• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know you will be broken up over this.

Hairy Legs Biden should declare a week of mourning and fly all flags half staff. Maybe establish a national holiday.

Last edited:

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
Reaction score
I know you will be broken up over this.

Lil Loaded, '6Locc 6A6y' rapper, dead at age 20​

By Joe Sutton and Hannah Sarisohn, CNN 5 hrs ago

Texas rapper Lil Loaded, 20, has died, his attorney Ashkan Mehryari told CNN.
a man standing on a stage: Rapper Lil Loaded performs in Atlanta in March 2020.
© Prince Williams/Wireimage/Getty Images Rapper Lil Loaded performs in Atlanta in March 2020.
"Sadly, I can confirm Mr. Robertson passed away as a result of a reported suicide," Mehryari wrote in an email to CNN on Tuesday.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's office did not yet have a cause or manner of death when contacted by CNN.
Lil Loaded, whose real name is Dashawn Robertson, was facing a manslaughter charge for a fatal shooting last October, court records show.
"While pending charges as serious as Mr. Robertson's can be exceedingly stressful, and it certainly may have contributed to this tragic outcome, I believe he was in a good place mentally with regard to the charges and our upcoming court date," Mehryari said, adding Robertson's death came as a "complete shock."
Robertson's song '6Locc 6A6y' was certified gold just last week by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Was he vaccinated during the weekend?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think Goldhedge nailed it.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I young mother friend of mine died of this. It is horrendously painful and her children were left with their estranged dad.
That is sad. Hopefully "Dad" just had issue with his Ex. but loved his kids. Only they know.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Vast majority of Suicides made that decision in advance and are calm in their attitude and mentality.
One of the signs to look for when a person has talked about suicide in the last 48 hrs.
If it is a family member DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE until YOU get them to a Mental Health professional for a professional diagnosis.
The "patient" should be kept under psych. eval. for at least a few days if not longer to assure medicines have kicked in.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Vast majority of Suicides made that decision in advance and are calm in their attitude and mentality.
One of the signs to look for when a person has talked about suicide in the last 48 hrs.
If it is a family member DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE until YOU get them to a Mental Health professional for a professional diagnosis.
The "patient" should be kept under psych. eval. for at least a few days if not longer to assure medicines have kicked in.
A Nam vet buddy of mine could not take it anymore. RIP Bill Rogers.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Are there any numbers of Vietnam cong fighters with shell shock, suicides...how do they deal with it?
They are human. There is a blue ton of human wreckage in the Nam. They either die, fade away, or stay alive in misery without any VA help no matter how little.

Didja hear about the VC that was being brought back to DaNang when a B-52 flew over? He fell to the ground in terror and shit himself, curled up into a ball.

They are human. One more thing about PTSD -- it can become a problem several years later. Surprise! EEK.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They are human. There is a blue ton of human wreckage in the Nam. They either die, fade away, or stay alive in misery without any VA help no matter how little.

Didja hear about the VC that was being brought back to DaNang when a B-52 flew over? He fell to the ground in terror and shit himself, curled up into a ball.

They are human. One more thing about PTSD -- it can become a problem several years later. Surprise! EEK.

Triggers..., Ya just never really come home.
C558D92E-BABB-4109-AC57-1E2FF67EF4E0.jpeg

‘The Thirteenth Valley,’
by John Del Vecchio

For those of us that weren’t there. It might help you understand it a little bit. Recommended to me by a guy who was there. It took awhile for it to really sink in.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
My accountant died and I went to his funeral last week. Miss him what a great guy. He had complications after knee replacement. RIP 61 yo.

Also lost a route manager client last week. 67 yo was trying to retire.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My accountant died and I went to his funeral last week. Miss him what a great guy. He had complications after knee replacement. RIP 61 yo.

Also lost a route manager client last week. 67 yo was trying to retire.
he officially made it...

RIP

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Ned Beatty, RIP. Had one of the best speeches about how corrupt .g0v works in the movie Shooter.
Hilarious as "Dean" Martin in Back to School.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I found myself reading a little backstory on Deliverance, earlier this evening. Ned Beatty was a virtual nobody when John Boorman found him to play Bobby in Deliverance. Warner Brothers hardly gave him any working capital to film the movie, so he had to really search and scrape to find affordable actors. He got Burt Reynolds and Jon Voigt. Lee Marvin, Marlon Brando and Steve McQueen all turned it down. Then, he found Beatty and Ronnie Cox doing some light stage acting, somewhere. That film made a star out of Reynolds, relaunched Jon Voigt’s career, which was really sagging after Midnight Cowboy and made Beatty’s and Cox’s careers for them. It was a great movie. Very creepy, though, almost like a horror film.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Cue the banjo music! Rip
A funny little note on that music. A couple, actually. Since WB gave Boorman so little money to make Deliverance, he went into a recording studio with a couple of banjo players and spent a couple of hours on that piece of music and that became the whole background score for the movie, basically. Also, the kid who played the part of the young banjo player in the movie liked Ronnie Cox, but didn’t like Ned Beatty at all. So, when they wanted him to turn sour at the end of their guitar/banjo duet, they got Beatty to get into the kid’s space and got the desired effect.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
A funny little note on that music. A couple, actually. Since WB gave Boorman so little money to make Deliverance, he went into a recording studio with a couple of banjo players and spent a couple of hours on that piece of music and that became the whole background score for the movie, basically. Also, the kid who played the part of the young banjo player in the movie liked Ronnie Cox, but didn’t like Ned Beatty at all. So, when they wanted him to turn sour at the end of their guitar/banjo duet, they got Beatty to get into the kid’s space and got the desired effect.

That tune was my first real exposure to the banjo. I've been a bluegrass fan ever since.

But why is the tune called Dueling Banjos when it's a banjo vs. a guitar? :D

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That tune was my first real exposure to the banjo. I've been a bluegrass fan ever since.

That’s a helluva good question. Maybe cause dueling banjo-guitar sounds funny.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
But why is the tune called Dueling Banjos when it's a banjo vs. a guitar?
Originally it was 2 banjers... the movie was guitar and banjer.... probably because 2 banjers are obnoxious....?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

The producers stole that riff. From a black bluegrass performer who did it with banjos.

Forget the name of the guy who wrote/jammed/performed it...IIRC, he died this year.

His ensemble was just jamming during one performance; and later he wrote it down. Guess it was recorded on an album or video somewhere; and the Deliverance screenwriter thought it would be a good interlude and segue.

The creator-performer spent two decades suing to get something of royalties and credit. He got a token amount paid, but no credit officially.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Originally it was 2 banjers... the movie was guitar and banjer.... probably because 2 banjers are obnoxious....?

Roy Clarke was kickass!!!