• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Milsurp values alert thread

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Occasionally a boat load of milsurp firearms will hit the shore and offer fantastic values. I was lucky enough to enjoy the SKS bonanza about 15 years ago and the CZ-52 bargains. Nowadays they aren't much of a bargain anymore. I'd appreciate being notified if anyone here finds out about a good bargain on the milsurp market.

Right now I'm liking the looks of the Zastava M88a even with the dorky safety switch and 8 round magazine. $220 bucks from Southern Ohio Gun.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/zastava-m88a-compact-9mm.html

A good value Milsurp should be around or under the $200 price point IMO.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The link you provided appears to be for newly made guns, replicas, not milsurps. Am I mistaken?

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sarco has Browning 1919A4 machine guns in semi-auto for $3k.

They also have Bulgarian Makarovs in excellent to new condition for $260. Condition is everything.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
These Beretta 92s surplus at $279 seem to be a good deal. Almost identical to US military issue sidearm, but without the ambi decocker/safety and with the mag release at the bottom of the grip. I'd be just a little concerned about the mount of wear on the internals and bore.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

My teen daughters have been bugging me to train them on a handgun, and this might be a nice training piece.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
J&G has a 24/47 Mauser in good shape, shiny bore for $350..... and a cracked stock version for $299... this is the world we live in

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
These Beretta 92s surplus at $279 seem to be a good deal. Almost identical to US military issue sidearm, but without the ambi decocker/safety and with the mag release at the bottom of the grip. I'd be just a little concerned about the mount of wear on the internals and bore.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

My teen daughters have been bugging me to train them on a handgun, and this might be a nice training piece.
Held one today. Too big for their hands. I think the single stack Zastava might be easier for them to hold.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I remember when you could walk into any Kmart or Sears and buy a Garand for $80, sometimes $69 on sale. Just hand pick one out of the old wood barrel in the corner. People were not as crazy back then and fewer were careless or dumb. It used to be embarrassing to get called dumb or inflict pain or discomfort on another person. Now certain groups think it's part of their culture keeping it real, dumb- so we can't leave firearms on the sales floor anymore.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I remember when you could walk into any Kmart or Sears and buy a Garand for $80, sometimes $69 on sale. Just hand pick one out of the old wood barrel in the corner. People were not as crazy back then and fewer were careless or dumb. It used to be embarrassing to get called dumb or inflict pain or discomfort on another person. Now certain groups think it's part of their culture keeping it real, dumb- so we can't leave firearms on the sales floor anymore.
Yup, really really dumb these days. People today aren't the same as people used to be. WE've allowed the country to go full pussy and there's no turning back now

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Not so much pussy, but people who have no moral compass or self-control that do whatever feels good even it if harms or injures another person.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Many moons ago I worked at a Woolworth store. We had three 55 gallon drums in the sporting goods department. One had K98s, one had 303 Enfields and one had Garands take your pick $69. No forms just pay and go.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I got err. HAD a Sears and Roebuck .22cal. bolt action. Lost it in that dam_ boating accident will my silver and gold.
Got it back in the mid 70s.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Held one today. Too big for their hands. I think the single stack Zastava might be easier for them to hold.
The Beretta 92 probably is too big for personal use or EDC for a woman or girl BUT for training purposes it would be a good piece.
Once you know which girls are gonna stay in shooting or want to go personal / EDC then worry about size/fit. AND Let them make those decisions. ( Hopefully shooting comparables at a local gun store w/ shooting range)

The weight of the 92 will also dampen the recoil compared to smaller pistols. Making a newbie shooter less apprehensive about "kick". Get them use to shooting first and then the particulars latter. IMO

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
. Lost it in that dam_ boating accident will my silver and gold
I know how you feel. They saved my boat, but I lost my guns & PM's.

Boat sank 1.jpg
Boat sank 2.jpg

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
There are still some Mosins that can be found pretty cheap

Mosin.jpg

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
http://www.victory-arms.com/rifles

I've made a deal with myself that I wouldn't make any more firearm purchases for a while. at least till after my next vacation. But on the other hand these Swiss K31's are getting harder to find and I've been wanting one for awhile. Price isnt great, but not Armslist.com stupid either.
k31.jpg

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Goldbricking and <SLV> both mentioned Beretta 92FS pistols. Complete rebuild kits only cost $74 list. These pistols are very easy to take apart and put back together plus there are dozens of videos on YouTube and elsewhere that will show you how with no special tools required. Pick up a used one spend an afternoon rebuilding it and you have a nearly new pistol. Barrels only cost $139 and drop right in. No tools required. All you need to do is be able to gauge how much wear and tear is on the slide rails. There's plenty of videos on that too.

