• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So, as shown, he had ZERO training in handling, clearing, or even moving, firearms. Much less how to examine the ammo in the chambers or magazine, see if it was (likely) blanks or if there's a lead projectile poking out.

He was never taught gun safety because its Hollywood and they use 'prop guns'. If these prop guns shoot 'blanks' then how the hell can anyone think they can't shoot live ammo?
Exactly and he presents himself as all-knowing about the evil of guns.

too bad for the two victims of gun violence but,

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Agreed but blanks can eject wadding out of the firearm and if someone is too close to the blast from the escaping gasses, this can cause traumatic injuries as with the case of John-Erik Hexam who thought he could play Russian Roulette with a handgun filled with blanks. Needless to say Hexam is no longer with us.

If I remember correctly, several states passed laws, due to on set deaths from prop guns that banned live ammo on sets (unless under intense supervision) and that the actors need to take a firearm safety class that includes the actor being able to check the firearm for mis-loaded prop guns. I guess New Mexico doesn't have that law or it was disregarded.
I doubt NM has the law. Studios are moving filming OUT of CaliAztlan because of the hyper-regulation...many stipulations are silly.

Buried in the costly nonsense was a commonsense restriction on the use of live ammo in firearms on sets. And that was one more thing ignored.

I can see someone as stupid and arrogant as Baldwin, refusing to take a firearms safety class. He doesn't need it - he KNOWS about guns! They're BAD!

I doubt this woman was killed with a blank pistol screwed into her head; but given the sorry state of nooze reportage, it's possible. Again, that's one MOAR safety bit that's being ignored. Right there with, "Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to strike" or "Treat all firearms as if they're loaded, unless you've cleared and disassembled them personally."

The local gun counter of the regional sports equipment chain here, has a commonsense stipulation. All handguns brought through the front door must have a yellow zip tie put through the barrel, from the breech or chamber out the muzzle. No exceptions. The greeter sends the weapon-holder to the service counter, where a manager checks for a clear chamber and puts the zip-tie through it.

I can imagine some concealed-carry types bristling, but given our (up to now) low crime rate, it's a fair compromise. No one has been accidentally shot in that store.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1634913885581.png

I wonder what they're trying to distract us from!

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Got rid of a "witness"? hmm...

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Jazz guitarist Pat Martino, a virtuoso twice over, dies at 77​

November 2, 2021

gettyimages-1097122874_custom-9769dbc9dbd6dafa08589012ed13f2548045f2ac-s1100-c50.jpg

Pat Martino posing with his guitar in 1994. The celebrated jazz guitarist died Nov. 1 at age 77.
Michel Delsol/Michel Delsol/Getty Images

Pat Martino, a jazz guitarist revered for the fluid precision and blistering speed of his playing — both before and after he was forced to relearn the instrument following a mid-career brain aneurysm — died on Monday. He was 77 years old.

His death was announced on Facebook by his longtime manager, Joseph Donofrio. Martino, born Patrick Azzara, died after a long illness in the South Philadelphia row home formerly owned by his parents, where he moved in 1980 after undergoing neurosurgery that saved his life — at the near-total cost of his memory. The guitarist had been suffering from a chronic respiratory disorder since 2018, breathing with oxygen support and unable to play since a tour of Italy that November. He is survived by his wife, Ayako.

Martino's career spanned six decades and a variety of styles, from his formative years performing in organ groups to the Wes Montgomery-influenced hard bop of his early recordings, spiritual explorations in the late 60s ceding to the blazing, virtuosic fusion of 1970s classics like Joyous Lake.

Regardless of the setting, Martino played the guitar with an intensity of focus and impeccable clarity at even the most dizzying pace. Always retaining the soul and buoyant groove that he honed at the side of master jazz organists like Charles Earland, Don Patterson and Jack McDuff, Martino melded that profound feel with a rock-fueled ferocity born of a questing spirit rather than aggression.

audio

That evolution was suddenly interrupted in 1980 when Martino suffered the near-fatal seizure that left him to rebuild his memory and his career from scratch. He had been born with an arteriovenous malformation, a condition that had led him to suffer hallucinations and seizures since childhood but remained misdiagnosed.

Martino emerged from the experience with a newfound, Zen-like outlook. In an interview for the Philadelphia Inquirer in 2011, he referred to the experience as "the greatest thing that ever happened to me." While his philosophical bent was presaged by titles like "Consciousness" and "Where Love's a Grown-Up God," the guitarist later viewed the early part of his career as driven more by ambition than art.

"My career literally came to an end at that very moment," he said of the surgery. "From that point forward, my interest was no longer in my profession; my interest was in survival as a human being. It erased the blackboard, and I found myself in the same position as I was as a child."

Martino had spent his childhood in South Philadelphia, his father a singer and sometime guitarist who performed in local nightspots. Inspired by Montgomery and Les Paul, Martino began playing guitar at the age of 12, eventually studying with the revered teacher Dennis Sandole, whose students included such future jazz giants as John Coltrane. In his early teens he played with friends like the saxophonist-turned organist Charles Earland and then-drummer, later-pop-idol Bobby Rydell.

Determined to meet his jazz idols, Martino set out for Harlem at the young age of 15 and quickly settled into a busy schedule playing with masters of the Hammond B-3 organ. Traces of those soul-jazz origins can still be heard on the guitarist's 1967 debut for Prestige, El Hombre, featuring Philly organist Trudy Pitts. The album's unique lineup finds Martino already pushing into new terrain however, with a guitar/flute out front and a percussion-heavy rhythm section supplying powerful propulsion for the leader's quicksilver lines.

By the following year he was stretching further into new inspirations, as evidenced by the exploratory Baiyina (The Clear Evidence). The album incorporated instruments and sounds from Indian classical music as Martino forged a kind of impassioned transcendentalism, merging his fervent soloing and muscular swing with meditative drones.

video

By the mid-'70s, rock and jazz had collided with the birth of fusion — Miles Davis was breaking new ground with his heady electric bands, and groups like Return To Forever and John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra were finding success far beyond jazz audiences. Martino delved into the scene with "Starbright" and the landmark "Joyous Lake," bolstering his trademark sound with serrated distortion and cosmic synths, placing his meticulous fury in an appropriately electrifying setting.

Following his surgery in 1980, Martino spent several years relearning the instrument, listening back to his own recordings and struggling with depression and the grueling process of recovering his skills. He reemerged in 1987 with The Return, which showcased a miraculous virtuosity seemingly undiminished by his brush with death and amnesia.

Martino continued to tour and record for the next three decades, often playing in hard bop or organ combo settings that harkened back to his early career, while displaying a tasteful mastery reflecting his blissful, in-the-moment outlook. Having recaptured a number of memories in the intervening years, in 2011 he released his autobiography, Here and Now! His last release was the straight-ahead Formidable in 2017.

Martino often spoke in aphorisms, responding to direct questions with a wandering curiosity that would circuitously wind its way to something resembling an answer. While he rejected any particular philosophy or spiritual practice, he viewed his music and life from a holistic perspective that refused to divorce art from existence.

"I'm never not working," he insisted in 2008. "To me, work is play. Creative productivity is the most playful, childish state of mind that I reside within on a constant basis. I can't relate to vacations, because I have nothing to vacate. I'm alive and I'm happy. And thank god, I'm less occupied with thoughts about the future, which doesn't exist, or memories that are weighty."

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Pat Martino ‘Jazz guitarists’ Last Interview Before Death​

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Would not know him from Adam, but RIP.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

24-Year-Old Hockey Star Boris Sadecky Dies After Collapsing on Ice in Cardiac Arrest Last Friday – 80% of League is Vaccinated​

By Jim Hoft
Published November 4, 2021

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
FAUCI 4 PRISON :jail: THEN "SPANDAU BALLET". :hang:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I must concur at the present time sir
Sometimes things don't work out. Cannot work out.

This reincarnation of Josef Mengale is eighty years old. He has been involved in, directing, increasingly unethical and illegal and evil acts relating to public health, since 1977.

