anything I try to grow outside besides cactus and aloe vera) means that in order for any type of urgent care, it's Big Bend Regional Medical Center, which for anything beyond a broke finger will fly you to El Paso or Midland Odessa to the nearest big hospital, 200 miles away either direction.

We got the bill yesterday for Bob's flight to El Paso - $48,000!!!!!!! Thankfully we thought ahead and have had flight insurance (offered to our rural community) "in case I fall off the roof and need to be airlifted," says he. Waiting to see what Medicare and the actual flight insurance do to lower that bill.

I messaged one of the local doctors this morning with a picture of my week's notes of BP readings and told her that: I'm either going to take my own Metoprolol that was filled in 2009 and kept in a dark, cool place ever since (I had situational high BP way back when) OR I was going to take half of one of Bob's Lisinopril that he doesn't even need at this point... and that I'm asking her as a knowledgeable friend and no liability would be on her whatsever.

She said my old Metoprolol would lower BP and pulse and make me feel fatigue (would it still be that effective? As a Beta Blocker, I liked not having migraines for the year I was on it) so I took half of one of Bob's pills and will monitor for results.

I also left our doors unlocked and told our on-call Connie what I was doing. The Doc wants me to have bloodwork to check my thyroid (I take iodine daily, and I have rolling veins and no desire to have my blood let) but we're just going to try what we've got here at home. I'm pretty sure the CBD is working wonders on him and I should be taking it too but I'd rather him have it for now. I also stocked up on legal-in-Texas Delta 8 when in El Paso but I'm hesitant to use it personally when I need to be on the ball and not super chilled LOL

Thank you all for your insight!!!

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Going from being invincible to being cared for is a big change in how a person views their presence on this speck of dust. I believe the spirit is just a occupier of the body. Can't say I have THE answer to wanting to keep going. Many things in my mind pushes me to keep keeping on. I count my blessings and remind myself that the world isn't all about me. No matter how bad I have it, it can get worse and others have suffered even more.

The both of you have a new life now. Work with what you have as opposed to what you had. Can't stress enough what MrLucky said about taking care of yourself. I have faith you all will find balance.
Remember, the temperatures in a cremation furnace are not hot enough to destroy the atomic nuclei of the human body. Otherwise there would be a nuclear explosion. Our atomic elements still exist after death, they are just invisible.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Remember, the temperatures in a cremation furnace are not hot enough to destroy the atomic nuclei of the human body. Otherwise there would be a nuclear explosion. Our atomic elements still exist after death, they are just invisible.
True dat. The ultimate truth is that we are all made of star-stuff. Pure star-stuff.

That (true) concept leads a lot of philosophers to consider what we call consciousness to be just the faintest spec -- think photon -- in the grand consciousness of all the star-stuff in the universe.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We didn't have a doctor before this and won't officially have one until Bob's first appointment on May 3, but are friends with the local docs. They wanted me to come in for a full panel, blood work, etc. and really, I can't.

Unfortunately, living in the sticks with mountains out our windows and javelinas and mule deer (who love eating anything I try to grow outside besides cactus and aloe vera) means that in order for any type of urgent care, it's Big Bend Regional Medical Center, which for anything beyond a broke finger will fly you to El Paso or Midland Odessa to the nearest big hospital, 200 miles away either direction.

We got the bill yesterday for Bob's flight to El Paso - $48,000!!!!!!! Thankfully we thought ahead and have had flight insurance (offered to our rural community) "in case I fall off the roof and need to be airlifted," says he. Waiting to see what Medicare and the actual flight insurance do to lower that bill.

I messaged one of the local doctors this morning with a picture of my week's notes of BP readings and told her that: I'm either going to take my own Metoprolol that was filled in 2009 and kept in a dark, cool place ever since (I had situational high BP way back when) OR I was going to take half of one of Bob's Lisinopril that he doesn't even need at this point... and that I'm asking her as a knowledgeable friend and no liability would be on her whatsever.

She said my old Metoprolol would lower BP and pulse and make me feel fatigue (would it still be that effective? As a Beta Blocker, I liked not having migraines for the year I was on it) so I took half of one of Bob's pills and will monitor for results.

