• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

More dead people thread

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Pat Carroll, actress and comedian got lost in the shuffle this past weekend. I am old enough to remember this character actress and she will be forever remembered for voicing Ursala in the Little Mermaid.

Link

ead://https_pjmedia.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpjmedia.com%2Fnews-and-politics%2Fchris-queen%2F2022%2F08%2F04%2Fremembering-pat-carroll-tv-pioneer-and-the-voice-of-ursula-in-the-little-mermaid-n1618496%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1XknJxVrhmCcHSh3A8REqT3Y-OOVHsNpg43Rej2VjMGIj9y8d0qHx1xbU

Text leading up to the tribute video...

Over the weekend, we lost NBA legend Bill Russell and Star Trek‘s Nichelle Nichols, but lost in that news was the fact that another accomplished celebrity who wasn’t as big of a household name passed away.

Pat Carroll, the actress and comedienne with the distinctive voice who was a fixture in the early days of television and became famous in her later life for voicing the villainous Ursula in The Little Mermaid, died on Saturday at the age of 95.

Carroll was a tremendous actress whose career spanned seven decades and included roles on the big screen, the stage, and on television. It was in the early days of television comedy that she made her first big impact, winning an Emmy for her work on Caesar’s Hour in 1956. She played Shirley’s mother in Laverne & Shirley and appeared on shows as diverse as ER, The Love Boat, and The Carol Burnett Show.

Her early television success translated into a long career in the theater, where she received a Tony nomination for the 1955 musical Catch a Star! and won a Grammy for the 1980 recording of her one-woman show about Gertrude Stein.

But her most lasting impact may have been portraying the sea witch Ursula in The Little Mermaid, the animated feature that launched Disney’s renaissance in 1989. She would return to the character multiple times, including in her last role in 2020, voicing Ursula for a special on Disney+.

Related: Seriously, Disney? The Wokest Place on Earth Finds Beloved Characters ‘Potentially Problematic’

The physical inspiration for the character may have been drag actor Divine, but Carroll gave Ursula a unique characterization.

She told an interviewer:

…my desire before I kicked the bucket was to do a Disney film. I’d never done one. And I got a call from my agent saying, “Would you audition?” “Would I? I would be thrilled to!”
I auditioned for Ursula probably six times, and a year later, I got the call to come and do it. I was so thrilled. I was so excited. And I thought of Ursula — I saw the storyboards on her, and I thought, “This character is very weird. I mean, that’s big. That’s a big villain. And that’s a female character. Now, how do I make a female character big in a comedic sense?”
And I thought of Ursula as an ex-Shakespearean actress who sold used cars. Now if that doesn’t give it to you in a ball, I don’t know what will. And I followed that thing. I had it in my head every time we did a set. I just thought of her in that way. And I couldn’t get any bigger.

Just reading the interview doesn’t do her gregarious laugh and expressive personality any justice. The interview clip is in the tribute video at the end of this article.

Carroll was a dedicated Roman Catholic who relied on her Christian faith to help her choose roles, and she described herself as a “lifelong Republican.”

With such a long career and vibrant presence, fans of great acting and singing will miss Pat Carroll for sure.

Check out this wonderful tribute video: (In the link)

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Is Celine Dion gone?
Almost. Looks like a bug!

1659699070003.jpeg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
That bitch is sick in the head. Needs mental health help. I've seen 80 yrs olds with more meat on their bones and she is only 54.

I wonder if she’s a Vegan. They tend to be malnourished.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1659797995584.png

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I wonder if she’s a Vegan. They tend to be malnourished.
She was always emaciated. Even when young and otherwise reasonably attractive.

I have to wonder what it was her music teacher saw in her. As a mature female, there was nothing there. I cannot IMAGINE what she looked like as a little girl.

But then, I'm not a ped0, either, so I have no comprehension what the draw would have been. Or...could it be her music teacher/molester/husband, starved her or somehow did this?

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
She was always emaciated. Even when young and otherwise reasonably attractive.

I have to wonder what it was her music teacher saw in her. As a mature female, there was nothing there. I cannot IMAGINE what she looked like as a little girl.

But then, I'm not a ped0, either, so I have no comprehension what the draw would have been. Or...could it be her music teacher/molester/husband, starved her or somehow did this?
I didn’t remember her as being emaciated, so I googled up a bunch of her photos. The vast majority of them show a terribly underfed person, in my opinion. She also shows the occasional flash of good taste in clothes, but sometimes a really horrific taste in fashion.
C301C6C1-A83C-4F07-A5F5-8F0D2F84AF56.jpeg
2B65ADE0-3FA6-472E-A8D9-071339E163D8.jpeg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
China said that it was going to retaliate for Piglosi’s visit.. They will either deny involvement or make no comment and smile.
Family said he had heart conditions....

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
She also shows the occasional flash of good taste in clothes, but sometimes a really horrific taste in fashion.
The colors on that swimsuit and cape remind me of a Brach's candy (from the distant past).

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The colors on that swimsuit and cape remind me of a Brach's candy (from the distant past).
I know the one you’re talking about. I could never bring myself to try that one.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Dam global warming

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Judith Durham is dead at 79…​

Judith Durham, Australian folk icon behind Oscar-nominated song 'Georgy Girl,' dies at 79​

The lead singer of the Seekers was considered a "national treasure."
By Sara NetzleyAugust 06, 2022 at 03:31 PM EDT

FBTweetMore

Judith Durham, the Australian folk-music icon who sang lead on the Oscar-nominated single "Georgy Girl" with the Seekers, has died at the age of 79.
Durham died Friday at Alfred Hospital in Melbourne as a result of complications from a long-standing chronic lung disease, according to a statement from Musicoast Pty. Ltd. and Universal Music Australia posted to the Seekers' official Facebook page.
Durham joined the Seekers in 1963, and the group soon rose to international fame with hits such as "I'll Never Find Another You" and "The Carnival Is Over." The track "Georgy Girl" was the title song for the 1966 Lynn Redgrave film of the same name.
Mandatory Credit: Photo by Joel Goodman/Lnp/Shutterstock (3785643h) The Seekers - Judith Durham The Seekers in concert at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Britain - 29 May 2014

Judith Durham

| CREDIT: JOEL GOODMAN/LNP/SHUTTERSTOCK
In March 1967, the Seekers claimed a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for their performance at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, which was attended by 200,000 people — roughly one-tenth of the city's population at the time. The Seekers eventually sold 50 million records.

Durham left the group for a solo career in 1968 but returned to record with them throughout the 1990s.
"Our lives are changed forever losing our treasured lifelong friend and shining star," Keith Potger, Bruce Woodley, and Athol Guy, the surviving members of the Seekers, said in the statement, which also included a comment from Durham's sister Beverly Sheehan. "Judith's joy for life, her constant optimism, creativity, and generosity of spirit were always an inspiration to me," she said.
It is with overwhelming sadness that Musicoast Pty. Ltd. and Universal Music Australia announces the death of...
Posted by The Seekers on Saturday, August 6, 2022
Tributes to Durham poured in on social media, with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese tweeting, "A national treasure and an Australian icon, Judith Durham gave voice to a new strand of our identity and helped blaze a trail for a new generation of Aussie artists. Her kindness will be missed by many. The anthems she gave to our nation will never be forgotten."

A national treasure and an Australian icon, Judith Durham gave voice to a new strand of our identity and helped blaze a trail for a new generation of Aussie artists.

Her kindness will be missed by many, the anthems she gave to our nation will never be forgotten.
— Anthony Albanese (@AlboMP) August 6, 2022
Chris Minns, the leader of the Australian NSW Labor Party, wrote that Durham was "someone who defined not just a generation, but what it meant to be an Aussie."

Vale Judith Durham - a trailblazer for Australian women in music.

Someone who defined not just a generation, but what it meant to be an Aussie.

You will never be forgotten.

The carnival goes on. pic.twitter.com/lm8TCAYbFi
— Chris Minns (@ChrisMinnsMP) August 6, 2022
In 2015, Durham was named the Victorian of the Year, an honor given by Victoria, a Southeastern state in Australia. She was also awarded the
Medal of the Order of Australia alongside her bandmates in 1995. The Seekers were jointly named Australian of the Year in 1967.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Tributes paid to doctor who died after collapsing on bike during Kilkenny race​

Eoghan Dalton - Yesterday 11:00
React4 Comments|

• Save

1659876313884.png

TRIBUTES HAVE BEEN paid to a doctor who died following an incident on his bike during a road race last weekend.
Dr Frank O'Dwyer who died this week
© Rip.ieDr Frank O'Dwyer who died this week
A&E consultant Frank O’Dwyer was travelling with members of his local cycling club when he collapsed from his bike during the Tour de Kilkenny.
Emergency services were called and O’Dwyer, aged in his early 60s, was hospitalised before passing away this week at Beaumont Hospital.
Management and staff at St Luke’s Hospital in Kilkenny, where O’Dwyer worked for 16 years, expressed their deep sadness at his “untimely and tragic” death on Tuesday in a statement issued by the Ireland East Hospital Group.
It said Dr O’Dwyer will be remembered as a “dedicated and valued” member of emergency department who provided “professional compassionate care to many of the citizens in Carlow and Kilkenny”.
“We would like to extend our deepest condolences to his wife and family, along with his many friends at this very difficult time. May he rest in peace.”
Sympathies were also offered by the Marble City Cyclers who Dr O’Dwyer raced alongside.
Gardaí have said they are still seeking witnesses to the medical incident, which occurred in the Gowran area of Co Kilkenny at approximately 9:30am on Saturday morning last, 30th July.
Anyone who may have been in the area at the time can contact Goresbridge Garda Station at (059) 977 5202.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Gardaí have said they are still seeking witnesses to the medical incident, which occurred in the Gowran area of Co Kilkenny at approximately 9:30am on Saturday morning last, 30th July.
Anyone who may have been in the area at the time can contact Goresbridge Garda Station at (059) 977 5202.
interesting

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
interesting
Wht's interesting is ALL of these deaths and no direct cause. Like reporting without reporting anything.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Wht's interesting is ALL of these deaths and no direct cause. Like reporting without reporting anything.
Mainstream media has not told the public to be concerned. So they aren't .

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Roger Mosley, TC from Magnum PI & Clu Gulager from the Virginian both passed.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Citizens Free Press:

I read Citizens Free Press daily. CFP, Instapundit, & The Liberty Daily are my first 3 sources for news. I never read or watch ANY establishment media unless its linked to from conservative media sources.

My wife who's a nurse at our local VA hospital and who refused the jab has seen lots of jab injuries from both staff and staff family, but also from many patients. They are no longer threatening to fire her but she still has to get tested weekly.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Some coincidences are larger than others.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Roger Mosley, TC from Magnum PI & Clu Gulager from the Virginian both passed.

TC died in a car crash; I thought it would have been a helicopter

RIP

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw that Olivia Newton John has died.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Olivia Newton-John age 73

Olivia Newton-John, who gained worldwide acclaim for her starring role in "Grease," died Monday morning at age 73, according to her family.

"Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends," her family wrote in a statement shared on social media. "We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time."

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer," the statement continued.

Originally diagnosed with breast cancer in the '90s, Newton-John was in remission for more than 20 years before it returned in 2013. She revealed in 2018 that the disease returned and metastasized to her spine.

A singer, songwriter, actress and activist, Newton-John, the granddaughter of Nobel Prize-winning physicist Max Born was born in 1948 in Cambridge, England. When she was 5, her family relocated to Melbourne, Australia, and by her teens, she'd landed her big break, winning a talent contest on the TV show "Sing, Sing, Sing."

By 1966, Newton-John had signed a deal with Decca Records, but her major breakthrough wouldn't come until 1973, with the country-flavored hit "Let Me Be There." That same year, the Academy of Country Music named her its most promising female vocalist, and in 1974, the Country Music Association agreed, crowning her its female vocalist of the year.

The next year, the singer's career would gravitate more toward pop, as she released one of her signature songs. "I Honestly Love You," which won Grammys for record of the year and best female pop vocal performance in 1974.
MORE: Olivia Newton-John reveals she has cancer for third time

Generations of fans -- particularly young girls -- would come to identify with Newton-John as she took on her most iconic film role in 1978, playing Sandy alongside John Travolta's Danny Zuko in the big-screen adaptation of the musical "Grease." The two would become one of cinema's most beloved couples, performing the duets "You're the One That I Want" and "Summer Nights" together. Newton-John added to her solo staples with "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

In 1980, Newton-John teamed with the legendary Gene Kelly for the roller-skating fantasy "Xanadu." The movie became a cult classic, and also gave the actress another chart-topping hit from its double-platinum soundtrack. Newton-John and Travolta rekindled their onscreen romance for "Two of a Kind" in 1983, and while the film wasn't successful, once again, the actress' music was. The soundtrack went platinum and "Twist of Fate" was a top-five hit.

In this Sept. 10, 2010, file photo, Olivia Newton John poses for a portrait during the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto, Canada.
© Matt Carr/Getty Images, FILEIn this Sept. 10, 2010, file photo, Olivia Newton John poses for a portrait during the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto, Canada.

On the small screen, Newton-John would become a music-video pioneer, turning her super-sexy single "Physical" into a campy romp through saunas, aerobics and workout rooms, alternating ultra-fit male models with an out-of-shape every-man who could lose a few pounds. The clip propelled the song to 10 weeks at the top of the chart, and "Physical" won the 1982 Grammy for video of the year.

Newton-John charted many No. 1 hits throughout her career and sold more than 100 million albums, continuing to work right up until the recurrence of her cancer forced her postpone her 2017 tour. Earlier, she staged a well-received Las Vegas residency at the Flamingo for two years, starting in the spring of 2014.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Link

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Olivia Newton-John, who gained worldwide acclaim for her starring role in "Grease," died Monday morning at age 73, according to her family.

"Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends," her family wrote in a statement shared on social media. "We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time."

"Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer," the statement continued.

Originally diagnosed with breast cancer in the '90s, Newton-John was in remission for more than 20 years before it returned in 2013. She revealed in 2018 that the disease returned and metastasized to her spine.

A singer, songwriter, actress and activist, Newton-John, the granddaughter of Nobel Prize-winning physicist Max Born was born in 1948 in Cambridge, England. When she was 5, her family relocated to Melbourne, Australia, and by her teens, she'd landed her big break, winning a talent contest on the TV show "Sing, Sing, Sing."

By 1966, Newton-John had signed a deal with Decca Records, but her major breakthrough wouldn't come until 1973, with the country-flavored hit "Let Me Be There." That same year, the Academy of Country Music named her its most promising female vocalist, and in 1974, the Country Music Association agreed, crowning her its female vocalist of the year.

The next year, the singer's career would gravitate more toward pop, as she released one of her signature songs. "I Honestly Love You," which won Grammys for record of the year and best female pop vocal performance in 1974.

Generations of fans -- particularly young girls -- would come to identify with Newton-John as she took on her most iconic film role in 1978, playing Sandy alongside John Travolta's Danny Zuko in the big-screen adaptation of the musical "Grease." The two would become one of cinema's most beloved couples, performing the duets "You're the One That I Want" and "Summer Nights" together. Newton-John added to her solo staples with "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

In 1980, Newton-John teamed with the legendary Gene Kelly for the roller-skating fantasy "Xanadu." The movie became a cult classic, and also gave the actress another chart-topping hit from its double-platinum soundtrack. Newton-John and Travolta rekindled their onscreen romance for "Two of a Kind" in 1983, and while the film wasn't successful, once again, the actress' music was. The soundtrack went platinum and "Twist of Fate" was a top-five hit.

