• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

More dead people thread

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
One of my favorite YouTube channels Jeff Quinn... great gun guy.
Wow. I’m sorry to hear that. I really liked Jeff and his gun reviews. He really was a good old boy.

I thought I should add that I bought a few guns because of Jeff’s reviews.

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A nice article with pictures:

RIP Jeff Quinn of GunBlast.com

excerpt:
And when I say we are diminished by his passing, I am not spouting platitudes. We are diminished. The gun industry is lessened by his death. The day of this writing – July 27, 2020 at approximately noon central – we lost Jeff Quinn of GunBlast.com.​
Jeff’s passing does not come as a surprise. He’d been fighting kidney failure for years, searched for a donor, gone through dialysis, and suffered complications to his heart and other organs. But somehow, every time we heard he was in the hospital and we expected the worst, he prevailed.​

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Conservative firebrand, businessman, and former presidential candidate Herman Cain, 74, has died after a weeks-long battle with the novel coronavirus

He died of the Rona?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Conservative firebrand, businessman, and former presidential candidate Herman Cain, 74, has died after a weeks-long battle with the novel coronavirus

He died of the Rona?
That's the report. He had history of cancer.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain has died after being hospitalized with the coronavirus
Sonam Sheth and Eliza Relman

Herman Cain at the Conservative Political Action Conference in 2012.
Scott Applewhite/AP

The former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain has died, his official website and the conservative website Newsmax said on Thursday. He was 74.

Cain tested positive for the novel coronavirus earlier this month, 11 days after attending President Donald Trump's campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He tweeted a photo of himself at the rally in which neither he nor those around him wore masks.

The day before he was hospitalized, Cain expressed support for the Trump campaign's decision not to require masks at an Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore.

The former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain has died after being hospitalized with COVID-19. He was 74.

"Cain, who recently joined Newsmax TV and was set to launch a weekly show, died in an Atlanta-area hospital where he had been critically ill for several weeks," the conservative website Newsmax reported on Thursday. "He was admitted on July 1, two days after being diagnosed with COVID-19."

Cain's official website also announced the news in a blog post.

"Herman Cain — our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us — has passed away," wrote Dan Calabrese, an editor for the website. "He's entering the presence of the Savior he's served as an associate minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta for, and preparing for his reward."

It's unclear how Cain contracted COVID-19. He tested positive for the disease 11 days after attending a campaign rally for President Donald Trump in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Cain, who was an ardent Trump supporter, tweeted a photo of himself at the rally in which neither he nor those around him wore masks.

Two days after Cain announced he had tested positive for COVID-19, he expressed support for the Trump campaign's decision not to require masks at an Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore.

"Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" Cain tweeted. The tweet was deleted after Cain's death.

A tweet from Cain's account on Wednesday suggested that vaccine skepticism was justified because the US government and the media had "incinerated their credibility." The tweet linked to a post on Cain's website in which a columnist argued that there was "no way of knowing the truth" about whether a coronavirus vaccine would be safe.

https://www.businessinsider.com/her...stSjj022t2rvVYy-RxNLbBXyG8z5fe7wQixLyDl8iaevE

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
He was a good man. Way back when, we elected the wrong black guy.

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
'Donald Trump killed Herman Cain': Liberals waste absolutely zero time politicizing Herman Cain’s death and blaming Trump

'It took mere seconds'

Liberals on Twitter wasted little time politicizing the tragic death of former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain as a result of COVID-19, blaming right-wing ignorance about the virus promulgated by President Donald Trump for killing the 74-year-old conservative commentator.

"Donald Trump killed Herman Cain," Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King wrote, arguing that it was the president's fault for going ahead with a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, amid the pandemic. Cain attended the June 20 rally reportedly not wearing a mask and tested positive for the coronavirus nine days later.

Donald Trump killed Herman Cain. Every health expert in the nation said the rally in Tulsa was not just a bad idea… https://t.co/2560T7cYJi

— Shaun King (@Shaun King)1596123693.0

Another user, "BrooklynDad_Defiant!" tweeted that Trump was guilty of manslaughter for allegedly having the "social distancing' stickers removed from the seats" at the Tulsa rally.

I'm old enough to remember trump had the "social distancing" stickers removed from the seats at the same Tulsa rall… https://t.co/56Zx94S2vr

— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@BrooklynDad_Defiant!)1596125035.0

Aaron McIntire, the producer of BlazeTV's "The Steve Deace Show," tweeted screenshots of tweets from Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe, NBC News correspondent Chris Jansing, Vermont Law School professor Jennifer Taub, and Democratic candidate for Congress Nate McMurray, calling them "ghouls" and saying "it took mere seconds."

