• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Mint finally takes action against flippers?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
United States Mint

Exchange of Coin

AGENCY: United States Mint, Treasury.

ACTION: Notice of Change in Numismatic Customer Return Policy.

SUMMARY: The United States Mint has modified its Numismatic Customer Return Policy to address the issue of excessive returns. Effective immediately, the United States Mint reserves the right to limit or refuse a return or to charge a fee for excessive returns. In addition, the United States Mint reserves the right to suspend accounts of customers with a pattern of excessive returns.

DATES: This change is applicable upon publication.

From the PDF
BF

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Other than bullion coins the mint hasn’t produced anything I’d want to buy in years. All the coinage looks more like arcade tokens than coinage.

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Other than bullion coins the mint hasn’t produced anything I’d want to buy in years. All the coinage looks more like arcade tokens than coinage.
No doubt OGD.
I'd drift towards USSR looking coins, when there was an USSR endlessly teetering upon the financial edge of da' cliff.
Where fraud, corruption, and directionless committee stricken choices showed upon its coins.
Coin history of all countries, portrays the erosion of the fundamentals it began.
Mirrors corporate P/E ratio, Debt/GDP, etc.

The "art" on the other hand is pure Kindergarten.
Ex: Last 5 oz puck would have been elusive for ones mind, as if one was there, and it could bring forth imagination.
Then, the committee threw in a loser, on a kayak.
That destroys my; casting, picnic, solitude, photo op, scuba dive... with someone else.
So cowardly the coin is.

They could have snuck in Irons detecting on the far shore, to scale, which kayak is not.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We should reinstitute the coin arts program that TR started and gave us the timeless design of Fraser, St. Gaudens and eventually MacNiel.

I bet you in a 100 years no one will be reissuing the current batch of designs.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Dealers will get hurt, not joe 6pk, thats one of the reasons ive mostly avoided the mint, never know when your getting dealer rejects

Dealer rejects? Price goes against you? No questions asked - return it to the mint? Looks like in 2009 the return policy was changed from 30 days (unbelievable) to 7 days (still a deal). I’m not a collector so I had no idea this was going on. IMO unless there is traumatic damage due to shipping, all dealers and collectors should have the same luck of the draw as anybody else. Exploitation and abuse causes change.