In this Sept. 10, 2010, file photo, Olivia Newton John poses for a portrait during the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto, Canada.
© Matt Carr/Getty Images, FILEIn this Sept. 10, 2010, file photo, Olivia Newton John poses for a portrait during the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto, Canada.

On the small screen, Newton-John would become a music-video pioneer, turning her super-sexy single "Physical" into a campy romp through saunas, aerobics and workout rooms, alternating ultra-fit male models with an out-of-shape every-man who could lose a few pounds. The clip propelled the song to 10 weeks at the top of the chart, and "Physical" won the 1982 Grammy for video of the year.

Newton-John charted many No. 1 hits throughout her career and sold more than 100 million albums, continuing to work right up until the recurrence of her cancer forced her postpone her 2017 tour. Earlier, she staged a well-received Las Vegas residency at the Flamingo for two years, starting in the spring of 2014.

Link

Its a sad day. My daughter loved Grease when she was very young and loved the part ONJ played. SMH

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just saw that Olivia Newton John has died.

Link
"FOREVER YOUNG" in my heart, cry:

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Arkansas Judge Found Dead at the Bottom of Lake​

Photo of Martin Walsh Martin WalshAugust 8, 2022
Lake-Police.jpg
Screengrab

OPINION: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

The death of an Arkansas judge whose body was recovered from a lake is being investigated as an accidental drowning, authorities said.
Judge Jeremiah T. Bueker went missing Saturday night and his body was recovered on Sunday morning.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that his body was found in Mud Lake in Reydell, which is just outside of Little Rock.

Maj. Gary McClain said that Bueker went missing after going for a ride on a recreational vehicle. He was spending the weekend with family at a nearby cabin, McClain said.
“It appears he decided to go swimming after maybe being dusty and he went missing,” he said. “No one was with him, he was alone.”
The sheriff’s office said crews used sonar to locate Bueker’s body at the bottom of the lake Sunday morning.

Bueker was a county district judge for the northern district of Arkansas County.
“I truly pray that the successful recovery of Judge Bueker’s body by our deputies and Arkansas Game & Fish Wildlife Officers brings some sense of closure to the Bueker Family and those who knew him best. The scour of emotions they must feel right now is devastating,” Sheriff Lafayette Woods, Jr. said in a statement.

“Bueker, several family members, and friends spent their weekend in Jefferson County, Arkansas as part of their recreational travel. At some point during their outing, Bueker reportedly ventured off alone. After time had passed and no one had seen or heard from Bueker, worry began to set in. A search for Bueker by family and friends began,” the statement read.

“Bueker was last seen near Mud Lake, which channels into the Arkansas River just north of Achorn Drive in Reydell, Arkansas. Unable to immediately locate Bueker and well past sunset, Bueker’s Family called 9-1-1. Jefferson County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched by the Metropolitan Emergency Communications Association (MECA) just before midnight and immediately responded. Upon arrival, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Marine Patrol, joined wildlife officers with the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission began an extensive ground and water search. Boats were deployed to aid in the search of Bueker. The continued well into the early morning before both ground and water searches were suspended due to low visibility,” the statement added.

The statement continued: “Just after sunrise, deputies and wildlife officers resumed their search for Bueker and scoured the depth and breadth of Mud Lake. At approximately 9:16 a.m., the side-scan sonar revealed a body on the bottom of the lake. Deputies utilized subsurface body recovery drag/rescue hooks to recover Bueker’s body. Upon recovery of the body, deputies and investigators with the assistance of family positively identified the body as that of Bueker.”

Sheriff Woods said, “I truly pray that the successful recovery of Judge Bueker’s body by our deputies and Arkansas Game & Fish Wildlife Officers brings some sense of closure to the Bueker Family and those who knew him best. The scour of emotions they must feel right now is devastating.”

The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office was notified and arrived at the scene a short time later, where Bueker was pronounced deceased. Bueker’s death is being investigated as an accidental drowning; however, his body will be sent to the State Medical Examiner for an autopsy.