In her tweet, Taub said: "Herman Cain would be alive had Trump canceled the Tulsa rally or insisted on mask-wearing. And 150,000 more Americans also died because of [Donald Trump's] incompetence, lies, and arrogance."

Ghouls. It took mere seconds. https://t.co/TSlx3VARa7

— Aaron McIntire (@Aaron McIntire)1596120723.0

Another user pointed to a tweet that Cain's account had posted less than a day before his death citing a CBS News poll to show that Americans are skeptical of a coronavirus vaccine.

The user wrote, "deathbed defiance."

Deathbed defiance. https://t.co/9JpxFmk2pf

— Will Truman (@will Truman)1596123260.0

In a post on Cain's website, editor Dan Calabrese wrote: "Herman Cain — our boss, our friend, like a father to so many of us — has passed away. He's entering the presence of the Savior he's served as an associate minister at Antioch Baptist Church in Atlanta for, and preparing for his reward."

In the post, Calabrese detailed the final weeks of Cain's life, reporting that Cain was hospitalized after testing positive for the virus several weeks ago after he was having difficulty breathing.

The difficulties continued and Cain remained in the hospital for some time. But just five days ago, doctors allegedly expressed hope that he would eventually recover. Unfortunately, that ended up not being the case as Cain, a cancer survivor, passed away Thursday morning.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberals-politicize-herman-cain-death

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
BREAKING NEWS: Wilford Brimley, a character actor who appeared in films like The Firm and Cocoon before becoming the Quaker Oats pitch man, dies at 85
  • Wilford Brimley passed away at home in his native Utah on Saturday, TMZ said
  • Brimley had been on dialysis while being treated in intensive care in recent days
  • He appeared in dozens of movies in the 1970s and 80s as a character actor
  • Brimley's big break came in mid-1970s when he landed role on The Waltons
  • His credits include roles on cult classics like Cocoon, The Natural, and The Thing
  • Brimley also appeared on hit TV shows like Seinfeld and Walker, Texas Ranger
  • He became best known as the commercial pitch man for Quaker Oats foods
  • Brimley also worked to raise awareness of diabetes after he was diagnosed
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...red-Cocoon-Quaker-Oats-pitch-man-dies-84.html

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wilford Brimley! Hate to say so, but I thought he died years ago. He’s always looked old. Been watching him in the movies since the eighties.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Heart disease and cancer.
Heart disease kills about 1700 people a day.
Covid 19 is currently killing 1000 people a day, and doubling every 3 days. It will be the leading cause of death sometime this weekend.
USA death chart below (includes all the Cases falsely assigned To COVID - like the kid in Floriduh who had. COVID but died in a motorcycle accident)

A0C78EC6-9AD9-495E-AFB3-DA2F43FDA68F.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Wilford Brimley! Hate to say so, but I thought he died years ago. He’s always looked old. Been watching him in the movies since the eighties.
That's exactly what I thought. And I'm talking about years ago

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Deaths are a lagging indicator, following new cases by about 3-5 weeks. Case in point is Herman Cain, who tested positive on June 29th and met his maker on July 30th. RIP, Herman.

So, IF new cases are hitting a plateau or peak around now, the end of August deaths should start to flatten or decline.
If I had to pick a number, I'd say deaths go back up to about 2,000 per day before falling again, do not pass the first peak.

Note, there will be a drop in new cases in FL due to testing being shut down for the hurricane.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Deaths are a lagging indicator, following new cases by about 3-5 weeks. Case in point is Herman Cain, who tested positive on June 29th and met his maker on July 30th. RIP, Herman.

So, IF new cases are hitting a plateau or peak around now, the end of August deaths should start to flatten or decline.
If I had to pick a number, I'd say deaths go back up to about 2,000 per day before falling again, do not pass the first peak.

Note, there will be a drop in new cases in FL due to testing being shut down for the hurricane.
Isn't there a special thread here for these make believe beer virus numbers?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Former SDLP leader and Nobel laureate John Hume dies
Updated / Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020

Former SDLP leader and Nobel laureate John Hume has died aged 83.

Born in Co Derry in January 1937, he was regarded as one of the most important figures in recent Irish political history and a key architect of the peace process.

The SDLP released a statement on behalf of the Hume family, stating: "We are deeply saddened to announce that John passed away peacefully in the early hours of the morning after a short illness.

"We would like to extend our deepest and heartfelt thanks to the care and nursing staff of Owen Mor nursing home in Derry. The care they have shown John in the last months of his life has been exceptional.

"As a family, we are unfailingly inspired by the professionalism, compassion, and love they have shown to John and all those under their care. We can never adequately show them our thanks for looking after John at a time when we could not. The family drew great comfort in being with John again in the last days of his life."

In 1998, Mr Hume and then UUP leader David Trimble were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts to end violence in Northern Ireland.

