• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I had to disable NoScript as it was somehow blocking me out of my web service email account. YMMV!
After clicking on the NoScript at the page that wouldn't load (vpn address), I was able to "allow" the vpn while leaving all the "google tracking" etc blocked on that page... It took a few tries... had to highlight the one I wanted, then click the "grey" symbols for THAT ONE...

Ah, and I just did it for GIM, and now the interface is "back to normal"... (I think)...

But I'd better stop posting all that here - really "off topic"...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
That's why you set the browser to clear cookies and browsing history on exit:

View attachment 200627

View attachment 200628

Still 'OFF TOPIC"...

i had to revert to Firefox "strict" and not "custom", and remove "Noscript", because I couldn't access hardly any pages... including GIM2...

... but now I'm getting this a lot on GIM2...

failed link.jpg

and the Kitco ticker doesn't show up any more either... and twitter links give me this =

Twitter wrong.jpg

Last edited:

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
^ Set it to the default settings and see if that helps.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Christopher Plummer, Oscar Winner and ‘Sound of Music’ Star, Dies at 91
Christopher Plummer, the Canadian-born Shakespearean actor who starred in films including “The Sound of Music” and “Beginners,” died on Friday morning at his home in Connecticut. He was 91.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.30.15 PM.png

“Chris was an extraordinary man who deeply loved and respected his profession with great old fashion manners, self deprecating humor and the music of words,” said Lou Pitt, his longtime friend and manager of 46 years. “He was a national treasure who deeply relished his Canadian roots. Through his art and humanity, he touched all of our hearts and his legendary life will endure for all generations to come. He will forever be with us.”

An imposing theatrical presence with a well-cultivated, resonant voice, that critic John Simon once observed, “in its chamois mode, can polish mirrors,” Plummer was best known for playing Captain von Trapp in the Oscar-winning musical “The Sound of Music.” He also won an Oscar in 2012 for his supporting turn in the film “Beginners,” becoming the oldest actor ever to win the Academy Award for supporting actor.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/christopher-plummer-dead-sound-of-music-1234901760/

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Christopher Plummer, Oscar Winner and ‘Sound of Music’ Star, Dies at 91
Christopher Plummer, the Canadian-born Shakespearean actor who starred in films including “The Sound of Music” and “Beginners,” died on Friday morning at his home in Connecticut. He was 91.

View attachment 201081

“Chris was an extraordinary man who deeply loved and respected his profession with great old fashion manners, self deprecating humor and the music of words,” said Lou Pitt, his longtime friend and manager of 46 years. “He was a national treasure who deeply relished his Canadian roots. Through his art and humanity, he touched all of our hearts and his legendary life will endure for all generations to come. He will forever be with us.”

An imposing theatrical presence with a well-cultivated, resonant voice, that critic John Simon once observed, “in its chamois mode, can polish mirrors,” Plummer was best known for playing Captain von Trapp in the Oscar-winning musical “The Sound of Music.” He also won an Oscar in 2012 for his supporting turn in the film “Beginners,” becoming the oldest actor ever to win the Academy Award for supporting actor.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/christopher-plummer-dead-sound-of-music-1234901760/
A true professional...RIP

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Distinguished American Statesman, 60th US Secretary of State George P. Shultz, Dies at 100
Sunday, February 7, 2021
Hoover Institution, Stanford University
shultz_portrait_-_2010-2.jpg

Shultz's Hoover Portrait, 2010.

Hoover Institution (Stanford, CA) - One of the most consequential policymakers of all time, having served three American presidents, George P. Shultz died Feb. 6 at age 100. Remembered as one of the most influential secretaries of state in our history, Shultz was a key player, alongside President Ronald Reagan, in changing the direction of history by using the tools of diplomacy to bring the Cold War to an end. He knew the value of one’s word, that “trust was the coin of the realm,” and stuck unwaveringly to a set of principles. This, combined with a keen intelligence, enabled him to not only imagine things thought impossible but also to bring them to fruition and forever change the course of human events.

https://www.hoover.org/press-releas...h-us-secretary-state-george-p-shultz-dies-100

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Did he do a Tweet, inveigling other blacks to hurry up and get The Vaccine, some days earlier?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Shootist's Better Half

Married to an old, dangerous, pasty white guy
Reaction score
Did he do a Tweet, inveigling other blacks to hurry up and get The Vaccine, some days earlier?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Cause of death is cancer. Ironically, the celebrity COVID deaths fizzled out when Trump got the election stolen from him.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Cause of death is cancer. Ironically, the celebrity COVID deaths fizzled out when Trump got the election stolen from him.

