• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Markie Post, a lot of entertainment in a small package...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Dang...Beautiful woman.
She was one of my fantasy girls back in the day. Rest in peace pretty lady and thanks for the years of entertaining us all!

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Blackhawks Hall of Fame goaltender Tony Esposito dies at 78​

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blackhawks-hall-fame-goaltender-tony-225109197.html

ANDREW SELIGMAN
Tue, August 10, 2021, 5:51 PM

CHICAGO (AP) — Tony Esposito made an immediate mark on the Chicago Blackhawks and a lasting impression on the NHL.

Esposito, the pioneering Hall of Famer who spent almost his entire 16-year career with the Blackhawks, died following a brief battle with pancreatic cancer, the team announced Tuesday. He was 78.

Esposito debuted with Montreal during the 1968-69 season and appeared in 13 games. He was then left unprotected with the Canadiens deep in goalies and taken by the Blackhawks in an intraleague draft for $25,000, an investment that paid immediate dividends for a team that was coming off a last-place finish in its division.

Esposito helped lead the Blackhawks to first place, showcasing his butterfly style to post a 2.17 goals-against average and 15 shutouts, still a modern record for an NHL goalie. He won the Calder Trophy as the NHL's rookie of the year as well as the Vezina Trophy given to the top goaltender. He also won the Vezina in 1972 and 1974.

“Tony was one of the most important and popular figures in the history of the franchise as we near its 100th anniversary," Blackhawks chairman Rocky Wirtz said. "Four generations of our family — my grandfather Arthur, my father Bill, my son Danny and I — were blessed by his work ethic as a Hall of Fame goalie, but more importantly, by his mere presence and spirit.”

The Esposito family called him a “Hall of Fame husband, father, and grandfather.”

“Chicago felt like home from the time Tony first arrived in 1969, thanks to the Wirtz family and those 18,000 Blackhawks fans
who treated him like family every night at the Stadium, win or lose or tie,” the family said in a statement.

Esposito was from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, just across the St. Mary's River from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and he helped Michigan Tech to an NCAA championship in 1965. His older brother, Phil, was a star in his own right, a Hall of Fame center who played 18 seasons in the NHL.

The younger Esposito's first NHL start was Dec. 5, 1968, against Boston — and his brother. Phil Esposito scored twice on his younger brother, but Tony made 33 saves and the game ended 2-2.

Commissioner Gary Bettman called him “a beloved member of the hockey family.”

“It was Esposito’s style, charisma and heart that endeared him most to hockey fans not only in Chicago but across the NHL,”
Bettman said. “The hockey world will miss him greatly.”

Esposito helped lead Chicago to the playoffs in 14 seasons. The Blackhawks reached the Stanley Cup Final in 1971 and 1973, losing each time to his former team, Montreal.

He is Chicago's career leader with 418 wins and 74 shutouts. His overall record of 423-306-151 ranks 10th in league history.
He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1988, joining his brother. And in 2017, he was selected by the league as one of the “100 Greatest Players in NHL History.”

The Blackhawks retired Esposito's No. 35 on Nov. 20, 1988, and paid tribute to him again on March 19, 2008. He was named a team ambassador in a pregame ceremony attended by franchise icons and former teammates Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita and
Denis Savard as well as his brother.

“It's a great feeling to be on this ice again. really miss it, I’ll tell you that," Esposito said as the crowd chanted “Tony! Tony!” “It's a pleasure and an honor to be back with the 'Hawks.”

Esposito also served as general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins and as chief scout in Tampa Bay, where he was hired by his brother. Phil is 79 and does radio work for the Lightning, a team he helped found.

“Tony was a founding, cornerstone member of the Lightning family who was a fixture at games and, along with his brother Phil, played in integral role in laying the groundwork for a successful franchise in the Sunshine State when many thought it was impossible,” the Lightning said in a statement. "His role cannot be understated. Tony was a true legend on the ice and off of it."