I think with the US Army going to the Sig P320 and the Civilian Marksmanship Program, CMP, slated to sell the surplus Colt .45s within the next year (or two) you can be assured Trump will probably route the obsolete inventory of M9s, the military version of the 92FS, to the CMP so I would expect some bargains down the road.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I shot a 92F side-by-side and much preferred my Glock 17 before I became a Glock advocate. The action of the 92F was superior in smoothness and trigger pull, but the Glock was just as or more accurate and noticeably lighter making range work easy.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Bump.............

What to look out for when buying a Lee-Enfield No.4
TFB TV

Published on Jun 8, 2017
Everyone loves a bit of slick .303 action. But what are the pitfalls specific to buying a Lee-Enfield No.4 that are unique to this particular rifle? What are the options, and what should you look out for to avoid getting a dud?

Guns in this video:
Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1*
Lee-Enfield No.7

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Where can you buy Military Surplus Firearms?
Mike B

Published on Jan 12, 2017
Please consider supportiing the channel on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mikefrigginb

www.gunboards.com
www.Empirearms.com
www.Themosincrate.com
www.jgsales.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.armslist.com
www.gunbroker.com

Note: Businesses represented in this video have not paid me to advertise for them. I simply have had good luck with all of these businesses, so I am choosing to freely support them as a happy customer.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Prices of Military Surplus Firearms- June, 2017
Mike B

Published on Jun 16, 2017
A short video showcasing a few choice military surplus firearms and their current average values. Please watch the first part of the video to understand how we got these numbers. Thanks!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Prices of Military Surplus Firearms - June, 2017 Part 2
Mike B

Published on Jun 18, 2017
A short video showcasing a few choice military surplus firearms and their current average values. Please watch the first part of the video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6OS...
Thanks!

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Wow, that is shiny. But not for me. When the SKS and ammo were very cheap, I could applaud them. A semi-auto rifle for $130 and ten cents a round! But that was three decades ago. Recently (ten years ago) the 7.62.54 ammo and the bolt action rifles were very cheap. But no more. As far as I know, there are no great deals today. (But prove me wrong!)

Trump and Putin should get together and start a new deal on imports. They could even call it "The New Deal!"

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
Finding Russian Milsurp 7.62X54R in spam cans is near impossible. I've seen some Tula in spam cans, but not the good ole' Silver Tip. Hard to believe they were 79 bucks at one time, for a can of 440 rounds!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Just an fyi for anyone interested............

Yugo M48A Mausers - Excellent condition.
The Mosin Crate

Published on Jun 27, 2017
Yugo M48A Mausers - www.themosincrate.com
Available for purchase Thursday @ 10AM EST. Please see the "How 2 Order" page for full info.

PENNY AUCTIONS(Already started, most items no longer a penny!)
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658994075
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658986885
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658988582
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658991284
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/658996548

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Consecutive Serial # - M48A Yugo Mausers
The Mosin Crate

Published on Jul 6, 2017
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 7/7/17 @ 10AM EST
www.themosincrate.com

PLEASE see the "How 2 Order" page, if you have not read it, chances are you will not get your order filled!

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hope they were better crafted than the YUGO vehicles. :bomb 1: Just Sayin'

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hope they were better crafted than the YUGO vehicles. :bomb 1: Just Sayin'
Worst made car I ever touched. Actually felt sorry for the peeps who bought them. Total trash.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Shooter grade Mosin Nagant list. M91 91/30 M44 M38 Finnish
The Mosin Crate

Published on Jul 12, 2017
PREVIEW DAY: THURSDAY 7/13/17
FOR SALE: FRIDAY 7/14/17 @ 10AM EST
www.themosincrate.com

If this is your first time ordering, PLEASE visit the how 2 order page on the website, otherwise you will have little hope of getting your order filled.