Mr Hume worked tirelessly to bring an end to the violence in Northern Ireland, reaching out both to paramilitaries and politicians, including those in the United States - the first politician to do so.

In 1994, he took part in a historic meeting at Government Buildings involving then taoiseach Albert Reynolds and Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams.

Following the meeting the three men issued a joint statement in which they said they were totally and absolutely committed to a democratic and peaceful method of resolving the Northern Ireland conflict.

After the 1994 meeting, Mr Hume continued to meet Mr Adams.

A ceasefire was called in 1994 but broke down in 1996. A second ceasefire was called in July 1997, leading to Northern Secretary Mo Mowlam inviting Sinn Féin into multi-party talks at Stormont.

Those talks, chaired by US Senator George Mitchell, ultimately led to the signing of the Good Friday Agreement on 10 April 1998.

Mr Hume played a key role in the negotiations that, following referendums north and south of the border, led to the establishment of powersharing at Stormont.

In the wake of the agreement, Mr Trimble became First Minister, with Mr Hume's party colleague Seamus Mallon becoming Deputy First Minister.

As a boy, Mr Hume attended Saint Columb's College in Derry before entering the seminary in Maynooth, Co Kildare, where he decided that the priesthood was not for him.

He left with a BA and MA and returned to Derry to become a teacher, and married Patricia in 1960.

He founded Derry's Credit Union and went on to become national president of the Irish Credit Union movement aged 26.

Mr Hume emerged as a leader of the civil rights movement in his native city in the late 1960s.

He served as vice-chairman of the Derry Citizens' Action Committee and was elected to Stormont in 1969 as an Independent Nationalist MP for the Foyle constituency.

Mr Hume was one of a number of Stormont MPs who founded the Social Democratic and Labour Party in 1970.

In 1979, he was elected to the European Parliament as an MEP for Foyle, a role he held until 2004. He also served as MP for Foyle in Westminster from 1983 to 2005.

In 2001, Mr Hume resigned as leader of the SDLP, citing ill health. He gave up his seat in Brussels in 2004 and at Westminster in 2005.

In his resignation speech at Stormont, Mr Hume said: "I was leader of a great team of people, all of whom have been totally committed to peace and stability on our streets, and all of whom have done everything in their power, as I’ve said repeatedly, have spilled their sweat not their blood, to bring about peace and stability on our streets."

From the mid-90s, Mr Hume publicly recognised the mental toll which the pressures of political life had on him.

Following his retirement from politics, Mr Hume and his wife split their time between Derry and their holiday home in Co Donegal.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A nice article with pictures:

RIP Jeff Quinn of GunBlast.com

excerpt:
And when I say we are diminished by his passing, I am not spouting platitudes. We are diminished. The gun industry is lessened by his death. The day of this writing – July 27, 2020 at approximately noon central – we lost Jeff Quinn of GunBlast.com.​
Jeff’s passing does not come as a surprise. He’d been fighting kidney failure for years, searched for a donor, gone through dialysis, and suffered complications to his heart and other organs. But somehow, every time we heard he was in the hospital and we expected the worst, he prevailed.​
Jeff Quinn Memorial Service - August 1st, 2020 - Gunblast.com (1:41:18)

Published on Aug 4, 2020 by Gunblastdotcom​
Rest In Peace, Jeff Quinn​
January 16th, 1959 - July 27th, 2020​

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
'Dirty Harry' star Reni Santoni, who played Poppie in 'Seinfeld,' has died at 81
Bryan Alexander
USA TODAY

Prolific character actor Reni Santoni, who partnered with Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry" and Sylvester Stallone in "Cobra," and who portrayed Poppie the pizza chef in "Seinfeld," has died at 81.

Santoni died in hospice Saturday after a long illness, TV writer and producer Tracy Newman said of her longtime friend.

"Reni Santoni passed away yesterday morning," Newman wrote in a Facebook tribute. "He had been sick for quite a while. Those of you who knew him know how funny he was, what a terrific actor, improviser, performer, etc. So brilliant. I loved him very much and will miss him terribly. Another great one is gone."

Santoni was best known for his 1971 "Dirty Harry" appearance as rookie detective and college sociology major Inspector Chico Martinez who gets paired up with Eastwood's "Dirty" Harry Callahan. The cop collaboration came despite Callahan's objections ("Just what I needed, a college boy").

Santoni delivered the famous line about his violent partner, "No wonder they call him 'Dirty Harry,' (he) always gets the (expletive) end of the stick."

Director Edgar Wright paid homage to the line and character on Twitter, writing "RIP Reni Santoni."

