• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Finding jab juice and adreanachrome don't mix...asking satan for a cure takes many sacrifices...as in the deaths of others.
One would have thought she'd get the saline shot

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
One would have thought she'd get the saline shot
She loves her some Leftism...but the Left doesn't love her.

They love the IDEA of a monarch; but they want it one of their own, and with absolute control.

The Queen may even have been told it's just saline. But the Left won't pass a chance to off one of their obstacles.

wastrel

rather annoying
Reaction score
Those are the same 2/3rds of the people who would forcibly load you and your family into a boxcar if their governent told them they needed to.
Hmm. Maybe Casey can give us all some tips on how to disable a boxcar? Just in case...

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe Casey can give us all some tips on how to disable a boxcar? Just in case...
No way, from inside.

Your options with a railcar are very limited. There is only the brakes - the "automatic" brake (service/emergency trainline brake) and the handbrake (wheel or lever outside the carbody).

If you want to stop a train from moving, when it's all set to go (or is moving) you part the trainline. They couple together each car with "Glad-Hand" connectors that can be forced to slip apart. That's to let the air line come apart when a knuckle breaks, or when switching without air. Part the trainline, when each car's air system is charged up, and the service brake goes into "emergency." Immobile.

Until the air system is bled. That's the other fun thing. If you want to set a rail car rolling free, you kick off the handbrake (there's a lever behind/next to the brake wheel, just yank it and the handbrake releases) and bleed off the brake chamber (a lever under the car; it's a rod that runs crosswise, so you can bleed the brake from both sides. Do that, and only God can stop a rolling railcar.

Do that to a whole string of cars, or a train that's stationery (part the brake line, release locomotive brakes manually, then bleed off all the cars) and you've just written tomorrow's headline news. That train WILL roll, WILL pile up, and the damage will be epic.

It's a Federal crime to wreck, try to wreck, a train, or to sabotage railroad equipment. JSYK.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and there are videos about taking out a rail or portions of the rail

in a lot of cases, the train wheels will just roll over that missing track

it has to be done properly as the videos will attest

.gov videos too

:green tea:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
and there are videos about taking out a rail or portions of the rail

in a lot of cases, the train wheels will just roll over that missing track

it has to be done properly as the videos will attest

.gov videos too

:green tea:
I used to hear stories like that on Conrail. Conrail, of course, was the government-funded reorganization of the bankrupt Penn Central Railroad...which itself was a merger of the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central.

Back in the 1970s, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland and Chicago were important manufacturing centers, and rail service had to be protected. The Penn Central went bankrupt partly because of over-regulation of freight rates and service requirements...with the Staggers Act, deregulating much of it, the new Conrail had a great chance, and management took it.

Anyway. Old-timers told me, the roadbed was so bad in the 1970s...they'd have huge chunks missing from the rail in some places...like eight inches. The base would be there but the railhead broken off...and if the engineer knew it was there, he could cut the power, roll through, and the train would make it.

I'd seen WWII Seabees movie shorts training sabotage infiltrators how to wreck trains. Take a 20-foot stretch of rail out, run the train over at speed (I'm guessing it was done with no one at the controls) and yes, most times, the train just hops back on the rails.

You have to pull a rail on a curve; the outside rail; and know that rail is stressed and can spring on you once you lift enough spikes.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
or simply wedge the rails wider at multiple points, allowing the wheels to fall onto the rail bed which will widen the rest of that rail...

i can't imagine, with the continuous rail they now have, removing a piece without emitting a lot of sparks, so, distortion would be the key method these days

but i'm letting my engineering imagination regarding destructive testing, take over

and i probably shouldn't do that...but that video, sounds like you watched the same one, that got me thinking

thanks .gov...but, it wasn't me

FJB

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
or simply wedge the rails wider at multiple points, allowing the wheels to fall onto the rail bed which will widen the rest of that rail...

i can't imagine, with the continuous rail they now have, removing a piece without emitting a lot of sparks, so, distortion would be the key method these days

but i'm letting my engineering imagination regarding destructive testing, take over

and i probably shouldn't do that...but that video, sounds like you watched the same one, that got me thinking

thanks .gov...but, it wasn't me

FJB
If you really want to wreck a train...easiest thing to do is bust a switch. Go in there with a heavy sledge and wedge, or some impact tool...and break the "points" off the switch parts.