Former Blackhawks defenseman Doug Wilson called the news about his friend and mentor “heartbreaking.”

“He exuded leadership and class, while being one of the most dominant players ever seen at his position,” Wilson, the San Jose Sharks' general manager, said.

Esposito is survived by his wife Marilyn, sons Mark and Jason, Mark’s wife Kim and their children Lauren and Kamryn.

Rollie Free

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I have no data to back this up but has the amount of celebrity deaths skyrocketed here recently? Bobby Bowden I get but a lot of young pseudo celebrities (people I am not familiar with) show up in my newsfeeds. People in their 30s and 40s.

And the not funny thing is, they are rarely described as Covid deaths like EVERYTHING was last year. I have some suspicions but I hope I am dead wrong on the cause of this uptick.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
You know, I have no data to back this up but has the amount of celebrity deaths skyrocketed here recently? Bobby Bowden I get but a lot of young pseudo celebrities (people I am not familiar with) show up in my newsfeeds. People in their 30s and 40s.

And the not funny thing is, they are rarely described as Covid deaths like EVERYTHING was last year. I have some suspicions but I hope I am dead wrong on the cause of this uptick.
they will not be missed by most of us, regardless of how they leave this planet

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Concerns for Podmore first arose after she posted a message on social media. Police were called to her home at Cambridge, near Hamilton on New Zealand’s North Island, where she was found dead.

“With Olivia’s final words, she left us a message, a message that we wish will never have to be read again by anyone else,” Murray said. “We’re seeing locally and around the world the implications of mental health in sport.”

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if this is because "their person" is not really them but simply a sports figure. Once age or losses add up they have no other purpose in life. It was their life and they know nothing else. Little education or the reality of getting a job.

No different than a kid that bets his ENTIRE future on football riches only to tear up an ACL in the final high school or college game before being recruited. Broke and bitter.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if this is because "their person" is not really them but simply a sports figure. Once age or losses add up they have no other purpose in life. It was their life and they know nothing else. Little education or the reality of getting a job.

No different than a kid that bets his ENTIRE future on football riches only to tear up an ACL in the final high school or college game before being recruited. Broke and bitter.

There are a few "disappointment" syndromes out there, such as "washed-up athletes", "washed-up actors", "washed-up ex-"pretty girls"...

Hard to handle if that was your ONLY FOCUS in life... No more "free celebrity fame"...

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Wife was a tennis 'star' in HS and college. She acquired 'friends' because of it. "Clinger's" on the fame aspect.

She's pretty level headed in her 60's, but there's one fella she played doubles with that never left the court. He's still (re)'living the dream'. She's moved on as if that was a lifetime ago - and it was.

I'm sure the pressure these days is way higher than she had. Kids these days aren't kids for long before adult pressures are a reality. "What gender are you?" for instance? There's a lot of psychological pressure to excel so you don't disappoint your homies.

Gymnast Simone Biles comes to mind. She had the presence of mind to step back when she needed to.

Simone Biles, who shocked the Olympic world Tuesday when she pulled out of the U.S. team gymnastics finals, said the emotional toll of the Tokyo Games, not a physical injury, prompted her withdrawal.​

Media pressure is huge as well.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I know it's dumb to care about this stuff these days but this one still kills me, I was a Blackhawks fan back then.
That's not dumb, it shows you're human...

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I know dozens of people who's biggest, brightest, best accomplishment was something they did in high school sports and they never seem to grow beyond that.
They constantly cling to the remembrance of that moment, when all eyes were on them, and they were, for a brief period of time, "important".
Seems they always want to talk about the good old days and don't/can't realize life has passed them by.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I know dozens of people who's biggest, brightest, best accomplishment was something they did in high school sports and they never seem to grow beyond that.
They constantly cling to the remembrance of that moment, when all eyes were on them, and they were, for a brief period of time, "important".
Seems they always want to talk about the good old days and don't/can't realize life has passed them by.
"15 minutes of Fame"...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
They constantly cling to the remembrance of that moment

uh... way off topic... but in my 20's, I had a "one-night-stand" with a lady who had "abdominal muscles within her abdomen" to be polite... Won't ever forget that...

