• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
No mention on CNN yet.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Oh no, I hate that-----

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
A sad day indeed.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
1613582696479.png

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
R.I.P. Thanks for waking some folks up.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Conservative Talk Radio Icon Rush Limbaugh Dead At 70
db-Daniel-Baldwin-150x150.jpg
by Daniel Baldwin
February 17, 2021

Conservative radio personality and icon Rush Limbaugh passed away from Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 70 on Feb. 17, 2021. Rush announced that he was diagnosed with the cancer in February 2020. Rush was married to Kathryn Adams Limbaugh for ten years.

Rush grew up in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. He worked his first radio job at the age of 16 at a radio station called KGMO in his hometown, sparking a passion and love for something he would do his whole life.

Rush dropped out of Southeast Missouri State University in his second semester to pursue a career in radio full-time. He jumped from station to station, trying to establish himself as a radio DJ. Taft Broadcasting even told Rush that he would never become a successful on air radio host.

After a brief stint working as the director of promotions for the Kansas City Royals, Limbaugh dove back into radio and had his first big break in Sacramento, CA. Limbaugh tripled the program’s ratings and bigger stations took notice.

In 1988, Limbaugh was offered the opportunity of a lifetime. He started a show at WABC in New York and has never looked back.

Rush built a national platform with over 20 million listeners weekly in the 1990s. People often call Rush a trailblazer and a trendsetter, and that is definitely true. He unapologetically stormed onto the scene with a loud, tell-it-how-it-is style that resonated with conservatives across America. Limbaugh gave a voice to those who felt like they were forgotten. He said the things that so many Americans felt, but did not believe they could say out loud.

His booming, brazen voice blaring out of radios across the country galvanted Republicans in a way no one had ever seen before. So many conservatives developed a distinctly personal relationship with Rush. For three hours each day, millions of Americans would tune in to hear Rush lambast and excoriate liberalism for three hours.

Rush’s sense of humor was a staple of his show. He would often describe himself as an “entertainer.” Whether it was using music to introduce certain segments or nicknaming his political enemies, Rush knew what his audience wanted and knew how to deliver it. His skill and devotion has been rewarded by being inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame and the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame.

Part of Rush’s legacy is helping Americans realize that the mainstream media was not objective as they claimed they were. He started the movement (which President Trump picked up) to show the American people that the media was in fact biased and had ulterior motives. This style helped pave the way for other right-wing news outlets such as Fox News (1996) and Newsmax (1998).

Rush’s influence over American politics was so significant that when Newt Gingrich and Republicans took control over the House of Representatives in 1994, they appointed him as an honorary member of the incoming class of 1995. They credited Rush with helping them get out the vote and incentivizing Republicans to come out and have their voices heard.

Over his career, Rush wrote seven books which skyrocketed to the top of best seller lists. His monthly Limbaugh Letter was mailed out to close to half a million of his fans. He even started his own line of neckties called No Boundaries (perfectly on brand).

More recently, Rush Limbaugh was one of the first members of the media to support former President Donald Trump back when he was bidding for the presidency.

In his 2020 State of the Union speech, Trump surprised Rush by awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the country’s highest civilian honor.

Ultimately, Rush Limbaugh was the voice of the common man. People loved him because he cared. He wasn’t just a talking head. He stood up for the conservative values that so many Americans hold dear and fought for them.

The world is worse for wear without Rush. He was a once-in-a-generation talent. But more importantly, he was a once-in-a-generation person. A person that inspired countless Americans with his messaging, his humor, and his love.

Rush signed off for the year of 2020 thanking his audience for everything. He expressed gratitude for the love and support he’s received over the years. I think I speak for everyone in saying that all I wanted to do was reach out and say, “No, thank you, Rush.”

Regardless of what’s in store for our country down the road, one thing will remain true forever: Rush Limbaugh is an American hero.

Rest in peace.

https://rfangle.com/politics/rush-limbaugh-dead-70-stage-iv-lung-cancer/

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Breaking.

After a two year battle, Rush Limbaugh has succumbed to lung cancer.

Love him or hate him, he revolutionized radio.

RIP Big Guy.

cry:

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I seldom listened to him. But I will not speak ill of him.
RIP sir.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unreplaceable...between my former nicotined stained fingers...
With half my brain tied behind my back..
I remember that phrase from years ago...RIP.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Listen to what others around you say about him.

Thats what they think of you.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Listen to what others around you say about him.

Thats what they think of you.
true, regardless of whether they know it or not

the sword that cuts both ways

the tongue

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup I remember all of the old updates and funny ads, Spatula city and many others. I actually shed some tears. RIP Rush. Loved you from the start....cry:

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no, I hate that-----
i know what you mean...

now i gotta find another station to listen to

and maybe after all, that's good, because the buttion i have Limbaugh on is a bit worn, in the first spot
maybe now i'll find a good station on one of the other buttons, maybe on #3, i can still read the 3, it's really clear

:2 thumbs up:

RIP Rush

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
i was rebuilding an engine, an old 7.3l or a 6.2l, idk, diesel in a flat bed 1 ton iirc(lol, crs)...when i was introduced to him, 1989 iirc

his show was AM broadcast twice, around here, once from LA and the second broadcast was local, iirc, but i listened to his program twice a day, same program, but it was pre-internet and was 'good background noise', i could listen to his whole show, by putting the two shows together...LOL, anyways

i liked his TV program, too bad that part didn't last, but, lately, he was able to put it all out there with his web site

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I seldom listened to him. But I will not speak ill of him.
RIP sir.

respect

we used to listen to him on our 30 minute lunch breaks back in the construction days and I’ll always remember his Condom Update with the theme song UpUp and Away In My Beautiful Balloon .....

then he did some kind of animal rights update that had the theme song Born Free and after a few licks guns would start blasting in the background....always put a smile on my face

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
then he did some kind of animal rights update that had the theme song Born Free and after a few licks guns would start blasting in the background....always put a smile on my face
Never heard it but just your description made me smile.

Timekeeper35

Reaction score
Started listening to him when Bill Clinton was campaigning for president against Bush. Thanks for the all you did for us Rush. RIP

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Partisan hack, good riddance.
He wasn’t actually, but you wouldn’t know that. He really was partisan to America, Americans, the Constitution and our way of life, though. Maybe you take exception to that.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I turned on the radio, a while ago and they were playing an old audio clip of Rush, from 1990. I got a bad feeling, right then, but then his voice came back on, in real time and I felt relieved. Later, during a commercial break, they announced his passing. I knew it was coming, but it’s still a sad day in this country. I will miss Rush Limbaugh. We shared the same birthday, but he had seven years on me.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
respect

we used to listen to him on our 30 minute lunch breaks back in the construction days and I’ll always remember his Condom Update with the theme song UpUp and Away In My Beautiful Balloon .....

He had a very under appreciated sense of humor, and a very sarcastic humor at that. I didn't really listen to him that much until 4 or 5 years ago. His mocking commercials were fantastic and I'm Sure they hit their targets and got under the skin.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
RIP Rush. You will never be equaled.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
TRUMP on RUSH:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
C107B49A-F529-4D50-8F40-07FBDC335BB2.jpeg

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dan's

Bake

Sale.

I was on my way there when the water pump in my truck died on I-25. :shit happens: