• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Question about Whiter Shade of Pale: In the chorus, who or what is the miller?

it’s not Chaucers Canterbury tales which is what I grew up thinking

consensus seems to be slang for sitting around in the bar drinking and sharing drunk stories about life while getting old

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees singer, dies at 57​

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/feb/22/mark-lanegan-screaming-trees-singer-dies

Musician and author has died at his home in Ireland after a storied career including being a member of Queens of the Stone Age

Musician Mark Lanegan has died at the age of 57.

The singer, songwriter and musician was known as the lead vocalist for Screaming Trees as well as being part of Queens of the Stone Age.

“Our beloved friend Mark Lanegan passed away this morning at his home in Killarney, Ireland,” read a statement posted to his Twitter account. “A beloved singer, songwriter, author and musician he was 57 and is survived by his wife Shelley. No other information is available at this time. The family asks everyone to respect their privacy at this time.”
I actually met him and his blond wife when my brother did some major tile work on several occasions in the early 2000's. I was laid off at the time and used to sling tile for my brother when he needed help. We rebuilt a double shower and put in a hall way. Those folks were some of the friendliest people for being famous. Just down to earth and easy to work for. His gal was so F'n HOT...

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Shane Warne, arguably Australia's most successful and famous cricketer dead at 52, from suspected heart attack:

In the interests of full disclosure, up until recently, his diet consisted of alcohol and smokes.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
...In the interests of full disclosure, up until recently, his diet consisted of alcohol and smokes.
Are you suggesting there’s a problem with two of the three basic food groups? Snickers bars are number three, so if he was getting those, he should be good.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Are you suggesting there’s a problem with two of the three basic food groups? Snickers bars are number three, so if he was getting those, he should be good.

About 10 years ago, he cleaned up his act and had been on a health kick since.

I think this is scaring the normies to make Biden pants.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1646433928825.png

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Victorian Labor senator Kimberley Kitching dies suddenly in Melbourne aged 52​

Posted 47m ago47 minutes ago, updated 13m ago13 minutes ago
Labor senator Kimberley Kitching

Senator Kimberley Kitching had served in the parliament since 2016.(ABC News: Ross Nerdal)
Help keep family & friends informed by sharing this article
abc.net.au/news/victorian-labor-senator-kimberley-kitching-dies/100900882

Victorian Labor senator Kimberley Kitching has died suddenly in Melbourne.
The ABC understands Senator Kitching, 52, died of a suspected heart attack this afternoon.
Labor Leader Anthony Albanese says the party is "in shock" over her sudden death.
"The Labor family is in shock tonight at the tragic news that our friend and colleague Senator Kimberley Kitching has died suddenly in Melbourne," Mr Albanese tweeted.
"My sincere condolences to her family. Kimberley will be missed by us all."

Anthony Albanese
@AlboMP
The Labor family is in shock tonight at the tragic news that our friend and colleague Senator Kimberley Kitching has died suddenly in Melbourne. My sincere condolences to her family. Kimberley will be missed by us all.
9:22 AM · Mar 10, 2022 from Ballina, New South Wales

Former Labor leader Bill Shorten said Senator Kitching's passing was "an immense loss to Labor and the nation".
"To know Kimberley was to be touched, not just by her serene intellect, but her incredible warmth and vivacity," Mr Shorten said in a statement.
"As a Labor senator she was relentlessly energetic and conscientious, recently resulting in international recognition for her human rights work.
"As well as her innumerable accolades she has been a wonderful friend to myself, my wife Chloe, and our family."

'I come here to represent everyday Australian people'​

Senator Kitching was born in Brisbane before moving to Melbourne in 1995.
During the 2013 federal election, she made a bid for Labor preselection for the Victorian electorates of Lalor and Gellibrand, but was unsuccessful.
Three years later in 2016, Senator Kitching won preselection to fill the Victorian Senate seat vacated by Stephen Conroy's resignation.
In her maiden speech to parliament, Senator Kitching said: "As a former Queenslander who grew up swimming, a proud holder of a bronze medallion, who continues to enjoy swimming in Victoria's chillier waters, I am daunted yet delighted to be thrown in the deep end right here and now".
"I am mindful and deeply humbled that only 591 Australians have ever served in the Senate," she said.
"I am mindful that so much that is great about this nation comes from rising to meet challenges.
"I come here to represent everyday Australian people."
More to come.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Senator Kimberley Kitching had served in the parliament since 2016.(ABC News: Ross Nerdal)
Link copied
COPY LINKSHARE
The ABC understands Senator Kitching, 52, died of a suspected heart attack this afternoon.
Labor Leader Anthony Albanese says the party is "in shock" over her sudden death.
"The Labor family is in shock tonight at the tragic news that our friend and colleague Senator Kimberley Kitching has died suddenly in Melbourne," Mr Albanese tweeted.