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"15 minutes of Fame"...
Too early in life to handle reality and just like child actors who get old - Reality moves on....

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
the wife unit tells me some of us 'stop growing' at certain ages due to a multitude of reasons

making a hero out of a child, fawning over them instead of parenting them, is but one path to ruination...or possibly a path to fortune and fame

one never knows until either it happens or it doesn't.......then the life-wreckage or life-change, can be properly judged

just saying, there are plenty of people who play pro sports who aren't all messed up at the end of the day...'sheep players' i'll call them

the back ground who never really receive much of either credit or scorn from life, they just seem to 'be there'

kinda weird

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I know it's dumb to care about this stuff these days but this one still kills me, I was a Blackhawks fan back then.

Those losses to The Canadians were heartbreaking back then. Sorry to see so many of the old Hawks gone now.
Man, the Stadium was a fantastic place.

Au-myn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I was a LA Kings fan as a teen. I remember going to the Fabulous Forum to see the Blackhawks and
the Boston Bruins with Bobby Orr, the best Hockey player I ever saw. Kings usually took a beating...

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
once upon a time, pro sports represented the city / state they played in

today, some foreigner comes in and plays and flys to a foreign country and spends his time lavishly, as a local, in another country with different customs...'we won' actually represents other countries sometimes

today, it's the rare opportunity to find a local sport athlete anywhere near that 'home team' beyond home game days....

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Purely coincidence I'm sure...

Michael Mitchell: 65-year-old “Braveheart” actor receives both Sinovac injections, then third Pfizer “booster” shot, dead six days later​

August 3, 20214 min readadmin
TheCOVIDBlog.com
August 3, 2021
Michael-Mitchell-243x300.png

Mr. Mike Mitchell.

FETHIYE, TURKEY — A 65-year-old actor, bodybuilder and former Mr. Universe is dead after proudly admitting his voluntary guinea pig status.

Mr. Michael Mitchell received his first experimental Sinovac Coronavac “inactivated virus” injection on February 22, according to his Facebook page. Coronavac is used pretty much everywhere (including Mexico and the Philippines) except the United States, Russia and Western Europe. He received the second injection on March 20. He reported no apparent adverse effects. But Mr. Mitchell and a friend immediately wondered if the China-made Coronavac injections would suffice for international travel.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.22.30 PM.png

Virtue signaling commences​

Note that Mr. Mitchell’s entire Facebook page was scrubbed of all posts sometime this past weekend. Only one post remains – his wedding announcement from 2013. But the virtue signaling was very strong after the second injection. Mr. Mitchell posted an image of Charlie Brown on March 31 that said “Good grief, just wear the mask.”

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.22.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.22.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.23.02 PM.png

He wrote on April 22 that COVID cases were up in Turkey because of “dimwits that don’t wear masks and social distance.”

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.25.38 PM.png

Mr. Mitchell then re-posted an article about a doctor who allegedly died of COVID-19 after refusing the experimental injections.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.26.42 PM.png

He posted the proverbial “fully vaccinated” banner on his profile photo on May 2. His May 5 update responded to people telling him he should not have received the experimental injections. Mr. Mitchell posted disinformation, saying that only 0.005% of all recipients of experimental injections suffered adverse reactions.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.27.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.27.51 PM.png

Mr. Mitchell appeared to celebrate what he considered good news on June 2 – that the World Health Organization (WHO) apparently approved Sinovac as a legitimate “vaccine.”