I also left our doors unlocked and told our on-call Connie what I was doing. The Doc wants me to have bloodwork to check my thyroid (I take iodine daily, and I have rolling veins and no desire to have my blood let) but we're just going to try what we've got here at home. I'm pretty sure the CBD is working wonders on him and I should be taking it too but I'd rather him have it for now. I also stocked up on legal-in-Texas Delta 8 when in El Paso but I'm hesitant to use it personally when I need to be on the ball and not super chilled LOL

Thank you all for your insight!!!
Take your blood pressure at least three times a day and keep a log. Make sure that reading is accurate. Your bottom number is high but be careful with the meds and monitor very carefully. I see so many patients after unexpected black outs and serious falls and blood pressure meds are frequently the culprit. Back in the good old days patients could get admitted to regulate new blood pressure meds but now they are on their own. If yours is situational it can be a bear to regulate. Thyroid test would be great and some general labs. Your adrenals are probably in over drive right now telling your body emergency emergency. It sounds cliché but you have to take a little time for yourself every day.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a reason they call it the silent killer................ Then who will take care of silver?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
mrs silver - there's a website/radio show that spends a lot of time talking about unapproved medical theory and alt treatments

i guarantee you can get an email read on the air and an answer/opinion - or get a call in to ask questions directly

i've done both multiple times on their money/political shows. i always get in.

www.oneradionetwork.com

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I hope to be shark food and will make it happen if i have a heads up.

Wife of Silver

Reaction score
Hi, Y'all!

Again, I apologize for the late response... lots going on at Silver's Casa. I'm typing without my right index finger because I nearly cut my finger off with a can of dog food so this will be short LOL Bob's home healthcare nurse told me I would get stitches if I went to the firehouse (that's where our Emergency Medical Services are housed) OR I could tough it out and have a scar. I opt for no stitches. It was gnarly but I kept a cotton ball soaked in colloidal silver on it for about five hours followed by another couple hours with a juicy aloe vera leaf bandaged to it, wrapped and protected. Obviously, not a good thing to happen to a caregiver's dominant hand.

He hasn't had to take Metformin OR Lisinopril or anything pharma in two days - before that, it was maybe a quarter of a dose. We take vitals three to four times a day, and his BP and blood pressure are normal and low. I think six weeks was the amount of time it took to get the anesthesia and all those toxic drugs out of his system and now he's progressing wonderfully. I've been taking his BP med (half doses) and my BP is lovely and normal now.

He's actually WALKING with light ASSISTANCE!!! We eat all meals at the table now, and he feeds himself. He got on his computer earlier and was clicking on things. He wakes up about every two hours, day or night, and needs assistance with things so that's hard, but he let me sleep through one of his "hold the bottle, i need to pee" episodes last night and so I got a solid four, uninterrupted hours of sleep. Melatonin doesn't affect him, Tylenol PM doesn't affect him, and I'm hoping the CBD broad spectrum will kick in for sleep. We will talk to his "new" doctor about something for sleep at his appointment Monday.

Sadly, the stroke made him hate our precious puppies. During a low time for him, the pups were play-fighting and snarling and growling like maniacs, and he became convinced they are demons. They're no longer allowed to sleep with us, which is hard for me (and them) because they were used to sleeping with Mama every night and now they're crated at night. They are in love with our 16-year-old dog, who loves them equally, and it's really sweet to watch. I'm really hoping he turns back around and loves the pups again - he used to tell me they were going to go everywhere with us forever.

Time to go make dinner... I'm so grateful Bob (and now I do, too) has y'all out there in the innerwebs.

Big Virtual Hugs,
Krysta

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Hi, Y'all!

Again, I apologize for the late response... lots going on at Silver's Casa. I'm typing without my right index finger because I nearly cut my finger off with a can of dog food so this will be short LOL Bob's home healthcare nurse told me I would get stitches if I went to the firehouse (that's where our Emergency Medical Services are housed) OR I could tough it out and have a scar. I opt for no stitches. It was gnarly but I kept a cotton ball soaked in colloidal silver on it for about five hours followed by another couple hours with a juicy aloe vera leaf bandaged to it, wrapped and protected. Obviously, not a good thing to happen to a caregiver's dominant hand.

He hasn't had to take Metformin OR Lisinopril or anything pharma in two days - before that, it was maybe a quarter of a dose. We take vitals three to four times a day, and his BP and blood pressure are normal and low. I think six weeks was the amount of time it took to get the anesthesia and all those toxic drugs out of his system and now he's progressing wonderfully. I've been taking his BP med (half doses) and my BP is lovely and normal now.