Anthony Albanese
@AlboMP
The Labor family is in shock tonight at the tragic news that our friend and colleague Senator Kimberley Kitching has died suddenly in Melbourne. My sincere condolences to her family. Kimberley will be missed by us all.

Copy link to Tweet
Read 181 replies

Former Labor leader Bill Shorten said Senator Kitching's passing was "an immense loss to Labor and the nation".
"To know Kimberley was to be touched, not just by her serene intellect, but her incredible warmth and vivacity," Mr Shorten said in a statement.
"As a Labor senator she was relentlessly energetic and conscientious, recently resulting in international recognition for her human rights work.
"As well as her innumerable accolades she has been a wonderful friend to myself, my wife Chloe, and our family."

During the 2013 federal election, she made a bid for Labor preselection for the Victorian electorates of Lalor and Gellibrand, but was unsuccessful.
Three years later in 2016, Senator Kitching won preselection to fill the Victorian Senate seat vacated by Stephen Conroy's resignation.
In her maiden speech to parliament, Senator Kitching said: "As a former Queenslander who grew up swimming, a proud holder of a bronze medallion, who continues to enjoy swimming in Victoria's chillier waters, I am daunted yet delighted to be thrown in the deep end right here and now".
"I am mindful and deeply humbled that only 591 Australians have ever served in the Senate," she said.
"I am mindful that so much that is great about this nation comes from rising to meet challenges.
More to come.
Probably a bad diet

More to come.

That's for damn sure!!!

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score

Link copied
COPY LINKSHARE

Anthony Albanese
@AlboMP

Copy link to Tweet
Read 181 replies

More to come.
Nice. Another communist politician dead.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

I like this guy, this made me tear up a bit.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Nice. Another communist politician dead.
“who grew up swimming, a proud holder of a bronze medallion, who continues to enjoy swimming in Victoria's chillier waters”

“Kitching, 52, died of a suspected heart attack…”

hmmm. Couldn’t have been the jab, right?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Victorian Labor senator Kimberley Kitching dies suddenly in Melbourne aged 52
Oz mandated everyone get the clot shot...

What you wanna bet...?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Oz mandated everyone get the clot shot...

What you wanna bet...?

The mandates were a state by state proposition, but overall they targeted approx. 65% of the adult population when they defined the sorts of workers that needed to be jabbed. Add the morons that lined up voluntarily and you have about 75% of the adults bombed. Bear in mind though a significant proportion of the jabbed aren't Pfizer/Moderna heads, the bulk of them would have been AstraZeneca recipients as that shit was made here and in quantity well before the mRNA stuff.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
A neighbour of mums passed a few days ago (she was 97 of old age, not jabbed) and we went over today to pay our respects to the family (we've known them for over 40 years). I was speaking to one of her grandchildren and he told me that the funeral won't be until the 12th of May. I asked why the huge delay, he said that the funeral home was swamped and burying 40 people a day. I asked if they could have gone to someone else, he said that every single facility in metro Melbourne is quoting six weeks plus for burial. He said it was because they don't have the freezer space on premise; they have to bury as many as they can in a day. As a means of fast tracking burials, this particular home had set up a temporary freezer facility in a 4000sq metre warehouse to alleviate the load (the lady in question is there).

