• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stating the obvious, holding a copy of The Constitution in your hand doesn’t necessarily make you a Patriot, just like holding a Holy Bible in your hand doesn’t make you a follower of Christ.
View attachment 238781
He probably never read it in his entire lifetime.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Newsmax was great. Betsy McCoy ripped his skin off. She had all the quotes ready about his bad idea to change the judicial nominee standard from 60 to 50

Lamar Alexander - the Republican will line up nominees like plains waiting to take off - and we did.

I fought with him all the time and disagreed with everything he said and did

Made sure to point out that the Post had Maddens picture but not his

It’s karma

Goldhedge

Retired
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 4.57.42 PM.png

stainesnameaug (18K)

William Russell Staines, Bill, of Rollinsford, New Hampshire, left this life aged 74 on December 5, 2021, the result of very aggressive prostate cancer. He was born on February 6, 1947, in Medford, Massachusetts, to William Henry and Dorothy Trask Staines.

Bill is survived by his wife of forty-five years, Karen Elrod Staines, their son, Bowen Keith Staines, daughter-in-law, Andrea Collins Staines, his brother Stephen Staines and his wife Sherri and their two sons, Benjamin and Joshua, his loving mother-in-law Nancy Smith Elrod, his Springer Spaniel, Lily, and countless friends and fans.

Bill was proud to say that he had been a musician for 57 years, singing his songs and delighting audiences at colleges, clubs, and coffeehouses. He wrote and recorded too many songs to count and gained an international reputation as a gifted songwriter and performer. He wrote his autobiography, 'The Tour', which detailed his life on the road. His song, "A Place in the Choir", is a popular children's book, and has touched the hearts of millions; his several songbooks allowed others to play and sing, too.

Bill's music is a slice of Americana, reflecting his feelings about the prairie people of the Midwest, the adventurers of the Yukon, the on-the-road truckers, or the everyday workers that make up this land. Bill has been described as a modern-day Stephen Foster. His songs, which have been recorded by many artists, will still be around 100 years from now.

In 2015, Yankee Magazine published an edition which included Bill as one of the 80 gifts New England has given to America. This was a true honor for the veteran folksinger.

Most importantly, despite his long weeks, years, and three million miles on the road, he always came home to his family.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score

NFL legend John Madden dead at 85​

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-super-bowl-coach-john-madden-dead-at-85

NFL legend John Madden died Tuesday at the age of 85, the league announced in a statement.

"On behalf of the entire NFL family, we extend our condolences to Virginia, Mike, Joe and their families," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "We all know him as the Hall of Fame coach of the Oakland Raiders and broadcaster who worked for every major network, but more than anything, he was a devoted husband, father and grandfather.

"Nobody loved football more than Coach. He was football. He was an incredible sound board to me and so many others. There will never be another John Madden, and we will forever be indebted to him for all he did to make football and the NFL what it is today."
1640940694423.jpeg

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
:bang head:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Was she jabbed?

Just askin'.
These days, since it's VERY rare that you see a young, previously healthy girl have her heart stop out of the blue, a fair bet is either the jab got her or the Fentanyl did

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These days, since it's VERY rare that you see a young, previously healthy girl have her heart stop out of the blue, a fair bet is either the jab got her or the Fentanyl di
I'm going with OD...she probably was abused in the Disney world and was fighting demons her whole life as a result. My gut.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
18 days shy of her 100th!

1640980979392.png

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
These days, since it's VERY rare that you see a young, previously healthy girl have her heart stop out of the blue, a fair bet is either the jab got her or the Fentanyl did
Not necessarily. I went to high school with this very pretty, trim girl, and she was charming. Remember hearing she had this heart problem but couldn't put this girl and heart issues in the same realm. About a year or two after high school it cut her down.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bye Betty...

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Goodbye Betty, we love you. Rest in peace and thank you so much!!!

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My favorite Betty White role was in a movie called ‘Lake Placid.’ It was a silly movie about a giant alligator loose in a small lake in Maine. Bill Pullman was the county fish and game guy, Oliver Plat was an eccentric millionaire type who ran around the world trying to buddy up with giant crocs and gators, Bridget Fonda was kind of cute and irritating at the same time, as a leftist university professor who ends up on the lake with everybody else. Betty White has the best role in the movie, as an eccentric widow who lived on the lake and knew a little more than she let on. That’s all I’ll say, so I don’t spoil it, if you decide to check it out. It’s a lot of fun.
FB5477B0-A314-437E-B5A8-6B3D4109AA64.jpeg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
She was in Boston Legal for awhile, too. If I remember correctly, she was Allan’s secretary for awhile and kept getting in trouble, because she had a habit of knocking people off with frying pans.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Funny how we lose the good ones & have a long list of those we will celebrate if they passed.
It seems Betty had the good sense to just make people laugh and keep her mouth shut about politics. She knew her job and never seemed to say, “Hey! I think I’ll piss off 50% of my fans, today, cause I don’t care about ‘em,”

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It seems Betty had the good sense to just make people laugh and keep her mouth shut about politics. She knew her job and never seemed to say, “Hey! I think I’ll piss off 50% of my fans, today, cause I don’t care about ‘em,”
Supposedly she did that in the 50s by having people of color on her show...which was allegedly cancelled afterward...so yeah...she's been there, done that. I commend her for it if it's true.

Goldhedge

Retired
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

Former Broncos, Falcons, Giants coach Dan Reeves dies at 77​

Former Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Reeves has died at the age of 77
By PAUL NEWBERRY AP Sports Writer
January 1, 2022

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Betty White … aka the Dusty Muffin! RIP

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My favorite Betty White role was in a movie called ‘Lake Placid.’ It was a silly movie about a giant alligator loose in a small lake in Maine. Bill Pullman was the county fish and game guy, Oliver Plat was an eccentric millionaire type who ran around the world trying to buddy up with giant crocs and gators, Bridget Fonda was kind of cute and irritating at the same time, as a leftist university professor who ends up on the lake with everybody else. Betty White has the best role in the movie, as an eccentric widow who lived on the lake and knew a little more than she let on. That’s all I’ll say, so I don’t spoil it, if you decide to check it out. It’s a lot of fun.
View attachment 239098

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
“If I had a ****, this is where I’d tell you to suck it.”

-Betty White, ‘Lake Placid’, 1999.
She was great. Never backed down from controversy.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
So they jabbed Betty to death & murdered Scalia. See how the game is played by the other side?

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I think that one's fake news.