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.29.55 PM.png

Fatal injection​

The Sinovac approval was not enough to satisfy Mr. Mitchell. He announced on July 16 that he received a “third jab,” the experimental Pfizer mRNA injection. He also admitted being a guinea pig for pharmaceutical companies.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 10.30.42 PM.png

Five days later, he posted a lengthy update trying to justify his own behaviors and actions. He’d been wearing masks since last year to be “considerate to others for the common good.” Mr. Mitchell said, among other things, that wearing a mask isn’t a sign of weakness, but instead shows he is “caring and responsible.” Several of his friends agreed and commented accordingly.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Michael Mitchell: 65-year-old “Braveheart” actor receives both Sinovac injections, then third Pfizer “booster” shot, dead six days later​

TheCOVIDBlog.com
August 3, 2021

Mr. Mike Mitchell.

FETHIYE, TURKEY — A 65-year-old actor, bodybuilder and former Mr. Universe is dead after proudly admitting his voluntary guinea pig status.

Mr. Michael Mitchell received his first experimental Sinovac Coronavac “inactivated virus” injection on February 22, according to his Facebook page. Coronavac is used pretty much everywhere (including Mexico and the Philippines) except the United States, Russia and Western Europe. He received the second injection on March 20. He reported no apparent adverse effects. But Mr. Mitchell and a friend immediately wondered if the China-made Coronavac injections would suffice for international travel.

View attachment 221513

Note that Mr. Mitchell’s entire Facebook page was scrubbed of all posts sometime this past weekend. Only one post remains – his wedding announcement from 2013. But the virtue signaling was very strong after the second injection. Mr. Mitchell posted an image of Charlie Brown on March 31 that said “Good grief, just wear the mask.”

View attachment 221515
View attachment 221514

View attachment 221512

He wrote on April 22 that COVID cases were up in Turkey because of “dimwits that don’t wear masks and social distance.”

View attachment 221516

Mr. Mitchell then re-posted an article about a doctor who allegedly died of COVID-19 after refusing the experimental injections.

View attachment 221517

He posted the proverbial “fully vaccinated” banner on his profile photo on May 2. His May 5 update responded to people telling him he should not have received the experimental injections. Mr. Mitchell posted disinformation, saying that only 0.005% of all recipients of experimental injections suffered adverse reactions.

View attachment 221520

View attachment 221521

Mr. Mitchell appeared to celebrate what he considered good news on June 2 – that the World Health Organization (WHO) apparently approved Sinovac as a legitimate “vaccine.”

View attachment 221522

Fatal injection​

The Sinovac approval was not enough to satisfy Mr. Mitchell. He announced on July 16 that he received a “third jab,” the experimental Pfizer mRNA injection. He also admitted being a guinea pig for pharmaceutical companies.

View attachment 221524

Five days later, he posted a lengthy update trying to justify his own behaviors and actions. He’d been wearing masks since last year to be “considerate to others for the common good.” Mr. Mitchell said, among other things, that wearing a mask isn’t a sign of weakness, but instead shows he is “caring and responsible.” Several of his friends agreed and commented accordingly.

Could very well just have been coincidental...but it's also interesting that the vax has caused some heart issues with people. YOUNG people.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

TheCOVIDBlog.com
August 3, 2021

Mr. Mike Mitchell.

View attachment 221513

View attachment 221515
View attachment 221514

View attachment 221512

View attachment 221516

View attachment 221517

View attachment 221520

View attachment 221521

View attachment 221522

Fatal injection​

View attachment 221524

I'd love to share this with the pro-vaxxers I know - but it's guaranteed that they wouldn't read past the headline... and dismiss it immediately... Why?? - Once they decided to get the jabs, their minds were made up. And "revising their opinion" would mean that they'd been gullible & stooopid... and that they'd been "tricked"... And that all their "promoting" had been "spreading disinformation"... They'd rather "keep a curtain up" against that "attack to their self-esteem"...

Densus

Silver Miner
Reaction score

TheCOVIDBlog.com
August 3, 2021

Mr. Mike Mitchell.