In 1986's "Cobra," Santoni played Sgt. Tony Gonzales who is paired with Stallone's Lt. Marion Cobretti to protect a model (played Brigitte Nielsen, Stallone's real-life wife) from the "Night Slasher" killer.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HonoredFrankHanumanmonkey-mobile.mp4

In TV's "Seinfeld," Santoni portrayed the argumentative, restaurant-owning Poppie, who overcame his poor bathroom hygiene issues but had continuing bladder control problems in appearances. In the 1994 episode "The Couch," Poppie famously urinated while sitting on Seinfeld's new couch, leading to the famous exclamation, "Poppie peed on my sofa!"

Born April 21, 1939 in New York City, Santoni made minor acting appearances as early as 1962. He caught the eye of writer and director Carl Reiner, who tapped the unknown actor to star in his semi-autobiographical 1967 film "Enter Laughing." Santoni played New York City delivery boy David Kolowitz, who dreams of starring in movies.

Reiner and Santoni worked together again in 1982’s "Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid," which starred Steve Martin.

Santoni made scores of TV appearances including Sgt. John Castle on "Hardcastle and McCormick" and Lt. Rivera on "Manimal," along with police show guest star roles in "Hawaii Five-O," "Hill Street Blues," "NYPD Blue" and "Miami Vice."

While he often played cops, crime lords or judges, Newman says he was best known around friends as being the funniest guy in the room. Santoni made frequent appearances on the 1970s staple "The Merv Griffin Show."

"Merv had him on the show all the time because Reni was so funny," says Newman. "He would play all these tough guys, but when Reni walked into a party all of his friends would say, 'Here is the party.' Ed Begley Jr. used to call him the funniest guy in show business."
Santoni leaves behind his son Nick, who Newman says was "the light of his life."

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
'Dirty Harry' star Reni Santoni, who played Poppie in 'Seinfeld,' has died at 81
Bryan Alexander
USA TODAY

Prolific character actor Reni Santoni, who partnered with Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry" and Sylvester Stallone in "Cobra," and who portrayed Poppie the pizza chef in "Seinfeld," has died at 81.

Santoni died in hospice Saturday after a long illness, TV writer and producer Tracy Newman said of her longtime friend.

"Reni Santoni passed away yesterday morning," Newman wrote in a Facebook tribute. "He had been sick for quite a while. Those of you who knew him know how funny he was, what a terrific actor, improviser, performer, etc. So brilliant. I loved him very much and will miss him terribly. Another great one is gone."

Santoni was best known for his 1971 "Dirty Harry" appearance as rookie detective and college sociology major Inspector Chico Martinez who gets paired up with Eastwood's "Dirty" Harry Callahan. The cop collaboration came despite Callahan's objections ("Just what I needed, a college boy").

Santoni delivered the famous line about his violent partner, "No wonder they call him 'Dirty Harry,' (he) always gets the (expletive) end of the stick."

Director Edgar Wright paid homage to the line and character on Twitter, writing "RIP Reni Santoni."

In 1986's "Cobra," Santoni played Sgt. Tony Gonzales who is paired with Stallone's Lt. Marion Cobretti to protect a model (played Brigitte Nielsen, Stallone's real-life wife) from the "Night Slasher" killer.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HonoredFrankHanumanmonkey-mobile.mp4

In TV's "Seinfeld," Santoni portrayed the argumentative, restaurant-owning Poppie, who overcame his poor bathroom hygiene issues but had continuing bladder control problems in appearances. In the 1994 episode "The Couch," Poppie famously urinated while sitting on Seinfeld's new couch, leading to the famous exclamation, "Poppie peed on my sofa!"

Born April 21, 1939 in New York City, Santoni made minor acting appearances as early as 1962. He caught the eye of writer and director Carl Reiner, who tapped the unknown actor to star in his semi-autobiographical 1967 film "Enter Laughing." Santoni played New York City delivery boy David Kolowitz, who dreams of starring in movies.

Reiner and Santoni worked together again in 1982’s "Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid," which starred Steve Martin.

Santoni made scores of TV appearances including Sgt. John Castle on "Hardcastle and McCormick" and Lt. Rivera on "Manimal," along with police show guest star roles in "Hawaii Five-O," "Hill Street Blues," "NYPD Blue" and "Miami Vice."

While he often played cops, crime lords or judges, Newman says he was best known around friends as being the funniest guy in the room. Santoni made frequent appearances on the 1970s staple "The Merv Griffin Show."

"Merv had him on the show all the time because Reni was so funny," says Newman. "He would play all these tough guys, but when Reni walked into a party all of his friends would say, 'Here is the party.' Ed Begley Jr. used to call him the funniest guy in show business."
Santoni leaves behind his son Nick, who Newman says was "the light of his life."
Wow, I had no idea this guy was Dirty Harry's Chico.

RIP