Or break the "heel" - where the switch rails pivot. If you have time, you can pull out that whole rail...but remember, signals work on low-voltage current carried through the rails. Break a rail, and the signal drops - goes red.

If you have cables - not jumper cables, this current is millivolts - but copper cables and a way to BOLT them to the rails at both points of the missing section...you can avoid the signal drop. Same is true of a switch. If a switch doesn't line over properly, the signal drops, and the engineer has to get verbal authorization to proceed through the "interlocking" - at restricted (walking) speed.

If you pull a switch rail out, and shunt everything properly...again, you just wrote tomorrow's headline news. Remember that Amtrak train wreck in southern Arizona? That's what the vandals did - they shunted the rail as they pulled a piece of it, out. That told investigators that the saboteurs knew railroading...but, that went nowhere.

Railroads have a lot of disgruntled ex-employees. That's a big list to work through.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It's one thing to wreck a train, it's whole nuther thing to kill someone in the process of wrecking a train.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's one thing to wreck a train, it's whole nuther thing to kill someone in the process of wrecking a train.
You have ZERO control over that. If you set out to wreck a train, you better be ready for the consequences.

Everything from the train crew involved - either on the train you're wrecking, or if the train is unmanned, on a train that may be approaching on the track. To people crossing at road crossings.

To people in homes along the way. I remember reading an account of a Southern Pacific runaway going down the grade at Cajon Pass...when it started coming off the rails, it was on tracks in a suburban housing area. One guy got killed...in the shower in his own bathroom. Tank car loaded with oil, just flew off the embankment, started rolling, and leveled his house.

Wrecking a train is literally TERRORISM. It's not for the faint of heart. Go in knowing, or go home.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Don't do it and you retain control!
True.

Never pull the trigger, and you're not in fear of arrest for homicide.

BUT.

Never stand up to the government operatives, and you're not in danger of being mowed down from them.

At first, anyway. Their demands start easy - hire on quotas; pay your taxes; gender pronouns.

Then, you get the Face Diapers. Then the Jabs.

Then the SERIES of Jabs.

Then, the Next Plandemic.

I don't want to start, or advocate, a wave of domestic terrorism.

But our choices for survival are narrowing.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
But our choices for survival are narrowing.
derailing a train isn't going to fix that. Maybe in a Mad Max world, but we're not anywhere near that, yet.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
derailing a train isn't going to fix that. Maybe in a Mad Max world, but we're not anywhere near that, yet.
Agreed.

For the moment.

Things can change fast.

Know your options. How to make a mine. How to quickly immobilize an enemy, forever, without even wasting ammo. Without the moral horror of killing a captive, even.

How to flee on foot. How to blend in.

How to drop a bridge, or drive a truck, or wreck a train.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your people are being loaded into boxcars, the last thing anyone should want to do is to derail their train.
Disable it to keep it from moving, or block the tracks to prevent its passage, but not derail it.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
If your people are being loaded into boxcars, the last thing anyone should want to do is to derail their train.
Disable it to keep it from moving, or block the tracks to prevent its passage, but not derail it.
SAS would disable the rails and set booby traps for the repair crews

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Keith Allison, Paul Revere and the Raiders star, dead at 79​

Former Paul Revere and the Raiders singer and guitarist Keith Allison has died at age 79.

Former Paul Revere and the Raiders singer and guitarist Keith Allison has died at age 79.
Michael Ochs Archive/Getty Images

Former Paul Revere and the Raiders star Keith Allison passed away at 79, as the remaining rock band members paid tribute to the beloved guitarist.

“It is with deep sadness [we] announce the passing of Keith Allison,” Paul Revere and the Raiders said in a statement.

“We all here in the Raider family are terribly heartbroken. Keith will always be a Raider. Our love goes out to Keith’s wife Tina, son Ryeland, daughters Allison and Brenda, and all the grandchildren.

“Keith was a friend to all, and everyone loved Keith. His presence will be strongly missed,” the band added.

Allison reportedly died on Nov. 17; however, his cause of death remains unknown.

Allison had been associated with several groups throughout the years before reluctantly joining Paul Revere and the Raiders in 1968.

The guitarist came to the band’s attention after being hired as a permanent audience member for Dick Clark’s TV show “Where the Action Is.”