If by some miracle he was arrested TODAY, charged with multiple homicides, misuse of government funds, conspiracy to spread infectious fatal diseases (including HIV/AIDS back when IT was unknown, and he was in there, THEN, lying) and violations of the Nuremberg Codes...if he got charged TODAY...his lawyers would probably be able to delay the trial for longer than he has to live.

This is how societies fall. Evil endured, evil tolerated, is evil embraced. Which then overtakes the society; and it goes from what we were, forty years ago, to the chaos and governmental-menacing we have today.

Studiopaul

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I had worked with Pat Martino in South Philly..interesting guy to say the least..a great talent!
He told me the story of his father buying him the crappiest guitar ever and not letting him play his fathers nice guitar.
I guess thats one way to learn.. to learn guitar twice and re train his brain once more after his brain surgery is amazing.
He was stuck with his Les Paul sound that he always tried to avoid due to an argument with Les..
Fantastic tone and feel.
Nicks roast beef will miss him for sure!!!

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1637011389550.png

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
how fitting...the crazy drug addict is on top of things...

Heart Attack

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
We all suddenly became experts in propaganda interpretation.
This is what the people behind the Iron Curtain had to do.
Instead of chat rooms and other interweb shit, they typed up some
information using carbon paper and passed it around.
Jan 6 gulag, Solidarity gulag. Etc.
TPTB in Poland said there is no ham in the stores because we had to sent it to the Capitalists in the USA because they are fucking us financially.
Solidarity blew up the train tracks to the USSR. All the hams and pork started stinking as it rotted on the rails. The "news" got out.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thinking this might end up being the biggest thread at GIM.

Heath Freeman death: NCIS actor dies aged 41​

https://archive.fo/o/psjkY/https://...n-stunning-new-photo/ar-AAQLTBE?ocid=msedgntp
1637076902733.png
GettyImages-455946506.jpg
© Getty Images GettyImages-455946506.jpg
NCIS actor Heath Freeman has passed away aged 41.
No cause of death has yet been determined but news of the actor’s passing was confirmed by Pretty Little Liars star Ashley Benson on social media.
She posted a picture of the two of them along with a heartbreak emoji and the caption: “I’ll love you forever @heathmonster RIP.”
Travis Barker’s ex-wife Shanna Moakler also paid tribute to Freeman on Instagram: “Heartbroken to hear of the loss of my dear friend Heath Freeman, talented actor, director, producer, outstanding chef and a solid friend.”

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
We all suddenly became experts in propaganda interpretation.
This is what the people behind the Iron Curtain had to do.
Instead of chat rooms and other interweb shit, they typed up some
information using carbon paper and passed it around.
Jan 6 gulag, Solidarity gulag. Etc.
TPTB in Poland said there is no ham in the stores because we had to sent it to the Capitalists in the USA because they are fucking us financially.
Solidarity blew up the train tracks to the USSR. All the hams and pork started stinking as it rotted on the rails. The "news" got out.
That is so spot-on I have to call it out.

Propaganda interpretation. In a world where the media and facts, don't even have a nodding acquaintance.

In a world where objective information is a State Secret.

Just 18 years since the Shrubs, with their New World Odor, created Homeboy inSecurity...and we've become a Marxist banana republic, controlled by the largest Communist nation of our time.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1637098792761.png

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1637098848721.png

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1637098936817.png

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I’m routinely amazed that garden gnome doesn’t spontaneously combust every time he speaks
That made me smile and chuckle at the same time. Such a delightful mental image.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just amazed at how many people still worship at his altar...
Those are the same 2/3rds of the people who would forcibly load you and your family into a boxcar if their governent told them they needed to.

Is it possible that in the end, the jab will end up fixing that imbalance?

Stay tuned to find out!

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It sure will be nice when we start putting some "National Leaders" names on this thread.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It sure will be nice when we start putting some "National Leaders" names on this thread.
Yep. Nancy looks like she’s close. Bill or Hillary, too. Pedo Joe. How about that bastard, Soros, even though he’s not a national leader? Plenty of them look like they’re knocking on Death’s door.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score