• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Metals Down! [sale]

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
. With $14 premiums on ASEs, you'll still be paying $28.
Good thing I'm not into ASE's then. ;)

Someone will always be selling Ag for a couple bucks over spot.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Everybody needs a Ducat!!! :banana:

Cheapest doocats are @ goleneagle last I looked. You know, if you wanted one.
QWAK,Irons,I got 7 "DUCK CATS" --- they are all black and white some are more white some are more black -- at times it gets very confusing!:hmmmm2::cheerful::ban-cha::banana:

the DUCK :s9:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The Friday beatdown appears to be on! :bear_kiss:

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
.......Otruama is talking now......:vollkommenauf:

Malus

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Here we go again! This almost becoming routine.

Perfect timing. I've got the day off and a wad of fiat burning a hole in my box spring. I'ma going shopping.........

hoarder

Dat Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's Friday. Paper silver is down again. The supply is unlimited.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
I wonder how much blood letting will happen by Friday.

Fed Keeps $85 Billion Pace of Bond Buying, Sees Risks Waning......

The Federal Reserve will keep buying bonds at a pace of $85 billion a month and said that risks to the economy have decreased.

“The committee sees the downside risks to the outlook for the economy and the labor market as having diminished since the fall,” the Federal Open Market Committee (TREFQE2) said today at the conclusion of a two-day meeting in Washington. It repeated that it’s prepared to increase or reduce the pace of purchases depending on the outlook for the job market and inflation.
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke is expanding the Fed’s balance sheet toward $4 trillion as he seeks to reduce a jobless rate that stands at 7.6 percent after four years of economic growth. Concern that the Fed is closer to reducing the pace of asset purchases pushed 10-year Treasury yields to a 14-month high.
Stocks extended losses after the statement. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index declined 0.3 percent at 2:36 p.m. in New York. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.27 percent from 2.19 percent late yesterday.
“The lessening of downside risks tilts the FOMC toward the possibility of making an announcement on potentially tapering QE later this year,” said Sam Bullard, a senior economist at Wells Fargo Securities LLC in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Fed also left unchanged its statement that it plans to hold its target interest rate near zero as long as unemployment remains above 6.5 percent and the outlook for inflation doesn’t exceed 2.5 percent.

Video and more at link......http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...on-pace-of-bond-buying-sees-risks-waning.html

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Stocks Tumble With Bonds as Gold Slides in Global Rout,

Stocks tumbled, with the benchmark index of global equities sinking the most in 19 months, and bonds fell around the world after the Federal Reserve said it may phase out stimulus and China’s cash crunch worsened. Gold led commodities lower as the dollar rallied for a second day.

The MSCI All-Country World Index (MXWO) lost 3 percent, the most since November 2011, and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index sank 1.6 percent at 1:17 p.m. in New York to extend its biggest two-day drop of the year. Ten-year Treasury note yields rose nine basis points to 2.44 percent, the highest since August 2011, as rates surged from New Zealand to Germany. Emerging-market assets fell with India’s rupee and Turkey’s lira touching record lows. The S&P GSCI gauge of raw materials slid 2.8 percent, the most since September, as gold sank below $1,300 an ounce for the first time since 2010.
Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said the Fed may start reducing bond purchases that have fueled gains in markets globally, and end the program in 2014 should risks to the U.S. economy abate. Data from China, the biggest developing-nation economy, indicated manufacturing shrank at a faster pace and the benchmark money-market rate climbed to a record.
“It’s a knee-jerk downward reaction because everyone is afraid that if you’re taking the punch bowl away that must be bad for markets,” Philip Orlando, the New York-based chief equity strategist at Federated Investors, which has about $380 billion in assets under management, said by telephone. “The market is choosing to ignore the good news embedded in the Fed’s comments. All it’s looking at is the reduction of the accommodation.”

Video at link.....http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...rop-as-fed-sinks-u-s-stocks-crude-slides.html

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Watch out below.............

Gold 1277.20 (-21.40)
Silver 19.55 (-0.57)
Platinum 1331.00 (-45.00)
Palladium 656.00 (-18.00)

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Whoo Hoo! Look at it fly! Damm, this is gonna be a good sale! :s9:

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Very soon twill be $1000 and $12

Someone else agrees with you.From the comment section of this article:

ralphpetrillo
"2 :hours ago
Actually this is very normal when wars end. When volatility comes out of the market place, gold usually sells off. Gold should be at 50 times the price of silver and ten times the price of oil historically, so currently with silver at $19 and oil at $100, gold should be at $ 1,000 or even lower. "

Article.......

