• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
A cause of death was not immediately known.
Just taking a stab in the dark here, but I bet it was old age.... pneumonia - the old man's friend...

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Rod Gilbert, Hockey Hall of Famer Known as Mr. Ranger, Dies at 80​

Gilbert played his entire N.H.L. career with New York and is the franchise’s only player to score more than 400 goals.

Rod Gilbert after scoring his 300th career goal in 1974. He finished with 406, a Rangers franchise record.

Rod Gilbert after scoring his 300th career goal in 1974. He finished with 406, a Rangers franchise record.Credit...John Lent/Associated Press

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/sports/rod-gilbert-dead.html

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Rod Gilbert, Hockey Hall of Famer Known as Mr. Ranger, Dies at 80​

Gilbert played his entire N.H.L. career with New York and is the franchise’s only player to score more than 400 goals.

Rod Gilbert after scoring his 300th career goal in 1974. He finished with 406, a Rangers franchise record.

Rod Gilbert after scoring his 300th career goal in 1974. He finished with 406, a Rangers franchise record.Credit...John Lent/Associated Press

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/22/sports/rod-gilbert-dead.html
I remember this guy. He played on the same line as Jean Ratelle and Vic Hatfield. They were called the GAG (goal a game) line. Hockey was fun to watch back in those days! RIP Rod and thanks for the memories!

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an offbeat one for ya...

'Sweet, sweet Connie' in Grand Funk Railroad hit dies at 66​

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sweet-sweet-connie-grand-funk-191413152.html

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Connie Hamzy, a rock 'n' roll groupie from Arkansas who was immortalized as “sweet, sweet Connie” in the 1973 Grand Funk Railroad hit “We're an American Band,” has died. She was 66.

“I was determined to become a famous groupie,” Hamzy, who lived in Little Rock, told KTHV in 2019. “I really was.”

An obituary posted by Griffin Leggett Healey & Roth Funeral Home in Little Rock said she died Saturday. The Pulaski County Coroner had a report on her death but did not immediately release any details.

Hamzy told KTHV that she was finishing her senior year of high school when the manager of Grand Funk Railroad called to tell her that her name would be in one of the band's new songs. “I said, ‘Yeah I’ll have to see it to believe it,’” she said.

But that summer while she was at the lake with friends she heard an announcer on her transistor radio introduce the new song, and note that a local girl was in the first few lines, she said.

The song that's about the band touring and partying along the way begins: "Out on the road for forty days. Last night in Little Rock put me in a haze. Sweet, sweet Connie, doin' her act. She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.”

Grand Funk Railroad's Don Brewer, who wrote and sang lead vocals on “We’re An American Band," told The Associated Press: “So sorry to hear of Connie’s death. My memory of her is of a very outgoing ‘Sweet’ girl that wanted to be famous. That was her goal in life. May she Rest In Peace!”

Hamzy told the television station that she first got backstage at the age of 15 after her mother, who didn't want to deal with traffic, dropped her off early to see Steppenwolf at Barton Coliseum.

“We’d go out there and then we’d wander around the backstage area, and one thing would lead to another,” she told KTHV.

Hamzy, who worked for a time as a substitute teacher, hung out with groups that included Queen, the Eagles and Kiss, KTHV reported. Hamzy told the television station though that Van Halen was a particular favorite.

Michael Hibblen, the news director at KUAR, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he used to run into her sometimes at a Little Rock bar.

“She would sit there at the bar at The Town Pump and openly share her escapades with rock stars,” said Hibblen.

“She still had fun telling those stories," he said.

KARK-TV, which first reported Hamzy's death, reported that in June she signed autographs and posed for pictures at a reception for an exhibit titled “Play It Loud: Concerts at Barton Coliseum" at the Old State House.

Hamzy's cousin, Rita Lawrence, said Hamzy, an only child, never married.

“She was just a wild child, and she was really of that era, of the bands and all of that, that was her life, and she loved it,” Lawrence told the AP.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Jimmy Hayes, former NHL player, dead at 31​

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And hey, a famous groupie will welcome you to Rock-n-Roll heaven...

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Age 66.

Thanks...no. If that's Heaven...maybe it's better to check out another place.
Sooner or later, a "Gummie" job is in your future, a poligrip special if you like...

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My favorite member of the Stones.
Because his instrument was never out of tune.
just sayin.....

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
We all expected Keith to be first

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Here's an offbeat one for ya...

'Sweet, sweet Connie' in Grand Funk Railroad hit dies at 66​

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sweet-sweet-connie-grand-funk-191413152.html

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Connie Hamzy, a rock 'n' roll groupie from Arkansas who was immortalized as “sweet, sweet Connie” in the 1973 Grand Funk Railroad hit “We're an American Band,” has died. She was 66.