View attachment 221513

View attachment 221515
View attachment 221514

View attachment 221512

View attachment 221516

View attachment 221517

View attachment 221520

View attachment 221521

View attachment 221522

Fatal injection​

View attachment 221524

1629117086225.png

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
RIP Carolyn Shoemaker

https://www.knau.org/post/remembering-carolyn-shoemaker-comet-hunter-1929-2021

The astronomy community has lost a pioneer. Famed Flagstaff astronomer Carolyn Shoemaker passed away Friday at the age of ninety-two. She discovered more than thirty comets in her lifetime, and blazed a path for women in the sciences. KNAU’s Melissa Sevigny spoke with her in 2017 about her unconventional journey into astronomy, and brings us this remembrance.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Detroit Tigers World Series championship catcher Bill Freehan dies at age 79​

11-time All-Star played on 1968 World Series team​

https://www.clickondetroit.com/spor...pionship-catcher-bill-freehan-dies-at-age-79/

Detroit Tigers catcher Bill Freehan in 1972. (Getty Images)

Detroit Tigers catcher Bill Freehan in 1972. (Getty Images)
DETROITBill Freehan, the catcher for the Detroit Tigers during the 1968 World Series championship, has died at the age of 79, the team announced.

Freehan played all 15 of his MLB seasons with the Tigers from 1961-1976, making 11 All-Star games and winning five Gold Glove awards.

In 1,774 career games, Freehan hit .262 with a .340 on-base percentage, 200 home runs and 241 doubles.

“It’s with a heavy heart that all of us with the Detroit Tigers extend our condolences to the friends and family of Bill Freehan,” the team said in a statement. “An all-time great Tiger, the Olde English ‘D’ was the only logo he wore over his 15-year Major League career, during which he was named to 11 All-Star teams, won five-straight Gold Glove awards and played a key role on the 1968 World Series Championship team. Off the diamond, Freehan made a positive impact in the southeast Michigan community, including as a player and then coach at the University of Michigan, where he changed the lives of many for the better. Our thoughts are with Bill’s wife, Pat, and the entire Freehan family.”

Here is a statement from Freehan’s teammate, Willie Horton:

Bill Freehan was one of the greatest men I’ve ever played alongside, or had the pleasure of knowing. I’ll always cherish our childhood memories together and our journey from sandlot baseball to Tiger Stadium. His entire Major League career was committed to the Tigers and the city of Detroit, and he was one of the most respected and talented members of the organization through some difficult yet important times throughout the 1960s and 70s. You’d be hard-pressed to find another athlete that had a bigger impact on his community over the course of his life than Bill, who will be sorely missed in Detroit and beyond.”

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

As Bill Freehan lies in hospice care, his wife reveals their love story​

Jeff Seidel
Detroit Free Press

Fifty years after helping the Tigers win the 1968 World Series, Bill Freehan suffers from dementia and is under the care of Hospice of Michigan at his home in northern Michigan.

Pat Freehan, Bill's wife of 55 years, is his primary caregiver.

If Bill Freehan, 76, was an example of how to play the game the right way, how to live life with character, then his wife is teaching us something even more important. It is a beautiful lesson in sacrifice, love and devotion. She feeds him. She moves him. She cares for him. She prays with him.

She does darn near everything.

The Freehans have been extremely private and guarded about Bill’s condition for years, but now Pat has decided to share details about her husband’s situation because she feels indebted to Hospice of Michigan. She is telling her husband’s story as part of a $5 million fundraising campaign that features dozens of sports celebrities, including Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, former Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins, former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr and my colleague, Free Press sports columnist Mitch Albom.

Going public “is not something that I really wanted to do, but I felt they have been so gracious,” Pat said of Hospice of Michigan. “Done everything they have promised. I just love the people who have helped me.”

Pat Freehan, wife of ex-Detroit Tigers catcher Bill Freehan.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Who???? Evidently they're saying this guy is DED!

1629489176233.png

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I can't believe we missed this one - and he was one of my favorites.

Bobby Bowden, who built Florida State football into a national powerhouse and directed the program with a folksy, southern charm, died early Sunday morning.

He was 91.
Check post #951

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score