He's actually WALKING with light ASSISTANCE!!! We eat all meals at the table now, and he feeds himself. He got on his computer earlier and was clicking on things. He wakes up about every two hours, day or night, and needs assistance with things so that's hard, but he let me sleep through one of his "hold the bottle, i need to pee" episodes last night and so I got a solid four, uninterrupted hours of sleep. Melatonin doesn't affect him, Tylenol PM doesn't affect him, and I'm hoping the CBD broad spectrum will kick in for sleep. We will talk to his "new" doctor about something for sleep at his appointment Monday.

Sadly, the stroke made him hate our precious puppies. During a low time for him, the pups were play-fighting and snarling and growling like maniacs, and he became convinced they are demons. They're no longer allowed to sleep with us, which is hard for me (and them) because they were used to sleeping with Mama every night and now they're crated at night. They are in love with our 16-year-old dog, who loves them equally, and it's really sweet to watch. I'm really hoping he turns back around and loves the pups again - he used to tell me they were going to go everywhere with us forever.

Time to go make dinner... I'm so grateful Bob (and now I do, too) has y'all out there in the innerwebs.

Big Virtual Hugs,
Krysta
Thanks for the good news, update and hugs!
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

& DO NOT APOLOGIZE!
We're all here just flappin gums waiting for the moonshot anyway.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
gnarly but I kept a cotton ball soaked in colloidal silver on it for about five hours followed by another couple hours with a juicy aloe vera leaf bandaged to....
FYI, You can spray CS on those Aloe Vera Leaves too. Me, I am a firm believer in CS/EIS for wounds, burns, bug bites ,...

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
OR I could tough it out and have a scar. I opt for no stitches.
In December, I got a cut from a can and it took months to recover. I wish the best of everything for you and Silver.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
In December, I got a cut from a can and it took months to recover. I wish the best of everything for you and Silver.
If you can not keep the wound closed with bandage or Butterfly strips you best get the stitches to hold it closed instead of constantly re-opening on hand or finger movements.
After 36 hours it may not be sutured. I forget exactly how long but it is not real long.
Of course the health worker took a look at it and did not send you straight away to get sutures. That is a plus on your side.
Prayers and Wishes to you both.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
ive had success using super glue instead of stitches on a few occasions.

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thank you for your updates. Uncontrolled HBP is reputed to have been the cause of my Father’s rare kidney cancer. I inherited the problem and recently just crashed to the floor in a local business and was knocked unconscious. They called an ambulance. Yay. Medication management is a fine balance.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
FYI, You can spray CS on those Aloe Vera Leaves too. Me, I am a firm believer in CS/EIS for wounds, burns, bug bites ,...
Bro -- WTF is "CS". Cold Sores? Copper Sulfate? Clam Shit? Oh, dear... hurry -- my imagination is getting warmed up. ;)

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Bro -- WTF is "CS". Cold Sores? Copper Sulfate? Clam Shit? Oh, dear... hurry -- my imagination is getting warmed up. ;)
Colloidal Silver as AgBug pinned.
I'm glad I didn't use the abbreviation E.I.S. You may have sprained the brain on that one. Electrically Isolated Silver a much higher quality of CS.
We have an entire area on Silver / Alt Med. here.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't use the abbreviation E.I.S. You may have sprained the brain on that one. Electrically Isolated Silver a much higher quality of CS.
Not Chocolate Syrup?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Raw Honey would be the choice for medical uses, NOT chocolate syrup.
Do Not Treat infants with any kind of honey.

Wife of Silver

Reaction score
Silver makes our CS with a contraption that has a couple flattened and smooth Canadian Maple Leaf in it along with distilled water. He's snoring right now or else I'd ask if it's EIS. I think that was key for quick healing in my case - I haven't changed bandage yet today but the extra flap of skin grosses me out entirely. He said it was a, "Perfect, classic can cut. Good job." I could post a pic but it's YUCK.:(

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I hate can lid cuts. They hurt like crazy.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I hate can lid cuts. They hurt like crazy.
I'm a pretty big opponent all cuts, though because I receive them daily I guess I do prefer some locations over others. Fingers are one of the worst.