• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Saw them live. Too loud and mostly distortion. He liked percocets a lot.

Rollie Free

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Saw them when I was 18-20. They were my favorite band. Two bands really. Gritty, bluesy, gospel type stuff early on. They were great artists. Went more rockabilly techno. Then really faded away quality wise. Trying to pick my favorite album could be an eternal discussion.

"If you think she's bad you ought to see her sister".

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Last cast for The Pocket Fisherman.

Au-myn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Last cast for The Pocket Fisherman.
I remember those commercials. LOL. I used to fish a lot back then. Every once in
a while you would see some dude pull out the pocket. Still have my Finwick Eagle graphite rod!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I remember those commercials. LOL. I used to fish a lot back then. Every once in
a while you would see some dude pull out the pocket. Still have my Finwick Eagle graphite rod!
I still have the Showtime Rotisserie we've had stored in the basement for years. The wife never really embraced it because she looked at it as another thing to clean (I can't argue the point) It was used once and is still in pristine condition, including all the extras that go with it.

I'm taking bids ! :2 thumbs up:

1627576654216.png

:gold::gold:

Last edited:

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He did a pasta maker and gave out the simplest white clam sauce recipe that I use.

Rollie Free

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My parents talked of buying some Popeil apparatus that was basically a cut rate blender. A neighbor borrowed it and brought it back and said there was now tomato sauce all over their ceiling.

My favorite was the can of spray that was supposed to cover up bald spots but that inside the egg scrambler was a classic. I like that he voiced over his own commercials.

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
The rotisserie makes the best prime rib!

Alton

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
RIP Dusty Hill. Listened to Tres Hombres after consuming some shrooms and feasting on steak then smokin' a big fatty. Still groove on them tunes to this day and all the others they made. Still play some on my guitar and wear my Cheap Sunglasses and contemplate those TV Dinners.

RIP Ron Popeil. Though I never bought any of your products I always was entertained by your presentations and lived through your impact on American culture. Your efforts changed the face of TV to where today we have Phil Swift and the marvels of Flex Seal! As the Wicked Witch of the West said, "What a world, What a world" and I am thankful you were a vital part of that.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I always wonder about the jab...

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

ENCINO, Texas (AP) — An overloaded van carrying about 25 migrants crashed Wednesday on a remote South Texas highway, killing at least 11 people, including the driver, and injuring more than a dozen others, authorities said.

The crash happened shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. 281 in Encino, Texas, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of McAllen. Brooks County Sheriff Urbino Martinez says the van, designed to hold 15 passengers, was speeding and top-heavy when it tipped over when the driver lost control on a curve. The van was not being pursued, Martinez said.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

ENCINO, Texas (AP) — An overloaded van carrying about 25 migrants crashed Wednesday on a remote South Texas highway, killing at least 11 people, including the driver, and injuring more than a dozen others, authorities said.

The crash happened shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. 281 in Encino, Texas, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of McAllen. Brooks County Sheriff Urbino Martinez says the van, designed to hold 15 passengers, was speeding and top-heavy when it tipped over when the driver lost control on a curve. The van was not being pursued, Martinez said.
Shouldn't this be posted in the Good News thread?

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Trumka's death comes just one week after he endorsed mandatory vaccinations for union workers following months of vaccine advocacy.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
When will the no good, lazy, money grubbing Republicans start putting the blame on Biden. He's the dipshit that is allowing this to continue.
There are no real Republicans. There is only the Uniparty and only beholding to themselves and their own interests. Supporting any political party in this country is a mistake. The concept of political parties is what has ultimately allowed the country to be undermined and pretty much reshaped into the oligarchy in place today.

Don't expect anything positive to come out of the Republican party. You'll only be fooling yourselves if you do!

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Trumka's death comes just one week after he endorsed mandatory vaccinations for union workers following months of vaccine advocacy.
Yep, just another dem/prog/soc/commie. Will they bury him next to Hoffa? Did he take the jab?
Inquiring minds want to know.
No matter, now he's a good communist.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Yep, just another dem/prog/soc/commie. Will they bury him next to Hoffa? Did he take the jab?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Another union hack is dead, that's good enough for me

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
death of the 'old guard'

it's the 'next generation' that's going to be even worse as that morality caboose, the one we used to drag along with us, has been replaced by electronic sensors that relay 'current conditions' up to those in charge

personal scoring comes along after the technology is perfected

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
When will the no good, lazy, money grubbing Republicans start putting the blame on Biden. He's the dipshit that is allowing this to continue.
The GOP senators could Impeach Biden over his lack of controlling the Southern Border Illegal Migration, but there is not a peep from the Good Ol' Puppets.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The GOP senators could Impeach Biden over his lack of controlling the Southern Border Illegal Migration, but there is not a peep from the Good Ol' Puppets.
they can't do that until after Jan 20(?), 2022

Kamala will get a near complete 10 run year at us

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Markie Post Dies: Actress Known For ‘Night Court’, ‘The Fall Guy’ & More Was 70​

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/markie-post-dies-actress-known-055101778.html

01715cf6924db9e9f01c7a4a0180cfc8

Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with cancer. She was 70.

Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed her passing to Deadline.

Born on November 4, 1950 in Palo Alto, California, Post got her start in entertainment by working behind the scenes on game shows, including Split Second, earning an associate producer credit on Alex Trebek’s Double Dare, and appearing before the camera as a card dealer on NBC’s Card Sharks.

Her first acting credits came in 1979, with appearances on episodes of CHiPs, Barnaby Jones, The Incredible Hulk, The Lazarus Syndrome, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and Hart to Hart.

She’d later appear in series such as The Love Boat, Cheers, Fantasy Island and The A-Team, before landing the role of bail bondswoman Terri Michaels in ABC’s The Fall Guy. She appeared in 65 episodes of that action drama between 1982 and 1985.

Post was also a series regular on NBC’s Night Court, portraying public defender Christine Sullivan for 159 episodes between 1985 and 1992. She also drew notice with her turn as Georgie Anne Lahti Hartman in Hearts Afire, the CBS sitcom, in which she starred opposite John Ritter.

Later in her career, Post recurred on Scrubs, as the mother of Dr. Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke), in addition to Chicago P.D. and other series, portraying herself in a 2008 episode of 30 Rock.

On the film side, Post was perhaps best known for playing the mother of Cameron Diaz’s Mary in Peter and Bobby Farrelly’s classic 1998 comedy, There’s Something About Mary.

Post was determined to keep pursuing acting as “a side job”, even as she got sick. Between chemo treatments, she worked on projects such as Lifetime Christmas movie Four Christmases and a Wedding and ABC series The Kids Are Alright.

“But for us, our pride is in who she was in addition to acting; a person who made elaborate cakes for friends, sewed curtains for first apartments and showed us how to be kind, loving and forgiving in an often harsh world,” her family said in a statement.

Post is survived by her husband, writer Michael A. Ross; daughters, actress Kate Armstrong Ross and Daisy Schoenborn; son-in-law Bryce Schoenborn and her and Michael’s five-month-old granddaughter.

Plans for a memorial are being made, though specific details as to a time and place have not yet been disclosed.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
m2.jpeg

m1.jpeg

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score