Further to this, a similar anecdote was presented on one of the free to air TV channels. There's a show called "Gogglebox" where the premise of the show is that they/viewers observe ordinary people watching TV. One of the participants is a pair of Greek ladies and one of them was making a comment about how she went to a funeral for one of her relatives that was delayed by a few weeks due to a "backlog" at the funeral home, exactly what I had described to me today. There were a few calls about it on talkback radio but the host fobbed the callers off pretty quickly.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
A neighbour of mums passed a few days ago (she was 97 of old age, not jabbed) and we went over today to pay our respects to the family (we've known them for over 40 years). I was speaking to one of her grandchildren and he told me that the funeral won't be until the 12th of May. I asked why the huge delay, he said that the funeral home was swamped and burying 40 people a day. I asked if they could have gone to someone else, he said that every single facility in metro Melbourne is quoting six weeks plus for burial. He said it was because they don't have the freezer space; they have to bury as many as they can in a day. One home had set up a temporary freezer facility in a 4000sq metre warehouse to alleviate the load.

Further to this, a similar anecdote was presented on one of the free to air TV channels. There's a show called "Gogglebox" where the premise of the show is that they/viewers observe ordinary people watching TV. One of the participants is a pair of Greek ladies and one of them was making a comment about how she went to a funeral for one of her relatives that was delayed by a few weeks due to a "backlog" at the funeral home, exactly what I had described to me today. There were a few calls about it on talkback radio but the host fobbed the callers off pretty quickly.

They can't blame ALL of it on "ageing population of Baby-Boomers"... but they'll try to...

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They can't blame ALL of it on "ageing population of Baby-Boomers"... but they'll try to...
Of course they can. These are the same people who convinced the world that Joe Biden is the most popular president in American history...81 million votes.

I like to often remember one of the only true constants in life....

People are stupid and stupid people believe anything!!
1647002041319.png

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is it too early to reserve a spot for Jussie Smollet on this thread?

If he does attain room temperature I guess it would be a cost savings for taxpayers and a red pill for the unaware.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

If he does attain room temperature I guess it would be a cost savings for taxpayers and a red pill for the unaware.
Evil don't die they rot away ie Soros, Kissinger, Piglosi, Harry Reid, .....

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

He signed his own death warrent with that one. THey can't let him live now. It might be covid or shank but I doubt he gets out alive. Might end up being a good thing and wake a few more sheeple up. 150 days & counting........... DOWN.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
He signed his own death warrent with that one. THey can't let him live now. It might be covid or shank but I doubt he gets out alive. Might end up being a good thing and wake a few more sheeple up. 150 days & counting........... DOWN.
Not near enough time AFAIC.

Bubble Fat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
AFLAC!

aflac.gif

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
He’ll be a good diversion the day that gas crosses $10 the first time

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

William Hurt, Kiss of the Spider Woman and MCU Star, Dies at 71​

BY ANTHONY LUND

William Hurt passed away peacefully with family one week before his 72nd birthday. RIP.

William-Hurt copy.jpg

Marvel Studios

Oscar-winning actor and Marvel Cinematic Universe regular William Hurt has died of natural causes at the age of 71. Having made his film debut in 1980 in the movie Altered States, Hurt has gone on to star in over 70 movies in his career, the last of which was The King’s Daughter in January this year. In recent years he became best known for playing Thaddeus Ross in the MCU, first appearing as the character in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and making his last on-screen appearance in Black Widow last year. As a tribute to his memory, it has been announced that a voice clip is being added to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with the film being dedicated to his memory.

The news of the actor’s passing was announced by his son, who shared a social media post reading, “It is with great sadness that the Hurt family mourns the passing of William Hurt, beloved father and Oscar-winning actor, on March 13, 2022, one week before his 72nd birthday. He died peacefully, among family, of natural causes. The family requests privacy at this time.”

After studying at the Juilliard School, Hurt made his acting debut on stage in the late 1970s, appearing in productions such as Fifth of July, Hamlet and Ulysses in Traction before making his film debut. Following his role in Altered States, the actor went on to play a lawyer seduced by Kathleen Turner in Body Heat, and starred in Gorky Park. It was a few years later that Hurt really hit his stride, being nominated for three consecutive Best Actor awards at the Oscars for the movies Kiss of the Spider Woman, Children of a Lesser God and Broadcast News. He won the first of those nominations for 1985’s Kiss of the Spider Woman.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Man, that’s a teeth kicker. He’s too damn young to be gone. Altered states was as thought provoking as Carlos Castaneda back in the day

RIP

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Man, that’s a teeth kicker. He’s too damn young to be gone. Altered states was as thought provoking as Carlos Castaneda back in the day

RIP
Cool movie, very fascinating. I have it on DVD. Charles Haid was good in it, too.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Saving as a distraction?