Yabbut, we have enough time with enough stats to see the pattern.

It's fatal in about 2 percent of those exposed, generally.

In the under-40 population, it is about half a percent. In the 65-plus area, it's above 5 percent...which is worrisome, especially when medicine has become politicized and the politicians bizarrely WANT fatalities, to where they outlaw successful drug therapies.

Compare these stats, to those we're getting with bad reactions to the "vaccine." What is it, now, hundreds of deaths? Thousands more had such a bad reaction to the first shot, they didn't get the second.

Seems the cure here, is much worse than the disease.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
U.S. Rep. Ron Wright of Texas dies after being hospitalized for Covid-19
Wright, who was 67, had also been battling cancer.

Feb. 8, 2021, 9:23 AM MST
By Rebecca Shabad, Alex Moe and Haley Talbot

WASHINGTON — Rep. Ron Wright, R-Texas, died Sunday after being hospitalized for Covid-19, his office said Monday.
Wright had also been battling cancer.

“Congressman Ron Wright passed away peacefully at the age of 67,” his office said in a statement Monday. It added, “For the previous two weeks, Ron and [his wife] Susan had been admitted to Baylor Hospital in Dallas after contracting Covid-19."
Wright, who was re-elected to a second term in November, passed away a little more than two weeks after he tested positive for coronavirus, on Jan. 21. At the time, he said in a statement that he had been “experiencing minor symptoms, but overall, I feel okay and will continue working for the people of the 6th District from home this week.”

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What, no HCQ for Republicans, now?

You damn-well KNOW the Dumbos who've gotten it, and gotten over it, have it. Cuomo the Least, brother of the Vampire State Emperor, ADMITTED he was given it. He's too much of an imbecile to even feel shame for that. Of course now, that news of nine months ago went down the rabbit hole...

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
U.S. Rep. Ron Wright of Texas dies after being hospitalized for Covid-19
Wright, who was 67, had also been battling cancer.

Feb. 8, 2021, 9:23 AM MST
By Rebecca Shabad, Alex Moe and Haley Talbot

WASHINGTON — Rep. Ron Wright, R-Texas, died Sunday after being hospitalized for Covid-19, his office said Monday.
Wright had also been battling cancer.

“Congressman Ron Wright passed away peacefully at the age of 67,” his office said in a statement Monday. It added, “For the previous two weeks, Ron and [his wife] Susan had been admitted to Baylor Hospital in Dallas after contracting Covid-19."
Wright, who was re-elected to a second term in November, passed away a little more than two weeks after he tested positive for coronavirus, on Jan. 21. At the time, he said in a statement that he had been “experiencing minor symptoms, but overall, I feel okay and will continue working for the people of the 6th District from home this week.”
Who's list was he on? I'll bet he's either sitting on a beach somewhere in Costa Rica , keeping a bed cot warm at Gitmo or simply got the same treatment as No Name did!

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Hear that gushing sound? That is my heart bleeding for Larry. You nasty son of a bitch.

He was not a nice guy.

Even when I was a teen, I took a disliking to Hustler. The kind of dislike you have when someone stupid, is talking down to you - as if you're even more stupid. Flynt was an oily son of a bitch - and skirted the edges of the law in more ways than one.

His sainted wife, Althea Leasure Flynt...got to know Larry when she was fifteen. Larry hired her to be a stripper in the Hustler Club in Columbus - two blocks from the Ohio State House, so you know the type of clientele he got, and that he was under protection. Probably for pay.

