• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Monetary Metals Issues World's First Gold Bond Since 1933

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
This is a few weeks old. but I don't recall seeing it posted here. Sorry if it's a dupe.

Monetary Metals Issues World's First Gold Bond Since 1933

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I don't understand these gold-bonds, PM-backed crypto, GLD, gold derivatives, etc, etc. If an investor wants to own gold...BUY it. It's not that hard - if little old me, half as educated as I am now, 16 years ago, could start buying gold by mail order, living in a little town in New York State at the time...anyone can.

When someone wants to start marketing paper derivatives...something tells me he's engaging in some sort of three-card monte.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I don't understand these gold-bonds, PM-backed crypto, GLD, gold derivatives, etc, etc. If an investor wants to own gold...BUY it. It's not that hard - if little old me, half as educated as I am now, 16 years ago, could start buying gold by mail order, living in a little town in New York State at the time...anyone can.

When someone wants to start marketing paper derivatives...something tells me he's engaging in some sort of three-card monte.
I don't see what's wrong with bonds denominated in real money.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Seems to me that history tells us all commercial transaction contracts by the big boys always had a gold clause.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I don't see what's wrong with bonds denominated in real money.
Are they? How do you know they are?

It's a layer between you and real money; and the most-obvious, most-common reason for so doing, is to HIDE something.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Are they? How do you know they are?

It's a layer between you and real money; and the most-obvious, most-common reason for so doing, is to HIDE something.
No,. I don't know for sure, I haven't read the prospectus. But I certainly would before I invested in these bonds (or anything else for that matter).

And I do know personally David Morgan, the author of that video. He is as straight a shooter as anyone on the planet.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
But straight-shooters in systems that enable fraud, or that can go bad...do not last. Or at least their good doesn't last.

Sam Walton. More than any other retailer, probably more-so than John Cash Penney (who Walton interned under), Walton tried to give consumers their money's worth in his store. He wanted shopping there to be both low-cost and pleasant - and the phenomenal growth of the chain showed his success.

He retired and then went the way of all flesh...and his stores were gradually delivered to operators. In some ways, were nudged to it, by pressures from the Party of Cronyism. Felonia von Pantsuit wound up on the board of directors. Walmart went from having NO lobbyists, to having a large and successful cadre of graft-deliverers.

Likewise, here. This guy may be trying to do it right; but there's a buffer there, where I'm not seeing the sausage made. Ergo I don't believe it - not in an era where no one is honest and nothing is real.

ds_mustang

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I know the guys at Monetary Metals and I'm very familiar with this bond. It is the first gold bond in 88 years and for that it is significant. Those involved in this bond feel like they are doing something very important in the effort to remonetize gold and they deserve your applause. Everyone at MM and their clients and investors are gold bugs. Keith Weiner, the CEO of MM, understands gold and the concerns of the typical gold bug, but he isn't content to hoard his stash and hope that one day the world recognizes the monetary value of gold again. He started a company to DO SOMETHING to directly bring gold into the monetary realm again. His company puts gold back to work AS MONEY NOW--how gold used to be used before gold was outlawed and demonetized. This bond is part of many efforts the company is taking to once again make gold active in acting as money and not just being uselessly buried in your backyard hiding until an eventual future where gold becomes relevant again without any effort from you. Keith and his clients and investors deserve thanks from all gold bugs in their active efforts to bring a gold-money future into existence sooner rather than later. If you want to be involved in making that future happen too, consider giving them a call and asking what they are about.

Last edited:

ds_mustang

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Here's a photo of one of the certificates for the first gold bond in 88 years. It's printed on a sheet of 24 karat gold, because it's just that awesome.

gold_bond_final.jpg

Last edited: