• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Milsurp values alert thread

milomorai

The Beretta 92 is indeed quite heavy because there's not plastic to speak of. I'm not sure where you got the 'quite a kick' part. The heavier weight helps reduce the recoil and the 92 is chambered in 9mm. 9's don't kick all the hard. Have you ever shot a 1911 45ACP? That's a kick!
I don't do a lot of firing maybe twice a year can't afford the ammo, like I said probably just me. one thing that may effect it though is the trigger
I can go out after I haven't fired in awhile and pull the trigger and it doesn't fire and I say hey what's wrong then I remember it's not a hair trigger
has a lot of loose space to take up for the final pull/firing "hard trigger" That also might be affecting my aim etal
fired the 45 as a Regular army driver/TC on a Sheridan tank as a personal weapon back in the 70's didn't seem to my recollection that the kick was that much.
In the late 80'/early 90's my reserve unit transitioned to and practiced a little with the 92 didn't like the way it fired but sleek looking weapon
so when I was looking for a hand gun decided on it.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The Beretta 92 is indeed quite heavy because there's not plastic to speak of. I'm not sure where you got the 'quite a kick' part. The heavier weight helps reduce the recoil and the 92 is chambered in 9mm. 9's don't kick all the hard. Have you ever shot a 1911 45ACP? That's a kick!
1911 is one of my favs.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I would still love a K31 but I'm not willing to pay the current asking prices.

milomorai

Yes a 45 is on my want/dream list with a 45/70, something that shoots a 500 Jeffery just because I want them.
perhaps when I win the lottery... :2 thumbs up:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes a 45 is on my want/dream list with a 45/70, something that shoots a 500 Jeffery just because I want them.
perhaps when I win the lottery... :2 thumbs up:
Most gun stores will take a trade-in especially a Beretta 92 in good or better condition. If you want to move to a 45. Compared to a 45 I do not see where 92FS/M9 "Kicks" more.
Cost wise 9mm ammo is cheaper than 45.

Milo. It seem you have Champagne Tastes with a Root Beer pocket book.

SAVE your spent brass and trade for live ammo is a way to cut costs. Best Wishes

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Regarding the Beretta 92... buy any decent Beretta body that is cheap. Parts kits go for about $30, barrels can be had for $125 to $200 depending upon what you want. After that you practically have a new pistol.

milomorai

Most gun stores will take a trade-in especially a Beretta 92 in good or better condition. If you want to move to a 45. Compared to a 45 I do not see where 92FS/M9 "Kicks" more.
Cost wise 9mm ammo is cheaper than 45.

Milo. It seem you have Champagne Tastes with a Root Beer pocket book.

SAVE your spent brass and trade for live ammo is a way to cut costs. Best Wishes
So true, So true guess I'll just dream on....:don't know::Happy:

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
LOL, the Beretta 92:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
PSA has optic ready M-4s on sale for $469 Valentine's Day special. Not truly milsup, but if you like the platform that's pretty cheap.