Stuttgart Mayor Norma Strabala, meanwhile, said she was “shocked and heartbroken” by Bueker’s sudden death.

“Jeremy was an important and special person in this community, serving as a good friend, fierce attorney, and as Arkansas County Northern District Court Judge for nearly a decade,” Strabala wrote on Facebook. “I am praying for Sunny, his family, and this community as we mourn this tragic loss.”

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Emmerdale actor Sam Gannon dies suddenly aged 31​

Sam Gannon played Kev the horse-drawn carriage coachman in Emmerdale, and shared scenes with Charity Dingle.

Bethany Minelle
Arts & Entertainment reporter @BethanyMinelle
Monday 8 August 2022 11:48, UK

[IMG alt="Sam Gannon : Emmerdale actor dies
aged 31"]https://e3.365dm.com/22/08/768x432/skynews-sam-gannon-emmerdale_5858166.jpg?20220808083247[/IMG]
Image:Actor Sam Gannon has died aged 31 while travelling in America. Pic: JustGiving/SamGannon
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...erdale actor Sam Gannon dies suddenly aged 31
Ex-Emmerdale actor Sam Gannon has died suddenly while travelling in the US, his family have said.

Gannon, 31, who played Kev in the long-running ITV soap in 2019, had been staying with family in Willows, California.

His death is not being treated as suspicious.

His mother, Angela Gannon, said she had last spoken to her son on Monday, and described his death as an "absolute, total shock".

She also told the BBC that a heart condition he had had from birth had "reared its ugly head" in recent months.

She explained: "You just don't expect these things to happen, especially to a young man of 31 who was having the time of his life. He was having a great time, up in the mountains shooting tin cans, building stables for horses."

Gannon's character in Emmerdale was a horse-drawn carriage coachman, sharing scenes with the character Charity Dingle, played by Emma Atkins.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Original Fox News Anchor Uma Pemmaraju Dead at 64​

By Cristina Laila
Published August 9, 2022 at 12:49pm
151 Comments
ShareTweetShare to Gab
FZu_6VFXgAIVEGK.jpg

Uma Pemmaraju, one of the original Fox News anchors, has passed away.
She was 64 years old.
The cause of death was not released.
“We are deeply saddened by the death of Uma Pemmaraju, who was one of FOX News Channel’s founding anchors and was on the air the day we launched. Uma was an incredibly talented journalist as well as a warm and lovely person, best known for her kindness to everyone she worked with. We extend our heartfelt condolences to her entire family,” FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott said.
TRENDING: Judge Bruce Reinhart Who Signed Warrant to Raid Trump's Home at Mar-a-Lago Previously Worked for Jeffrey Epstein -- Please Help TGP In Our Legal Quest to Get Epstein Client List
More from Fox News:
Founding Fox News Channel anchor Uma Pemmaraju has died at age 64.
Pemmaraju was on the air when Fox News launched on Oct. 7, 1996. At the time, Pemmaraju was one of the only Indian-American anchors to reach national prominence, and she was beloved by viewers and Fox News colleagues alike.
Pemmaraju first anchored “Fox News Now” and “Fox On Trends.” She left the network but rejoined in 2003 as an anchor and substitute host across the network. She also hosted the Sunday edition of “FOX News Live,” anchored “The Fox Report” and interviewed newsmakers, celebrities and political figures from all walks of life, including a memorable sit-down with the Dalai Lama.
Pemmaraju also hosted a variety of specials for Fox News, such as “A Special for Young People,” which features top newsmakers offering advice on life challenges to young adults. In 2012, Pemmaraju was surprised on Mother’s Day when her daughter appeared live on-air during a Fox News segment.
The award-winning anchor was born in India, raised in Texas and honed her craft at local stations in Dallas, Baltimore and WBZ-TV in Boston, before relocating to New York to help launch Fox News Channel. Her family told WBZ-TV’s David Wade she was a “noble soul and pioneer.”

Former Arkansas Governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee said he was sad to hear of Pemmaraju’s passing.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Saudi businessman collapses and dies during speech in Cairo​

Video at link

Video has captured the moment a businessman collapsed and died while giving a speech at a business conference.

Frank Chung Frank Chung

@franks_chung

less than 2 min read
August 10, 2022 - 5:54PM

WARNING: Graphic content
Shocking video has captured the moment a businessman collapsed and died while giving a speech at a conference in Egypt.
Muhammad Al-Qahtani, a Saudi businessman reportedly residing in the United Arab Emirates, was giving a speech at the speaking at the Arab-African Conference in Cairo on Monday when he appeared to lose consciousness and fall over backwards.
Mr Al-Qahtani was chairman of the board of Al-Salam Holding Company and reportedly held a number of honorary positions as a goodwill ambassador.
He had been speaking at the event, which was held under the title “in support of the achievements of [Egyptian] President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi”, at the time he collapsed, according to Arabi21.

السيسي عميد الإنسانية ورجل السلام، بوووووم 💥
سَتÙكمÙÙ„Ùها يوم البعث يا Ù‚Øطاني pic.twitter.com/ie4Ma02NTa
— عبدالله الشري٠(@AbdullahElshrif) August 9, 2022

Ù…Øمد بن ناصر بن وزن آل مسعود القØطاني
رجل أعمال سعودي مقيم بالإمارات وتم منØÙ‡ مناصب شرÙية كسÙير نوايا Øسنة وما إلى ذلك
"ستكتب شهادتهم ويÙسئلون"
اللهم إنا نسألك Øسن الخاتمة pic.twitter.com/pOAILVbIUS
— عصام (@DrEsamBaraka) August 9, 2022
He had reportedly praised the President of the Emirates, Mohammed bin Zayed, as a “dean of humanity and a man of peace” just before he fell to the ground.
Abdullah Elshrif, an Egyptian YouTuber, wrote that Mr Al-Qahtani died after being taken away to another room by security guards at the conference.

More Coverage​

Mum dies in front of kids on planeMum, 38, dies walking daughter to school
The event was attended by representatives of international, regional and Arab bodies and organisations, as well as a number of ambassadors and Arab personalities, Arabi21 reported.
Mr Al-Qahtani’s cause of death was not immediately clear.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What you in for? Murder. Killed my dad...

Canadian Musician Found Dead in Apartment, Son Charged With Murder​

Gary Ray
by Gary Ray

August 10, 2022

Canadian Musician Found Dead in Apartment, Son Charged With Murder

Gord Lewis, the lead guitarist for a Canadian band called, Teenage Head, was found dead in his apartment in Hamilton, Ontario.
Lewis’s son, Jonathan, 41, is accused of murder.

The New York Post noted that Lewis co-founded the punk rock band Teenage Head in 1975. Other band members included vocalist and drummer Frankie Venom and singer Dave Desroches.

According to The New York Post, local officials charged Jonathan Lewis with second-degree murder.

Reportedly, the crime was an “isolated event,” and Jonathan had no accomplices.

According to the Hamilton Spectator, several media outlets received email messages from an account registered to Jonathan Lewis before law enforcement knew of Gord Lewis’ death.

The email messages reportedly include multiple references to Gord’s death.

One of the media outlets reported the email message to a 911 dispatcher, who sent officers to Gord’s home to conduct a “wellness check.”

Upon entering the residence, police discovered Gord’s body.

The New York Post reported that Gord sustained “injuries consistent with foul play” and that law enforcement is “continuing to seek out witnesses and reviewing video in the area.”

Hamilton Detective Sara Beck stated that an autopsy would be performed and that an investigation is ongoing.

Tributes to the guitarist are posting on Instagram and Facebook.

A statement from the Teenage Head band read:

“We are heartbroken and still trying to process the loss of our friend, bandmate and brother Gord Lewis. Our hearts are with his family and all that knew and loved him. Gord was a force and an inspiration to many. You were taken from us far too soon.”

No motive for the crime has been made public at this time.