• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mini-crash coming tomorrow

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
When those SkyNet-like stock algos go into reverse, they don't mess around.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Starting to recover already

Now I'm no stock market guru. Everything I know about the stock market I learned watching Trading Places so bear with me for a second!

The number used to represent "The Dow" is made up of the sum of a single share of stock from each of the top 30 Dow Jones Industrial stocks. For example. if the Dow is at 25,678 that indicates the sum cost of one share of each of the Dow's top 30 industrial stocks would be $25,678.

Am I correct so far?

If not ignore everything in this post from this point on. If I'm correct a $600 drop in that number is barely a blip but since the media loves to sensationalize everything a 600 pt drop in the Dow represents financial Armageddon on Wall St. Like most everything else you'll read from the media today, it's all bullshit!

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Starting to recover already

Now I'm no stock market guru. Everything I know about the stock market I learned watching Trading Places so bear with me for a second!

The number used to represent "The Dow" is made up of the sum of a single share of stock from each of the top 30 Dow Jones Industrial stocks. For example. if the Dow is at 25,678 that indicates the sum cost of one share of each of the Dow's top 30 industrial stocks would be $25,678.

Am I correct so far?

If not ignore everything in this post from this point on. If I'm correct a $600 drop in that number is barely a blip but since the media loves to sensationalize everything a 600 pt drop in the Dow represents financial Armageddon on Wall St. Like most everything else you'll read from the media today, it's all bullshit!
Just call me Clarence Beaks. :D

Calculating the DJIA is actually pretty complicated.

DJIA 101: How Does the Dow Jones Work?
https://www.investopedia.com/investing/what-moves-the-djia/

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
PPT works for the DS......... nothing has worked against Trump so now they put us all through the pain........

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just call me Clarence Beaks. :D

Calculating the DJIA is actually pretty complicated.

DJIA 101: How Does the Dow Jones Work?
https://www.investopedia.com/investing/what-moves-the-djia/
KEY TAKEAWAYS
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is a stock index of 30 blue-chip industrial and financial companies in the U.S.
The index is used in the media as a barometer of the broader stock market and the economy as a whole.
The Dow, however, is just 30 out of thousands of stocks. Furthermore, the index is price-weighted and does not account for changes in market capitalization as other popular indices do.
Since it is price-weighted, it is calculated using a divisor to normalize the index components.

In other words it's all a load of crap! The above says the markets of the world are being driven by the market direction of only 30 stocks. The result is all smoke and mirrors and the world follows like a lapdog!

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
KEY TAKEAWAYS
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is a stock index of 30 blue-chip industrial and financial companies in the U.S.
The index is used in the media as a barometer of the broader stock market and the economy as a whole.
The Dow, however, is just 30 out of thousands of stocks. Furthermore, the index is price-weighted and does not account for changes in market capitalization as other popular indices do.
Since it is price-weighted, it is calculated using a divisor to normalize the index components.

In other words it's all a load of crap! The above says the markets of the world are being driven by the market direction of only 30 stocks. The result is all smoke and mirrors and the world follows like a lapdog!
I worked in the mutual fund industry for 7 years.

Actually, most "Investment Professionals" don't follow the DJIA, they follow the S&P 500. But obviously there's a strong correlation between the two, I think about 95%.. It's hard to say which is the dog and which is the tail.

Regardless, the whole game is rigged by the Banksters, and most recently, by the High Frequency Trading Algorithms,, aka SkyNet Stock Bots.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dow down 600, NAS down 250.

PPT is MIA.:popcorn:
The PPT cannot keep up with the Metals manipulation, much less propping up the entire stock market.
Gold and the Dow, both headed for 5,000.