I don't know it, but it was almost-certainly a front for prostitution. And Althea was working there, with false papers - if Larry even checked. And, they didn't go to the altar because they shared life philosophies - probably, as happens in these clubs, the owner or manager (that would be Larry) was road-testing the talent. As Larry got big with Hustler taking off, he probably figured it would be best to put up a normal front.

Althea died of AIDS, back in the early 1980s. Interestingly, Larry never got it - but then he got shot in 1978. Poor Larry...made all his money off very-young female flesh, and takes a bullet that renders him a softy forever.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
RIP-Aunt Jemima. Killed by woke culture.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
RIP-Aunt Jemima. Killed by woke culture.

I hated that stuff. My mother came from Maple Syrup country; and she'd always buy a year's supply when up in her hometown.

So, I never got really a taste of that corn-syrup swill.

Doesn't matter now - as a diabetic, I can have neither pancakes nor syrup. At least I can still have cheese omelettes...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
But I hope that PepsiCo finds that the new product doesn't sell.

Another great brand and legacy destroyed. Not that it matters - it's all gonna be China filth in a few years of Xiden...

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Erase a well regarded black icon in the name of helping blacks. Who else but the liberals could be that smart?

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
but, at the end of the day, all that's really happening is that the liberals are cancelling the black population

and the blacks don't even seem to notice or care

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I hated that stuff. My mother came from Maple Syrup country; and she'd always buy a year's supply when up in her hometown.

So, I never got really a taste of that corn-syrup swill.

Doesn't matter now - as a diabetic, I can have neither pancakes nor syrup. At least I can still have cheese omelettes...
High fructose corn syrup is extremely bad for you. Dump it and use the real thing. I did that many years ago

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
High fructose corn syrup is extremely bad for you. Dump it and use the real thing. I did that many years ago
The syrup is crap - only Maple 4 me... however the pancake mix worked fine (but never looked at the ingredients...)

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
We make our own syrup. Unca Walt and Tazzeare can vouch for its deliciousness! Lol. My wife and I are spoiled!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The syrup is crap - only Maple 4 me... however the pancake mix worked fine (but never looked at the ingredients...)
Bisquik pancakes are one of the best!

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Chick Corea, Jazz Fusion Pioneer, Has Died Of Cancer At 79 The wide-ranging keyboardist, composer and bandleader died Feb. 9 of cancer. He was one of the fathers of jazz fusion, with his work spanning from acoustic jazz to his own interpretations of Mozart.

Last edited:

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i remember this music, it's an attempt at playing as much off key and around standard tempos as any group of musicians can get

it's full bore, some of it is really good, some of it sounds like they tried too hard

and in that video, the outfits were so flamboyant - so gay...snort

and that was stanley clark on the bass iirc and was that al dimeola on guitar?

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i remember this music, it's an attempt at playing as much off key and around standard tempos as any group of musicians can get

it's full bore, some of it is really good, some of it sounds like they tried too hard

and in that video, the outfits were so flamboyant - so gay...snort

and that was stanley clark on the bass iirc and was that al dimeola on guitar?
...yes..Return to Forever...can get complicated...at times for us mortals it's a bit much BUT...the cohesiveness, syncopated groove and hooks ...a great talent fo sho.

I still listen to them, 40+ years later. ...nothing like playing fast, tasteful runs with the right hand and those 6(a joke)finger chords with the left...uniquely original...will miss him...RIP sir.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

These were/are those kind of musicians that understood that there really is no such thing as "wrong notes" in a composition, a common feature in ALL flavors of jazz. In western scales there's only 13 notes in just under 7 octaves. Eastern music allows slightly more. Then there are acceptable "concert tunings", formerly A432 and now A440 in the west and in the east it sort of depends on what region you're in. Once you know the size of the playground and where the fence is you are at liberty to play whatever you want in any way you want. The only limits within this playground are what each individual is comfortable with.

Chick Corea was one of the greats, one of the explorers of what is possible. He will be missed.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
he won't be forgotten...

RIP

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Partisan hack, good riddance.

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Hopefully Mark Steyn takes over the show full time.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Breaking.

After a two year battle, Rush Limbaugh has succumbed to lung cancer.

Love him or hate him, he revolutionized radio.

RIP Big Guy.

This sucks