• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Pity he couldn't get vaccinated...unlike Hammerin Hank Aaron. Oh wait...

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Thanks for the entertainment Larry. I never was a follower but you certainly made your mark in the world while you were here.

Rest in Peace...the alimony payments are finally over (for you anyway you lucky bastard!)

Last edited:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Paul Varelans, dead at 51 from COVID

Paul was in early UFC, I think #6

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Paul Varelans, dead at 51 from COVID

Paul was in early UFC, I think #6

Probably nothing to do with the steroids, huh?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who's "Inge", the blonde with the "knockers"? Cute as pie! ;)

I'm pretty sure that's Terry Garr. She was gorgeous as a young lady. Poor gal has not aged well.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's Terry Garr. She was gorgeous as a young lady. Poor gal has not aged well.

Plastic surgery did wonders for Lenin!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Plastic surgery did wonders for Lenin!
and Nan Piglosi.
Of course the Dr. had to pull so much skin her navel is between those pancake tits now.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Gawd, what an image.

I'll have to get so drunk I'll need hospitalization, to clear that vision from my brain...

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gawd, what an image.

I'll have to get so drunk I'll need hospitalization, to clear that vision from my brain...
...dimple!!?? Hell, that's my my NAVEL!! want a real surprise open up mah shirt collah!!...Redd Foxx after his cheap face lift explaining that the dimple was on his chin from the dr. pulling up all the loose skin, tying it into a knot on top of his head and tucking it under a hat.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
She was diagnosed with MS early on in life.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She was diagnosed with MS early on in life.

Wow......That's to bad. I did not know that. I remember her in a bunch of movies, especially Mr. Mom. She was lovely in that movie.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Dustin Diamond (played Screech on "Saved By The Bell"), dead at 44 from cancer:

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/01/962919023/saved-by-the-bell-star-dustin-diamond-dead-at-44

Are there ANY "news sites" that do NOT require you to "accept their cookies" (tracking-snooping)???

I always backtrack on my cellphone, but on my laptop when I'm done with my session I run Ccleaner and remove 40-80 "trackers & cookies" for THAT SESSION ALONE..... and I'm using a VPN... but they STILL "install in my 'puter" if I don't sweep them out...

Big Brother is Watching You....

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Are there ANY "news sites" that do NOT require you to "accept their cookies" (tracking-snooping)???

I always backtrack on my cellphone, but on my laptop when I'm done with my session I run Ccleaner and remove 40-80 "trackers & cookies" for THAT SESSION ALONE..... and I'm using a VPN... but they STILL "install in my 'puter" if I don't sweep them out...

That's why you run your browser to knock back pretty much all cookies:

1612231525665.png

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
That's why you set the browser to clear cookies and browsing history on exit:

1612233297925.png

1612233338911.png

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Try Ccleaner... just for kicks... and report back whether anything "slipped through"... both the "health check" and the "custom clean"...
I'd almost wager that you'd be surprised WHAT REMAINS ON YOUR HARD DRIVE...
Ccleaner FREE (gotta scroll down, and at install, decline AVG anti-virus)....

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Danger Will Robinson! Propeller-head alert!!!!

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Try Ccleaner... just for kicks... and report back whether anything "slipped through"... both the "health check" and the "custom clean"...
I'd almost wager that you'd be surprised WHAT REMAINS ON YOUR HARD DRIVE...
Ccleaner FREE (gotta scroll down, and at install, decline AVG anti-virus)....

It is because I run CCleaner that I know the browser settings I posted screengrabs of work.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
It is because I run CCleaner that I know the browser settings I posted screengrabs of work.
Ok - I'll delve back into all my browsers then - thought I'd already set them up... TY

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
Anything Mozilla based will have a very similar interface to the screen grabs, the Chrome based shit is retarded six ways from Sunday and Internet Explorer... the less said the better.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Anything Mozilla based will have a very similar interface to the screen grabs, the Chrome based shit is retarded six ways from Sunday and Internet Explorer... the less said the better.
I mostly use Firefox, but recently Brave on my phone instead of Chrome or Samsung Internet.
On my 'puter I have so many add-ons on Firefox for downloading videos & ghostery that i'm pretty much sticking with it...
I find that on my phone, you've got to be a wizard to remove unwanted trackers & cookies - beyond my knowledge.
I'm still on Windows 7 on my computers, where at least I know where to navigate, how to use Task Manager and "stop" programs I don't want running, and understand the interface.
It was much simpler when I was using DOS on my (not first - Commodore 64) - but following 'puters for several years... but the modems were soooo slow hahahah...
I remember getting to online forums on Prodigy. I'd set up an account with a fake name and a PO box... and get 2-3 months free access with bills coming in... on a 900 modem... then open a new account under another fake name... Took them 2 years to stop that way of registering!
That was in the 1980's...

October 1983, 1st home 'puter, Commodore 64, big floppy, cassette tape external hard drive, TV monitor, noisy dot-matrix printer, word processor!!! What a change from my 4-line electric typewriter!, Frogger, Zork.... And introducing my newborn daughter to the home computer age...

1984 Commodore 64.jpeg

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Yes they are.

And NPR is Big Brother's Home Station.

Answer to your question: No.

SOME nooze cytes will give you the article if you toggle Reader View (up by the address bar); some do not.

Some nooze liars want you to "Register" to read their dreck. I won't...I guess they don't care about their clicks anymore; they want to hoover up data. They need me more than I need their lies, so I'll just stay un-propagandized.

There USED to be a patch-program somewhere that had Null Cookies - to use the Cookies analogy, it would be like feeding the site cookies made of sawdust. They don't do anything once the site swallows them, but the site THINKS it is getting all the good stuff.

I can't help you with where, or if it's still around (maybe it is not) but it's a wunnerful concept. Above my paygrade, but a nice concept.

FWIW, I have TOR on my box, even though, with all the increased sleuthing, it's of limited value - I can no longer get past Ewe Toob's regional censors and blacklists...but sometimes it can defeat the Cookie Monster sites.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Danger Will Robinson! Propeller-head alert!!!!

:rotf:....That was funny....I've been trying to clean up my act, (or my desktops act) and installed a VPN, Ivacy, using Brave as my browser now, and Duck Duck go for search engine. I do have CC cleaner too. Did away with Firefox and google. Thanks everyone for the insight.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
That's why you set the browser to clear cookies and browsing history on exit:

View attachment 200627

View attachment 200628

Hey - I modified my settings just like you showed... but still ended up after a session with Ccleaner cleaning up 14 trackers & some junk, plus Windows log files & session files...

It seems that stuff still filters through Firefox...

I'll keep the settings, and as usual run Ccleaner after each session...

Thanks for taking the trouble...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Firefox, Ghostery, Ad block Plus, No Script.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Firefox, Ghostery, Ad block Plus, No Script.

Had Ghostery and Adblock -
Removed Adblock and replaced with Adblock Plus
Added NoScript, which is changing the appearance of this page, especially with "reply" and "edit"... with "Javascript is disabled, for a better experience please enable javascript before proceeding"
Noscript also prevented my vpn from telling me my "location", but I figured out how to give it "temporary permission", but not "permanent" to my knowledge, will see next time I open the browser...
I'll leave javascript disabled for now, and see how it goes
TY -

PS, it sure is a bummer to have to configure everything yourself to stop the snooping!!!

Edit - PPS - closed session but Ccleaner still found 7 trackers (but no "junk"), and 2 files in "custom clean"...

So not 100% "white-washed" without using Ccleaner after each session...

But NoScript remembered to allow my vpn to tell me my "location"

Last edited: