• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Momentum Structural Analysis - Serious Dude Revolutionizes Technical Analysis

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Part II:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
dp,

I like it, 'cause it fills a void left by price charts, in that they don't tell the whole story. This is what he is admitting to, and finding a varying way of dealing with that fact.

Agree with him on MA's, as they only partially tell a story also.

For years we have discussed how you have to acknowledge the price charts and technicals, but it isn't enough. Some use fundamentals to back it up, etc. We can also see this with his commentary. Whereas he not only reviews his momentum analysis, he also uses external factors to arrive at a opinion.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
fwiw, this that he speaks to is what I have been stating for awhile now re inflation,

that it is coming, that bonds will get toppy, that the .gov 2% metric for inflation won't survive, that all commods are getting their game on, etc.

what I have been trying to dial in is real short term stuff rather than the long term bull and bears tops and bottoms that this guy is looking for.

I certainly appreciate his confirmation of my thoughts re all this jazz.

Real interesting his call on the SP, as there will be pain ahead for stocks and bonds if that is the case..........

The guys final words 'Lock and Load'

I like it

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I sense there's pain ahead as well, but how do we position our selves to capitalize on it to take advantage of it?

Other than PMs?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I sense there's pain ahead as well, but how do we position our selves to capitalize on it to take advantage of it?

Other than PMs?
You can go to the short side on stocks and bonds but manipulation is a bitch. In addition, at any moment the expected inflation can hit with some kind of currency reset and send nominal values to the moon. You can short term or day trade with a downward bias but that only reduces those risks and are likely to reduce upside potential as well.

You can stock up beaten down tangibles but unless they're things that people really need, then it's not certain they will increase in value by much under the slow road to destruction scenario. The CBs have been able to kick the can down the road and teeter things between inflation and deflation for at least 30 years, there's nothing that I see which will prevent them from continuing this process for many years to come. If inflation starts to get out of control then they could crash the economy and bring back deflation. World reserve currencies don't go into a hyperinflation. A sudden reset is possible though.

Off the grid business adventures are your best option.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't believe that Michael Oliver said this in the videos, but he has reiterated to me several times that he expects the gold miners to outperform the metals this go-round. Short of MadMax, and/or right up until then, the miners plus core physical is where I'm taking this ride.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
dp,

Not sure how many realize how critical what he stated was, in that stocks and bonds would both get hit,

As we all know, for a long long time now, they have been rotating back and forth between those 2 dependent on market conditions.

Stocks get weak, they roll into bonds and bid the price up there, and the opposite.

So when he talks about both seeing headwinds, that is a sea change, and something that many have not seen in a long time.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
dp,

Not sure how many realize how critical what he stated was, in that stocks and bonds would both get hit,....
Alternative media financial analysts and even some in the mainstream have been predicting this event for more than 10 years at least. What's changed? The same argument was made during the 2008 crash.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
actually, no they have not, quite the contrary,

they have talked stocks or bonds, but not the combo
I remember Peter Schiff mentioning this as early as 2004. There have been others as well, matter of fact, most of the hard core gold bugs have been saying that both bonds and stocks will take a major hit together "soon" and they've been saying that for a lot longer that what qualifies as "soon."

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
hold cash. the man who loses the least wins the most. it's all rigged anyway. I'll be sitting this on the sidelines. when the dust settles, I'll buy up everything for pennies on the dollar.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
hold cash. the man who loses the least wins the most. it's all rigged anyway. I'll be sitting this on the sidelines. when the dust settles, I'll buy up everything for pennies on the dollar.
Actually, that's what I'm betting on. Not much in the account just $20K sitting there, but I plan to do a Rothschilds when Napoleon met his Waterloo... when the SHTF I'll be waiting for the right moment to pounce...