“I was determined to become a famous groupie,” Hamzy, who lived in Little Rock, told KTHV in 2019. “I really was.”

An obituary posted by Griffin Leggett Healey & Roth Funeral Home in Little Rock said she died Saturday. The Pulaski County Coroner had a report on her death but did not immediately release any details.

Hamzy told KTHV that she was finishing her senior year of high school when the manager of Grand Funk Railroad called to tell her that her name would be in one of the band's new songs. “I said, ‘Yeah I’ll have to see it to believe it,’” she said.

But that summer while she was at the lake with friends she heard an announcer on her transistor radio introduce the new song, and note that a local girl was in the first few lines, she said.

The song that's about the band touring and partying along the way begins: "Out on the road for forty days. Last night in Little Rock put me in a haze. Sweet, sweet Connie, doin' her act. She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.”

Grand Funk Railroad's Don Brewer, who wrote and sang lead vocals on “We’re An American Band," told The Associated Press: “So sorry to hear of Connie’s death. My memory of her is of a very outgoing ‘Sweet’ girl that wanted to be famous. That was her goal in life. May she Rest In Peace!”

Hamzy told the television station that she first got backstage at the age of 15 after her mother, who didn't want to deal with traffic, dropped her off early to see Steppenwolf at Barton Coliseum.

“We’d go out there and then we’d wander around the backstage area, and one thing would lead to another,” she told KTHV.

Hamzy, who worked for a time as a substitute teacher, hung out with groups that included Queen, the Eagles and Kiss, KTHV reported. Hamzy told the television station though that Van Halen was a particular favorite.

Michael Hibblen, the news director at KUAR, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he used to run into her sometimes at a Little Rock bar.

“She would sit there at the bar at The Town Pump and openly share her escapades with rock stars,” said Hibblen.

“She still had fun telling those stories," he said.

KARK-TV, which first reported Hamzy's death, reported that in June she signed autographs and posed for pictures at a reception for an exhibit titled “Play It Loud: Concerts at Barton Coliseum" at the Old State House.

Hamzy's cousin, Rita Lawrence, said Hamzy, an only child, never married.

“She was just a wild child, and she was really of that era, of the bands and all of that, that was her life, and she loved it,” Lawrence told the AP.

Looks like she was "rode hard & put up wet"...

Connie Hamzy.jpg

Connie Hamzy2.jpg

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think when we go to the other side of eternity it will be all sorted out for us...like it or lump it.

And then you just have to come back as some other iteration until you get it together enough to rejoin the one, which of course you never really left except for the you...

Last edited:

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Grand Funk Railroad's Don Brewer, who wrote and sang lead vocals on “We’re An American Band," told The Associated Press: “... My memory of her is of a very outgoing ‘Sweet’ girl that wanted to be famous. That was her goal in life.

I'm thinking, couldn't one say that of Kamala's spreading in politics...

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Cigarettes are especially hard on ya.

The smokers lament...

“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”​

― Mark Twain

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I think when we go to the other side of eternity it will be all sorted out for us...like it or lump it.
I don't worry about that part. I figure if I'm meant to know, I'd be told.

I doubt there's anything close to sex in whatever hereafter there is...that's a very physical, animal drive. Irrelevant in a non-corporal world.

If there is even that...

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I doubt there's anything close to sex in whatever hereafter there is...that's a very physical, animal drive. Irrelevant in a non-corporal world.

Since we can only speculate, perhaps if one does it right, like the incredible soaring of corporal loving, it is as all encompassing of all when we have corporal sex but only that if it's the most perfect you have ever had with your true partner. That's heaven. Hell is the other way...

Who knows...

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Beauty fades with time...

Unless you're a guy, then you get better looking every day!

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
can you repeat that Jay? i was too busy bragging over here about how wise i've become...

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Radio said Charlie never missed a show. Started in 1963.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Beauty fades with time...

Unless you're a guy, then you get better looking every day!
Yep the "bloom falls quickly from the rose".

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
and greyer
Or whiter.

I have a moustache that would make John Bolton envious. Although I jettisoned the oh-so-70s Dry Look haircut when a bald spot appeared. He still has his...geez. In grey.

The hairstylist who learned how to do men's hair like that in cosmetology school, back about 1978, would be eligible for Social Security now.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Just one reason I am more afraid of the jab than I am of the wu flu. And I’m not very afraid of the flu.
You mean the 1.5% death rate doesn't scare you yet?