1647218941744.png

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Saving as a distraction?

View attachment 249664

If true I hope the royals do a “Weekend at Bernie’s” so they don’t wind up with Joe Biden of Monarch’s. If Chuck was smart, he’d say “pass” and let his son take the title.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

William Hurt, Kiss of the Spider Woman and MCU Star, Dies at 71​

BY ANTHONY LUND

William Hurt passed away peacefully with family one week before his 72nd birthday. RIP.

View attachment 249637
Marvel Studios

Oscar-winning actor and Marvel Cinematic Universe regular William Hurt has died of natural causes at the age of 71. Having made his film debut in 1980 in the movie Altered States, Hurt has gone on to star in over 70 movies in his career, the last of which was The King’s Daughter in January this year. In recent years he became best known for playing Thaddeus Ross in the MCU, first appearing as the character in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and making his last on-screen appearance in Black Widow last year. As a tribute to his memory, it has been announced that a voice clip is being added to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with the film being dedicated to his memory.

The news of the actor’s passing was announced by his son, who shared a social media post reading, “It is with great sadness that the Hurt family mourns the passing of William Hurt, beloved father and Oscar-winning actor, on March 13, 2022, one week before his 72nd birthday. He died peacefully, among family, of natural causes. The family requests privacy at this time.”

After studying at the Juilliard School, Hurt made his acting debut on stage in the late 1970s, appearing in productions such as Fifth of July, Hamlet and Ulysses in Traction before making his film debut. Following his role in Altered States, the actor went on to play a lawyer seduced by Kathleen Turner in Body Heat, and starred in Gorky Park. It was a few years later that Hurt really hit his stride, being nominated for three consecutive Best Actor awards at the Oscars for the movies Kiss of the Spider Woman, Children of a Lesser God and Broadcast News. He won the first of those nominations for 1985’s Kiss of the Spider Woman.

My personal favorite movie with William Hurt is this one:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101458/

Until the End of the World​

It is a science fiction movie by the German Director Wim Wenders. 1991. I have several versions (length). My "Criterion Director's cut is 4hrs 47 min**). Of course, the "tech" and predictions are dated, after all the movie is 31 years old. However, the movie is extremely well made, great plot, many plot twists. Even the "outdated tech" is great! The Aussie actor Sam Neill is in it, and does a fantastic job. The French actors are great as well. Since he died, I will watch it again, haven't for a while now. In many ways I like it better than, say, Blade Runner, because the stuff is plausible, esp. when it came out in 1991.

Set in 1999, a woman (Dommartin) has a car accident with some bank robbers, who enlist her help to take the bank money to a drop in Paris. On the way she runs into another fugitive from the law (Hurt), an American who is being chased by the CIA. The charges are false, he claims. They want to confiscate a device his father invented which allows anyone to record their dreams and vision. On the run from both the bank robbers and the CIA, the couple span the globe, ending up in Australia at his father's (von Sydow) research facility, where they hope to play back the recordings Hurt captured for his blind mother. Set in the futuristic year of 1999, a subplot about a damaged Indian nuclear satellite crashing and causing the end of civilization is a puzzling addition to the film.

As for the last line in the paragraph above, I think the guy just didn't get it. The satellite crashing was "background" to explain the "mood" of the people, like end times are here and that is why people are acting as they do. My humble opinion.

For sure this is in my top three SciFi movies, and my favorite Hurt film. I love several of his movies, but this one is fantastic if you like him as an actor.

**Until.the.End.of.the.World.1991.CRITERION.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT

wastrel

Mr. Negative
Site Supporter
Reaction score
in the dark, probably being eaten by a grue
Saving as a distraction?

View attachment 249664
The queen might not be dead just yet. They may just want to already have them at hand when she does finally pass on.

Or they know when they're going to kill her. Who knows, here in Clown World.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They are pulling a RBG with the old bag. Pretty obvious,.
I can hardly wait to turn off the TV when they celebrate her 'life' on the news 24/7/365