Gold Slips to 34-Month Low as Precious Metals Slide on Fed View

Gold plunged to a 34-month low, set for a record quarterly drop, as improving U.S. economic data strengthened the case for the Federal Reserve to reduce stimulus. Silver fell to the lowest since August 2010, platinum the cheapest since 2009 and palladium the lowest since November.
Gold dropped 23 percent this quarter, heading for its biggest loss since at least 1920 in London. Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said last week the central bank may slow its asset-purchase program this year if the economy continues to improve. U.S. durable-goods orders rose more than expected, home sales advanced to the highest in almost five years and consumer confidence climbed, data showed yesterday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...arter-since-at-least-1968-as-demand-ebbs.html

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Uh?

Gold Climbs on China Comments,

Gold rose on Tuesday as comments from China calmed concerns about a credit crunch there, taking pressure off commodities and equities, but the prospect of an end to U.S. Federal Reserve easing kept bullion near three-year lows.
The metal was caught up in selling on the wider financial markets earlier as Chinese shares fell deeper into bear market territory on fears of a cash crunch, dragging down other stock markets, oil and metals.
Commodities recovered in Europe and shares rose more than 1 percent after China's central bank said on Tuesday it would guide rates to reasonable levels.
Gold remains on track for its biggest quarterly loss in more than 30 years after the Fed gave the clearest signal yet that it plans to taper its $85 billion monthly bond-buying programme.
Spot gold was up 0.3 percent at $1,284.66 an ounce at 0944 GMT, off an earlier low of $1,273.46, although it continued to underperform other precious metals, oil and copper.
"Bullion showed little reaction to firmer equities and other commodities, including platinum group metals and silver, after the People's Bank of China tried to once more calm the market on liquidity concerns," VTB Capital analyst Andrey Kryuchenkov said.
"We are sitting tight, consolidating ahead of U.S. data in very thin trading," he said. "People will give extra weight to any U.S. macro or QE3 related comments."
The Fed's quantitative easing measures, put in place to stimulate growth, have helped drive gold to record highs in recent years by keeping interest rates low while stoking inflation fears. Reducing those measures will likely hurt gold.
Investor appetite for bullion has faded, with the world's largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, New York's SPDR Gold Trust, reporting another 4.2 tonne outflow on Monday.
BANKS CUT FORECASTS
A raft of banks, including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and HSBC have cut their gold forecasts this week after its slide.
Credit Suisse cut its gold price forecast for 2013 to $1,400 an ounce from $1,580 an ounce, while HSBC cut its price view this year to $1,396 an ounce from $1,542 and Morgan Stanley reduced its 2013 forecast to $1,313 from $1,409.
"With investor demand for safe-haven assets waning against the backdrop of a strengthening U.S. dollar and rising U.S. bond yields, market conditions for gold and silver have become markedly less favourable," Morgan Stanley said in a report.
"Our price profile for these two metals now acknowledges that the annual average peak in the price for these two metals was achieved in 2012 with minimal prospect for recovery."
U.S. gold futures for August delivery were up $7.20 an ounce at $1,284.30.
Silver was up 0.5 percent at $19.75 an ounce. Spot platinum was up 1.5 percent at $1,348.49 an ounce, while spot palladium was up 1.8 percent at $671 an ounce.
South Africa's Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (AMCU), which has emerged as the dominant union on the platinum belt after a vicious turf war with the rival National Union of Miners last year, wants gold producers to more than double the wages of entry-level miners, according to a document submitted to the companies. (Editing by James Jukwey)

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/investing/2013/06/25/gold-climbs-on-china-comments/#ixzz2XKcBs4Ld

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Aaaaaaaand prices back to where they left off yesterday in NY.

Down baby down I gots a sov from MCM in my shopping cart with free shipping! :w00t:

A good beating today and I might bump that up to 2.

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
1200! And ticking closer.Drop below today? 40 minutes left.

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Good to see the premiums are still reasonable, and under $4. Makes it nice to pick up metals at this time.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Good to see the premiums are still reasonable, and under $4. Makes it nice to pick up metals at this time.
All thanks to hedging. ;)

And I think a lot of folks went all in on the last big drop, all the metals sites were getting hammered.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
8:45 PM here we go again folks down down down hang onto your ballz!!!! :afraid:

:haha: hey at least it isn't boring any more.

Chester-Copperpot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm delighted to see these prices, only if they hang around for awhile at this level. Be nice to buy at this level for a year or two.

TiKi

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Everytime I hear manipulation this manipulation that , I think to myself "sore losers" . But damn these mofos keep hitting it in the overnight markets. Something is up, most definitely.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Down baby down! I gots a sovereign from apmex ebay in my watch list just waiting for the beat down! Currently $341. :w00t: