• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

MIC strikes again!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
February 12, 2018

Why throw money at defense when everything is falling down around us? Do we need to spend more money on our military (about $600 billion this year) than the next seven countries combined? Do we need 1.4 million active military personnel and 850,000 reserves when the enemy at the moment — ISIS — numbers in the low tens of thousands? If so, it seems there's something radically wrong with our strategy. Should 55% of the federal government's discretionary spending go to the military and only 3% to transportation when the toll in American lives is far greater from failing infrastructure than from terrorism? Does California need nearly as many active military bases (31, according to militarybases.com) as it has UC and state university campuses (33)? And does the state need more active duty military personnel (168,000, according to Governing magazine) than public elementary school teachers (139,000)?”— Steve Lopez, Los Angeles Times

Mark my words, America’s war spending will bankrupt the nation.

For that matter, America’s war spending has already bankrupted the nation to the tune of more than $20 trillion dollars.

Now the Trump Administration is pushing for a $4.4 trillion budget for fiscal year 2019 that would add $7 trillion to the already unsustainable federal deficit in order to sustain America’s military empire abroad and dramatically expand the police state here at home. Trump also wants American taxpayers to cover the cost of building that infamous border wall.

Truly, Trump may turn out to be, as policy analyst Stan Collender warned, “the biggest deficit- and debt-increasing president of all time.”

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...omplex_strikes_again_war_spending_will_bankru

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Hey now easy there...we got boys over in the sand box cutting up destroyed equipment to salvage the Kevlar so they can weld it to a vehicle that the obummer Gubmint could not afford....

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
North Korea is zero threat i don’t give a feck what anyone says. Russia plus Iran have done good beating the crap out of ISIS so i don’t buy they are a threat either. That leaves ISIS and they have zero planes or boats we have no reason spending 800 billion on that problem.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hey now easy there...we got boys over in the sand box cutting up destroyed equipment to salvage the Kevlar so they can weld it to a vehicle that the obummer Gubmint could not afford....
That’s what I don’t understand. I know for a fact our navy ships are in terrible shape and your average serviceman isn’t exactly making a killing with their salary...

Someone connected to the pentagon is getting ridiculously wealthy cuz the money isn’t going to where it needs to go.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Now the Trump Administration is pushing for a $4.4 trillion budget for fiscal year 2019 that would add $7 trillion to the already unsustainable federal deficit
My math is a little fuzzy here.. Last year the iRS TOOK IN 3.4 OR 3.6 TRILLION. THIS YEAR WILL BE MORE OF COURSE. Leaves a deficit of 800 billion or so.. How does that add 7 trillion to the deficit?
1st, did he means 7 trillion to the national debt? An 2nd where does the 7 trillion number come from.

Aside from the math errors I can't argue with the rest. The MIC is firmly in control.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
That’s what I don’t understand. I know for a fact our navy ships are in terrible shape and your average serviceman isn’t exactly making a killing with their salary...

Someone connected to the pentagon is getting ridiculously wealthy cuz the money isn’t going to where it needs to go.
Good luck trying to figure it out Muj , especially when one has to deal with this psycho....

2142c1558d0a2fb64e191358dd5c960e.jpg

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

The money goes to defense contractors who in turn make very large campaign contributions to the politicians that authorize the money to the defense contractors.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
We need to start billing the nations where we have bases... keeping them safe from the barbarians outside the gate is expensive!

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The military buys American made products. So all that money is going into circulation in the US. Is this correct?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The money goes to defense contractors who in turn make very large campaign contributions to the politicians that authorize the money to the defense contractors.
That, and to black budget stuff. One way of doing that is to buy $900 hammers.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I have the answer for you. 5 of the richest counties in the country surround washngton DC 9 of the top twenty richest counties surround washington DC. I know you thought Manhattan and Hollywood had all the cash.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
We need to start billing the nations where we have bases... keeping them safe from the barbarians outside the gate is expensive!
For Japan and most of Europe, I agree. I doubt however that the bases in 3rd World countries in the ME and South Pacific could pay the bills. "Barbarians" is a relative term, we always have to keep these poor countries on edge because the next bogeyman "threat" is always around the corner.

We could probably eliminate ~50% of our international bases and ~50% of defense spending without missing a beat and still outspend the perceived evil Chinese and Russians combined. Reallocate that money to securing the border, and properly screen well-intentioned immigrants from regions that do not wish to kill us. Any other surplus money could be used to go after the pharmaceutical industry that keeps feeding these dumb kids with prescription drugs that shoot up schools, churches, movie theaters etc.. Reform the welfare system and eliminate Zerobamacare as well. We as a nation have our priorities in dire need of restructuring. None of this will ever happen, but wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nations? Those are our provinces.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
That, and to black budget stuff. One way of doing that is to buy $900 hammers.
I've sold to the military before. The product I was selling cost 25 times more than normal to produce because of the Mil-Q spec we had to certify to. The contract and specs were so complicated we needed a full time consultant and added liability insurance just to make it worth the risk.

Sometimes this really is necessary but I can't imagine it always is.

We made a part for the space shuttle once. It had to be ridiculously over designed. Ya can't just run down to Walmart if it fails in flight.

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My dad owned a small machine shop long before CNC and computer driven machines existed. He made three different screws for the government. The material cost was so high, and the spec's so rigid that he couldn't make a profit from the completed part. All the profit he made was from the scrap shavings the machines produced.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've sold to the military before. The product I was selling cost 25 times more than normal to produce because of the Mil-Q spec we had to certify to. The contract and specs were so complicated we needed a full time consultant and added liability insurance just to make it worth the risk.

We made a part for the space shuttle once. It had to be ridiculously over designed. Ya can't just run down to Walmart if it fails in flight.
I'm a bit of a "gearhead." Gear being guns, knives, multitools, flashlights and all the other "gear" a gearhead thinks he needs to get by. One of the flashlight companies I've been very fond of over the years is a company called Foursevens. They were owned and operated by a guy named David Chow. Brilliant guy, in my opinion. David announced in December, this past year , that Foursevens was going out of business. He wouldn't give details, but rumors abound. One rumor is that 4-7's was working on developing a specialized flashlight for the US military. The specifications and particulars were so difficult to achieve that their R&D department was run out of money. There's probably other stuff responsible for their demise, but that story stuck with me.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Guy I knew, a Russian immigrant and physicist told them how to avoid the Challenger explosion before it happened. They didn't want to upgrade the tiles as he suggested.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Correct. And take a good look at some of the characters running these contracting companies.

The military charade is right up there with the financial schemes as the biggest frauds being perpetuated on the country.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Guy I knew, a Russian immigrant and physicist told them how to avoid the Challenger explosion before it happened. They didn't want to upgrade the tiles as he suggested.
Read pretty much the same thing years ago. The tiles were a known weakness.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
So the money gets appropriated by Congress which then get's a kickback from the defense contractors in the form of 'donations'. Got it! Nice gig if you can get it!

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It is amazing the number of the .gov contracts that go to EX .gov career types who have gotten out
and now have their own businesses where they cater especially to who ?...thats easy...
.Gov buyers and COTRs...Contracting Officers., their old buddies etc et etc.
It never ends the # of them.
Great big giant cesspool of money circle jerking.
( its anti money but thats a dif onna my tirades )

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The military buys American made products. So all that money is going into circulation in the US. Is this correct?
No that is not correct. Somewhere around 25% goes missing (elite, PTB). Another 10%, plus more that comes from other parts of the budget as well and also off-budget expenditures (printed up money), is given away to foreign dictators. Much of the rest filters up to the CEOs involved in the MIC or ends up back in the pockets of traitors (graft).

War is a business - an unproductive, counter-productive, corrupt business which only hurts the workers and the nation all things accounted for financially.

In terms of injury, suffering and death, that's just the icing on the cake for TPTB.

Eisenhower warned us in a speech to the nation. JFK warned us in a speech to the nation. Generals have written books. People today have written books (one just came out recently showing how the war against the Taliban was a mistake, has been lost (or a quagmire at best) and all that wealth and blood lost over there was for nothing (but to make traitors and foreign dictators rich).

Last edited:

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If 9/11 official story is true then we lost the war the day it started. They spend next to nothing to do trillions in damage to NYC and then we spent 10 trillion at least so far to retaliate. I'd say that was loss.
The war machine needs to end and as I have posted before, bring our troops home, put them on the borders and we don't need a wall. Every vehicle coming into the US gets searched for drugs and humans.
If the borders are secure, terrorists can't get in. If they can't get in then we don't need 17 intelligence agencies spying on Americans. We also don't need homeland security, TSA, CIA and a bunch of others.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
If 9/11 official story is true then we lost the war the day it started. They spend next to nothing to do trillions in damage to NYC and then we spent 10 trillion at least so far to retaliate. I'd say that was loss.
The war machine needs to end and as I have posted before, bring our troops home, put them on the borders and we don't need a wall. Every vehicle coming into the US gets searched for drugs and humans.
If the borders are secure, terrorists can't get in. If they can't get in then we don't need 17 intelligence agencies spying on Americans. We also don't need homeland security, TSA, CIA and a bunch of others.
They're already here!

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
No that is not correct. Somewhere around 25% goes missing (elite, PTB). Another 10%, plus more that comes from other parts of the budget as well and also off-budget expenditures (printed up money), is given away to foreign dictators. Much of the rest filters up to the CEOs involved in the MIC or ends up back in the pockets of traitors (graft).

War is a business - an unproductive, counter-productive, corrupt business which only hurts the workers and the nation all things accounted for financially.

In terms of injury, suffering and death, that's just the icing on the cake for TPTB.

Eisenhower warned us in a speech to the nation. JFK warned us in a speech to the nation. Generals have written books. People today have written books (one just came out recently showing how the war against the Taliban was a mistake, has been lost (or a quagmire at best) and all that wealth and blood lost over there was for nothing (but to make traitors and foreign dictators rich).
If you say so...But a company that makes lots of web gear for the military is not far from me and they are working three shifts and hiring. There's scores of small business that pay there employees with government contracts.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It is amazing the number of the .gov contracts that go to EX .gov career types who have gotten out
and now have their own businesses where they cater especially to who ?...thats easy...
.Gov buyers and COTRs...Contracting Officers., their old buddies etc et etc.
It never ends the # of them.
Great big giant cesspool of money circle jerking.
( its anti money but thats a dif onna my tirades )
Hush money.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If you say so...But a company that makes lots of web gear for the military is not far from me and they are working three shifts and hiring. There's scores of small business that pay there employees with government contracts.
I’m glad out of the $600 billion they managed to do something right.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I’m glad out of the $600 billion they managed to do something right.
If you waste 99% of 600 billion and "do good things" with one percent of it, the Trump cheerleaders will focus on the one percent. Sorry, MtnMan.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
If you waste 99% of 600 billion and "do good things" with one percent of it, the Trump cheerleaders will focus on the one percent. Sorry, MtnMan.

Would a $30 MILLION military parade qualify as "doing good things"?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If the parade is lead by a battalion of marines that are locked and loaded with real ammo and he uses them to storm congress and becomes dictator, then I'm ok with the 30 mil.
Short of a revolution it is the only way to restore a constitutional republic.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If the parade is lead by a battalion of marines that are locked and loaded with real ammo and he uses them to storm congress and becomes dictator, ....
That's not going to happen. The nation is very well armed. While we liked Hillary a lot less than him, that doesn't mean we like him. And after this most recent year, listening to him tell lies to the nation and never a single mention of the root causes (which he did mention them during the campaign) we like him even less now.

The American patriots are waiting for a leader with the courage to speak the truth. It starts with the truth, without that we're going to treat him the same way we would have treated Hillary, the same way we treated Bush and Obama. American patriots, while itching for a fight, are not stupid. We've studied history and we understand the Tytler cycle very well.

Anyway, Trump is not that stupid. You can tell by the way he and his family are now doing business in China.

Last edited:

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
North Korea is zero threat i don’t give a feck what anyone says. Russia plus Iran have done good beating the crap out of ISIS so i don’t buy they are a threat either. That leaves ISIS and they have zero planes or boats we have no reason spending 800 billion on that problem.
We have a budget of 800 Billion because "we" "lose" hundreds of Billions. Woops!

Yep, don't know where it went but we're looking into... Plane!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If the parade is lead by a battalion of marines that are locked and loaded with real ammo and he uses them to storm congress and becomes dictator, then I'm ok with the 30 mil.
What are you putting in your cigars?

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'd trust a revolution by the peasants way more than I'd trust a military coup.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'd trust a revolution by the peasants way more than I'd trust a military coup.
I wouldn't trust either one because I know either one would be run by controlled opposition.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't trust either one because I know either one would be run by controlled opposition.
I’ve said this before in another post a few weeks ago, I forget where, but especially being that the states role is pretty much eliminated, the only movement that can be trusted somewhat is one that is local or regional and race based.

Even then you would still have your corruption, but it would be a lot harder for people to get away with selling out their own people. Sticking together by race is one of the most basic of instincts.

Right now this instinct is being used to divide and take power from us. If every race put their best interests into politics we would have a very tiny federal government. No one would want to pay for the welfare of other races or give the government the power to tax away their money for the other races. We would all want to keep the fruits of our labor. We would all lookout for ourselves instead of having the government do it.